• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Sober

So has anyone heard of any time limit triggers that occur in the game. I just want to know so I don't trigger it before completing my side quests. Anyone hear about time related limits on war asset scanning?
In the mid game after you finish all the Priority missions on Tuchanka,
the Citadel is attacked by Cerberus
, it seems like a good bunch of sidequests just don't work anymore. Most of these are fetch quests but they do provide some war assets. So I assume that's what people meant by "do fetch quests ASAP", no that they have some internal hidden timer.

Kem0sabe

Can't speak for the PC version, but ME3 on 360 blows away anything in ME2.

Graphically the game is ok, a lot of shitty textures but the artistic direction is spot on.

One thing, graphics wise, that i can´t let go tho, and this applies to most games these days... why the fucking compression on the videos? In this day and age of glorious HD, why do we have to put up with very poor quality FMV?

Hoo-doo

Banned
People dying spoilers, mid game:
Mordin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Udina
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Did you kill mordin? I just had to, and the game made sure I felt REAL FUCKING BAD about it, jesus christ. Almost want to reload my save.

:(((((

In the mid game after you finish all the Priority missions on Tuchanka,
the Citadel is attacked by Cerberus
, it seems like a good bunch of sidequests just don't work anymore. Most of these are fetch quests but they do provide some war assets. So I assume that's what people meant by "do fetch quests ASAP", no that they have some internal hidden timer.

Good to know. I just finished
The Space Cannon
mission there. I don't think it was a Priority one, but I think it's time to work on the fetch quests (if only to clear out some of the backlog). I'm surprised I'm so close to mid-game. The main Planet quests don't even seem that long. Good thing it's only mid-game as I saw a list of planets and thought I was somehow closer to the end.

.GqueB.

Banned
I'm 18 hours in and I've only done 2 main missions after the tutorial sections. The side quest are very good in this game. I did one last night that felt very Alien like and pulled on my heart strings a little towards the end. Pretty cool that my favorite mission so far is optional.

A lot of the previous characters from ME1/ME2 that I didn't like seem a lot better in this.

They don't punish you for doing side missions this time do they? ~_~

Kaizer

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to download the Digital Soundtrack on the Bioware Social Network? I already redeemed my Online Pass yesterday and I synced up my EA/BSN Account with ME3 yesterday as well. Still not seeing where to go.

Anyone? All my other Collectors Edition stuff is unlocked, accept the soundtrack.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would. FXAA looks bad.

And w/r/t the memory limitations: they could have just cut it for the console versions then plopped it in the pc version for holstering.

Who knows, maybe the holstering animation still exist somewhere in a dark corner of the ME3 engine and some nice ME fan will find a way to grab it and bind a key to it so PC users can do it.

I know, keep dreaming.

Kaizer

Banned
It's giving me a "no download found" when I try and download the soundtrack.

wut
I keep getting this on the site: "You don't seem to be a registered owner of the Collector's Edition or Digital Deluxe version of Mass Effect 3. If you feel this to be in error, please try the following."

inky

GOD DAMN WHY DO I HIGHLIGHT SPOILERS IM SO WEAK :(((((

At least you didn't do what I did, which was going into the spoiler thread thinking it was this one and taking like 10 minutes of reading posts to realize what I was doing, lol. Now I'll just buy the game on Christmas when I've forgotten all about it XP

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Got an email from Tesco (UK) today saying my copy's been shipped. Doubt it'll get to me by tomorrow but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! Looking forward to trawling through all this thread when I eventually beat the game.

Well I can confirm that the Gibbed editor seems to work. Found a save from the save site and tweaked it to my liking, allowed me to import but idk if there will be problems til later on. Back to my Male Paragon playthrough :D

.GqueB.

Banned
GOD DAMN WHY DO I HIGHLIGHT SPOILERS IM SO WEAK :(((((

I wish people would be more clear about what theyre spoiling so this thread wont feel like such a minefield. A simple statement like "I have a question about the middle of the game" or "I have a question about one of the character deaths at the middle of the game" would help. At least then I know NOT to click it. Where as now, my curiosity tends to get the best of me because they are so vague.

I've been staying out of the ME3 threads, haven't watched any trailers or video footage, haven't played the demo, but...

the CE is being delivered today and I cannot wait. Lucy Shepard rides again.

bigace33

The game is starting off good, but man, it has a lot to live up to. Finished up ME 2 last night with all the dlc and it was one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. I'm on my first mission on ME 3 and so far it feels good. Quick question, how do I access my amazon exclusive assault rifle? I don't see it anywhere. I have already entered the code.

The game is starting off good, but man, it has a lot to live up to. Finished up ME 2 last night with all the dlc and it was one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. I'm on my first mission on ME 2 and so far it feels good. Quick question, how do I access my amazon exclusive assault rifle? I don't see it anywhere. I have already entered the code.

Been playing for about 9 hours so far and it's already better than the first 9 hours of ME2 for me.

