• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Replicant

Agreed. Chakram launcher is great.

Is the Chakram Launcher only works for US Mass Effect 3 and US Kingdom of Amalur demo?

Also, have they really got rid of the neutral dialogue options? I find the top and bottom dialogues in some cases are too inappropriate or too harsh.

kirblar said:
Have a question regarding a potential romance option, and would like to know if it's actually available or just people hacking stuff. (Can't find an answer either way.)

Gay Kaiden? Real or no.

Real.

Hawk269

**Urgent help needed**

Need some clarification from some of you fine folks...in regards to having an import ME2 character vs. no import.

When I started my new game without an import, obviously I started at Level 1 in ME3. As I read, those that have imported a ME2 save game, you are starting at Level 30. My main question is...am I missing anything by not having a ME2 import? When you start at 30 are you overpowered vs. starting fresh at Level 1?

Thanks...Right now, I have put in 4 hours in ME3, but stopped cause I am not sure if I should finish my ME2 PC Playthrough. I beat ME2 on 360 years ago, but those saves are long gone...so today I played alot of ME2, but not even 50% of the way and am having a hard time keeping focused cause I want to play ME3.

Thanks for any feedback...much appreciated.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow bumping the difficulty up a notch really helped the challenge. I've been repeatedly bent over by these Cerberus guys for the last 4 or 5 tries but it doesn't feel like it's being unfair. I keep moving into fire and not using the right abilities.

I have to say these side missions are pretty damn meaty. I mean I'm assuming the one I'm doing now is a side mission, I picked it up by talking to someone on my own time. It doesn't have that Priority tag that the story missions seem to have.

marty_k

Neo Member
So is the final version exactly the same as demo framrate-wise (PS3) ? I'm gonna get a 360 to play The Witcher 2 anyway, just trying to figure out if I should get ME3 on PS3 now or wait till summer or so ;-)

GorillaJu

**Urgent help needed**

Need some clarification from some of you fine folks...in regards to having an import ME2 character vs. no import.

When I started my new game without an import, obviously I started at Level 1 in ME3. As I read, those that have imported a ME2 save game, you are starting at Level 30. My main question is...am I missing anything by not having a ME2 import? When you start at 30 are you overpowered vs. starting fresh at Level 1?

Thanks...Right now, I have put in 4 hours in ME3, but stopped cause I am not sure if I should finish my ME2 PC Playthrough. I beat ME2 on 360 years ago, but those saves are long gone...so today I played alot of ME2, but not even 50% of the way and am having a hard time keeping focused cause I want to play ME3.

Thanks for any feedback...much appreciated.

The game is going to be enjoyable whether or not you start from level 30. I don't see how Shepard could have gotten to this point then suddenly somehow forgot everything she knows, so for story reasons it makes sense to start from a higher level.

For gameplay reasons, I actually prefer starting from 1 an enjoying the progression of abilities. Still, however, either way would be fine.

My advice would be to finish ME2 so you can get the full breadth of the story, try to get your mind off of ME3 and stay away from GAF so you don't have it eating away at your soul seeing everyone else progress while you're left behind.

If you don't really care that much about true story or you already know what happens, then go ahead and skip it!

So is the final version exactly the same as demo framrate-wise (PS3) ? I'm gonna get a 360 to play The Witcher 2 anyway, just trying to figure out if I should get ME3 on PS3 now or wait till summer or so ;-)

It's better than the demo because the intro (demo segments) has about the worst frame rate issues you'll suffer during the game. The demo segment itself may be ever so slightly better in the full version. I cant tell. The X360 isn't perfect either, that much I know.

Moaradin

Wow bumping the difficulty up a notch really helped the challenge. I've been repeatedly bent over by these Cerberus guys for the last 4 or 5 tries but it doesn't feel like it's being unfair. I keep moving into fire and not using the right abilities.

I have to say these side missions are pretty damn meaty. I mean I'm assuming the one I'm doing now is a side mission, I picked it up by talking to someone on my own time. It doesn't have that Priority tag that the story missions seem to have.

