• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got 5 hours into it...and got jack shit accomplished! Wasted a ton of time at the Citadel and the Normandy. I did do a side mission and went to disc 2, so I can see that implementation is pretty weird, but I don't mind swapping discs like other people seem to.

Oh, with Kinect you can say "Quick Save" and it does exactly that. Awesome.

so apparently walmart.com didnt get their full allotment of the CE and per another GAF-er wont be fulfilling their preorders

words.cannot.explain.the.fury

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dennis and Derrick enjoying the game?

Is this real life? What does this mean?

Just started the game. Looks like Anderson and I are having a 'shit our pants' race to the toilet. People weren't kidding about the stupid run animations.

smh

Is it me or do the renegade dialogue choice actually feel well less Bioware/KOTOR douchebag (excluding the funny Dirty Harry types) type and well more realistic. You ask people to do hard things instead of the easy choice, but that's the difference, not being a price. I like it, I find myself picked renegade a lot more since
I feel it helps contributes more resources to the war effort

dralla

what the fuck, all the npc's are silent in my game. walking around the citadel and the ship in complete silence even though I can see people in conversations :\

Just started the game. Looks like Anderson and I are having a 'shit our pants' race to the toilet. People weren't kidding about the stupid run animations.

smh

Animators seem to forget that when you run your feet go in front of each other to some degree, mass effect 3 is one of many games with annoying run animations, I do 3D animations myself >_<

Woah, game is much more improved from the demo. At least on PS3. Im so relieved. This is the first ME game Im playing on PS3, the first two being on 360.

I have too questions though:

1) Isnt there a move while crouching button?

2) How do you get Sheppard out of combat stance? Id like to be able to rotate the camera around my Shep.

Thanks.

1. Doesn't appear to be, but I notice your squadmates can crouch.

2. Don't think you can.

smh

LOL yeah.

Btw, GAF add me on PSN. Playing on Insanity as a Sentinel - if you need help or want to co-op some time just hit me up. PSN: A_MagicToaster

I'm on right now.

Holy SHIT, been playing for about 6-7 hours straight now. This game, THIS GAME. The overall presentation is damn beautiful. Feels like an absolute perfect mix between ME1 and ME2.

The combat is vastly better than ME2. The writing, the dialogue, goddamn.

I also have no idea where people were saying "autodialogue everywhere". There are a few instances during the first hour or so, but after you get the Normandy, I've been getting 6 option dialogue trees regularly.

Been doing a ton of sidequests, wasting the hours away. Everybody's got a lot to say.

Fathead

so apparently walmart.com didnt get their full allotment of the CE and per another GAF-er wont be fulfilling their preorders

words.cannot.explain.the.fury

They told me on the phone that they found out at 11:56 Pacific time today that they would not be getting copies for fulfillment. I kindly explained that an email yesterday when they knew they couldn't hit the promised delivery would have been the right thing to do.

CrazyDude

Holy SHIT, been playing for about 6-7 hours straight now. This game, THIS GAME. The overall presentation is damn beautiful. Feels like an absolute perfect mix between ME1 and ME2.

The combat is vastly better than ME2. The writing, the dialogue, goddamn.

I also have no idea where people were saying "autodialogue everywhere". There are a few instances during the first hour or so, but after you get the Normandy, I've been getting 6 option dialogue trees regularly.

I have to control my self and wait till friday to play it. The games box is calling me to play it. I believe it has indoctrination effects.

I'm planning on picking up this game tomorrow and I was wondering if I should start the game on Insanity. How difficult is Insanity in this game?

McNum

Well, thanks for the heads up about the face imports. I got a pair of fresh Mass Effect 3 facecodes ready to go for my two ME1 Shepards now.

I did it the brute force way, though. Re-imported the Shepards into ME2, then used that to make a custom face that looked like the import, with a few fixes as I have had bad luck with getting my Shepards hit with the ugly stick when importing to ME2. The I copied the facecode into the ME3 demo and sure enough, revenge of the ugly stick and/or mismatched features. But a shave, haircut, and cheekbone surgery later and my MaleShep was looking good again, and my FemShep grew out some hair, and had her cheeks filled in a bit and she was back to her ME1 self, only with better graphics.

