• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Moaradin

Well, I got the other one as a War Asset (when you first step off of the Normandy). Damn, I should have waited, but it was too funny not to do.

Better not affect me in the long run.

Na, it's a very small contribution to the War Asset. It's like 10 or something. The other option is probably more satisfying =P

- J - D -

Is From Ashes included within the 'N7 Collector's Edition Materials' listed in Origin? I don't see it anywhere on the list and it's still available in the Origin store.,

edit: I'm dumb. It says right on the description in the Origin store that the code is in the CE case.

Zeliard

Just finished the From Ashes DLC. Short but fun. I liked the more open environment; there was tons of flanking potential and I took advantage of it. And engineers are total assholes.

The new squad member is also fun. He has an amusingly haughty personality, all of it totally understandable. The lore stuff you get from him is pretty cool and he seems like he'll be really neat in combat. I also dig the voice acting there.

It's been said a million times but it's a shame many people won't get to experience it. Seems fairly integral to the Mass Effect universe.

Moaradin

Just finished the From Ashes DLC. Short but fun. I liked the more open environment; there was tons of flanking potential and I took advantage of it. And engineers are total assholes.

The new squad member is also fun. He has an amusingly haughty personality, all of it totally understandable. The lore stuff you get from him is pretty cool and he seems like he'll be really neat in combat. I also dig the voice acting there.

It's been said a million times but it's a shame many people won't get to experience it. Seems fairly integral to the Mass Effect universe.

Yea it is very good content but I'm just happy they didn't make him another Zaeed, totally useless and hardly contributes anything to the game. It would be best if it came on the disk but I am happy that the character is by far the best DLC character you can get in any ME game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Here's my Fem Shep. Just my ME3 import with a new hairstyle:

femshep.png

This has me worried. Do any other 360 players have this issue?

So I guess I didn't have my completed saves anymore. Just the save RIGHT before the suicide run through the omega relay.

: /

So I beat ME 2 again...forgot how fragile Mordin is (fucker!), beat the worst boss ever (although he's a MUCH better fight on Insane) and saved it.

Started up ME 3...and lo and behold, there is my guy.

Hurray!

Also...I didn't have to redo my guys face. So that's a plus.

Xamdou

Question about the Shadow Broker DLC and how it carries over to ME3:

I finished the Shadow Broker DLC in ME2, but when I talk to Liara on the Normandy it seems like Shepard is asking her how she became the Shadow Broker and how she escaped etc. Is this suppose to be how it is?

No_Style

I am loving how well this game handles compared to its predecessors. So fluid.

Also my fem Shep is looking fantastic which isn't something I could have said in my past attempts.

Quick

Banned
So, here's a massively important question: Which cover are you using, FemShep or MaleShep?

Just picked it up, excite!

Trey

The best part of the DLC is
Liara becoming so jaded against Protheans, and questioning her entire life's work. Too mind fuck her, gotta fatten EA's coffers a bit more, ladies and gents.

TheExodu5

Banned
So, here's a massively important question: Which cover are you using, FemShep or MaleShep?

Just picked it up, excite!

FemShep all the way. Reason 1: not enough strong female protagonists in games these days. Reason 2: she has a far better voice actor than MaleShep.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wow lmao...
Citadel light spoilers

I just met the Shepard VI for the first time hahaha....omg this is amazing. "IF we all get together there is nothing in the galaxy that can stop us"..."Well except the Reapers, have you seen the size of those things?" hahahaha

X-Frame

Oh wow lmao...
Citadel light spoilers

I just met the Shepard VI for the first time hahaha....omg this is amazing. "IF we all get together there is nothing in the galaxy that can stop us"..."Well except the Reapers, have you seen the size of those things?" hahahaha

Lol.
Cycle through all the conversations until it loops. I think there's like 12 of them. Very amusing.

Two quick questions:

Played the shit out of ME1, ME2 on the harder modes. I have a saved character coming in from ME2 to ME3. Should I start off on Veteran with the assumption that normal might just be too easy.

And second, changing the difficulty in the options menu has no bearing on the difficulty in regards to multiplayer right?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How do you activate the From Ashes DLC? Origin says I have it but I don't see any indication of it in-game at all.

You'll get an email about it on the Normandy.

Two quick questions:

Played the shit out of ME1, ME2 on the harder modes. I have a saved character coming in from ME2 to ME3. Should I start off on Veteran with the assumption that normal might just be too easy.

And second, changing the difficulty in the options menu has no bearing on the difficulty in regards to multiplayer right?

Yup, I started one notch below insanity and the difficulty seems good.

The MP was always split into bronze, silver, and gold. So that won't change.

I just noticed that I haven't been getting any blue/red options for paragon/renegade. I imported my ME2 save, but I changed my character's appearance. Does that screw up my imported character?

Trey

Two quick questions:

Bout the same, really. Might have to strip a few more shields. That's it.

Man, I love giving Garrus the particle rifle. He just runs around shooting god beams at everyone. It's so satisfying.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just noticed that I haven't been getting any blue/red options for paragon/renegade. I imported my ME2 save, but I changed my character's appearance. Does that screw up my imported character?

Nah. I've only had one a few hours in, but they always seem to pop up later so everyone has time to build it up.

Megasoum

Banned
wow. I got goose bumps when
the kid and the ship die at the start and the music kicks in

Yeah...that piano music is amazing. That scene didn't do much for me in the demo but now seeing it in the context of the full game gave me goosebumps too.