You doing the mission I think you are? That mission has so many cool cameos and tributes to people who played the first two games. Loved the hell out of it, and yes, it's hard as fuck on harder difficulties.

So I've beat Mass Effect 2 atleast twice on the 360.

When I go to import my ME2 characters into ME3...it won't detect any of my characters. Anyone else having this issue?

Hawk269

The game is going to be enjoyable whether or not you start from level 30. I don't see how Shepard could have gotten to this point then suddenly somehow forgot everything she knows, so for story reasons it makes sense to start from a higher level.

For gameplay reasons, I actually prefer starting from 1 an enjoying the progression of abilities. Still, however, either way would be fine.

My advice would be to finish ME2 so you can get the full breadth of the story, try to get your mind off of ME3 and stay away from GAF so you don't have it eating away at your soul seeing everyone else progress while you're left behind.

If you don't really care that much about true story or you already know what happens, then go ahead and skip it!

It's better than the demo because the intro (demo segments) has about the worst frame rate issues you'll suffer during the game. The demo segment itself may be ever so slightly better in the full version. I cant tell. The X360 isn't perfect either, that much I know.

Thanks. Yeah, I already beat ME2 on the 360 shortly afte ME2 came out. But I think the best thing is to just keep playing 3 without an import character.

Yeah, those Cerberus guys at the Archives are giving me some trouble on Insanity, even with my Tech Armor almost maxed out. It's a good challenge and the outcome of the firefights are always satisfying.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Quite annoyed. If I install the game to the hard drive of the 360, it'll just freeze whenever a big cut scene comes up. Loud fan really takes away the experience at points.

Chakram Launcher is fun though, charging it up and going for a headshot

Moaradin

When I did that mission, one of the firefights had me dying dozens of times. The actual attempt that I won on took me over 10 minutes and I couldn't quicksave at all in combat. Sure was satisfying to get past that.

So I've beat Mass Effect 2 atleast twice on the 360.

When I go to import my ME2 characters into ME3...it won't detect any of my characters. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm playing on the PC.

It detected my character and her stats but scrwed up the hair and eye colour - weird.

As for the game, I just finished the introductory stuff (finally I'm on my ship!). It starts off really weak... hopefully this gets better. I a bit put off at the lack of continuity between the games... I was the motherfucking Shadow Broker in the last one and now I'm some demoted wench who has to kiss ass again? what?

I started at level 30 and bumped the difficulty up 2 notches. The controls feel a little clunkier than I am used to... Bioware smoothed out some of the kinks but seemed to inadvertently add other ones.

I can already tell the war room is going to be awesome! so yeah, I hope this gets better... and I am sure it will once I am zooming around the galaxy on my ship, choosing who lives, who dies, what ugprades to get, etc. they should make a game that doesn't involve these epic overarching plots. just give me my ship, my team, and a ton of little conflicts as well as beautiful worlds to explore (and maybe some puzzles on these planets!) and I would be in heaven. I wish they could use their huge budget to make a truly profound experience. sigh.

e: also, I want to kill the guido who is on my team

"check out my traps and biceps bro."

Derrick01

Banned
You doing the mission I think you are? That mission has so many cool cameos and tributes to people who played the first two games. Loved the hell out of it, and yes, it's hard as fuck on harder difficulties.

I don't think so. There was only 1 cool thing from the past games
and 1 character from the books. I was doing the grissom academy mission.

It was tough and lengthy but it was really fun. Had a nice little surprise at the last part too :)

TheContact

So Mass Effect Infiltrator is pretty cool. Not sure if it's worth the 6 or 7 dollars or w/e I paid for it, but what is Galactic Readiness in ME3? Playing the app increases it.

Moaradin

I don't think so. There was only 1 cool thing from the past games
and 1 character from the books. I was doing the grissom academy mission.

It was tough and lengthy but it was really fun. Had a nice little surprise at the last part too :)

Yea, that was the mission I was talking about. I really liked the
Overlord
callback.

Trey

The combat is so much better. Insanity is actually fun and difficult now, instead of merely tedious. I can say now that I actually enjoy ME's combat. And the customization in the game is pretty incredible. BioWare may have cut down on the dialog some, but they more than made up for it.

