• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

GorillaJu

Oh, OK. I guess I got another artifact that seemed like it was the one I needed.

The guy who wants the pillars is in the refugee camp at the Citadel.

I know who my favorite party member is. Gratuitous ass in front of camera all day long.

I'm about 12 hours in, and dangerously close to having the money for the Spectre shotgun (Wraith). I stupidly upgraded my first shotgun to level 7. Waste of money. Oh well. God help us all, when I get the Wraith.

inky

I just don't get one thing.
Why did they feel the need to sex up the females in this game so goddamn much. There are more double-D cup sets of breasts onboard my Normandy than there are goddamn assault rifles.
I'm not one to complain about things like this, but it's starting to get a bit weird. The tits of my personal assistant are constantly clipping into her hands and arms, as if they just set the boob slider to 10, and called it a day.

Even goddamn EDI is a hot, big-breasted robotic vixen now, Miranda's ass has gotten even more gigantic, and Ashley's and Liara's women-parts have ballooned up just like the rest.

I haven't even found the rest of the old squad yet, but I fully expect them to be the same. Is there something in the water in the ME universe?

Low gravity environments allows for females to develop bigger and firmer tits, plus bras, DNA modifications and surgery have come a long way. This is a Hard Sci Fi universe, not some Barbarella shit :p

So much awesome shit happened in the past 3 hours. The reviewers weren't lying when they said the game picks up around the 15 hour mark. The game was already hella good once I got past the intro, but it keeps getting better with every mission.

I want to talk about it all, but I'll just put the highlights. Mid-game spoilers by the way.

ME3 is going to be almost a completely different game with my Renegade Shepard. I can't even begin to think what it will be like when I do my Genocide run in ME2. I'm seeing that the ambition of a branching story across three games is finally paying off. I'm seeing that War Assets is the representation of all the past and present decisions I've made. It's a great system, and I can't wait to see how the final battle will end up for me.

First gah, the perils of quoting spoilers, I literally had to roll my eyes up to avoid reading things.

Second, I really regret not saving my ME2 saves I had before selling my 360. Luckily I have the PC version of all three. I know I can edit an ME2 file, but I really don't feel likely restarting.

I will say I do love War Assets, it actually makes sense in the concept of galactic conflict and feels more tangible than simply getting Group "A" to show up "with their forces." I like the detail. I just wish you could check War Assets from other parts of the game/menu and that forces were also added to the codex.

moop1167

I think I was able to pick up like 2 sidequests the first time I landed there. You start picking up a LOT of sidequests after the first Citadel visit and after completing the first mission.

Are you sure?
I walked around and talked to everyone, listened to some people talking but it wouldn't let me engage in anything, and only had access to a few places. Not a single sidequest popped up for me.

Guess that's not really a spoiler.

Are you sure?
I walked around and talked to everyone, listened to some people talking but it wouldn't let me engage in anything, and only had access to a few places. Not a single sidequest popped up for me.

Guess that's not really a spoiler.

I could be mistaken. I guess you just have to complete the first mission then.
Palaven moon

hwalker84

LMAO, spoilers about EDI (early in the game)
anybody just burst out laughing at Shepard's face when EDI said "I only forget to recycle the Normandy's oxygen if I find some reaaally intriguing Shepard"..."that was a joke" or something like that. Perfect cringing WTF face there by Shep XD.

Yes that part was hilarious.

Man, I'm fixing my FOV as soon as I get home. Fuck why do I have the ability to leave work early (granted I have Friday off, and I was able to play the game early).

Is there a way to to it with out a fan patch?

Does any have sound issues with the default volume settings? I'm trying to balance it so music and FX aren't too loud. I can tell you the
Reaper Approaching[/quote] music scares the crap out of me and my cat, but other sounds like a Relay Gate jump are overly loud. I'm just trying to find a good balance for sound, music, and voice. Any suggestions?

Dave_6

To any PS3 ME2 players that carried over a save; am I the only one where none of the armor carried over and I have to buy it all this time? The only armor I have currently is the badass Reckoning armor and the default armor and I had ALL the armor in ME2.

Yes that part was hilarious.

