• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dany

Banned
One thing I gotta say is the romantic relationship with Ash feels real now. They really outdid themselves. So much better than previous games, they actually give off such great emotion. Shepard and Ashley express themselves like real people.

Can't wait to see where it goes.

Sticking it with Liara is the same feeling. That mars mission was really something special.

Sticking it with Liara is the same feeling. That mars mission was really something special.

Yea, I have another save where I romanced Liara, going to start another ME3 playthrough with that after this one :D

I was hoping this is how Bioware would improve romances for ME3, looks like they came through exactly how I expected.

Dany

Banned
Ugh, the soundtrack doesn't have any metadata. I don't wanna spend time working on something so trivial as that.

Also, .wav seriously?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't wait to try that FOV fix later today, at least the lack of holstering wont be as bad for looking around.

About Liara, yeah i romanced her in ME1 and romanced Garrus in ME2, when i told her we should just be friends, you could feel she was disappointed. I'm sorry Liara, i'll make it up to you with Shepard #2 later!

rakhir

About Liara, yeah i romanced her in ME1 and romanced Garrus in ME2, when i told her we should just be friends, you could feel she was disappointed.
When my Shepard broke up with Miranda the scene was so sad that even I felt really bad about it.
It's scary that i have such emotions for those characters, Bioware did a good job.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You can't holster in ME2 either (xbox version). I honestly hadn't noticed it until the ruckus with not being able to holster in ME3.
You absolutely CAN holster in ME2. You simply hit the "back" button. I played through the game using that throughout.

It's one of those things that has become progressively worse. In the original, holding X button would holster. Then they moved it to the less convenient back button. Now they've removed it completely.

Moaradin

The romances in this game are really good. I romanced Liara in ME1 and ME2 with Shadow Broker, and it felt most of the dialogue during the second mission was based around that romance. I wonder how much of it was romance specific, because it felt like most of it was. You could even tell by her emotions as well, and I could have sworn she looked jealous at one point when I was talking with Ashley.

The character interaction in general is a big step up. Even your crew interacts with each other and they practically never did in that ME1/ME2.

The romances in this game are really good. I romanced Liara in ME1 and ME2 with Shadow Broker, and it felt most of the dialogue during the second mission was based around that romance. I wonder how much of it was romance specific, because it felt like most of it was. You could even tell by her emotions as well, and I could have sworn she looked jealous at one point when I was talking with Ashley.

The character interaction in general is a big step up. Even your crew interacts with each other and they practically never did in that ME1/ME2.

Yep, huge improvement in that department.

Gartikker

Might have been mentioned, haven't really followed ME3 whatsoever as I wasn't planning on picking it up until now. Is there anything like Mass Effect 2's Genesis DLC that would let me pick all the major decisions and have them carry on to ME3 on a new save-game? I don't have my saves any more but I'd like to play with the decisions I did actually make in ME1/2

Please tell me when you get to play it, if there's an options to choose from prior to starting the game. I have to wait til Monday, before I'll get my hands on the game.

Dispatch Estimate Thursday 8 Mar 2012

angry-desk-flip.png

One thing I gotta say is the romantic relationship with Ash feels real now. They really outdid themselves. So much better than previous games, they actually give off such great emotion. Shepard and Ashley express themselves like real people.

Can't wait to see where it goes.

I expressed my love to Ash and another person.... Like a tru player son.

I hope it backfires on me :D

I'm truly enjoying this game a lot. Minus the fact (so Far) that i cannot see the side missions on the galaxy map). There have been some emotional moments on this game that i'm surprised in which i feel for the characters.

Kem0sabe

One thing that has me worried is that i have to be extra careful not to fall into any gay relationship "trap´s"... happened with me and Anders in DA2... one minute... bromance, the other, ass slaps all around :|

The shuttle pilot thing is really overdone... it almost sounds like bioware is trying to make a political statement with these interactions... i hope the "new" Ashley is not transgender.

Hoo-doo

Banned

And some people say FOV doesn't matter. Hah!
Textures are still a bit muddy though, maybe there will be a highres texture pack someday.

Also, I just found a new pistol, and my god, it's delicious. It shoots explosive sticky pellets, and when shot properly, makes enemies explode into a cloud of pink mist. So good.