Just beated my perfect completionist walkthrough with Tali as romance for ME2.
4:45 am here lol
I just hope to get tomorrow morning the european CE of ME3.

My body is ready!

- J - D -

The ME3 CE is not as well designed as the ME2 CE. Also, the tape left some shitty residue on my tin case's spine. :/

And I'm sitting here wondering what the heck is the difference between this lithograph and a postcard.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love the weapon load vs. power recharge balancing mechanic.

My only complaint so far is the terrible weapon selection interface.

GorillaJu

So Mass Effect Infiltrator is pretty cool. Not sure if it's worth the 6 or 7 dollars or w/e I paid for it, but what is Galactic Readiness in ME3? Playing the app increases it.

Yeah I've bumped my galactic readiness by 6% from Infiltrator. It is indeed a pretty fun game. Awesome for days like today where I'm stuck at work with no actual work to do. Dying to get home and play ME3, but Infiltrator will help tide me over and last the day.

Galactic readiness probably represents the level of preparedness the different zones of the galaxy have for the reaper invasion. I assume higher readiness = smoother battle with the space roaches.

Oh man this game is so cinematic and sweet.

I've only played the first 10 minutes but Im gonna hold off untill this weekend when I drop some ecstasy and then really get into it.

Any word on how to download the Soundtrack? I already went to Biowares webpage and registered the game but it says I dont own the CE when I do. Dunno what the hell is wrong

I'm confused about something. That galaxy of war map thing is inside my Normandy but I thought that was just MP related. Can someone explain?

edit: just read the OP and understand a little better. So it's completely optional and I'm not missing out on anything by ignoring it right?

Tess3ract

Banned
The ME3 CE is not as well designed as the ME2 CE. Also, the tape left some shitty residue on my tin case's spine. :/

And I'm sitting here wondering what the heck is the difference between this lithograph and a postcard.
Nail Polish remover.

Runs pretty damn nice on my rip in 1080p but is there any way to take screens? F11 does dick nothing.
Get Fraps.

Alternatively press prntscrn then copy-paste into an image editor (not mspaint, it compresses too much)

Derrick01

Banned
I'm confused about something. That galaxy of war map thing is inside my Normandy but I thought that was just MP related. Can someone explain?

Nope but you can use MP to help you get war assets. It shows you the breakdown on how each section of the galaxy is prepared for the final assault. If you're trying to do everything you can you'll end up collecting a ton of different war assets that can range from people to dreadnoughts. You don't need to touch MP at all to get the best ending.

Karak

And finally done.

Shorter than I thought it would be which left me scratching my head. Despite the bugs a good number of people are getting I only had the NPC pathing issues in battle(stuck enemies and such), and some texture hitches, the audio bug(npc's not talking in many areas-subtitles fixed that). Somehow my import worked well for my Shepard! Which was great as I loved his look.

I would give this a solid 8.
A good deal less roleplaying in this one but that makes sense now that I beat it and the pacing is either spot on or woefully poor(in particular to how you play) but thats the price you pay for throwing that much into a game so I am ok with that. You can tell they threw the kitchen sink into this. I would have loved for better writing in general all around but especially the handling of some old crew members. Some are handled awesome, others are almost painful in their brevity or poor handling.

Solid 8. And a great thing to see a trilogy fully realized on the same systems it started on and not split across generations or canceled or whathaveyou. Good game. Congrats Bioware another good game. Also the harder difficulties make the game much more enjoyable thats for sure.

Nope but you can use MP to help you get war assets. It shows you the breakdown on how each section of the galaxy is prepared for the final assault. If you're trying to do everything you can you'll end up collecting a ton of different war assets that can range from people to dreadnoughts. You don't need to touch MP at all to get the best ending.

So basically it's just showing me how much stuff I've done in each area of the galaxy?

moop1167

This game is definitely an RPG.

On the first visit to the Citadel, I spent 30 minutes roaming around talking to NPC's before continuing the mission.

Top Bottom