• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Solo

I was worried when I learned that Jack Wall wasn't doing the soundtrack for ME3, but godDAMN is the music incredible.

If you look at the credits for the ME1 score, Sam Hulick (who is still around and accounted for on the ME3 score) did just as much of the memorable stuff as Wall did.

rozay

Banned
I don't know I've been consistently impressed and hooked from the minute I left the introduction (aka demo area). Combat is fast, tight and entertaining and the story has been solid and has so far done a great job conveying the desperation and hopelessness of the situation.

Shit I want to give the game a 10/10 just for the (somewhat early location spoiler)
skybox on that Palaven moon
. One of the more awesome things I've seen this generation.

Derrick01

cat_omg_gif.gif

Anyway, CE just arrived. First impression? Box is pretty, but as far as actual goods I don't feel it's worth $80. Ended up keeping it over the standard because it looks nicer on my shelf.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I don't know I've been consistently impressed and hooked from the minute I left the introduction (aka demo area). Combat is fast, tight and entertaining and the story has been solid and has so far done a great job conveying the desperation and hopelessness of the situation.
Shit I want to give the game a 10/10 just for the (somewhat early location spoiler)

I think that part looks gorgeous, but I feel the level itself wasn't anything to write home about. Lots of extremely limited and narrow corridors and chest high walls, respawning hordes of enemies and nothing to explore or discover, just run from A to B. I hope the rest of the missions aren't that uninspired.
Garrus' return was pretty cool, although the entire scene was ham-fisted.

The gunplay has been significantly improved though, so I no longer dread the combat as much. Every shot from my pistol and shotgun is so satisfying, and sounds great.

Also notable to say that I bought the game completely on a whim, so I wasn't hyping myself up for months and months at all.

Great. Got a bug myself. Every time (from Ashes spoiler)
I press the button that initiates the cut scene where you see the two Protheans talking and then one has a bunch of Collectors run at him. Well, it plays, then I have some dialogue with Liara and as soon as I'm back in control the game crashes. Sonovabitch.

bengraven

Fuck, I hope I didn't lock out my romance with Jack.

Really really early in and Liara basically asked if we want to continue and I'm like "hell, yeah, until Jack gets back I wouldn't mind some angry ex-girlfriend sex until I break up with you permanently when my psychotic shaved love of my life arrives".

Question:

Does Tali's face looked like a swimsuit model? Just answer Yes or No? I haven't played the game yet, its just unbearable to wait for another 2 days.

Dresden

Really really early in and Liara basically asked if we want to continue and I'm like "hell, yeah, until Jack gets back I wouldn't mind some angry ex-girlfriend sex until I break up with you permanently when my psychotic shaved love of my life arrives".

Sorry, Jack is disgusted by your infidelity. It's over.

Elginer

OK, the hype has got to me and I'm literally moments away from getting this from Amazon digital. Does this activate on Origin, and have there been any problems?

Installing now. What a LONG work day, holy crap.

So, not sure if it was posted yet, but are there spoilers in the soundtrack titles? I'm thinking I might just download it, and rename all the titles into just "Mass Effect 3"

Raxus

Ugh, amazon customer service takes forever. They keep offering my 10$ promotion code when I want the DLC code. This is so much trouble for a stupid gun.

Grisby

Uh, is there a point like that with Ash? I was just trying to be nice but didn't really want to continue with her (Tali all the way). Still early on mind you.

Demon Ice

Banned
Been dumping hours into this game and am considering getting the From Ashes DLC, can someone who has it tell me if it's worthwhile?

No spoilers please, just a simple "Yes, it's a fun mission / adds to the story in a meaningful way" or "No, it's pointless / Arrival 2.0 / etc"

CrazyDude

Been dumping hours into this game and am considering getting the From Ashes DLC, can someone who has it tell me if it's worthwhile?

No spoilers please, just a simple "Yes, it's a fun mission / adds to the story in a meaningful way" or "No, it's pointless / Arrival 2.0 / etc"

If you love the lore of Mass Effect, than yes.

bengraven

Did anyone else start at level 30? Seems kinda strange...

I'm not sure what level I started, but I'm completely decked out in upgrades. I wonder if it's because both my ME1 and 2 saves were high level or if it's because I chose RPG mode, aka "stop shooting at me you're ruining my story".

Edit: ah, saw the above post. Nice.

Derrick01

Banned
Did anyone else start at level 30? Seems kinda strange...

Yup it goes from your ME2 save.

What I noticed that was kind of troubling was the achievement tracker on the bottom. It said when I hit 35 that I was 35/50 on the progress bar. I know the cap is 60 but is it like ME1 where you can only hit 60 on the 2nd playthrough? Because going the entire game only getting 20 levels just isn't enough for me.

