• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Kunohara

Just a heads up for any of you who are having issues removing the discs from the Collector Edition's casing: Because of the excess plastic holders, I found using fingernail clippers on the edges smoothed it out and made it much easier to remove the discs. Also, it doesn't make them too loose to the point where you have to worry about them falling out.

Could you explain this a bit more? I'm not quite following what you mean. I would love to fix this because those discs bend at a nasty angle when I'm trying to take it out.

Sober

That kind of dialogue is on almost every member of the crew most of the time. But like you said there are times when there will be actual scenes with every one of them.

I do like that everyone has something new to say a lot of the time. If they're going the Zaeed route like they have been in this game, it's better than them saying the same thing for hours on end until you reach the point where there's an actual interaction.
The only thing I wish they did (which they did with Zaeed and Kasumi) is make them non-interactive when they are speaking because a few times I pressed it again while they paused inbetween lines or something and I missed out.

Just ignore Hobot then and get 5 free points.
If you can stand her, there are some interview sections where she gives you more war points. Not to her, she is still worth 5 but she can possibly upgrade your other war assets.

What's your problem PENDEJO?

Yeah Vega grates. He's fun in combat as a compliment to a Vanguard since he's basically a tank, but he's probably not going to go on many missions with me, especially with the other people I have on my team now.
I actually liked Vega, much more interesting character than ME2 Jacob. Also his lines in the Normandy are pretty good. He's hardly grating IMO. Then again most of his good lines were when he was paired against Garrus, and Garrus usually just makes any squadmate conversation amazing.

I have a question about that effective military strength stuff. Does the blue part of the bar represent where you're currently at? Right now it's kind of divided into 3 parts, the blue part, a lightish grey part and a darker grey part. Each one looks to be about 1/3 of the whole thing.
Default readiness multiplier is 50%, the grey part is what you are missing out on (half or whatever). The blue bar is your current progress, I assume green means you are past the minimum amount regardless of your net score.

Zeliard

One thing still annoying about combat, especially on Insanity: Enemies often act like your teammates don't even exist. They blatantly target you, and it feels like it's to a greater extent than in ME2.

Generally, you have to almost be completely out of the way for enemies to start targetting your team. This was most obvious against the Atlases on Palaven, where they would just come straight for you and literally just walk right by your teammates, oblivious.

Those guys were fun to fight though, haha. They bring some of the new mechanics like the dodge-roll to the forefront, and it works well.

I also generally love the more open levels. You still get the stuff like the conspicous chest-high walls and bits of cover, but the levels (at least so far) are so much more open that flanking is a highly effective and fun tactic.

During the From Ashes mission I had my two people stationed at a certain position as I'd circle completely around the side or the back, through other buildings, to get some flanking action going. In ME2 you could still flank but the levels were generally much smaller and more straightforward, so there were far fewer options there.

I actually have a bigger quibble with one of ME3's insanity details.

If you die at the beginning of an encounter the checkpoint load will frequently put you directly in the line of fire. I died once and the reload had me in the line of fire of a very powerful sniper unit. You have to start dodging before the scene is loaded.

I do not like that.

Everything else is pretty good though. Insanity isn't as challenging as multiplayer gold yet.

Yeah that's happened to me a couple times as well; the game has a tendency to auto-save in strange situations. I've had to rush to cover immediately a couple times. :p

Grisby

last attempt at an answer for the new page. :/
I don't know man. I'm not that far. It'll probably be a bit before someone can compile the full list or whatever.

So far though, 6 hours in, they have only referenced the arrival and shadow broker mission stuff. No N7, firewalker, or Overlord mentioned yet.

CrazyDude

I don't know man. I'm not that far. It'll probably be a bit before someone can compile the full list or whatever.

So far though, 6 hours in, they have only referenced the arrival and shadow broker mission stuff. No N7, firewalker, or Overlord mentioned yet.

Overlord will get mentioned.

Zeliard

I actually liked Vega, much more interesting character than ME2 Jacob. Also his lines in the Normandy are pretty good. He's hardly grating IMO. Then again most of his good lines were when he was paired against Garrus, and Garrus usually just makes any squadmate conversation amazing.

To be honest I haven't had too much interaction with him yet. I'm still super early, having just finished the first story mission. And I imagine Garrus can make anyone more interesting. :p

I'm sure Vega is much better than guys like Kaiden. I did like the
boxing scene
with him. Felt like a small nod to Battlestar Galactica's similar scene.

I think I might have to turn up the combat difficulty (it's on what ever the default is on RPG). While not super easy, equipping a squad with
Plasma Reaper Weapon
just about pretty much makes the game a cakewalk.

VERY LATE game squadmate Normandy conversation spoiler:
Tali and Garrus, an item (my Shep romanced Liara). GREAT.

Liara is a really great companion to Shepard in this game. Her and Garrus really feel like his/her backbone.

