• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Just read the stories on Rock Paper Shotgun, IGN, and Kotaku on Bioware's money grab tactics for this game, including forcing people to experience a shitty single player ending unless they grind multiplayer or spend money.

WTF Bioware?

It's funny because it's not true.

derFeef

Just read the stories on Rock Paper Shotgun, IGN, and Kotaku on Bioware's money grab tactics for this game, including forcing people to experience a shitty single player ending unless they grind multiplayer or spend money.

WTF Bioware?

RPS mentioned that you can achieve the same thing with just scanning/exploring the galaxy map. So who to believe.

KuGsj.gif
Awesome.

I'm best bet is to get a supervisor. Right now we're trying to disable Cloud Synch and see if that is the reason my fucking save files keep self-deleting.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Standard Shep is best Shep. You know this to be true.
I'm 4 hours in right now, and it's pretty good, but some of the 10/10 reviews are way overblown. It's just another one of these games. Which is great.

Who knows, maybe the rest of the game will get crazy and blow me away. I'm excited to keep playing, that's for sure.

Dresden

DYbFk.png

to

Plr7K.png

WHY

And this stupid Save editor website is broken again. Ugh. Guess i'll just make the face myself instead of relying on some crap like that.

Did you read the directions? Stuff like hair, hair color, brows, etc. won't get transferred over via that method. But those are all details you can easily switch on your own.

Zeliard

So... From Ashes DLC, worth it? Coughing up 10 bucks is so lame when I already paid for the damn game, but I want that squad member, heh. Unless he sucks, which seems impossible.

Megasoum

Banned
I love the new loadout system but I wish there was a firering range on the Normandy. It's so usefull on the Citadel to be able to test out your different weapons.

Vire

So... From Ashes DLC, worth it? Coughing up 10 bucks is so lame when I already paid for the damn game, but I want that squad member, heh. Unless he sucks, which seems impossible.

It's pretty short but contains a lot of good story bits and clarifications. Your call though. Maybe wait for it to go on sale?

Previous

check out my new Swatch
So uh.. how exactly do I change the graphic settings? all the character models look low res for me. (PC version duh, all I see in the option menu are the screen resolution/AA/lighting.

Zeliard

It's pretty short but contains a lot of good story bits and clarifications. Your call though. Maybe wait for it to go on sale?

Eh I think I'll just go for it. Game's enjoyable enough so far and I do want to use that squad member for pretty much the entirety of it, so I might as well. I doubt it'll go on sale any time soon, anyway.

TheMan

damn, ups tried to deliver during the 15 minutes my wife was waiting at the bustop for our daughter. ups packages have NEVER arrived at our house before 4pm, and the one time they do, they come during the only 15 minute slot that my wife wasn't home.

tass0

Banned
Holy shit, why are the user reviews on Metacritic so low for this game? I'm seeing it get a shitload of zeros.

Is there some sort of backlash against something in the game that I don't know about?

I'm 4 hours into the game, and it's fucking amazing.

Feels like a mixture of Mass Effect 1, and Mass Effect 2, which is perfect.

Dmax3901

Australia here, I can't tell you how painful this wait is.

Comes out tomorrow, 24 hours away. 24! Unless they break the street date...

Derrick01

Banned
RPS mentioned that you can achieve the same thing with just scanning/exploring the galaxy map. So who to believe.

If RPS said it then I would take it as gospel. RPS is the best games media place in the industry.

Besides I thought we cleared this issue a long time ago, like when MP was revealed. They made it clear you can get the best ending by never touching MP but MP is there to help people who may not otherwise try to get 100% in SP.

I'm 4 hours in right now, and it's pretty good, but some of the 10/10 reviews are way overblown. It's just another one of these games. Which is great.

Who knows, maybe the rest of the game will get crazy and blow me away. I'm excited to keep playing, that's for sure.

I don't know I've been consistently impressed and hooked from the minute I left the introduction (aka demo area). Combat is fast, tight and entertaining and the story has been solid and has so far done a great job conveying the desperation and hopelessness of the situation.

Shit I want to give the game a 10/10 just for the (somewhat early location spoiler)
skybox on that Palaven moon
. One of the more awesome things I've seen this generation.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy shit, why are the user reviews on Metacritic so low for this game? I'm seeing it get a shitload of zeros.

Is there some sort of backlash against something in the game that I don't know about?

Day 1 DLC that holds back a chunk of massively important story.

No thanks. I have no desire to play as a white male model.

Indian Shepherd is the best, because I identify with him. I'm not going to play as some white dude I have no connection with.

TheMan

perhaps some other website has staged a campaign to defame the game? a ~6point gap between user and critic reviews just smells fishy

derFeef

If RPS said it then I would take it as gospel. RPS is the best games media place in the industry.

Besides I thought we cleared this issue a long time ago, like when MP was revealed. They made it clear you can get the best ending by never touching MP but MP is there to help people who may not otherwise try to get 100% in SP.

Yep, is meant to be sarcastic, guess it did not came through ;)
I'll do a little bit of both probably.

Day 1 DLC that holds back a chunk of massively important story.

That's not the reason (for the most part)... people just love to hate on the game.

TheMan

Its about the last surviving Prothean. Seems pretty damn important to me

well I really had idea what the DLC was about in first place in an effort to minimize spoilers. really disappointing that they wouldn't include that in the actual game.

Dresden

Oh man. Accidentally clicked the spoiler thread. Read like one half of the first line of the latest page before I realized what I'd done.

Oh man.

I think I can purge this from my memory.

Raxus said:
Where do I go? I have never had this problem before.
Just get on livechat with a customer service rep.

Derrick01

Banned
i didn't know the dlc was actually important to the story, i figured it was just some dumb side mission. that sounds like bullshit to me

It's important to the overall ME lore and universe. Whether or not it's really important to the actual ME3 storyline I don't know yet, I'm not far enough to make that judgement. But if you're in this series for the story and universe it's pretty big.

The actual mission is just a typical mission, it's fun to play though. The importance is all in the lore.

Jin

well I really had idea what the DLC was about in first place in an effort to minimize spoilers. really disappointing that they wouldn't include that in the actual game.

Having just complete the DLC I have to say it should've been in the game in the first place. I find the lore pretty important for anyone who's even slightly interested in the story.

From Ashes isn't in the CE box? I haven't gotten an email yet...hmmm..

It came with my Digital version from Amazon.

kitzkozan

With regards to the metacritic user score, It couldn't be 4chan trolling Bioware again? Right? :p

This kinda suck, couldn't get my hands on a CE. Will keep checking to see if there's somewhere I could find a copy otherwise it's the standard edition. XD

Alucrid

Banned
Why the fuck did the package from Amazon require a signature? Never ever happened before, they always just slide the goddamn game through the mail slot.

Top Bottom