And on a sidenote....fuck that...25 000 credits to buy a VI that will take care of my fish? I miss Kelly! lol

vaelic

Banned
Yeah...that piano music is amazing. That scene didn't do much for me in the demo but now seeing it in the context of the full game gave me goosebumps too.

exactly.

btw:

to turn off motion blur

1. Go to your "My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\Config" folder and open the file "GamerSettings.ini" in Notepad. Change the line "MotionBlur=True" to "MotionBlur=False" (if it's not there add it under "[SystemSettings]" header).

2. Go to "Mass Effect 3\Binaries" folder (where you installed the game) and run MassEffect3Config.exe - it will let you configure various options, including motion blur

from: http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/344/index/9652824/1#9652953

Edgeward

I don't like how you lose all progress in MP when you lose a connection. Couldn't they just save after every round? I lost 20 minutes of my time and was pretty far in the waves (9) when my comp froze and didn't get anything after. Fuck man.

i-Lo

So any GAFFers planning to team up for the online missions? Would like that very much to start off as opposed getting shoved around by complete strangers. I activated my Live subscription and have yet to play online.

Help :(

I didn't. I laughed out loud and went HEY INCEPTION, YOU GOT YOUR INCEPTION IN MY MASS EFFECT

Me neither,
you knew from the moment you saw that kid for the first time how it would end up, ended up just looking really cheesy and silly.
Didn't mind the inception horn though. :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Playing as an Adept is fun. Singularity + Throw and people are flying all over the place haha! I could spam that all day. Those shield wielding Cerberus dudes are a bit annoying though. But it seems like Pull make them lose their shield, so its not too bad.

Just got the DLC character, he's cool, liked his comment about salarians and Liara's smirk when he said that. Kinda weird how i cant select him for that N7 mission about a Cerberus lab though. Do i need to do more priority missions or what? I dont want fucking Vega.

Also that IGN journalist is fugly, i'm starting to regret taking her aboard the Normandy.

I played all evening, and i still feel like i barely scratched the surface with
Earth + Mars + the first time you enter the Citadel + Normandy tour + getting the DLC character.

All quests exist on Tuchanka, I fear when I go I'll never leave.

Also, this game is awesome. Don't know if this or ME1 Citidel is my favorite. ME1 Citidel was more explorative, but I like the overheard conversations in this one a great deal.

So importing ME2 to ME3, it doesn't count Liara as a romance option in ME2? Lair of the Shadow Broker is disregarded, then?

I can't answer your question as I didn't romance Liara, but just because it's not in that initial list doesn't mean the game doesn't import it. I've had plenty of references to side quests and DLC stuff I've done in 1 and 2.

GSR

Playing as an Adept is fun. Singularity + Throw and people are flying all over the place haha! I could spam that all day. Those shield wielding Cerberus dudes are a bit annoying though. But it seems like Pull make them lose their shield, so its not too bad.

Just got the DLC character, he's cool, liked his comment about salarians and Liara's smirk when he said that. Kinda weird how i cant select him for that N7 mission about a Cerberus lab though. Do i need to do more priority missions or what? I dont want fucking Vega.

Also that IGN journalist is fugly, i'm starting to regret taking her aboard the Normandy.

I think (not sure yet) he's locked until you finish the next main story mission. He might unlock after you finish an N7 mission, but I did Sanctum before I got him so I can't confirm.

Zeliard

Haha I just tried to select him for the Sanctum mission and was surprised that he was greyed out (or blackened out). I think it's because
he's still recovering from his long ass sleep. They mentioned he needed time to recover.
Presumably after a mission or two he can be selected.

It's actually a pretty neat touch.

Wiggum2007

Help! Can I sex Samantha Traynor if I'm carrying on a romance from ME1? Or can I not dump my ME1 romance for them? I'm sorry Liara but you ain't got shit on that British accent.

So I guess I didn't have my completed saves anymore. Just the save RIGHT before the suicide run through the omega relay.

: /

So I beat ME 2 again...forgot how fragile Mordin is (fucker!), beat the worst boss ever (although he's a MUCH better fight on Insane) and saved it.

Started up ME 3...and lo and behold, there is my guy.

Hurray!

Also...I didn't have to redo my guys face. So that's a plus.
Gotcha. I think I have post game saves...

If not, I need to hop on that 5 dollar ME2 deal. :(

Ugh, I only just got to the Citadel & I might be overreacting, but this is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on anything & everything.

Where the hell is the improved level design over ME2 linear & boring ass corridors?
Something about the animation, production & polish seems "off" compared to the other two games.

I hope it improves.

kai3345

Banned
Ugh, I only just got to the Citadel & I might be overreacting, but this is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on anything & everything.

Where the hell is the improved level design over ME2 linear & boring ass corridors?
Something about the animation, production & polish seems "off" compared to the other two games.

I hope it improves.

The level design stays very "shootery" but from what ive seen it gets better. The level design on the Krogan Rescue mission I thought was great.

What the fuck?

I tried to load my ME2 Shepard in ME3 and it says "One or more careers is corrupted and cannot be loaded." I thought, well that's weird. So I pulled out my old ME2 discs and put them in and when I get the menu it says "One or more careers is corrupted, do you want to delete them?"

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS EA/BIOWARE? I'VE HAD THIS SHEPARD SINCE ME1! FIX THIS SHIT YOU INCOMPETENT SEMI-EVOLVED APES!!!

I hope it improves.

Well um... See You Next Wednesday, then well talk

Top Bottom