Moaradin

One thing that has me worried is that i have to be extra careful not to fall into any gay relationship "trap´s"... happened with me and Anders in DA2... one minute... bromance, the other, ass slaps all around :|

The shuttle pilot thing is really overdone... it almost sounds like bioware is trying to make a political statement with these interactions... i hope the "new" Ashley is not transgender.

I'm not romancing that guy but I like how they treat the gay relationships. Nothing out of place in the ME universe.

"Dispatching Soon" for me. :\ Guess FIFA 12 it is until Friday.

Dispatching Soon gives the possibility it might dispatch today still I guess. My estimate is Thursday, so... that's great.

I only switched on Saturday, because fucking ShopTo won't deliver to any other address than the one assigned to your debit card for the first few deliveries. Grr.

Dennis

Banned
So I can't holster on PC?

Well, that makes sense what with all the keys on the keyboard already taken up by other functions.

Napophis

The problem with importing the save game from ME is because the file structure is different.

Put your ME2 save file in:

documents/bioware/mass effect 2/save/characterfolder

as it stands now it most likely looks like this:

documents/bioware/mass effect 2/characterfolder

Which is why the game can't locate it.

Snookie

quick question. I copied over my save from ME1-ME2 and my level started out at 26. I'm pretty sure my ME2 character was higher than that. Does that sound right?

And some people say FOV doesn't matter. Hah!
Textures are still a bit muddy though, maybe there will be a highres texture pack someday.

Also, I just found a new pistol, and my god, it's delicious. It shoots explosive sticky pellets, and when shot properly, makes enemies explode into a cloud of pink mist. So good.

I read that the FOV modification can mess up the Cut scenes. How much does it mess it up?

Hoo-doo

Banned
I read that the FOV modification can mess up the Cut scenes. How much does it mess it up?

Haven't noticed it, really, but when you max out the FOV, it sometimes pulls a little too far back during the conversations. You can instantly switch from 9 different FOV settings with the numpad though, at any time. I have mine set on 6, and pretty much never switch.

I romanced Liara in ME1 and continued it in Broker, and I was blown away by how well that was handled on Mars. So great that I wanted to immediately play through again without my save just to see how Mars is handled when they're not in love.

One of the reasons this is perhaps my favorite series of any game ever made is that it actually does feel like everything I did in prior games matters and has a visible affect on my present. Brilliant game. Going to be really sad to have it all end, but I'm savoring it while I got it.

spekkeh

Banned
You absolutely CAN holster in ME2. You simply hit the "back" button. I played through the game using that throughout.

It's one of those things that has become progressively worse. In the original, holding X button would holster. Then they moved it to the less convenient back button. Now they've removed it completely.

Oh lol, I was replaying it just then back to back with ME1, and as pressing x didn't do anything I figured it had already been taken out. Still, finished the game without using it.

YUP

T__T

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Maaan.

1rgu6a.jpg

Fuck this poly seam shit. The flickering and random glows are driving me insane. Am I the only person with this problem?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I like the character interactions in the game, but Garry's uses the phrase "the good old days" way too much.

By Garry, you mean Garrus? Haven't meet him yet in ME3, but yeah, even in ME2 i felt like he said "just like old times" a bit too much.

so is anyone else playing an infiltrator in sp? I figured I'd pump whatever I could into making my sniping stupid powerful, but I'm used to playing a soldier (herp derp) and I keep using cloak just for the damage boost. Am I doing it wrong? I think I am.

Derrick01

Banned
It's probably already been posted, but here is Jarrett Lee's explanation, over on the BioWare forums, of the Galactic Readiness and how it effects your ending;

Thanks for this clarification. My OCD was going nuts not seeing the percentages go past 50 no matter what I did. Unfortunately my EMS bar is already close to the minimum, I hope I still have a ton of stuff left to do.

FrontalMonk said:
so is anyone else playing an infiltrator in sp?

Yeah and it's godly. It's so powerful especially if you go for headshots you don't need to cloak unless you're using it to get away or flank someone. On harder difficulties you want to avoid spamming cloak because your health and shields don't regenerate with it on. It can leave you in a bad spot if you're not using it effectively.

Top Bottom