• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

i-Lo

Yeah but you arent walking around the citadel or the normandy with your gun drawn like an idiot, which I what I assumed he was referring to.

Of course those places are understandable. But I remember in ME2 there were areas between fights where I could explore the beauty of the land with wider FOV and switch back at the check point were battle began anew. This time around I assume the level design or enemy placement have changed somewhat to accommodate for this awkwardness.

I've tried to play through From Ashes and my file has frozen 4 times now right after the video of the proteans plays.
What the hell Bioware?

I have the same problem. Someone down thread recommended going to the "second marked spot" then returning and it should fix it. I'm away from my PC so I can't test it.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
So the side quests are pretty good then? Good to hear. I can't remember which, but one review I read said they were sort of dull.

I'd say there are about three tiers of quests, although the game does little to distinguish them.

- Main quests progress the story. They'll usually have a "Priority" in their name.
- Secondary quests are like the one I described. They're not required, but they are pretty lengthy and usually contain some call back to ME1 and/or ME2. I'd also put the N7 missions here, but they just use the multiplayer maps and aren't quite as fun.
- Tertiary quests involve finding some random thing either by scanning or picking up in another mission and then delivering it to the appropriate person. Simply put they're fetch quests. These are likely the quests people would complain about.

Mind you I'm still in the middle of the game, but these seems to be the patterns.

Any more PS3 impressions would be greatly appreciated, guys. :)

I won't be getting it until tomorrow (Australia).

I played for an hour or so. I didnt notice any frame rate or graphic problems. But at one point, it just froze and i had to reset my PS3 (because of auto save i did'nt lose any progress). Game is lovely so far.

i-Lo

I'd say there are about three tiers of quests, although the game does little to distinguish them.

- Main quests progress the story. They'll usually have a "Priority" in their name.
- Secondary quests are like the one I described. They're not required, but they are pretty lengthy and usually contain some call back to ME1 and/or ME2. I'd also put the N7 missions here, but they just use the multiplayer maps and aren't quite as fun.
- Tertiary quests involve finding some random thing either by scanning or picking up in another mission and then delivering it to the appropriate person. Simply put they're fetch quests. These are likely the quests people would complain about.

Mind you I'm still in the middle of the game, but these seems to be the patterns.

Out of the three which tier enforces time limit the most?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Out of the three which tier enforces the time limit the most?

I haven't encountered time limits yet. They must either start after a specific point in the story, or I just haven't gotten any quests that have them. I'm trying to spread out the main quest so I don't end up with too many side quests right before the point of no return.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
No, you just can't switch from shooter view to walking around mode. Its not as big of a deal as it seems.

In other words, there are exploration and talking sections, and then there are shooting sections, it doesnt blend the two quite as much as it did in 2 and especially 1.

Ok. I spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to holster my weapon.

moop1167

My imported Vanguard shep already has a ton of points spent. For assault mastery, I have Influence & Force picked over Damage. It says increase force bonus 30%, but what on earth does that even mean? Almost feels like the damage one is better but I can't change that since it's already set.

Speaking of which, is there respeccing in ME3?

Oh, also, how do I make it so that if I push Q or E, it just makes my squadmates attack an enemy rather than using a power?

Grisby

Is it still the Bioware deal where you do a side quest and then your crew has new things to say or is it after a main mission or what?

Just asking becuase I'm not that far in and I have a bad habit of OCD'ing my crew members.

Is it still the Bioware deal where you do a side quest and then your crew has new things to say or is it after a main mission or what?

Just asking becuase I'm not that far in and I have a bad habit of OCD'ing my crew members.

they have little things to say after side stuff but most of the new in-depth convos happen after story stuff

Heysoos

I don't think I want to play anymore..... I went to get my old Elite from my brother's room to get my ME1+ME2 saves... E68 error... Extract the HDD, connect it to the PC.. Nothing... PC won't even show that it's connected. FUCK MY LIFE. I think I'm just going to return the game. Fucccccccck meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Having mouse wheel back in menus feels weird after playing ME2 so much.

Still pissed off that my ME1 Shepard looks nothing like what she did, despite trying to fix her by myself. They changed the ponytail hairstyle too much!

Ceebs

I just want to say that the retrieve the primarch mission is one of the biggest smoke and mirror shows in a game that I can recall.

The entire gameplay portion of the mission is a super generic rock terrain complete with some boring shooting and a turret sequence. Yet they throw in a cool looking skybox and lots of scripted background stuff to try and distract you from what is pretty much "shit mountain" all over again. Feels like a giant con.

I just want to say that the retrieve the primarch mission is one of the biggest smoke and mirror shows in a game that I can recall.

