• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Kem0sabe

Found an online trainer to remove/reset the reaper threat at scanning systems... mighty tempted to use it, i hate these fucking inept mini games.

Games need to copy the spoken Codex. Would have loved something like that in Kingdoms of Amalur. I spent about an hour last night just listening to sections of the codex.

Funny how with all the effort they try to make to give a damn about Desmond Baby, the tear inducing moment for me was your meeting with
Thane at the hospital

LMAO, spoilers about EDI (early in the game)
anybody just burst out laughing at Shepard's face when EDI said "I only forget to recycle the Normandy's oxygen if I find some reaaally intriguing Shepard"..."that was a joke" or something like that. Perfect cringing WTF face there by Shep XD.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question about a really early sidequest (literally the first one I got):
When you get the Prothean Pillar of Strength for the Volus at the embassy I can't talk to him to give it to him. Do I have to do the mission to save the turian leader first?

Dave_6

PS3 version here. Framerate issues aside, this game is awesome! Played till ~1 AM and never really got anything accomplished but I loved every minute of it.

Quick question about a really early sidequest (literally the first one I got):
When you get the Prothean Pillar of Strength for the Volus at the embassy I can't talk to him to give it to him. Do I have to do the mission to save the turian leader first?

You mean the Prothean Obelisk you have to get from the Shrike Abyssal? You can only access that system after you save the Turian Primarch first.

Yeah and it's godly. It's so powerful especially if you go for headshots you don't need to cloak unless you're using it to get away or flank someone. On harder difficulties you want to avoid spamming cloak because your health and shields don't regenerate with it on. It can leave you in a bad spot if you're not using it effectively.

cool. I just need to find the viper(?) sniper rifle, because I will probably need to use that gun more often than usual and it'd be nice to have more than 10 rounds to work with.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thats weird, are you using any custom injector´s or forcing any driver settings?

Was forcing AA through nVidia Inspector and that seems to be the culprit. My AA settings must be wrong. I'll try what Dennis has.

Amazing what a difference putting sick labels directly on the windows in the citadel makes.

Bioware might be the best Sci Fi Environmental Designers since Wip3out. I could walk through the
Hospital
for the rest of the 40 or whatever hours of the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dennis' settings produced no AA of any kind, but did replicate the glitch.

Well, this is annoying. It seems I have no solution for good ME3 AA, only FXAA. Fuck that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Well, this is annoying. It seems I have no solution for good ME3 AA, only FXAA. Fuck that.

I'm only using the default FXAA(too lazy to tweak with Nvidia configs) and i barely notice the aliasing since im not even paying attention to that stuff. Maybe i should be glad that im not the kind of gamer obsessed with having the best AA. Resolution and framerates are much more important to me. :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So it seems that Clint Mansell only handled a select few tracks for the game?

I mean, I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything less, but it's pretty disappointing. The music is definitely a step up from Mass Effect 2 (which was disappointing compared to the first game), but it's not quite as amazing as it could have been.

I'm not sure why FXAA is hated on. SSAA is, of course, the best solution, but FXAA produces fantastic results with virtually no performance hit. For high-end games, FXAA is a great solution as you can still obtain smooth image quality without sacrificing framerate or details.

PS3 version here. Framerate issues aside, this game is awesome! Played till ~1 AM and never really got anything accomplished but I loved every minute of it.

Pretty much what I did last night too. Basically sprinted through the demo level and then just slowed down and started enjoying everything. Beautiful game.

Petrichor

Could anyone tell me how samara features in ME3? On the streams she seems to be dead in everyone's playthroughs :/ (spoiler tags of course)

Bisnic

I mean, I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything less, but it's pretty disappointing. The music is definitely a step up from Mass Effect 2 (which was disappointing compared to the first game), but it's not quite as amazing as it could have been.

I'm not sure why FXAA is hated on. SSAA is, of course, the best solution, but FXAA produces fantastic results with virtually no performance hit. For high-end games, FXAA is a great solution as you can still obtain smooth image quality without sacrificing framerate or details.

At least they used one of his track for the part where you leave Earth and leading to the game's title. So good.

EatChildren

I haven't seen FXAA that doesn't look noticeably more blurry than MSAA. I'd much prefer to go with the latter.

Dennis

Banned
What the hell, works perfectly for me.

What graphics card do you use?
Does your framerate get slashed after enabling AA?
Are you sure you have enabled everything, pressed 'Apply changes' in Nvidia Inspector and rebooted the game?
Have you tried just 2x MSAA and 2x SGSSAA?

