• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

nel e nel

Installed both discs. But thats the only thing thats gone right. Neither my ME1 or ME2 saves are recognized so I have to start from scratch. This would be AS big an issue to me if they let you choose between the game changing options from the previous two games.

BUT THEY DONT.

Did anyone else not get the option to change difficulty? If I wanted to go for the insanity achievement right off the bat I would have to create my character over again and choose the difficulty before starting the game.

ME1 saves don't import because they have changed the character creator too much. There has been reports of problems with ME2 saves that are on the cloud, or have been transferred from the cloud. Basically, if your ME2 save was on the cloud at any time, it won't import. Solution is to transfer it to a USB drive, and then transfer it from that to your Xbox.

You can change all the game settings from the Options page on the main menu before you even start up a new game. At least you could in the demo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh, can someone post the link, just in case

FOR PEOPLE IMPORTING AN ORIGINAL ME1 CHARACTER:

ME3 is incompatible with faces built on the original ME1 editor. The reason for this is while ME2 takes raw ME1 data to transfer your face, ME3 does not, instead using the generated ME2 face codes. Unfortunately when importing a ME1 face into ME2, your character will not generate an accurate code. Thus, when importing into ME3, no face code exists for the game to read.

You can still import your character and all your decisions from previous games, but you will need to remake your face.

Or you can follow the instructions on this website to generate the most accurate ME2 equivalent face code for your ME1 original Shepard. It works very well. There will be some errors, due to the script used to generate the code, but most of these are basic and easily fixable things like hair/brow/iris colour. All the little details, such as facial shape, jaw width, nose height, etc, these will transfer correctly. The website used to generate your code will list what features it reset to default anyway, making it easy to see what you need to fix.

This works for 360 and PC saves.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really pissed my me 1 face isn't imported. Let a friend borrow ME2 so I have no way of getting the face code or whatever bullshit it is. (If I need that shouldn't it just be in the fucking save?)

Zeliard

Just finished the DLC mission. It was somewhat entertaining and relatively informative on lore, but I'm not sure if it was worth $10 yet. I haven't had a chance to use the new squad member in battle so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

Strongly considering purchasing him, at which point I'll have to take a boiling hot shower afterwards to wash off the grime of Day 1 DLC.

But he's like the only interesting squad member outside of the oldschool threesome of Liara, Tali and Garrus. Though it's still early, so who knows. Ashley's dead and Kaiden is Kaiden. I enjoy treating him like shit whenever we talk. It's tradition.

I'm just curious, is DLC squad member more like Zaeed and Kasumi in that they don't have much in the way of dialogue with you? Is it just a bunch of one-liner monologues again like those two, or is the newb a more "legitimate" character that you actually have some sort of relationship with?

10 dollars for a day 1 squad member. Jesus. Gaming has gotten seriously weird.

JambiBum

Well the character is already more interesting and informative than Zaeed was in the entirety of ME2. So there's that I suppose.

I just used him in battle for the first time. He's a pretty powerful biotic. Has slam and some new power specific just to him that is pretty strong. Can't remember what it is though. Also if you talk to him on the ship enough you eventually unlock slam for yourself if you want.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really pissed my me 1 face isn't imported. Let a friend borrow ME2 so I have no way of getting the face code or whatever bullshit it is. (If I need that shouldn't it just be in the fucking save?)

If you've still got your ME2 saves on your 360/PC you can still follow the steps to get your face.

DTKT

So, quick question, is there such a thing as temp squad member?

Let's say I want to roll with Tali, Liara for most of the game, can I do that? Or does that game forces me with certain choices?

I want some alien chicks you know?

Derrick01

Banned
Strongly considering purchasing him, at which point I'll have to take a boiling hot shower afterwards to wash off the grime of Day 1 DLC.

But he's like the only interesting squad member outside of the oldschool threesome of Liara, Tali and Garrus. Though it's still early, so who knows. Ashley's dead and Kaiden is Kaiden. I enjoy treating him like shit whenever we talk. It's tradition.

