• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Well, that fucking blows. She was my love interest in 2 and I know most people didn't like her character but I did.

She's my second favorite character after Ash, so I feel you. But Bioware said each romance has a "satisfying" conclusion, so we'll see.

Zeliard

Only played up to teh first Turian mission after leaving the Citadel & GOTY confirmed.
That one mission as more varied & exciting to play than all of ME2.

I officially went from hate to can't bear to not be playing this game.

The first Turian mission on Palaven was great. I loved the entire atmosphere of it, including the little base they set up.

Plus the gameplay was a lot of fun, if a bit easy, since most of the enemies there were Husks (who only have the red health bar even on Insanity). Made it so fun to just go nuts with various biotic powers as Vanguard, running around spamming Pull, Charging into fools, using the AOE Nova attack, shotgunning point-blank, strong melee'ing the shit out of people. It felt frantic and awesome, and the crazy backdrop/skybox just added to it.

Using a combo of Pull and Vega's Carnage to send an enemy flying, and then having Garrus and Vega shooting at them as they slowly flip around in the air, with the awesome skybox behind them. It was quite the visual feast, and just satisfying.

Speaking of the red health bar, I've noticed many enemies who only have that now, even on Insanity. So those of you who didn't want to play on Insanity previously because it gave every enemy layers of shields, it looks like they tweaked that now, at least in the early going. Makes a lot of biotic powers more useful since you don't have to remove their defenses first now.

Dunno what happens if you import a level 30 guy, though.

You know what guys?

Shepard runs like an idiot.

Haha yeah he does. I first noticed how truly bad it looked when you get to the Citadel, since he doesn't have gear on and isn't holstering a weapon. Plus if you're running straight forward and you hit left or right, he doesn't smoothly turn, but does this abrupt 45° turn with like one frame of animation. Was that the case in ME2? Feels jarring now.

You know what guys?

Shepard runs like an idiot.

1707415-best_commander_shepard_super.jpg

Wish I didn't take Chobot onboard, but she's like a war asset, or something.

A war asset worth like 5 points. I'm going to start fresh when I get home tonight (only played for an hour an change, but my shepard face doesn't look anything like his ME1 version so I'm gonna try working on it a little longer to try and get it right) and I'm not picking her up. She looks...really odd. Also, dat stupid looking outfit she's wearing.

Dresden

A war asset worth like 5 points. I'm going to start fresh when I get home tonight (only played for an hour an change, but my shepard face doesn't look anything like his ME1 version so I'm gonna try working on it a little longer to try and get it right) and I'm not picking her up. She looks...really odd. Also, dat stupid looking outfit she's wearing.

Meh, so she's insignificant? Damn.

Also didn't headbutt that other reporter and now she's all chummy with Shepard.

Quick questions..

So I unlocked the Chakram launcher and the Reckoner-Knight armor from playing the Amalur demo with my main account. Will my sub account have access to the stuff unlocked from the demo without playing the actual demo? And how does it work with the From Ashes DLC?

Thanks

careful

So what's the verdict on starting at ME2 level vs. starting back at level 1?
My ME2 Shep is at lvl 27.. Do you still get points to dump into your abilities throughout the game or do you max out early at some point?
Will all your squadmates also be at around your level when they join or do they join at level 1?

Trey

It looks similar, but its not the same thing at all. Keep on hating bro.

Adept Shepard + Liara = Singularity everywhere!

Bioware really took the complaints people had with ME2's biotics seriously. I never touched Insanity again in that game once I 1000/1000'd it, for the reason that it's tedious and severely limits player freedom.

They just unleashed biotics by making enemies' red health stronger, having a wider variety of enemy types to keep the combat challenging, and giving the AI a means of drawing you out of cover. The encounters in ME3 are worlds better than its predecessors.

And for that reason, biotics are once again potent.

Zeliard

So what's the verdict on starting at ME2 level vs. starting back at level 1?
My ME2 Shep is at lvl 27.. Do you still get points to dump into your abilities throughout the game or do you max out early at some point?
Will all your squadmates also be at around your level when they join or do they join at level 1?

Tweak your guy's level to start at 1. So much more fun. Plus you still feel powerful off the bat since Shep is now much quicker and more agile, and your powers recharge MUCH faster than they ever did in the previous games. I'm level 12 or whatever and I feel much stronger than I did at level 30 in ME2.

Plus you level up extremely fast. I did the From Ashes DLC, a single side mission and a single story mission and I'm already close to level 13.

Don't post this shit, thanks.

Just a heads up for any of you who are having issues removing the discs from the Collector Edition's casing: Because of the excess plastic holders, I found using fingernail clippers on the edges smoothed it out and made it much easier to remove the discs. Also, it doesn't make them too loose to the point where you have to worry about them falling out.

