• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

With all the import troubles right now (which is a QA shame honestly), I hope that the "a sign in change has occured" message I get everytime I launch ME2 doesn't come to bite me in the ass.

DTKT

Anyone? I seriously can't move on until I know the first part at least. Sucks I am locked into one of the choices in Assault Mastery from ME2.

Could it be the actual physical recoil when you hit someone? Maybe some bad guys won't be staggered after a charge.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Anyone? I seriously can't move on until I know the first part at least. Sucks I am locked into one of the choices in Assault Mastery from ME2.

You can respec once you can walk around the Normandy. The first respec for each character is free, and then it increases by 5000 credits each time.

Has anyone else noticed a bug with the Citadel: Hanar Diplomat quest? I used the first terminal, but I haven't been able to find any other interactive terminals on the Citadel. Maybe I should wait for a patch before I continue playing...

DTKT

With all the import troubles right now (which is a QA shame honestly), I hope that the "a sign in change has occured" message I get everytime I launch ME2 doesn't come to bite me in the ass.

You bet that bug was found before the release. It was just deemed a "shippable" one.

Glad i always play as default character/face.

Enjoying it the additional lore from the dlc is cool kinda sad to see liara's view on protheans being different then she expected.

Dat edi and joker love thing :D atleast so far in the game.

ape2man

Glad i always play as default character/face.

Enjoying it the additional lore from the dlc is cool kinda sad to see liara's view on protheans being different then she expected.

SPOILERRRSSSSSSSSSSSS, wtf this is a f*cking spoiler. Every where in europe the release is 9 March...

thank you verrrryyyy muuuutchhhhh

Just picked up the game

I never got an option to pick rpg, action , etc... ?!!! What the fuck...

Also there is no inventory apparently....

jimmy5150

Just picked up the game

I never got an option to pick rpg, action , etc... ?!!! What the fuck...

Also there is no inventory apparently....

I was wondering this too. Maybe it defaults to RPG mode if you import an ME2 character?
It definitely wasn't skipping combat or conversations for me.

Just playing through the demo portion now.

Talking animations are actually worse? What the hell. The mouths look super awkward, at least for default Femshep.

And it felt like there were two or three moments where I should have had the option to say something, but didn't. This might be me being fatalistic though, and looking for the flaws.

moop1167

Welp here we go... now I have no clue how to spec my squadmates. I sit at the damn upgrade screen and have no clue what to pick. I wish there was a character builder or something. I don't know how many points I'll end up with so I don't want to start adding points to each thing, only to not have enough at the end.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Had a few intense battles. Im suddenly reminded why i like to stock the normandy with chicks but prefer my active party to be almost exclusively a sausage party.

Doodis

360 owners: what's the procedure for installing the discs? Install both beforehand? Or will it ask me to install like Forza?

You bet that bug was found before the release. It was just deemed a "shippable" one.
TBH, if they decided to ship the game with that bug but started working on a patch right after the game went gold, I could understand deciding the issue is not critical enough to delay such a huge launch.
I only hope they didn't wait to see how it would play out on release, if it would cause a big stink, to establish a rationale before patching.

zychi

Banned
360 owners: what's the procedure for installing the discs? Install both beforehand? Or will it ask me to install like Forza?

I usually do both. But I can't get disc 1 to install from the collector's edition and its pissing me off. Is anyone else having this problem?

so how is performance on the ps3 version?

Demo was pretty choppy but lord knows how old that build was.

Also the compression on the cut scenes any better this time around?

Wanted to chime in and say how sad I am that I can't use my canon Shepard's face in ME3.
So, so sad.

I think you can reimport or restart a new game plus in ME2, tweak his face a bit and then get a face code. Probably your best bet to get close, but with new features all the faces look different.

Still a fucked up problem, though.

Is it possible to import a character (all decisions, appearance, etc.) but start at level 1 on the 360 version? If that's not an option, is there some work around to achieve this? Level progression is why I love these games!

KorrZ

Just put in 3 hours and probably gonna put in 3 more soon.... love it so far. Starting at level 30 I feel pretty stupid powerful with maxed tech armor, throw & overload. The combat feels great though and theres been plenty of dialogue. My only complaint so far is I wish there were less dialogue options with only 2 responses, come on BW give me at least 3.

Pollux

They weren't fucking kidding about the multiplayer helping with Galactic Readiness. I put almost 9 hours into the single player and every region stayed at 50%. Played the multiplayer for 25 minutes and all regions jumped to 55%. Crazy. Good thing the multiplayer is fun. Although individual matches last almost half an hour which is a little too long.

Yeoman Chambers spoilerz

Is it possible to save her? Folks in the refugee camp say she got shot in the face during the Cerberus raid :(

So does everyone think is the most fun class this time?

I want to try a new one for a change, but Vanguard was so much fun in 2. Part of me doesn't want to lose that awesome "tackle the enemy at the speed of a bullet" ability, but another part wants to try Adept or something.

Playing the PS3 version now and it's got the same choppy framerate in the cutscenes as the demo build, but the gameplay is fine overall. It's just the cutscenes and sound clipping that bothers me.

Hah.

Just got to Citadel and met the reporter who wants to imbed on the Normandy

I was like, "yes you can, and bring yer tits."

Zeliard

Is it possible to import a character (all decisions, appearance, etc.) but start at level 1 on the 360 version? If that's not an option, is there some work around to achieve this? Level progression is why I love these games!

Use Gibbed's save editor to change your guy's level to 1. Worked for me on PC, should work on 360.

moop1167

Is there a way to change your squadmate's default powers they use when you hit Q or E? I can't drag and drop their abilities.

GSR

They weren't fucking kidding about the multiplayer helping with Galactic Readiness. I put almost 9 hours into the single player and every region stayed at 50%. Played the multiplayer for 25 minutes and all regions jumped to 55%. Crazy. Good thing the multiplayer is fun. Although individual matches last almost half an hour which is a little too long.

The readiness percentage is directly tied to MP, there's no way to raise it in SP, only gain more assets (which will act at readiness% of their total value).

TheExodu5

Banned
Just turn it off, it sucks. I always turned it off in ME2 as well.

It's not in the options, though. Guess I have to ini hunt for this one. =\

edit: wait...there's a configuration utility. What the fuck, Bioware? Why is this not accessible from Origin?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there a way to change your squadmate's default powers they use when you hit Q or E? I can't drag and drop their abilities.

Don't Q and E just move them? You select powers with Shift.

I think you can reimport or restart a new game plus in ME2, tweak his face a bit and then get a face code. Probably your best bet to get close, but with new features all the faces look different.

Still a fucked up problem, though.

Yeah, tried going back to 2 and getting a face code but it's still off for some reason.
I'm thinking maybe they got rid of some of the facial features?

Oh well. Just finished making my dude and i'm about to start now.
Hype train still rollinnnn

Pollux

The readiness percentage is directly tied to MP, there's no way to raise it in SP, only gain more assets (which will act at readiness% of their total value).

Well then, I stand corrected. So is the easiest way to kick reaper ass to get as many war assets as possible in SP and then raise the readiness % to 100% in MP?

Top Bottom