I believe the Argus should be there as soon as you can choose your weapons...mine was.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wish people would be more clear about what theyre spoiling so this thread wont feel like such a minefield. A simple statement like "I have a question about the middle of the game" or "I have a question about one of the character deaths at the middle of the game" would help. At least then I know NOT to click it. Where as now, my curiosity tends to get the best of me because they are so vague.

That's what they're SUPPOSED to do, I don't know why people have so much problem marking spoilers.

Na I'm just taking my time and doing all the sidequest before doing main missions. Doing all the sidequest is a good thing because you get war assets.

Sounds like how I play the ME games. I want to prolong them as much as possible and the sidequests are so good that I only venture into the main quest when I have to.

I am loving using kinect to issue commands. Not only is it better than bringing up the radial it's also more immersive.

Finally after owning the device for over a year it has a use!

Kem0sabe

Liara T'Soni
Ashley Williams
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy
Miranda Lawson
Jack
Diana Allers
Steven Cortez
Kelly Chambers
Kaidan Alenko

Liara T'Soni - Alien Mind Raper
Ashley Williams - Transgendered Shemale
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy - Photoshoped British Refugee (yes it´s true)
Miranda Lawson - Chuck is gonna intersect your ass
Jack - Overall the most hated companion from ME2, horrible horrible romance.
Diana Allers - Who?
Steven Cortez - homosexual option
Kelly Chambers - \o/
Kaidan Alenko - homosexual option

Good and varied choices overall...

Hoo-doo

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Traynor
is a lesbian
. There goes my hopes.

The actual first line that comes out of her mouth when you meet her is
"Hurr durr, EDI, your voice is so attractive *Blush* *giggle*"
or something like that.

That didn't ring some bells? I was laughing at how silly and obvious that comment was. :)

.GqueB.

Banned
Na I'm just taking my time and doing all the sidequest before doing main missions. Doing all the sidequest is a good thing because you get war assets.

Yea thats what I do as well which has me worried. I did it in ME2. I did all the side quests, scanned EVERY planet like a good rpg player should. And then in the end I got a big fuck you from Bioware when they basically said "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THOSE BECAUSE THIS!!!". Has me a bit wary.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Been listening to the soundtrack.. after all the hoopla about Clint Mansell orchestrating it.. he's only credited with two songs, one of which is co-produced with Sam Hulik? Meh

still an amazing soundtrack, just talk about marketing banging their drum

JambiBum

Did you kill mordin? I just had to, and the game made sure I felt REAL FUCKING BAD about it, jesus christ. Almost want to reload my save.

:(((((

No I didn't.

If you let him fix everything the tower ends up exploding and killing him anyway

:(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yea thats what I do as well which has me worried. I did it in ME2. I did all the side quests, scanned EVERY planet like a good rpg player should. And then in the end I got a big fuck you from Bioware when they basically said "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THOSE BECAUSE THIS!!!". Has me a bit wary.

Well, it made sense in ME2 though if you think about it.

"Hey guys, our entire crew was abducted, they're going to get killed if we don't go save them." - Shepard

*Goes spending 10 hours doing N7 missions and other sidequests*

bigace33

Huh? What happened? I did the same and saved everyone. I made sure I did everything before activating the IFF though. I'm hoping 3 rewards you for grinding most of the side missions just like 2 did.

bengraven

Speaking of Jack,
I love her new tattoo. Sure you don't get to see it, but Shep gets overcome for a Paragon-fueled PDA immediately after hearing about it.

He's sitting there thinking
"damn, I get to see N7 when we're having sex"

At least mine was because he's a sex freak space Jesus and he lurvs that grrl.

.GqueB.

Banned
Just wanted to mention how amazing the combat is in this game. I never understood why everyone felt the combat in 2 was so better than 1. I personally never saw much of a difference. But 3 is a whole different level.

First off, I'm playing as an Adept. In the second game, the description says they can win fights without even using their guns but that was never the case. The cool downs sucked. In three its so quick it's ridiculous (not sure how it is for other classes though). All I use is a pistol an Im basically fine.

Transitioning from cover to cover is easy and seamless as shit. Such a great experience. I might turn up the difficulty though. Combat seems a little easy on normal.

ShaneB

Well, it made sense in ME2 though if you think about it.

"Hey guys, our entire crew was abducted, they're going to get killed if we don't go save them." - Shepard

*Goes spending 10 hours doing N7 missions and other sidequests*

This is what I am noticing early on, what was missing in 2, how urgent everything feels. The sidequests are starting to pop up for me now that I'm a few hours in, but they feel exactly as they should, side quests. The real hook is the main story, knowing how important it is to save the galaxy and all that good stuff.

Ashley Williams - Transgendered Shemale

massive_wtf.gif

Feature

Banned
So if you start a new campaign with a mass effect 2 save you can't change the face? can someone please answer this question?

Top Bottom