• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Tess3ract

Banned
Apparently the prothean guy is a enormous part of the game they simply cut out and are forcing you to preorder or pay ten bucks in order to obtain. Not on the level of Shale or Zaeed at ALL

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Is it triggered based on how many missions you do? Or does
the game inform you when she's ready?

So far the game has done a good job of giving me the feeling of a galaxy at war. I'm impressed in that area.

She shows back up during a cutscene.

I'll have to do this next time. I didn't want to risk anything going wrong with my main file so I chose to just deal with the level raise.

At least it was kind of fun choosing what abilities to give me and everyone else with the 30ish points I had to use.

If you start ME3 with your ME2 import and don't change your class, all of your points are distributed just as they were in ME2.

i-Lo

Apparently the prothean guy is a enormous part of the game they simply cut out and are forcing you to preorder or pay ten bucks in order to obtain. Not on the level of Shale or Zaeed at ALL

Are you serious?

That's massively disappointing.

Dresden

They did state they began work on it after the game went into certification or w/e.

I'm not a fan of day 1 dlc at all, but to say that it was simply cropped out sounds disingenuous.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
This game is so fucking awesome. I keep doing side quests instead of the main quests, but most of them feel important.

The mission with Grunt and the Rachni was so great. I was expecting to fight some dirty rachni, but I was surprised that it was the Reaper's doing instead. Also, the queen grew a lot in three years. I let the queen escape in the end, and watching Grunt kill a shit ton of Ravagers was a sight to see. I thought he was going to die because of the music and situation, but he showed up as I was leaving covered in blood. A little cliche, but it further cemented his badassness.

I really want to see that quest turns out if you didn't save the queen in ME1. I'm really enjoying how decisions from ME1 and ME2 are finally coming together. I'm only 16 hours intp the game, but I still have a lot to go.

Tess3ract

Banned
They did state they began work on it after the game went into certification or w/e.

I'm not a fan of day 1 dlc at all, but to say that it was simply cropped out sounds disingenuous.
I've been told it's such a big character that charging for it seems sleazy

i-Lo

I've been told it's such a big character that charging for it seems sleazy

True. If the character is indeed a big part of the story and has a bearing on the story that isn't negligible then they should have made it a conditional dlc redeemable on the purchase of the game when new (like they did with Zaeed).

Tess3ract

Banned
Is he a part of the game if you don't download the DLC? But the DLC just allows him to join your squad? Or does it remove him entirely
Imagine he's there like zaeed or kasumi just greyed out until you redeem a preorder code or pay ten bucks for the privilege of using him.

jackdoe

Just opened my CE. That lithograph is a piece of shit and I didn't realize the soundtrack was digital. At least the cost of DLC justified the $20 increase and the artbook isn't half bad.

i-Lo

According to the RPS review of the DLC it isn't so much important to the story of Mass Effect 3, from what he has played of it, but more the universe lore.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/06/what-i-think-mass-effect-3-from-ashes-dlc/

Good. Then they can go and screw themselves.

I've always played Infiltrator and it's been fun...but I will admit Vanguard seems a wee bit tempting.

Yeah a friend told me Sentinel was a blast in ME2, but I tried it in the ME3 demo and the shield explosion just seemed...bad.

Wow, that's a massive shame because I was thinking of changing from Infiltrator to Sentinel. I played as a Soldier in the first game and felt like a meat head.

Truth be told, I feel like Bioware has a positive bias toward Vanguard :p

There are walkthroughs of the DLC on youtube. Character seems interesting. Not sure if it's worth the 10$ though.
I agree that James Vega grows on it; but I have to say that considering they reduced the amount of characters in your squad in this game, having him as one of them is kind of a bummer./

kai3345

Banned
Wait so you really have to explore with your gun drawn the whole time?

No, you just can't switch from shooter view to walking around mode. Its not as big of a deal as it seems.

In other words, there are exploration and talking sections, and then there are shooting sections, it doesnt blend the two quite as much as it did in 2 and especially 1.

Fjordson

This game is so fucking awesome. I keep doing side quests instead of the main quests, but most of them feel important.

The mission with Grunt and the Rachni was so great. I was expecting to fight some dirty rachni, but I was surprised that it was the Reaper's doing instead. Also, the queen grew a lot in three years. I let the queen escape in the end, and watching Grunt kill a shit ton of Ravagers was a sight to see. I thought he was going to die because of the music and situation, but he showed up as I was leaving covered in blood. A little cliche, but it further cemented his badassness.

I really want to see that quest turns out if you didn't save the queen in ME1. I'm really enjoying how decisions from ME1 and ME2 are finally coming together. I'm only 16 hours intp the game, but I still have a lot to go.
So the side quests are pretty good then? Good to hear. I can't remember which, but one review I read said they were sort of dull.

i-Lo

No, you just can't switch from shooter view to walking around mode. Its not as big of a deal as it seems.

Isn't the same thing? Aren't you stuck in that fov with your one weapon or another drawn without the ability to holster it?

kai3345

Banned
Isn't the same thing? Aren't you stuck in that fov with your one weapon or another drawn without the ability to holster it?

Yeah but you arent walking around the citadel or the normandy with your gun drawn like an idiot, which I what I assumed he was referring to.

Petrie

Banned
I've tried to play through From Ashes and my file has frozen 4 times now right after the video of the proteans plays.
What the hell Bioware?

moop1167

Annoyed that I can't get 60 fps with 2x or 4x SGSSAA and quality AO on using dual GTX 580s. I can either have one or the other.

Top Bottom