• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

LuchaShaq

Banned
Personally loving it despite issues people have with it.

Disc changing - 12 hours in 4 disc swaps oh well don't mind.

Less dialogue choices - Only have noticed less middle of the road choices, haven't felt lacking.

Stuff I love? Not going to spoil but how your crew members interact with eachother instead of with ONLY shepherd. Would rather hear charater x and y talk then x and shep.

Only have one negative and it's super specific (VERY early story spoilers)
Wrex is on the ship but he can't fight because he has to give mordin dna...does he need dna every 15 minutes fresh off him? seems fucking silly

simpsons-nerd.gif

wtf it's just a leather jacket.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So those of you who despised ME2 ( like I do ) , what are you views on ME3? Better? Worse? Equal?

Prologue

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during (very early mission)

The song that plays during the conversation between Wrex and his lady friend? The scene before you leave the planet.

I'd listen to all of them to find out, but I rather hear the in the game for the first time.

inky

The Taligate pretty much proves that there is no low too low for Bioware.

Your waifu is a stock photo.

I don't know what's worse, that BW uses
stock photos for their stuff
or that you just spoiled me on this shit. If I were the
Tali-lover kind
I'd be pissed right now, both at BW and you ;P

desertdroog

Personally loving it despite issues people have with it.

Disc changing - 12 hours in 4 disc swaps oh well don't mind.

Less dialogue choices - Only have noticed less middle of the road choices, haven't felt lacking.

Stuff I love? Not going to spoil but how your crew members interact with eachother instead of with ONLY shepherd. Would rather hear charater x and y talk then x and shep.

Only have one negative and it's super specific (VERY early story spoilers)
Wrex is on the ship but he can't fight because he has to give mordin dna...does he need dna every 15 minutes fresh off him? seems fucking silly
He is also a practitioner of Capt. Kirk's methods.

Zeliard

I don't know what's worse, that BW uses
stock photos for their stuff
or that you just spoiled me on this shit. If I were the
Tali-lover kind
I'd be pissed right now, both at BW and you ;P

Yeah that was weak, though to be honest she
looks exactly as I or probably most people expected, heh.
:b

Black leather jacket Shep is the best shep.

I cringe every time I see "creepy sleeveless leather jacket" has returned.

lol yeah, that thing was terrible. I hope nobody ever actually ran around their ship in that garb. They should have had a Cerberus stat for "most-used civilian outfit" and seen that one rank far below the others.

Anyone have a good loadout they're liking for Adepts?

Right now I'm rocking a N7 Sniper Rifle & a modified M-3 Predator. It gives me good, but not great biotic regen (+105%). If I ditched the sniper for an SMG I'd get +200% but I can't find a single SMG that isn't crap. The Assault Rifles and Shotguns are way to heavy to carry, but I need something with stopping power.

Any advice?

Dennis

Banned
Its a nice touch with the reporter on board.

I really feel like it helps me reach out and touch the rest of the world that has been involved in the conflict.

And it humanizes the conflict and gives me something to grab onto, emotionally.

Zeliard

Anyone have a good loadout they're liking for Adepts?

Right now I'm rocking a N7 Sniper Rifle & a modified M-3 Predator. It gives me good, but not great biotic regen (+105%). If I ditched the sniper for an SMG I'd get +200% but I can't find a single SMG that isn't crap. The Assault Rifles and Shotguns are way to heavy to carry, but I need something with stopping power.

Any advice?

You're also upgrading weapons on your ship, right? It reduces the weight for that particular weapon.

I'm carrying a shotgun and SMG and have +169% recharge right now. Also have a weight limit boost due to Assault Mastery.

I really feel like it helps me reach out and touch the rest of the world that has been involved in the conflict.

Emotionally...mmhmm

daaaamn.jpg

megalowho

Midgame Conrad Verner spoilers!

Everything that transpires after you finish the medi-gel sidequest might be the best/worst cutscene in the game so far. So awkward and random. Also love that his research paper gets added to Shepard's war assets, increasing the total by a whopping 1 point :D

I guess she should do like real reporters do and have an ass reduction and be professional.

wow, thats a pretty awesome pre-order bonus, the normandy replica typically runs $30-35 if you buy it

Yep, I was looking some weeks ago on the interent and found the replica, but I thought it was too expensieve for what it was, when they gave me it in the store today for free I couldnt believe it.

What the fuck? I want this!

Its not even a large chain of stores from Spain, so this was a huge surprise.

So the consensus is that its good? Stupid Europe having to wait until Friday.

There's never a consensus. There's people that think ME2 was awful. I loved it to death and no amount of whining about it by haters would ever change that. I'm not far enough into ME3 to rate it compared to ME2/ME1, but I know that I'm loving all the time I've spent with it so far. If it continues at this pace, ME is easily the greatest franchise/series of games I've ever played. No hyperbole. Just my opinion.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope that with some upgrades that the Revenant, a powerful sniper, and a Carnifex will be under encumberance for my soldier femshep. Granted I haven't even done the first mission after the citadel so that'll be a while.

Derrick01

Banned
So those of you who despised ME2 ( like I do ) , what are you views on ME3? Better? Worse? Equal?

It's easily better than ME2. There's really no question there. It does everything better and unlike ME2 sacrifices next to nothing in return for those improvements.

Dennis

Banned
I guess she should do like real reporters do and have an ass reduction and be professional.

I don't understand. I just think its nice to have something the civilians can rally behind. And lets not forget all the troops who have to perform the rearguard actions.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's easily better than ME2. There's really no question there. It does everything better and unlike ME2 sacrifices next to nothing in return for those improvements.

Sweet, good to hear and I agree with your sentiment, I'm well aware that ME2 improved on almost every facet of the series compared to ME1... except for the parts I cared about.

Are you guys spending that much money in upgrading weapons?

Right now the weapons that i'm using are all on ver V. And I don't know if i saw any difference in the stat bars for the weapons....

Am I missing something here?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think we need some comparison pics to see if Bioware was being accurate or pervy with the Chobot character model.

There's never a consensus. There's people that think ME2 was awful. I loved it to death and no amount of whining about it by haters would ever change that. I'm not far enough into ME3 to rate it compared to ME2/ME1, but I know that I'm loving all the time I've spent with it so far. If it continues at this pace, ME is easily the greatest franchise/series of games I've ever played. No hyperbole. Just my opinion.

Fully agreed.

*fistpump*

WAWAZA

i have no idea what i'm doing.
im just walking around talking to random aliens, and mission are getting done.
bitch_please.png
[/IMG]

My "speed run" of Mass Effect 2 is now bordering 26 hours..

I'm attempting to gain the loyalty of every squad member and ensure their survival, including Kasumi and Zaeed, so that might explain it. Right now if feels like ME3 collector's edition box is calling out to me, another 3-4 game hours and I hopefully should be there.

Top Bottom