So, you know? This turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me. Even if the faces DO import, I'll probably use the codes I made instead.

I'd actually recommend doing this if you have your ME1 saves and ME2 handy. You'll have to play through the opening of ME2 to get to the face creator, but it's a good thing that ME2 has a great opening, then.

Now I just await the release of ME3 here. I am still pretty spoiler free, I even turned off the demo as soon as the opening cutscenes were over. I do not want to know more.

Ponn

Banned
Arrrghhh! I keep missing my damn paragon/renegade triggers because they moved them from L2/R2 to L1/R1. Why did you do that Bioware! Plus it still doesn't show my CE registered at Bioware social site so I still can't download the soundtrack, feel like Deus Ex augmented soundtrack fiasco all over again. Guess I will just have to get it another way.

Except those annoyances loving it so far. Do love the mods and more rpg elements customization. The cover system seems a bit flaky. I just beat insanity in ME2 then did quick ASH romance run through last two days on normal but picking up this game default seems harder then normal in ME2 to me. Not quite Insanity level but if this is normal I don't think i'm doing insanity run in ME3. Goddamn Guardians and I keep running out of ammo, that like never happened to me in ME2, not even on insanity and I keep dying. Bastards keep throwing one shot kill grenades at me.

Hawk269

Out of curiosity, if Shepard died at the end of ME2, how does that play out when you start ME3?

Also, for the PC, do you have to have a completed ME2 save or will it pick up any save you have regardless of where you are at in teh game (me2)? I beat ME1 and ME2 on 360 and since got a new 360, but decided to go PC for ME3...so I have no ME2 save and spent 2 days playing ME2 on PC, but am only about 1/2 way through the game.

Dead

well not really...yet
lol, the dog from the CE is totally useless. Unless it unlocks some side mission later or something...?

kaioshade

Still no word of CE from Amazon. Waiting is not going to be a problem for me, but i just hope they manage to get a copy to me before June.

Question: I played ME1 and 2 on the PC, but for 3 i'm thinking of getting the PS3 version (big screen). Is the framerate tolerable? How much will I miss the 60fps? Thanks.

Hawk269

Question: I played ME1 and 2 on the PC, but for 3 i'm thinking of getting the PS3 version (big screen). Is the framerate tolerable? How much will I miss the 60fps? Thanks.

IMHO..You will miss it alot. Going from 360/Ps3 inconistent 30fps to rock solid 60fps at a true 1080p cant be beat.

Why dont you hook up your PC to your big screen? It was the best thing I have done. Got a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and now I do all my PC gaming on my 55"HDTV.

well looks like i have 2 options...stick with my CE order from amazon which will be here on the 20th, but a regular edition and then trade that in when my CE comes in and accept the $35 loss, or just buy a regular edition and forget about the CE

this whole thing is crazy, the last time i ever had any issues with anything like this was the Halo 2 launch and that was 7 years ago

I've heard people say the framerate is atrocious and others insist it's not a big deal. I guess it comes down to how much these things bother you in general. At any rate, it only seems to affect the cutscenes. The game plays great on PS3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can Solo complete the unholy trinity? Find out when he's done with Dark Souls kicking his ass!

That would be end of days prophetic kind of shit.

So.
After live-calling tech support back like they told me, they now tell me that they will e-mail me sometime tonight or tomorrow with an update on my case. So, hopefully by tomorrow I can save my game again.

I installed the game and yet the disk is still spinning. What the fuck is this shit? The only reason I install games on 360 is to avoid the jet engine.

Hawk269

well looks like i have 2 options...stick with my CE order from amazon which will be here on the 20th, but a regular edition and then trade that in when my CE comes in and accept the $35 loss, or just buy a regular edition and forget about the CE

this whole thing is crazy, the last time i ever had any issues with anything like this was the Halo 2 launch and that was 7 years ago

Depends on how bad you want the goodies in the CE. I mean, you get the $10.00 DLC, so for only $10.00 more you get the patch, book, nice case and little DLC things. But if you have no need for the $10.00 DLC, I say just get the regular game and call it a day.

Top Bottom