Isobelise

for love of....
I ....dislike... Origin

I have the collectors edition but the DLC won't start downloading.
Oh Oh best yet does anyone know if and how I can get my shep from steam mass effect?

and the downloaded sountrack is...well no idea if or where it is

From pure joy to pure frustration

Killzig

Could anyone tell me how samara features in ME3? On the streams she seems to be dead in everyone's playthroughs :/ (spoiler tags of course)
Well, I imported an ME2 save where she was loyal/survived...
There's a late game side quest to visit an Ardakt-Yakshi (sp?) monastery that an Asari commando unit has been dispatched to. It happens that her two surviving daughters are there. You can probably figure the rest out; reapers have arrived, commandos are dead, and the Ardakt-Yakshi have been turned into husk type monsters. After you blow up the monastery Samara pulls a gun and puts it to her temple. I was able to stop her with a paragon interrupt so she's still alive and a war asset for me.

Does anyone know what determines the bonus powers from your NPCs? Are they always the same or do they change by difficulty level? I'm kind of annoyed that as an adept I was offered Warp from Liara's stable of skills.

EatChildren

What the hell, works perfectly for me.

What graphics card do you use?
Does your framerate get slashed after enabling AA?
Are you sure you have enabled everything, pressed 'Apply changes' in Nvidia Inspector and rebooted the game?

570 GTX
No. A hit, but nothing significant (still averaging 60fps), likely because...
...I chose not to enable the supersampling transparency filtering and opted just for transparency multisampling. Either way, forcing AA of any kind in ME3 introduces weird flickering abnormalities on some edges of polygons, and the setts you provided not only introduced the effect, but produced no AA I could notice.

No idea how a quote from dark10x turned out with my name, but ok!

Hahaha whaaat. Weird.

For anyone whose gotten past the first mission,
does Ashley heal and leave the hospital any time soon? I've only done the Palaven moon mission so far, been doing sidequests mostly for now. Without going into spoilers, does she come back on the Normandy pretty soon?

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just don't get one thing.
Why did they feel the need to sex up the females in this game so goddamn much. There are more double-D cup sets of breasts onboard my Normandy than there are goddamn assault rifles.
I'm not one to complain about things like this, but it's starting to get a bit weird. The tits of my personal assistant are constantly clipping into her hands and arms, as if they just set the boob slider to 10, and called it a day.

Even goddamn EDI is a hot, big-breasted robotic vixen now, Miranda's ass has gotten even more gigantic, and Ashley's and Liara's women-parts have ballooned up just like the rest.

I haven't even found the rest of the old squad yet, but I fully expect them to be the same. Is there something in the water in the ME universe?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

FXAA is good if you can't get proper AA working but it blurs texture details and introduces extra shimmering. Is it acceptable? Sure. Is it preferable? No.

Dennis

Banned
does Ashley heal and leave the hospital any time soon? I've only done the Palaven moon mission so far, been doing sidequests mostly for now. Without going into spoilers, does she come back on the Normandy pretty soon?

Ahsleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rokam

When the hell can I upgrade the scanning/fuel parts of the ship, this is really annoying and I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game.

Dennis

Banned
Why did they feel the need to sex up the females in this game so goddamn much. There are more double-D cup sets of breasts onboard my Normandy than there are goddamn assault rifles.
I'm not one to complain about things like this, but it's starting to get a bit weird. The tits of my personal assistant are constantly clipping into her hands and arms, as if they just set the boob slider to 10, and called it a day.

Even goddamn EDI is a hot, big-breasted robotic vixen now, Miranda's ass has gotten even more gigantic, and Ashley's and Liara's women-parts have ballooned up just like the rest.

I haven't even found the rest of the old squad yet, but I fully expect them to be the same. Is there something in the water in the ME universe?

The plate space armor with huge tit cups just looks so dumb to me.

moop1167

Quick question. The first time you go
to the Citadel to speak to the Council, are you supposed to be able to start picking up side quests? All I could do was pick up Chobot and talk to some people before talking to the Council, check on Ashley, and go to the Normandy

You should play The Old Republic.

Isobelise

I... really...want to....kill, someone right now:

-------
This application cannot be used until the official release date has been reached. Please wait until the official release date and restart the application at that time. Click 'Exit' to abort the process.

Please visit the support website to get more information: http://eauk.custhelp.com

Your release date will be: 08 March 2012, 00:00
-------

I can right, I can kill someone now right?

to the Citadel to speak to the Council, are you supposed to be able to start picking up side quests? All I could do was pick up Chobot and talk to some people before talking to the Council, check on Ashley, and go to the Normandy

I think I was able to pick up like 2 sidequests the first time I landed there. You start picking up a LOT of sidequests after the first Citadel visit and after completing the first mission.

Raxus

Yes, as a space zombie. Ok one of those is a lie.

Bisnic

My run is with Kaidan.
When i went to the hospital, he was half naked on the bed(still unconscious though), but my femshep resisted to the tentation(not like she ever liked him anyway) and told him to wake the fuck up and get back to the Normandy ASAP, and that's an order!

Didn't work though. Lazy asshole is still sleeping.

Dennis

Banned

You have about 3 hours left of the game now that you have missed 90% of the missions.

Top Bottom