• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Spookie

Oh god, turned on those setting and AA off in game. It's now less blurry and has removed the silly halo effect around people!

Oh god, turned on those setting and AA off in game. It's now less blurry and has removed the silly halo effect around people!

SGSSAA on UE3 games makes such a big difference because it tones down the OTT specular effects on shiny objects as well as giving great edge smoothing.

Dennis

Banned
*** Nvidia Inspector settings for 4x MSAA and 4xSGSSAA ***

I go from 60 fps locked to around 40 fps at 2560x1600. Removes essentially all jaggies. I have FXAA disabled in-game options.

Credit to BoobPhysics101.

Maybe put the above post in the OP so people don't have to ask on every page.

It absolutely works. By all means, credit it to BoobPhysics101.

Later do a similar thing for AMD settings when someone figures it out.

Zissou

How do you find your face code for your character in ME2 so that you can use the converter to have your face be accurate in ME3?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Hah. I knew someone would make a gif of this as soon as I started that level. The whole scene did seem very forced and out of place. What I loved even more was the close up of Shepard's face at the end.

I just had to screencap that moment, it was so incredibly cheesy.

MassEffect3.exe_2012-03-06-18-54-48-367.jpg

I also forced 4X MSAA Supersampling now, and put every single setting on maximum, Triple buffering etcetera, and it still manages to always remain at a steady 60FPS, with a few random dips in the 50s, and that's on a modest i5/HD5850 rig.

Not bad!

Is the From Ashes squadmate only available on certain missions? I tried to select him for a mission but he's blacked out on the squad selection screen :-/ ?

Replicant

I've had it with staggered game launch around the world. There's no reason why a big game company like EA can't release a game like this simultaneously all around the world. I hate waiting while everyone else already get to play. :/

Conversations between Shepard and
Conrad
are hilarious:
Conrad:
Wait, where did thermal clips come from? I thought guns "cooled down"?
Shepard: Well after the geth attack a few years back, soldiers switched to thermal clips.
Conrad:
Well that seems like a huge step backwards.

Kem0sabe

Is the From Ashes squadmate only available on certain missions? I tried to select him for a mission but he's blacked out on the squad selection screen :-/ ?

Same with me, i figure you need to reach a certain part of the story. I´m still at the Turian moon, and i think story wise we are supposed to be playing with Liara and Vega in the team.

P.S Another thing... fuck the DLC beam rifle is overpowered Oo

P.S Lol at the comments the new squadmate makes about the other races... especially the Salarians :p

Rubezh

Is anyone else having problems adding this as a non-Steam game? The demo worked fine and I was able to take screenshots, use the overlay etc. With the full game, Steam doesn't even want to acknowledge I'm in game at all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody else getting weird neon flickering on the edges of some polyongs? It flickers very rapidly as I move around.

1kbbki.jpg

Thankfully, they happen infrequently enough. There's better ways to show Shep succumbing somewhat to the emotional toll of the reaper situation, for sure. I liked the kid's death in the beginning to show just how messed up things are getting and how quickly it's all happening.

It's odd because Shep has so many more legitimate nightmarish memories to plague his sleep that they could have chose from.
Hey! Thank you for the spoiler. I didn't know that
Mass Effect 3 will have nightmare section. Or wait! You are even showing a gif from the sequence.
There is a reason for spoiler thread...

Sorry, that I sound like a asshole. But that was completely new and I thought I could avoid all spoilers when I don't mark the spoiler.

You know what gun sucks?

The Argus, turrible. glad it's a pre-order weapon.

The Chakram Launcher is fun to use, but I'm still using ann Avenger, although it's an Avenger VI now.

Where the hell is the Revenant? Do I get it soon?

Realyn

so ... I allready asked about it yesterday, but nobody responded.

Someone else freaked out by the damn black crush? Anything you can do against it? The game really looks good, but it sucks if you simply can not see the textures :x.
Screen is a BenQxl2420t with I believe 12 mil contrast? It really can not be about my setup ...

Lakitu

st5fu
So how often do you go or have to go to the Citadel in this game? Does it keep on providing quests as the main story progresses like ME 1?

Ricker

Maybe it's been addressed but this thread is huge already...The game doesn't want to apply my custom guy I had through ME1 and 2 for me...just his face I mean,it keeps everything else from the last 2 games(I started at level 30 etc,etc)but it says it can't recognise the face,kinda bummed me out a bit but since I'm just at the starting place after the demo,is this happening to anyone else who tried to import from ME1,2.?

edit:This is on 360.

So how often do you go or have to go to the Citadel in this game? Does it keep on providing quests as the main story progresses like ME 1?

I've been playing for about 9 hours so far and have gone back and forth from the Citadel dozens of times. Though that could just be me though. Been completing sidequests, shopping, talking to various squadmates who go to different areas on the Citadel frequently, etc.

Kem0sabe

Really?? I think it's underpowered as hell...I stopped using it immediately after the Palaven mission. Do you have it upgraded or something?

I spent all my credits upgrading it and it´s vaporizing stuff left and right with Vega using it.

I know it´s still the start of the game, but i´m feeling very overpowered playing an adept, the low cooldown + fully upgraded warp and singularity is awesome. I won´t up the difficulty tho, saving that for a full insanity renegade run later on :D

Yeah, those dream sequences definitely felt last minute bs.