Minor spoiler question about a character who shows up at the start of the game:

My brother and friend both had
Thane
send them and email and show up at the Citadel. I did not, any guesses why? I looked through my emails twice and, yeah, never got one. I just finished ME2 so I know everyone was alive. Pisses me off if the game glitched for some reason and thought he died or something. I have no clue.

Derrick01

Banned
Default readiness multiplier is 50%, the grey part is what you are missing out on (half or whatever). The blue bar is your current progress, I assume green means you are past the minimum amount regardless of your net score.

Yeah after this mission I just did that blue part became green, I just passed the minimum part. One third of the way to 100% I guess.

Zeliard

Man I just got Garrus and was planning on him being a staple of my team, but I really don't know now that I have Awesome From Ashes Spoiler Guy and, uh, the other big spoiler person.

Trey

Shockwave is really good for getting a group of enemies out of your face, or to send a little fuck you though walls and cover. I only use pull to remove a Guardian's shield. Very rarely do I use it for pulling some guy out of cover. Nova also rarely gets used, because I only pop it when I'm shieldless, enemies surround me and Charge is on cooldown, which is basically never.

Zeliard

I only use pull to remove a Guardian's shield. Very rarely do I use it for pulling something guy out of cover.

Oh man I do this all the time. Aiming a bit high or to the side so the Pull power curves down or around. It never gets old. And it feels like Pull is even slicker this time at swinging around and hitting fools behind their cover.

bigace33

Man I just got Garrus and was planning on him being a staple of my team, but I really don't know now that I have Awesome From Ashes Spoiler Guy and, uh, the other big spoiler person.
Man shaddup. Please! You dudes might as well write an entire synopsis of the game. :*(

Well, got it this afternoon. Installed the game, did the proxy thing to unlock it. Downloading From the ashes now.
My body is ready!
gDy0t.jpg

Got and awesomne preoder bonus at the store I always got, they gave you free a figurine of the new Normandy. Is not even plastic, but metal. Really good.

BTW, does someone got some good AA settings config for the Nvidiainspector?

Achtius

There is a mission involving
Grissom Academy
where
David Archer thanks Shepard for saving him

The hoodie was the CE thing, but I dunno about the leather jacket, I have it as well, maybe it was another extra in the CE? Maybe it was from From Ashes?

Zeliard

75% of GAF need to realise America isn't the only place in the world.

And what was spoiled? I'm sensitive to spoilers. Don't really think anything was spoiled there.

In fact I purposefully didn't hide the actual spoiler behind tags because I didn't want people accidentally or even purposefully highlighting it. Nothing in that post gives anyone any remote indication of who I'm talking about. It's just silly hand-wringing, and if you're going to be that anal, then the logical solution is to stay out of every ME3 thread till you play it yourself.

i-Lo

Will be getting back in sometime to play the game. So I wanted know- Is the armour unlocked by playing Kingdom of Amalur available from get go?

Well, got it this afternoon. Installed the game, did the proxy thing to unlock it. Downloading From the ashes now.
My body is ready!

Got and awesomne preoder bonus at the store I always got, they gave you free a figurine of the new Normandy. Is not even plastic, but metal. Really good.

BTW, does someone got some good AA settings config for the Nvidiainspector?

wow, thats a pretty awesome pre-order bonus, the normandy replica typically runs $30-35 if you buy it

Tess3ract

Banned
Can we delete some of these damned Mass Effect threads. There are four. I keep popping into the spoiler thread by mistake.

Learn to subscribe to threads and check your CP instead of the forum table for new updated posts.

Yay, lost 2 hours of progress..............

Learn to quick save every 30 minutes or after/before every conversation.

I am loving the quick save option. Is this something that has been in all Mass Effect's and I have been too stupid to realize (note: 360 versions).

Oh and, 9 hours in...needddd moarrr

It's new to console versions. It's old hat to PC versions since the first game.
You know what guys?

Shepard runs like an idiot.

slowpoke.jpg

Spoiler after the Tuchanka mission involving The Shroud and Kalros, the mama Thresher Maw (the footage we saw from the 2011 VGAs). Pretty big spoilers, so make sure you don't click:

I want to to talk about Mordin's death scene. Oh my god. That was just amazingly done. Singing the Piratas of Penzance... I can't think of a better way to go. The music there was amazing, as well.
I just finished this as well. Press A to Awesome indeed.

Mordin. :(

I must admit, I'm enjoying ME3 far more than ME2. More interesting locations, better combat, better overall plot, fantastic use of all the characters in the past two games.

I just finished this as well. Press A to Awesome indeed.

Mordin. :(

I must admit, I'm enjoying ME3 far more than ME3. More interesting locations, better combat, better overall plot, fantastic use of all the characters in the past two games.

Yo dawg, I heard...

Top Bottom