Haha.

image.png

LMAO there it is.

Well so far so good, still early in. But the cutscenes are odd, some are fantastic, good acting, good camera work/directing. But then some of the cutscenes are some of the worst in the series, really odd paced dialogue, acting, and horrible lip synch.

Maybe it's been asked but shouldn't all spoiler discussions go in the spoiler thread.

There was a spoiler meltdown in the reviews thread and it's scary entering here

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maybe it's been asked but shouldn't all spoiler discussions go in the spoiler thread.

Spoilers in here are very minor, if you're going to be mad knowing the Citadel is in the game(duh), well maybe you shouldn't be here. lol

Dennis

Banned

EatChildren can probably answer that when he is done trying to enable AA on his PC computer.

Trey

If you decide to destroy Maelon's genophage data,
Wrex does not let that shit go. Well done, really brings more tension to the game.

-viper-

Banned
Okay I've decided I want to buy the PC version of ME3 instead of the PS3 one.

But I remember playing ME2 on PC and the graphics looked much better. Why do the graphics look shit on this game?

What is the word regarding a high-resolution texture pack?

Are the graphics actually better looking than ME2 and the console ME3 verisons, or are they the same?

kai3345

Banned
I'm liking how the questgivers like Wreav and that Turian dude stick around to give you multiple quests, instead of just "LOL Gonna give you one quest and then never talk to you again"

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

But I remember playing ME2 on PC and the graphics looked much better. Why do the graphics look shit on this game?

Are the graphics actually better looking than ME2 and the console ME3 verisons, or are they the same?

Been playing ME3 PC all evening yesterday, and it look as good or better in some cases than ME2. Except the intro with Earth. I dunno, the city just looks very...plain and ugly. But outside of that, it's actually pretty good.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not that save editor works on the PC version/does anyone happen to have the link to it? I want to start a Fem shepard but dont really want to redo me 2 at this point :/

Can't speak for the PC version, but ME3 on 360 blows away anything in ME2.

Jeff-DSA

Did anybody else get screwed by Buy.com?

I had my preorder canceled on the CE this morning. I had options to buy it yesterday at Amazon.com, but since my order was marked as "in processing" by Buy.com I didn't. Then I wake up this morning and I see that I had an email telling me that my preorder had been canceled and that they had refunded my money.

So basically Buy.com took my money for a preorder and then they waited until a day AFTER release to cancel the preorder. What a joke. Now I can't get the CE anywhere as it's all sold out.

I'll never, ever use Buy.com again. I'm not alone in this either, as I've seen other people complaining elsewhere. What's more infuriating is that their preorders weren't even first come first served. Some guy on Reddit placed his preorder last week and his copy shipped.

I'll never stray from Amazon.com again. If I can't get it there, I'll pass.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not that save editor works on the PC version/does anyone happen to have the link to it? I want to start a Fem shepard but dont really want to redo me 2 at this point :/

Just do what I'm going to do: finish game with your canon male Shep and replay game with a downloaded save that involves almost everyone dying in ME2 and renegade choices everywhere.

Hoo-doo

Banned

If you have the PC to run it, ME3 looks gorgeous, and the added bonus of playing the games at 60FPS is worth it.

Sober

Anybody else getting weird neon flickering on the edges of some polyongs? It flickers very rapidly as I move around.
Yeah I got lazy and just tried forcing regular 4x MSAA in RadeonPro like I did before but I got that too (though not as noticeably bad as yours). The default FXAA is okay I suppose, I don't really notice the blurring that badly (though they do kinda just abuse DOF in general during cutscenes)

Please tell me we see Jack more than that first time. And before the ending.
Yeah I met her again on the Citadel (if that's a spoiler)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So it appears I can remove the odd poly edge shimmering/glittering...by using sparse grid supersampling.

I get between 50 and 60 fps with 2xSGSS. I'd really prefer a constant 60, but I'm looking at FXAA to do that, or settings identical to Dennis with fluctuations. Annoying as they are, it looks a billion leagues better than what FXAA produces, so I'll stick with it.

