• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

.GqueB.

Banned
I was wondering this too. Maybe it defaults to RPG mode if you import an ME2 character?
It definitely wasn't skipping combat or conversations for me.

Yup. I also had issues importing my characters face. But it wasn't too far off. Made her hair long and blonde and made her skin white. This game is racist it seems because my character was a black woman with short hair.

kirblar

Have a question regarding a potential romance option, and would like to know if it's actually available or just people hacking stuff. (Can't find an answer either way.)

Gay Kaiden? Real or no.

TheExodu5

Banned
A note to PC developers: take a note from how Bioware does vsync. I have no clue how they do it, but it's awesome. No input lag at all.

RedSwirl

A note to PC developers: take a note from how Bioware does vsync. I have no clue how they do it, but it's awesome. No input lag at all.

Yeah that was taking me for a trip. Did not compute at all.

Also, is Traynor like Kelly, or a more serious thing?

JoeFu

Banned
The thing I have been waiting to do forever finally happened!

Main story spoiler!

I was so happy the game let me shoot Udina. I was soooooo happy, hated that fool

GorillaJu

I'd love to learn about the PS3 frame rate as well.

Here are my impressions of the game. I have the PS3 digital version.

I don't have a 360 to compare it to, but I'll just say that while during cutscenes, the frame rate hitches considerably, during gameplay it's solid and smooth.

Overall, it's maybe slightly worse than ME2 during ME3's worst moments, but the graphical changes are significant enough that overall its a large improvement over ME2. Some moments surprise me with how good it looks and how smooth it runs. Most frame rate dips are strangely during dialog scenes, so it's more "meh" than "argh."

I have to say, I think the new FemShep is a bit cartoony looking. Her eyes seem to open awkwardly and her lips are often strangely pursed. When she's squinting or looking vicious like her illustrations, she's hot. My ME1 and 2 Sheps were redheads, but somehow the new one looks like a different person (could be from overall art direction). Of course Jennifer Hale is boss. Fantastic performance once again.

I LOVE the combat. I imported a level 30 and levelled up the generic (weight limit, charisma, etc) skill first so that as I level up my other skills theres a noticeable growth in abilities. Infiltrator is a blast. I've got a shotgun that I'm using, and I'm maxing sticky bombs for increased capacity and AE range and stealth for duration and utility so that now I can use abilities without coming out. I sneak in behind enemy lines, stick a group with a grenade, find cover close behind them then pop out with an instant kill shotgun blast, then immediately go back into stealth (not carrying a sniper rifle keeps my cool downs really short).

Without going into any spoilers, ME3 sees progress on every front. I really like the reputation bar instead of Para/Rene - I'm able to be kind to Liara (my LI from way back), and a bitch to the council. James Vega struck me as whiny at the beginning, so I'm showing him some tough love, but when the time comes
I'll open up and show my kind side. All of this I can do without crippling my decision-making abilities later on when the really tough ones come into play.

Anyway, love it. Music is fantastic, too.

marty_k

Neo Member
Here are my impressions of the game. I have the PS3 digital version.

I don't have a 360 to compare it to, but I'll just say that while during cutscenes, the frame rate hitches considerably, during gameplay it's solid and smooth.

Overall, it's maybe slightly worse than ME2 during ME3's worst moments, but the graphical changes are significant enough that overall its a large improvement over ME2. Some moments surprise me with how good it looks and how smooth it runs. Most frame rate dips are strangely during dialog scenes, so it's more "meh" than "argh."

Thanks for this.

Xamdou

Been playing for a couple of hours now and the graphics are great! No screen tears and no slowdowns whatsoever! Game is smooth like butter! Load times are fast as well since I installed it to the hard-drive. Lens flares left and right but not as overblown as the Star Trek reboot movie. 360 version btw!

My only gripe is that it wouldn't load my character's appearance, but I was able to create a similar one with better facial features!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's not in the options, though. Guess I have to ini hunt for this one. =\

edit: wait...there's a configuration utility. What the fuck, Bioware? Why is this not accessible from Origin?

