• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

TheExodu5

Banned
Well fuck me...this game is a huge step up from ME2, isn't it?

Okay I've decided I want to buy the PC version of ME3 instead of the PS3 one.

But I remember playing ME2 on PC and the graphics looked much better. Why do the graphics look shit on this game?

What is the word regarding a high-resolution texture pack?

Are the graphics actually better looking than ME2 and the console ME3 verisons, or are they the same?

The textures are kind of poor in both games, but I notice the character armor textures are better this time around. The game look better than ME2, overall (well, after I disabled that awful motion blur and enabled 16x AF).

dankir

I read on the official Mass Effect 3 forums they are working on a patch or at least looking into the issue on face importing. I just feel disconnected from my Shepard that I've grown to love from ME1 and ME2. I spent about 45 minutes trying to recreate him. Best I could do, I think his face is a bit too fat and eyebrows and forehead are off, eyes are too small in ME3 but hopefully it's just temporary.

Still doesn't feel the same though :(

ME1 / ME2 Shepard front

IMG_20120306_233554.jpg

ME3 imposter Shepard front

IMG_20120307_012134.jpg

Side profile comparisons

ME1 / ME2

IMG_20120306_233606.jpg

ME3

IMG_20120307_012147.jpg

Solo

I'll kiss EatChildren's ass if Bioware actually does anything about the face issue. Linking to fanmade stuff.....:lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lighting does it for me. Textures are still ass but the improved lighting engine is gorgeous. Larger scale maps make for crazy pretty skyboxes and set pieces.

And though I was initially taken back, the stripped back character dialogue isn't all that big of a deal. Zaeed/Kasumi were impossible to engage in conversation after their mission. Though this is kind of similar, in they have automated post-mission responses, they seem to also have a lot of contextual dialogue for some missions, or when on the Citadel. I actually like the way it flows. I don't need to engage in huge branching "SO WHAT IS YOUR HISTORY?" rants with characters I already know.

If it were literally like one big Zaeed/Kasumi thing I'd be bummed, but there's...more to it. It's similar, but not the same. And there's other 'stuff' with other characters thrown in for good measure.

And yes. This really feels like what ME2 should have been.

I'll kiss EatChildren's ass if Bioware actually does anything about the face issue. Linking to fanmade stuff.....:lol

It's like a ban bet that I don't want to remember.

Dennis

Banned
I am still not far in the game but it does feel superior to ME2 so far.

Can't wait to be disappointed by all the grimdark planets I bet I will be visiting later.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are there more awesome skyboxes like
Palaven's moon
later on?

What about synth musics like
Mars
?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*enjoys Mass Effect 3*
*power goes out*
*is now typing from phone*

watership

Is there any downside from importing a high level ME2 character? I think I had 40 or so points to distribute. Will I top out early? Ruin the progression experience at all?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Is there any downside from importing a high level ME2 character? I think I had 40 or so points to distribute. Will I top out early? Ruin the progression experience at all?

Just finished the game with my imported ME2 character. Started out at level 30 and ended up at around 54, with the cap being 60.

Derrick01

Banned
http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/g4/Jessica_Chobot_Lick_PSP.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Dat makeup. It looks like I could run my finger across her cheek and come up with enough to makeup to cover my entire face.

And her character has really bored me so far. Virtually nothing to say ever since I came across her.

moop1167

Dammit, Dennis. I gave you the SGSSAA compatibility bits last night!

For those of you that just want to force normal AA, you can use the ME2 flags, as they work fine.

Pollux

Dat makeup. It looks like I could run my finger across her cheek and come up with enough to makeup to cover my entire face.

And her character has really bored me so far. Virtually nothing to say ever since I came across her.

Since I invited her onto the ship the only thing she says every time I speak to her is, "Is it time for me to go?" Worthless character so far. Granted I've only done the
Turian moon and Grisham Academy
missions.

JambiBum

I am pretty sure that Chobot is the worst character model in the game. Every time she looks back at the camera at the end of an interview it looks like she is in the middle of a stroke.

Kem0sabe

5 minutes to go till i clock out at work, wife comes to pick me up, i go to walk the dog, i cook dinner, go jogging, take shower, have some quality time with wife, get to play ME3 for an hour!!!!

When i was living at my parent´s things were much simpler :(

Dresden

I can't tell if they upped enemy damage on Insanity or it's because the scaling went haywire thanks to me importing a lvl 30. Getting exposed for more than half a second is death right now.

Solo

I am pretty sure that Chobot is the worst character model in the game. Every time she looks back at the camera at the end of an interview it looks like she is in the middle of a stroke.

Mosts of Bioware's models have similar things going on. I've never been sure if the culprit is the models or the lighting, but there is always a ton of facial jank in Bioware titles.

Pollux

5 minutes to go till i clock out at work, wife comes to pick me up, i go to walk the dog, i cook dinner, go jogging, take shower, have some quality time with wife, get to play ME3 for an hour!!!!

