• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

.GqueB.

Banned
Huh? What happened? I did the same and saved everyone. I made sure I did everything before activating the IFF though. I'm hoping 3 rewards you for grinding most of the side missions just like 2 did.

I made the mistake of triggering the relay before I finished all the sidequests. So if you take too long to go through, your entire crew gets liquified basically (not the main characters mind you). All the ones who got taken.

Well, it made sense in ME2 though if you think about it.

"Hey guys, our entire crew was abducted, they're going to get killed if we don't go save them." - Shepard

*Goes spending 10 hours doing N7 missions and other sidequests*

Yea but the urgency wasn't there. Like at all. The game gave me the feeling that everything was fine. Not to mention NOTHING else in the game was treated with such urgency. I've waited to do story missions plenty of times with no consequence. Then aaaaaaall of sudden they introduce this invisible timer. If you're gonna do something like that be consistent.

bigace33

So if you start a new campaign with a mass effect 2 save you can't change the face? can someone please answer this question?
Well, it's not exact, but ME3 did get close to my characters face. I had to do about a minute or two of tweaking and I had my exact shep from ME2.

This is what I am noticing early on, what was missing in 2, how urgent everything feels. The sidequests are starting to pop up for me now that I'm a few hours in, but they feel exactly as they should, side quests. The real hook is the main story, knowing how important it is to save the galaxy and all that good stuff.

Yeah a really good example is the opening up of the Citadel after your first visit
you can clearly see the signs of conflict, and I love the refugee camps using cargo containers. You can tell the galaxy is fucked, even with The Citadel being insular to a large extent

Kem0sabe

massive_wtf

Tsk, Tsk, you shouldnt be highlighting spoilers, gona get your self spoilered :)

No it´s not true, but would be fun if it was no? Gota keep all options open Bioware :D

Argh those black boxes are so appealing. Spoiled lots for myself :( Still not loads, but particularly something about my favourite character.

I'm a fucking idiot :)

ShaneB

Well, it's not exact, but ME3 did get close to my characters face. I had to do about a minute or two of tweaking and I had my exact shep from ME2.

My femshep has turned into a terrible two-face :( Looks great sometimes, and god awful with poor lighting. It's driving me crazy :(

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The actual first line that comes out of her mouth when you meet her is
"Hurr durr, EDI, your voice is so attractive *Blush* *giggle*"
or something like that.

That didn't ring some bells? I was laughing at how silly and obvious that comment was. :)

I just chalked it up as a joke or something. I had one thing on my mind dammit.

Oh well, I guess I'll resort back to Miranda. I would jump ship to Tali, but I'm saving that for another playthrough.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I had to recreate from scratch, because I've been using the same Shep since ME1, and I'm surprised I managed to recreate his face to a large extent. His eyes are slightly different, but I was pretty surprised it worked out so well.

Deadstar

It is absolutely mind boggling that I can't import my ME1 face in ME3. How could Bioware overlook this issue? I tried recreating my dude but he just didn't look the same. It felt so awkward to play as some new random guy. I don't want to go to all the trouble of trying the fix in the op so I hope they patch the game. It's ridiculous.

I had to recreate from scratch, because I've been using the same Shep since ME1, and I'm surprised I managed to recreate his face to a large extent. His eyes are slightly different, but I was pretty surprised it worked out so well.

Did the exact same thing with the exact same result. Eyes are a little weird but everything else is perfect.

Argh those black boxes are so appealing. Spoiled lots for myself :( Still not loads, but particularly something about my favourite character.

I'm a fucking idiot :)

George Stobbart is supposed to have a penchant for picking up random shiny objects, not for highlighting black rectangular boxes! Control yourself man.

Elginer

Graphically the game is ok, a lot of shitty textures but the artistic direction is spot on.

One thing, graphics wise, that i can´t let go tho, and this applies to most games these days... why the fucking compression on the videos? In this day and age of glorious HD, why do we have to put up with very poor quality FMV?

That was my first thought as well to some of the FMV I first saw. I was like really, you need to compress this shit on PC. DAMMIT!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This game is pretty good I guess.

How often are you guys using LT to scan systems for war assets? Does it scan the whole system or is it more of a proximity type thing?

Yes...I am afraid to press it.

.GqueB.

Banned
Can we delete some of these damned Mass Effect threads. There are four. I keep popping into the spoiler thread by mistake.

Feature

Banned

Thing is I wanted to download a ME2 save and edit it to the same values as my PS3 save. but I don't want someone elses lame sheppard.

Muffdraul

How often are you guys using LT to scan systems for war assets? Does it scan the whole system or is it more of a proximity type thing?

Yes...I am afraid to press it.

I pressed it once. Nothing happened. Good or bad.

But yes it was scary and I may never press it again!

*goes to talk to them*

"Hey commander, that thing you did last mission was tough blah blah blah"

"I know Ash/Kaiden; good to have you on board"

"We'll defeat the Reapers blah blah blah"

"Talk to you later"

:|

The hell? Is this after
they get out of the hospital?
Because they have a lot to say while they're
on bedrest

Derrick01

Banned
You do have a few actual interactions with them but it's not as often as the rest of the crew. I think it's clear Bioware didn't wanna do lines for both characters.

That kind of dialogue is on almost every member of the crew most of the time. But like you said there are times when there will be actual scenes with every one of them.

I do like that everyone has something new to say a lot of the time. If they're going the Zaeed route like they have been in this game, it's better than them saying the same thing for hours on end until you reach the point where there's an actual interaction.

Let's just say Bioware blew their load on that part.

I'll have to see this for myself. You sure they don't hang out on the Citadel like all the rest of the crewmates? You can have conversations with your crewmates pretty often on the Citadel after you complete certain missions.

LosDaddie

Banned
So, if I've been using the same Shepard since ME1, then I'm going to have to recreate his face in ME3? Is that correct? ME3 doesn't do the simple save import like ME2 did?

Kem0sabe

So out of character having

Freddie_Prinze_Jr._in_Scooby-Doo_2:_Monsters_Unleashed_Wallpaper_8_800.jpg

Calling me "Loco" all the time.

They could have done so much better with Vega. Machete guy anyone? Forgot the name damnit!

Top Bottom