I'm just curious, is DLC squad member more like Zaeed and Kasumi in that they don't have much in the way of dialogue with you? Is it just a bunch of one-liner monologues again like those two, or is the newb a more "legitimate" character that you actually have some sort of relationship with?

10 dollars for a day 1 squad member. Jesus. Gaming has gotten seriously weird.

I can only comment on what happened immediately after his mission since I stopped playing, but I was able to talk to him and he had a full investigate dialog option with quite a few things to talk about. But that conversation took place right after the scene on the Normandy, like I didn't walk up to him on my own and he had a bunch of things to say. It's still unclear if he'll actually have stuff to talk about later.

G17

Anyone know how to get the Normandy Prop if you have the Collector's edition? Is there a seperate code for it? Because I entered the Online pass and DLC code and it doesn't seem to be there when I customize my avatar under props or awards.

EatChildren

Provided you have a big enough flash drive! :/

Yeah, that really sucks. I assume you cant copy the individual saves from the 360, only the entire career folder? Saves themselves are only ~200kb.

hyduK

Banned
So what kind of locales are we working with here? Specifically wondering of there's anything involving snow (ie. Noveria).

ape2man

Please guys use SPOILER TAGS for us EUROPEAN people.

i just saw
mars
photo's and guys talking about the citadel, that stuff is not funny.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, that really sucks. I assume you cant copy the individual saves from the 360, only the entire career folder? Saves themselves are only ~200kb.

I think the killer part is that the 360 won't format any flash for proper usage unless it is 1gig + It uses a certain amount of that half for system files. :/

Nori Chan

I just put 1-day shipping for the CE, but it says estimated delivery date March 9th?

wtf this isn't Europe here. :(

hey at least you got it :D i saw you posted that you couldn't find one and i was about to pm you about it

But yeah, I went for 2-day shipping. Still haven't beaten ME2 lol

Zeliard

So, quick question, is there such a thing as temp squad member?

Let's say I want to roll with Tali, Liara for most of the game, can I do that? Or does that game forces me with certain choices?

I want some alien chicks you know?

My character romanced Liara in ME1 and Tali in ME2. I'll be disappointed if they don't box at some point.

Anyone know how to get the Normandy Prop if you have the Collector's edition? Is there a seperate code for it? Because I entered the Online pass and DLC code and it doesn't seem to be there when I customize my avatar under props or awards.

There should be a separate sheet in the CE for the Normandy Prop. It has a 2-day XBL Gold pass on the flip side of the sheet.

Derrick01

Banned
In the end you should stay away from OP's close before release.

That's probably sound advice for the people scared of spoilers, especially people who are forced to wait a few extra days.

That being said I'm trying to make my comments as vague as possible. Trying to limit info that I reveal to things that I know for sure have been publicly released...and even then I use discretion because I think for example Bioware publicly revealing the dlc character was a stupid decision.

I've read the description for "Ninety Degree Cover Turn" about 10 times and I still have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Is this thing worth keeping mapped to my scroll button?

LogicStep

How soon from the start of the game do you get to interact with the DLC character? I'm trying to buy the DLC but I keep getting an error and I just want to start playing but I want to get to the DLC character asap.

is the collectors edition worth it? cuz it's up on amazon right now and i'm contemplating!!!

If you want the From Ashes DLC, which is $10, then yes. The CE is only $10 more if you're going to buy the From Ashes DLC anyway. The extras are good, if a little unspectacular, but then this is an $80 CE, not $100 or more.

Derrick01

Banned
How soon from the start of the game do you get to interact with the DLC character? I'm trying to buy the DLC but I keep getting an error and I just want to start playing but I want to get to the DLC character asap.

As soon as you get control of the galaxy map. Which is
around 3 hours or so

JambiBum

I've read the description for "Ninety Degree Cover Turn" about 10 times and I still have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Is this thing worth keeping mapped to my scroll button?

It's for when you want to go around a corner while you are in cover. Instead of having to get off of cover to move around the corner you just slide around it.

Top Bottom