• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Fuck me. Was running around the Citadel and all this sudden my guy started leaping around like there was lag or something. When it calmed down I was on the outside of a guard rail you are not supposed to get over. I tried walking around and fell into world, looking up at the whole map. Lost like 25 minutes of running around doing random side shit. Time for a break I guess...

And finally done.

Shorter than I thought it would be which left me scratching my head.

How long did it take you and how much time did you spend doing random shit?

Tess3ract

Banned
Fuck me. Was running around the Citadel and all this sudden my guy started leaping around like there was lag or something. When it calmed down I was on the outside of a guard rail you are not supposed to get over. I tried walking around and fell into world, looking up at the whole map. Lost like 25 minutes of running around doing random side shit. Time for a break I guess...
Why did you not quick save?

Got this game tonight, traded in that turd of a game SSX.

Why does EA want me to enter some online code to activate multiplayer? There was a code with SSX that I never used, don't feel inclined to use this one. What gives?

Not that it matters, why should I want to play multiplayer in an action RPG, even if it's geared towards guns?

Anyway, 3 hours or so into it, enjoying it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Either this game loads way faster than Mass Effect 2, or having it on an SSD makes a huge difference. My game loads in like 2-3 seconds (ME2 took closer to 20).

Derrick01

Banned
Either this game loads way faster than Mass Effect 2, or having it on an SSD makes a huge difference. My game loads in like 2-3 seconds (ME2 took closer to 20).

It's not just SSD. This game loads almost instantly for me in just about every scenario. In 2 going between floors on the Normandy would be instant but real loads would take like 20+ seconds. Now I get about 4 or 5 at most.

Sai

Anybody playing the 360 version experiencing these occasional hang-ups? I've had one before the start of a conversation, and another when loading an auto-save.

Omzz

Are there any ship upgrades I can do? I'm still early in the game, and having low fuel can be a bit annoying. Tried looking around and talking to everyone, couldn't really find anything.

Any help guys?

Oh God, I'm watching the bar SLOWLY crawling along as I install both discs of ME3 onto my 360's HDD.

This waiting...it's UNBEARABLE

I still need to play that stupid Kingdoms of Amalur demo too so I can unlock the damn armor and gun. Goddammit.

It's not just SSD. This game loads almost instantly for me in just about every scenario. In 2 going between floors on the Normandy would be instant but real loads would take like 20+ seconds. Now I get about 4 or 5 at most.

Pretty sure ME2 had a bug at launch in which it didn't like quad cores much. If you disable 3 of the cores it loaded super fast lol.

Think they eventually patched that up years later.

Best thing about pc version of this.

- you can scroll journal/codex shit with mouse wheel!
- you can double click to 'confirm' shit!

Fucking Bioware.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seriously, being able to say "quick save" to the kinect is surprisingly awesome.

Disruptor/Cryo ammo seem kind of pointless and a waste of points when I can just have a squad member with Squad Warp ammo.

Yeah, in 2 I would just get the squad ammo, but it's only half as effective.

Hey guys,

Someone (I believe eatchildren)posted earlier about how a mass effect 1 save imported to mass effect 2 imported to mass effect 3 was going to fuck up the character portrait (in what way exactly? Resets to default / does something horrible with it / does not import anything?), and gave instructions on how to import the mass effect 1 portrait into mass effect 3.

So.. i looked for it, but i can't find the post! :/ would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

What happens if i just import my ME1->ME2 save?

Moaradin

Just did DLC mission. Wow, that was pretty good and very important. I'm not sure how important this is to the story but any ME fan should play it.

Tess3ract

Banned
The part with Kaiden being
comatose
was so homoerotic and gay I wanted to kill myself, and I'm bi. It was obviously written by a woman because that shit was sappy as fuck.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
What the hell is wrong with the hands in this game?

vvY4M.jpg

Also . . .

I think I inadvertently created an EviLore clone.

sqeBNl.png

Whooter

Hey guys,

Someone (I believe eatchildren)posted earlier about how a mass effect 1 save imported to mass effect 2 imported to mass effect 3 was going to fuck up the character portrait (in what way exactly? Resets to default / does something horrible with it / does not import anything?), and gave instructions on how to import the mass effect 1 portrait into mass effect 3.

So.. i looked for it, but i can't find the post! :/ would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

What happens if i just import my ME1->ME2 save?

Try post #1 in this thread.

Dany

Banned
Just did DLC mission. Wow, that was pretty good and very important. I'm not sure how important this is too the story but any ME fan should play it.

As everyone else has said, it is great LORE but beyond that...IDK how it plays to the overall story yet...

Oh man... (early game spoilers)
that fuckin' reporter is back. I didn't even let the dialogue options show up, just went straight for the punch. Was surprised when she ducked and doubled over in laughter at the headbutt. If you talk to her, can you finally get her on your side or whatever?

Tess3ract

Banned
that fuckin' reporter is back. I didn't even let the dialogue options show up, just went straight for the punch. Was surprised when she ducked and doubled over in laughter at the headbutt. If you talk to her, can you finally get her on your side or whatever?
Yup. She's added as a War Asset.

GSR

If you wait for a bit there's a paragon interrupt where Shepard tells her they're doing everything they can and she apologizes for getting hysterical. Then she agrees to do what she can and you get her as a War Asset.

Moaradin

Yep.

Dead

well not really...yet
I literally laughed out loud due it to happening so early, and at the duck

Try post #1 in this thread.

:/
Sorry for being a dumbass. Worst part is that i looked at post number 1, but i only looked at the bottom of it, assuming that's where the info would be.

If i understand correctly, it only affects the face, correct? Everything else imports correctly?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

You aren't playing Mass Effect right if you don't punch her in the face. It's a tradition, dammit!

Ok, so am I dumb or...? (Limited Edition/From the Ashes spoilers)

So I just completed the
Prothean recruitment mission

About four hundred trillion little "you unlocked XYZ" windows popped up, including
one that said "Slam", with a bunch of ability icons on it, along side a Prothean energy gun

I found the weapon in my weapon locker. Where do I find
Slam
? Or is that not what that little unlock window meant? Can I change
my skill set
somewhere? I see that
the new crew member has it in his skill set
but I haven't had that unlock window pop for any other abilities so I'm kind of confused why it appeared.

Ugh, about 5/6 hours in, loving it, but I had 2 major gripes with the mission right after the tutorial.

The fact that Kaidan got injured was initially cool, and then I realized it was probably just so they didn't have to write lines for both him and Ashley. And a fucking Deus ex machina weapon? Really? That better not work. Oh, but I did love pretty much every in else, it was weird, I didn't mind he explanation for Cerberus, I thought it would be retarded.

Yup. She's added as a War Asset.

If you wait for a bit there's a paragon interrupt where Shepard tells her they're doing everything they can and she apologizes for getting hysterical. Then she agrees to do what she can and you get her as a War Asset.

I literally laughed out loud due it to happening so early, and at the duck

You aren't playing Mass Effect right if you don't punch her in the face. It's a tradition, dammit!

Well, I got the other one as a War Asset (when you first step off of the Normandy). Damn, I should have waited, but it was too funny not to do.

Better not affect me in the long run.

Top Bottom