If you are forced to move super slow in a game... make the environment look somewhat decent =/

I felt no emotions... but I did notice the shitty low res plants that are clipping into the ground in their animation cycle.

I spent all my credits upgrading it and it´s vaporizing stuff left and right with Vega using it.

I know it´s still the start of the game, but i´m feeling very overpowered playing an adept, the low cooldown + fully upgraded warp and singularity is awesome. I won´t up the difficulty tho, saving that for a full insanity renegade run later on :D

Hmm :D

What upgrades do you have on it?

Kem0sabe

Hmm :D

What upgrades do you have on it?

I upgraded the stock model to level IV i think (not at home, so can´t confirm) and added an extended clip mod and a penetration mod i think it´s called.

Wish i had a scope mod for the handgun, only found one for the SMG so far, but at long range it´s too inaccurate to be of much use.

Also, have you tried shooting the shield carrying Cerberus troops through their shield slit? There´s an achievement for that :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm enjoying it thus far, but man, the inability to holster your weapon is bothering me even more than I expected. It's such a minor thing, but it has such a huge impact on exploration for me.

The feeling of moving around in this game just sucks. The animations feel janky (I can't believe the running is as bad as the demo) and the camera is drawn in too close.

The game itself is still Mass Effect to me so I'm enjoying it, but I'm really disappointed that they felt the need to remove holstering.

spekkeh

Banned
I'm enjoying it thus far, but man, the inability to holster your weapon is bothering me even more than I expected. It's such a minor thing, but it has such a huge impact on exploration for me.

You can't holster in ME2 either (xbox version). I honestly hadn't noticed it until the ruckus with not being able to holster in ME3.

I upgraded the stock model to level IV i think (not at home, so can´t confirm) and added an extended clip mod and a penetration mod i think it´s called.

Wish i had a scope mod for the handgun, only found one for the SMG so far, but at long range it´s too inaccurate to be of much use.

Also, have you tried shooting the shield carrying Cerberus troops through their shield slit? There´s an achievement for that :D

Ah, I'll take a look when I get home.

Lol haven't tried that yet. I'll definitely give it a try.

Napophis

Those AA settings the same for SLI? i still see jaggies :( Also do i need to keep inspector running in the background all the time when playing games?

I lOVE the DLC Rifle, my wife on the otherhand hates it...

.GqueB.

Banned
Maybe it's been addressed but this thread is huge already...The game doesn't want to apply my custom guy I had through ME1 and 2 for me...just his face I mean,it keeps everything else from the last 2 games(I started at level 30 etc,etc)but it says it can't recognise the face,kinda bummed me out a bit but since I'm just at the starting place after the demo,is this happening to anyone else who tried to import from ME1,2.?

edit:This is on 360.

Yea alot of people are having that issue including myself. Luckily, not much was altered from my original appearance. Just had to tweak the skin color and hair. Everything else was fine.

Look again. They're working on a fix apparently but you might not need it.

Quoting and reposting myself since I think it got lost on the end of a previous page. Anyone?

Ok, so am I dumb or...? (Limited Edition/From the Ashes spoilers)

So I just completed the
Prothean recruitment mission

About four hundred trillion little "you unlocked XYZ" windows popped up, including
one that said "Slam", with a bunch of ability icons on it, along side a Prothean energy gun

I found the weapon in my weapon locker. Where do I find
Slam
? Or is that not what that little unlock window meant? Can I change
my skill set
somewhere? I see that
the new crew member has it in his skill set
but I haven't had that unlock window pop for any other abilities so I'm kind of confused why it appeared.

Dresden

Just met Jack. No spoilers, just gonna say I was pretty surprised, and it was really nice seeing her like that. Had a big grin on my face the whole time. And I didn't even like her in ME2.

Hoo-doo

Banned

The feeling of moving around in this game just sucks. The animations feel janky (I can't believe the running is as bad as the demo) and the camera is drawn in too close.

The game itself is still Mass Effect to me so I'm enjoying it, but I'm really disappointed that they felt the need to remove holstering.

I found a FOV fix, if you are interested. Got it forwarded to me by a friend yesterday, and works perfectly. It does make the terrible running animations a bit more apparent though.

Just unpack, and throw it into the \Origin\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole folder, and adjust the FOV in-game with the numpad keys.

Link

Ricker

Yea alot of people are having that issue including myself. Luckily, not much was altered from my original appearance. Just had to tweak the skin color and hair. Everything else was fine.

Look again. They're working on a fix apparently but you might not need it.

Ah ok thanks,I tried 2 times with the same results,I`ll try a few more times today.

Riposte

Need some insight on future events, but don't want detailed spoilers. Concerning Cerberus...

Is there any reason to believe all my acts of kindness towards them in ME2 will count for anything? Obviously they are my enemies, but let's say I want to keep them around with new management at some point (ideally me, but I doubt that's a possibility lol).

If not I'm better off just downloading a save.

One thing I gotta say is the romantic relationship with Ash feels real now. They really outdid themselves. So much better than previous games, they actually give off such great emotion. Shepard and Ashley express themselves like real people.

Can't wait to see where it goes.

Top Bottom