As for spoilers, discussing them here are okay as long as they're tagged appropriately and you word yourself well enough so that people know the context of your spoilers. Spoiler threads are often tagless, and sometimes people want to discuss content before finishing the game.

So yes, discuss spoils here prior to finishing the game, just make sure you tag 'em and give them context to prevent accidental highlight.

zonezeus

So, after switching from shitty PS3 version to PC version I'm actually starting to like this game. Still, it's probably the last BioWare game I buy, I feel like a cheated idiot for buying it on PS3. Seriously, my 4-years-old laptop handles this game better than my PS3. Talk about some poor optimalisation.

Finally got into this last night.

Is it me, or were there more lines in the intro than in the same portion covered in the demo? There were 2 or 3 comments of Anderson's that I felt made the conversation feel more informative and less random/idiotic. It didn't really help the intro feel less like a giant plothole, but it bothered me a lot less.

But then of course I was also surprised how much less problem I had with the intro when I knew I was really playing my Shepard again. I must just be more excited to be playing the finished game now.

Personally, I found the game started feeling more interesting as soon as I got off of Earth. After playing ME1 again last week, the game is so much more impressive to look at on 360, and my Vanguard Femshep already feels a bit better than she did in ME2. I had a lot of issues with how Pull worked in 2, not in this. Also, Charge > Nova feels so right, love the new skill.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally got into this last night.

Is it me, or were there more lines in the intro than in the same portion covered in the demo? There were 2 or 3 comments of Anderson's that I felt made the conversation feel more informative and less idiotic. It didn't really help the intro feel less like a giant plothole, but it bothered me a lot less.

Yes, Anderson, and a couple of other characters, reference a lot more than they do in the demo. I still think the intro could have been a lot better, but I was very happy to hear them reference the events of Arrival.

Moaradin

So, after switching from shitty PS3 version to PC version I'm actually starting to like this game. Still, it's probably the last BioWare game I buy, I feel like a cheated idiot for buying it on PS3. Seriously, my 4-years-old laptop handles this game better than my PS3. Talk about some poor optimalisation.

Your 4 year old laptop probably has better hardware than your PS3 lmao.

Sober

Is it just me or am I crazy for wanting to carry around an unmodded M3 Predator and M8 Avenger for cutscene consistency? (Not that it matters that your Shepard will attempt to put away a pistol in the AR slot of their suit)

edit: Okay, so time to make a hard save, I have just over 4100 EMS (60% GR), so I think I'm about to start the last act of the game, gonna assume I don't get many assets to grab left. Let's see what happens! (whether or not I broke the threshold for "good" endings)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. The PS3 port is simply unacceptable in 2012. Most other UE3 games have managed to stack up very well against the 360 versions in the last year so it's kind of surprising to find ME3 in such poor condition.

I just went for the 360 version to keep my Shepard going and to enjoy the game using a gamepad. Otherwise I would have went PC.

Kaizer

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to download the Digital Soundtrack on the Bioware Social Network? I already redeemed my Online Pass yesterday and I synced up my EA/BSN Account with ME3 yesterday as well. Still not seeing where to go.

Been up to 2:00 AM playing this game two nights in a row. It's fucking awesome.

About 6-7 hours in, just saw Joker
out in the Citadel Presidium and had a convo with EDI about romance. I really hope Bioware listened to the shippers out there and Joker gets his robo loving on just for the lols.

Been up to 2:00 AM playing this game two nights in a row. It's fucking awesome.

About 6-7 hours in, just saw Joker
out in the Citadel Presidium and had a convo with EDI about romance. I really hope Bioware listened to the shippers out there and Joker gets his robo loving on just for the lols.

Haven't gotten that much farther than you, but I can already tell that will probably happen lol.

Moaradin

I'm 18 hours in and I've only done 2 main missions after the tutorial sections. The side quest are very good in this game. I did one last night that felt very Alien like and pulled on my heart strings a little towards the end. Pretty cool that my favorite mission so far is optional.

A lot of the previous characters from ME1/ME2 that I didn't like seem a lot better in this.

So has anyone heard of any time limit triggers that occur in the game. I just want to know so I don't trigger it before completing my side quests. Anyone hear about time related limits on war asset scanning?

Top Bottom