Lexxon

Gah...looks like the ME2 Save Editor from the OP's link on how to get your face code isn't working, MySQL connections per hour limit reached. Looks like we killed it, folks.

I'm doing the initial Lazarus stuffs now to prep a recreation of my Shep's face, but if it stays down I might just have to wing it and try to do it from scratch...

You dropped the ball, BioWare!

Zeliard

Haha I just had that moment and I had to let the ol' lady down easy.

Fjordson

Wow. I did not foresee this from you (and a few other posters).

Getting excited to play this now.

This same problem happened to me with ME2, but manually changing the save location fixed it.

Not so here.

Which tells me it is Origin's issue.

Yup it goes from your ME2 save.

What I noticed that was kind of troubling was the achievement tracker on the bottom. It said when I hit 35 that I was 35/50 on the progress bar. I know the cap is 60 but is it like ME1 where you can only hit 60 on the 2nd playthrough? Because going the entire game only getting 20 levels just isn't enough for me.

Supposedly, Devs have stated that reaching 60 in one playthrough is may be possible with a lvl 30 ME2 import.

Otherwise it's like ME1 where you need to go into new game + to hit 60.

Dresden

UPS usually hits up around noon, no idea why they're not here yet.

I wonder if they came by and didn't drop it off like they usually do. I was gone during that time. Fuck.

You get her back in a bit. Not going to really go too into it to avoid bigger spoilers

Is it triggered based on how many missions you do? Or does
the game inform you when she's ready?

So far the game has done a good job of giving me the feeling of a galaxy at war. I'm impressed in that area.

Derrick01

Banned
Supposedly, Devs have stated that reaching 60 in one playthrough is may be possible with a lvl 30 ME2 import.

Otherwise it's like ME1 where you need to go into new game + to hit 60.

This would be an acceptable compromise. I'd prefer if they at least gave me an option to start at level 1 even after importing though. I started the game off with at least 2 bars in just about every ability I had.

Zeliard

This would be an acceptable compromise. I'd prefer if they at least gave me an option to start at level 1 even after importing though. I started the game off with pretty much 2 bars in just about every ability I had.

You should have just used Gibbed to change your level to whatever. That's what I did and it works just fine.

That's the exact same scenario my Shepard went through. Smanged Liara in the first game, then I smanged Jack in the second. Once I get 3 I'll have to face the ultimate dilemma of choosing which one to dedicate myself to. Oooh, it'll be a toughie. At least I read your post beforehand so I won't be making the same mistake of accidentally hooking up with Liara.

Lunchbox

Banned
went to bestbuy to grab a n7 edition cause they always have extras of high profile games. Not a single 360 version left, not even regular ones. while theres like a stack of ps3 LEs sitting there. fuuuuuu

you fuckers need to buy games from both systems so people like me can grab extras. thinking about grabbing a ps3 n7 and selling it on ebay now

This would be an acceptable compromise. I'd prefer if they at least gave me an option to start at level 1 even after importing though. I started the game off with at least 2 bars in just about every ability I had.

Only ways to start lvl 1 is playing ME3 without an import or by playing on PC with an edited ME2 save file that has all decisions and and altered lvl.

Sajuuk

Great. Got a bug myself. Every time (from Ashes spoiler)
I press the button that initiates the cut scene where you see the two Protheans talking and then one has a bunch of Collectors run at him. Well, it plays, then I have some dialogue with Liara and as soon as I'm back in control the game crashes. Sonovabitch.

go to the other marked spot and then return problem solved.

kai3345

Banned
I can't decide whether or not I like the lessend amount of dialog options. On one hand cutscenes flow much more smoothly, but on the other, obviously, there are far fewer options

Anyone else super disappointed with the whole
EDI turned into a fembot? Why the fuck would they leave that 'suspicious corpse' in the engine room anyways? And the whole Joker perverted thing... really? It felt out of place for a BW game =/

That's the exact same scenario my Shepard went through. Smanged Liara in the first game, then I smanged Jack in the second. Once I get 3 I'll have to face the ultimate dilemma of choosing which one to dedicate myself to. Oooh, it'll be a toughie. At least I read your post beforehand so I won't be making the same mistake of accidentally hooking up with Liara.

You're Shepard, the space savior. Those ME1 romances want to lock you down as soon as they can.

Derrick01

Banned
You should have just used Gibbed to change your level to whatever. That's what I did and it works just fine.

I'll have to do this next time. I didn't want to risk anything going wrong with my main file so I chose to just deal with the level raise.

At least it was kind of fun choosing what abilities to give me and everyone else with the 30ish points I had to use.

Top Bottom