What's in the config utility, graphics-wise?

Clott

When I started the game I didn't get to choose my difficulty. But mid game I can, I want to play it on hard and not on normal, but get the achievement as well. What am I to do?

Zeliard

What's in the config utility, graphics-wise?

Pretty much the same stuff that ME2 had, outside of Film Grain. That is to say, not really much at all.

For more in-depth tweaking you gotta go to the configs, same as ME2 - GamerSettings.ini and/or Coalesced.bin.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pretty much the same stuff that ME2 had, outside of Film Grain. That is to say, not really much at all.

For more in-depth tweaking you gotta go to the configs, same as ME2 - GamerSettings.ini and/or Coalesced.bin.

*sigh*

Well, the good news is that the defaults are fine by me. I'm having a blast.

TheExodu5

Banned
Love the addition of Sabotage to Infiltrator. This is the skill that the Infiltrator really needed.

*sigh*

Well, the good news is that the defaults are fine by me. I'm having a blast.

Just make sure you go up the anisotropic filtering to 16x. Turn off motion blur if you want.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Damn son. Super, super big spoiler. Has to do with a character on your crew.

Tali just committed suicide right in front of me. Holy shit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Playing on the PS3. Framerate is choppy at times and pop-ins are annoying. Game plays great and it's really engaging. Enjoyed my 4 hours thus far. Gonna put more time into it later.

Zeliard

Any help on choosing difficulty from the start?

The beginning is sort of a grind on Insanity. Up to you really. In retrospect I would have rather done the intro stuff on Hardcore then increased it to Insanity afterwards. The intro isn't very good to begin with and dragging it on probably wasn't a good idea. :p

Normal has been on the easy side for both of the first two games. If you like a challenge I would go hard, if you just like to play the game, go with normal. If you really like a challenge, try for Insanity. It is definitely beatable, but you have to have patience, not mind reloading, and pretty much never leave cover without a plan.

Achtius

As much as I love this game, the lens flare in the game is ridiculous.

Talking to
Laira and James
is torture, you are positioned to be looking directly at the frigging light.

Clott

Just start on Insanity. Makes things more interesting and fun. Just be patient and use your powers and squadmates effectively.

Right, But I couldn't choose the difficulty before I started my game. What I am wondering is I have already killed a few enemies while it was set to normal, will I still get the higher difficulty achievement?

Zeliard

Right, But I couldn't choose the difficulty before I started my game. What I am wondering is I have already killed a few enemies while it was set to normal, will I still get the higher difficulty achievement?

Probably not. In ME2 it flagged if you changed difficulties, which you could then tweak using Gibbed's editor.

Adr1an

Just placed my order for the collectors edition today at amazon.ca and it has already shipped and has a delivery estimate for tomorrow. Cant wait to get back into this series

So I don't want to read this thread because I'm scared to death I'll spoil something. Can somebody tell me how much multiplayer i'll have to do in order to get the best ending? I read something today that said you'll get a shitty ending if you don't do multiplayer. That's REALLY irritating.

X-Frame

Anyone on the 360 have an issue where it takes literally 10 minutes for armor/casual clothes to load?

I am installing both discs now to see if there's a difference.

Armor is automatic, I believe. And the Chakram launcher requires you complete the demo, which means get through the intro and then let the game clock run for 45 minutes. I can't do that because the game will not run on my computer. Not sure why. Maybe I'll try it through Origin rather than Steam.

You actually could have switched to a higher difficulty from the main menu options before you started the game. And you won't get the Achievement if you change the difficulty after leaving Earth.

Woah, game is much more improved from the demo. At least on PS3. Im so relieved. This is the first ME game Im playing on PS3, the first two being on 360.

I have too questions though:

1) Isnt there a move while crouching button?

2) How do you get Sheppard out of combat stance? Id like to be able to rotate the camera around my Shep.

Thanks.

Moaradin

Holy shit, there are so many satisfying cameos in this game. ME fans that know ME1 and ME2 inside and out will love the shit out of it.

Top Bottom