Trey

Just a heads up for any of you who are having issues removing the discs from the Collector Edition's casing: Because of the excess plastic holders, I found using fingernail clippers on the edges smoothed it out and made it much easier to remove the discs. Also, it doesn't make them too loose to the point where you have to worry about them falling out.

Good tip. I was deathly afraid I was going to snap the disc in two trying to get it out of the case. You have to push the center inordinately hard to pop the disc out without harm.

Zeliard

Bioware really took the complaints people had with ME2's biotics seriously. I never touched Insanity again in that game once I 1000/1000'd it, for the reason that it's tedious and severely limits player freedom.

They just unleashed biotics by making enemies' red health stronger, having a wider variety of enemy types, and giving the AI a means of drawing you out of cover. The encounters in ME3 are worlds better than its predecessors.

And for that reason, biotics are once again potent.

Yup. It was a great decision on their part. Insanity in ME2 tended to feel like a grind.

Memory limitations on the console apparently, combine with new animations like the melee attack.

I hope that it is not something beyond the scope of modders. Even if they just put in the ME2 animations in its place.

Zeliard

Saying what it is is a spoiler! I just tagged it as spoiler because I expect most people that want to avoid spoilers to just not click on anything tagged as spoiler.

That's not how spoiler tagging works, dude. :p

Spoiler tagging is named as such due to the tags, i.e.
[/.spoiler]

Putting it in the header isn't the most effective thing.

Zeliard

Fuck Vega. Told him to stop saying Loco.

What's your problem PENDEJO?

Yeah Vega grates. He's fun in combat as a compliment to a Vanguard since he's basically a tank, but he's probably not going to go on many missions with me, especially with the other people I have on my team now.

Derrick01

Banned
I have a question about that effective military strength stuff. Does the blue part of the bar represent where you're currently at? Right now it's kind of divided into 3 parts, the blue part, a lightish grey part and a darker grey part. Each one looks to be about 1/3 of the whole thing.

Mindlog

Yup. It was a great decision on their part. Insanity in ME2 tended to feel like a grind.
I actually have a bigger quibble with one of ME3's insanity details.

If you die at the beginning of an encounter the checkpoint load will frequently put you directly in the line of fire. I died once and the reload had me in the line of fire of a very powerful sniper unit. You have to start dodging before the scene is loaded.

I do not like that.

Everything else is pretty good though. Insanity isn't as challenging as multiplayer gold yet.

JambiBum

Just had a the best bro moment with Garrus.
Having a shooting contest, and letting him win on purpose.
It led to some hilarious lines. The crew interactions are definitely the best ever, and it's mostly because I've gotten to know them over three games.

I just did this and it was possibly the greatest moment in any of the three games for me. I can't explain it but the way Garrus delivered that line was so damn amazing. It's the things like that that make this game better than the other two.

I am disappoint. My Shep face wouldn't carry over from ME2. I made a pretty close facsimile, but it looks like he gained weight a bit in the cheeks. I guess it fits.

Dresden

I barely use Shockwave. It's all about sending Singularity into a group and using Throw on floating enemies.

Biotic detonations are so boss in the game. They really went out of their way to make adepts feel more effective here. Warp-throw owns armored units so hard.

I like how shockwave goes through walls and stuff, but Throw's cooldown is so short that it's hard to use Shockwave over it.

exYle

Spoiler after the Tuchanka mission involving The Shroud and Kalros, the mama Thresher Maw (the footage we saw from the 2011 VGAs). Pretty big spoilers, so make sure you don't click:

I want to to talk about Mordin's death scene. Oh my god. That was just amazingly done. Singing the Piratas of Penzance... I can't think of a better way to go. The music there was amazing, as well.

Spoiler for the story sequence on The Citadel when the Salarian Councillor personally asks you to come and investigate something. Also fairly big spoilers.

Thane's fight scene with Kai Leng was absolutely amazing, I'm glad they gave him one last moment of glory. Also, I guessed to myself that Leng would probably be a Phantom boss, and while I have yet to actually fight him, my suspicions appear to have been confirmed. God, I hate phantoms.
I'm also glad I killed Udina. So satisfying.
Man, I'm just all about the deaths today.

My Xbox was stolen and I've had to rebuild my ME2 save in preparation for 3. Simple question, as I am now tired of replaying ME2:

Does Operation Overload, Firewalker, or any of the N7 space missions have any impact on ME3 (Either real story stuff, or emails like ME2's)?

I did everything else, but I really don't want to waste another 5 or 7 hours doing the Overlord and Firewalker missions, and I really don't want to do the N7 stuff.

Is there a list of missions that have impact in ME3, even if barely impactful?

last attempt at an answer for the new page. :/

Top Bottom