• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dennis

Banned
SpacePirate you need to enable the correct anti aliasing comparability hex values.

I posted a screenshot on a page awhile back.

Zeliard

I like Vega for his Fortification bonus power.

That's one of the many cool things about getting your recharge rate up high, especially with a close-range biotic like Vanguard - you can then use a power like Fortification which saps your recharge by 60% but gives you useful boosts, and if you have a very high recharge bonus already, the 60% hit becomes fairly negligible (you still have a Charge power that recharges like every 4 seconds, Pull under 2, Shockwave around 3.5, etc).

It's a great complimentary power to use as Vanguard since it boosts both your defenses and also your melee attack. Combine it with powers like Charge and Nova and you can really wreck shit close-range, even without putting points into Fitness. I don't always use Fortification but it's been nice to have around at times even at Rank 1. Having said that, it's a very early bonus power and if something nicer comes along, I won't hesitate to switch it up. :p

It's a shame you can't have a teammate specifically melee an enemy when it would be useful to do so, unless I missed something. I basically have to move Vega somewhere close by and hopes he starts melee'ing. Seems silly since his characteristic power boosts melee damage.

Are you guys spending that much money in upgrading weapons?

Right now the weapons that i'm using are all on ver V. And I don't know if i saw any difference in the stat bars for the weapons....

Am I missing something here?

The upgrade UI is stupid because you can't see the differences they make as you buy the upgrades, but it does tell you what it affects: the weight, ammo capacity and damage. You then basically have to go into a load-out screen to see what changes it made to your weight limit.

I am doing something wrong?

Yeah you need to set the AA compatibility bit to the Mass Effect one.

Also try an LOD bias of -1.

Mifune

Mehmber
I wonder what the deal is with this game's music. Did Bioware end up nixing a lot of Mansell's compositions? Was he not able to devote as much time to the project as originally thought? Or is there a lot of his music in the game that just didn't make the soundtrack?

Regardless, the score is gorgeous. It's just funny that the first word was that Mansell was scoring Mass Effect 3. And then later it became a whole boatload of composers.

I'd like to thank Bioware for sucking the life out of the Mass Effect franchise. Good job. I really wish there were more aspects from the first game in this one. But nope, it's even more down the shooter path than the second game. Of course... this criticism is only after leaving the
Citadel for the first time
but if there are any sidequests in the game or stores with actual people in them or people to talk to, that'd be nice. Not going to hold my breath, though.

Wiggum2007

I wonder what the deal is with this game's music. Did Bioware end up nixing a lot of Mansell's compositions? Was he not able to devote as much time to the project as originally thought? Or is there a lot of his music in the game that just didn't make the soundtrack?

Regardless, the score is gorgeous. It's just funny that the first word was that Mansell was scoring Mass Effect 3. And then later it became a whole boatload of composers.

They promoted Mansell so much because he's a big name. Same deal with Hans Zimmer and Crysis 2 even though he only did a track or two.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'd like to thank Bioware for sucking the life out of the Mass Effect franchise. Good job. I really wish there were more aspects from the first game in this one. But nope, it's even more down the shooter path than the second game. Of course... this criticism is only after leaving the
Citadel for the first time
but if there are any sidequests in the game or stores with actual people in them or people to talk to, that'd be nice. Not going to hold my breath, though.

Everything you want shows up as soon as you return to the Citadel after the next priority mission.

this guy

hey GAF, just got the game. It's installing right now. What's the prize for importing a max level character from Mass Effect 1, into 2, and then into 3? Is there even a prize?

Everything you want shows up as soon as you return to the Citadel after the next priority mission.

That's relieving, if so. I'm just being lame and jumping the gun, then. After seeing the Citadel it just felt like a random stop and not much was going on so I figured they were just doing their usual poor treatment of sequels thing again.

Mifune

Mehmber
They promoted Mansell so much because he's a big name. Same deal with Hans Zimmer and Crysis 2 even though he only did a track or two.

That makes sense, although Mansell isn't nearly as big of a name as Zimmer. They could have just gone for Zimmer if they wanted a big name.

Zeliard

That's relieving, if so. I'm just being lame and jumping the gun, then. After seeing the Citadel it just felt like a random stop and not much was going on so I figured they were just doing their usual poor treatment of sequels thing again.

The intro is bad. It definitely improves after that.

Mass Effect Infiltrator is just bad. Maybe for $1 it wouldn't be such a rip off but it plays poorly. Developers need to just stop with this iOS crap. Everytime I play a 3D action game or anything that requires joystick controls on iOS it feels like i'm playing early PS1 3D action games and even they don't play as badly as this stuff.

Tess3ract

Banned
So apparently the game checks to see if you have more talents than you should have at the current level, and if you do it resets them.

Not for your squadmates though, just Shepard. UGHHH

Dresden

Having it spoiled for me still didn't prepare me...
Sexbot EDI, fucking hell BioWare.

It didn't bother me too much - I mean, the whole thing was so cheesy and tongue in cheek (I hope) that it had to be some intentional parody/homage. I hope.

The actual design is really ugly, though, and contrasts horribly with the general aesthetics of ME.

Man, I only say this in the art book, but now seeing (spoiler past second main mission)
EDI in that body - slutty does not even begin to describe it.

VERY LATE game squadmate Normandy conversation spoiler:
Tali and Garrus, an item (my Shep romanced Liara). GREAT.

Liara is a really great companion to Shepard in this game. Her and Garrus really feel like his/her backbone.

Surprising, had a great bro heart to heart after recruiting Garrus. Surprised that he's considered an Expendable character from ME 2. I might like Garrus more than Wrex :O

Gambit61

Anyone else using that Xpadder profile having problems selecting powers with the "power wheel"? For some reason I can't select anything, not even from the quick key slots at the top of the screen. Besides that, the controls are working great.

Please tell me that at some point in game I can start shooting
fucking Reaper ship on the Galaxy Map
? This is bullshit design right now, I get 3 hits, Reapers show up >.<

There was one mission I did in Act 2 I believe? Had to be the best mission I've ever played in ME, you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it. Fucking surreal and beautiful.

Quarians, Geth server, TRON-like, Legion

eosos

Banned
Alright, so I played and really enjoyed Mass Effect 2 on PC, but never played the first one. Is it worth it to go back and play the first one and then the second one for this game? Or should I just say fuck it and use my character from Mass Effect 2?

So those of you who despised ME2 ( like I do ) , what are you views on ME3? Better? Worse? Equal?

Did you dislike the linear shooter levels with conspicuous waist-high cover and spare ammo everywhere? New items and weapons strewn along the paths you're constrained to? Too few skills for Shepard? Even less skills for team members? Ammo "powers"? Bad dialogue? The Citadel being nothing but a handful of floors?

It is improved somewhat, in the sense that you could spray air freshener in a bathroom after having diarrhea. All the lip service about it being a mix of ME1 and ME2 is utter bs.

Top Bottom