The entire gameplay portion of the mission is a super generic rock terrain complete with some boring shooting and a turret sequence. Yet they throw in a cool looking skybox and lots of scripted background stuff to try and distract you from what is pretty much "shit mountain" all over again. Feels like a giant con.

You are describing 90% of the missions in this game.

Derrick01

Banned
So...what's the most fun class to play?

I've been playing infiltrator like I did in ME2 and it's crazy fun, more so now with the upgraded combat system.

I think I'll be bumping the difficulty up from normal though. I think starting at level 30 really made me overpowered since not a ton of enemies have armor and shields right away so they all die in 1 hit.

But sniping someone's head off, or sniping some guy with a shield through the tiny eye slot on the shield never gets old.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

They'll have a little side comment after each side quest, but it doesn't enter conversation mode. I haven't done many main quests, but I do think they speak more after those.

However, there seems to be random moments when they do want to talk more. For example, I was able to talk to Liara after a side mission. When I finished talking, I unlocked the ability to choose Warp Ammo as my bonus power. I don't know what triggers those, so I still make the rounds after every mission.

Dresden

For people with the Chakram Launcher--think it's worth it at all? Not sure if I want to play an hour of that Amalur demo just for the gun.

Grisby

She got a N7 logo burnt on her ass. Fucking hot.
What?
They'll have a little side comment after each side quest, but it doesn't enter conversation mode. I haven't done many main quests, but I do think they speak more after those.

However, there seems to be random moments when they do want to talk more. For example, I was able to talk to Liara after a side mission. When I finished talking, I unlocked the ability to choose Warp Ammo as my bonus power. I don't know what triggers those, so I still make the rounds after every mission.
Thanks.

Derrick01

Banned

That's pretty much what Mass Effect combat is though, in all of the games. I'm not sure what you expect from those scenarios. In fact I would say adding
the turret part
of that mission spiced things up a tiny bit because none of the other games had something like that. The combat areas in each game were never big exploration parts. Even in ME1 you would be exploring a planet and then most of the enemies you faced were inside the copycat corridor buildings.

Just going to throw this in here one more time before I stop pestering everybody about it.

Trying to trade 360 version of the Defender Armor and Valkyrie Rifle for a PC version of the same. PM if interested.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My Shepard was a dullard. I forgot to smang anything in ME2 (though, I went with female Shepard). ME1 defaulted with no smanging either?

Loving the combat. It was fun in ME1, great in ME2, and perfected now in ME3. Barring the game falling completely off the rails in my remaining time with it, this is definitely going down as my favorite series of games that I've ever played. Gonna really miss these characters once it's over.

Spookie

Do you only get to see Tali's face if you're romancing her?

HURRAR! I knew romancing her would pay off.

Also FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just had one of sheps friends bite it in a mission. That's genuinely depressing and moving. :(

moop1167

My imported Vanguard shep already has a ton of points spent. For assault mastery, I have Influence & Force picked over Damage. It says increase force bonus 30%, but what on earth does that even mean? Almost feels like the damage one is better but I can't change that since it's already set.

Speaking of which, is there respeccing in ME3?

Oh, also, how do I make it so that if I push Q or E, it just makes my squadmates attack an enemy rather than using a power?

Anyone? I seriously can't move on until I know the first part at least. Sucks I am locked into one of the choices in Assault Mastery from ME2.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
At least the imported face worked. Spent time in me2 to make a decent looking, but realistice female character.

dankir

Got the collectors edition and my online pass isnt working, downloaded the DLC alrready though. Even worse it won't import my Shepard's appearence whom i've played as starting back in ME1. I'm very sad right now :(

Cheech

Despite my ME2 saves being intact, ME3 doesn't see shit. Ugh. I went 360 just to import the saves. I feel sick.

It's on my hard drive as well, not cloud.

jackdoe

Just started, and I have to say the hell is going on? I didn't want to believe that the demo was the actual start of the game, but it is. Terrible introduction to a new squad mate.

Morts

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I bought the PS3 CE and I can't for the life of me figure out where to download the soundtrack on the Bioware Social site. Little help?

Demon Ice

Banned
According to the RPS review of the DLC it isn't so much important to the story of Mass Effect 3, from what he has played of it, but more the universe lore.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/06/what-i-think-mass-effect-3-from-ashes-dlc/

Thanks for that link. I'll be skipping the DLC. I'll fill myself in with Youtube / Wikis after I play through the game. BW really should have included that with all newly purchased games, not the $20 extra CE. Dirty move which I will not be rewarding.

I don't know. My PC CE had instructions to download the soundtrack from Bioware Social Network, but it is impossible to do that.

It automatically downloaded through origin. I can't say for PS3 though.

edit: N/m. I can access by clicking on more info, which gives a download link.

Top Bottom