When i was living at my parent´s things were much simpler :(

Cut jogging, shower, and tell your wife you need alone time....also get chinese delivery. add around 3+ hours to playtime. You can thank me later.

I can't tell if they upped enemy damage on Insanity or it's because the scaling went haywire thanks to me importing a lvl 30. Getting exposed for more than half a second is death right now.

if it's anything like ME2 it's because of your level. ME2 was stupid hard if you didn't start fresh, just because at the beginning you don't have any upgrades.

watership

I find the game itself to be top notch, and so far, brilliant. But the EA pre-order bonus exclusives, codes and etc... it's just disgusting.

moop1167

Hmm there's a value in the Coalesced.ini file called "busemaxqualitymode = false"

Anyone have any idea what that does? I have the editor open for ME2 and that line isn't in there anywhere.

EatChildren

Sure is dark and quiet here.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, you guys know those '2 days of XBL' slips that come with the game?

Mine does not have a code printed on it.
Photoon2012-03-07at1036.jpg

Joke's on me.

What the hell is with her outfit? Is it bizarre future formal wear, bathing suit, sports braoutfit, or ghetto imitation military gear (which would be an insightful parody...I suspect not).

Still the concept is fine (reporter), but why are ratings an issue for her when the planet is going to be destroyed and the galaxy is under attack. I mean of course other viewers exist, but then again maybe she is an idiot.

Also as of midpoint in the game. What do people thing is going on at Earth? This isn't spoilers as much as speculation. I mean how long does it take for the Reapers to wipe out one planet and are they only attacked military and then going to harvest mode?

One thing that was neat is that despite it being the future
missile silos
still exist under I guess nation states, which do exist in ME (early colonization was done by them and several docs imply numerous confederation states vs a Star Trek world (which honestly seems a lot more likely than a one world gov). .

Glad I went with the PC version, the fights seem faster than ME2 somehow.

Unexpected-semi-boss-enemy-that-reminds-me-of-a-character-from-another-series was a pretty cool surprise. The whole bit was done really well, dude even looked kinda live-action at times.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
*enjoys Mass Effect 3*
*power goes out*
*is now typing from phone*

My power went out yesterday just after I installed Mass Effect 3. It was out for a good hour before I had a chance to finally play.

RedStep

Mosts of Bioware's models have similar things going on. I've never been sure if the culprit is the models or the lighting, but there is always a ton of facial jank in Bioware titles.

Agreed. The strange part is that I think the non-human races (Asari, Turian, Solarian, etc) generally look excellent. Even back to ME1, they looked great. The humans are getting better, but still look funky. Kasumi is the exception, but mostly because she has other things that help (like the hood).

Since I invited her onto the ship the only thing she says every time I speak to her is, "Is it time for me to go?" Worthless character so far. Granted I've only done the
Turian moon and Grisham Academy
missions.

That's a bit premature to say then, isn't it? Do more missions and come back and talk to her.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just had a the best bro moment with Garrus.
Having a shooting contest, and letting him win on purpose.
It led to some hilarious lines. The crew interactions are definitely the best ever, and it's mostly because I've gotten to know them over three games.

EatChildren

Shepard's face after a certain EDI convo made me laugh out loud.

I don't know why, but I picked up one of those email thingies that are lying around on Mars and cracked up when someone addressed another person as
stupidhead

Hawk269

Just finished the game with my imported ME2 character. Started out at level 30 and ended up at around 54, with the cap being 60.

It'a amazing how fast some of you guys can finish a game like this. So what was you overall feelings of the game compared to the other 2 without spoilers?

So, IGN's guide says that your galactic readiness doesn't matter for the ending. Here's what they said (I'll spoiler it but there really are zero spoilers other than telling you how many endings there are according to them):
There are 3 different endings for Mass Effect 3 based on a single choice you make in the final stretch. Your Paragon and Renegade status do not matter, nor does your Galactic Readiness rating.

This goes against what I had previously heard, so what's the deal? I thought you had to have your readiness at 100% for the best ending?

So, IGN's guide says that your galactic readiness doesn't matter for the ending. Here's what they said (I'll spoiler it but there really are zero spoilers other than telling you how many endings there are according to them):
There are 3 different endings for Mass Effect 3 based on a single choice you make in the final stretch. Your Paragon and Renegade status do not matter, nor does your Galactic Readiness rating.

This goes against what I had previously heard, so what's the deal? I thought you had to have your readiness at 100% for the best ending?

That makes sense, they always said they you were going to
save the galaxy in the end, whether a dick or angel, it was just how you did it

Just had a the best bro moment with Garrus.
Having a shooting contest, and letting him win on purpose.
It led to some hilarious lines. The crew interactions are definitely the best ever, and it's mostly because I've gotten to know them over three games.

The crew is definitely paired down this time. Actually the whole refit of the Normandy is pretty interesting too.

Top Bottom