• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Am I missing something or shouldn't pressing left and right on my dpad request that my squadmate use the ability I see listed on the HUD when I'm in combat? I've been doing it, they respond with an "OK" but in order to get them to actually I do it I have to still bring up the Attack Menu.

Zeliard

Haha I just authorized a pardon to
Engineers Donnelly and Daniels, and they're coming back to the ship now
:p (early Citadel spoiler)

Cute touch.

well after 7 hours I have to say: This game is not an RPG. It's a shooter with dialogue. Sidequests are laughable.

Reminds me of "Rage". I will never play through this game again. I knew that after the first seven hours. It's too boring and too linear.

Good enough for one playthrough but that's it.

X-Frame

Another question -- how do you get Bonus Powers from squad mates?

I only have Warp Ammo from Liara, Fortification from James, and I think one more. How do I get all my squad mates powers? For example (character spoiler),
I want Decoy from EDI.

Am I missing something?

well after 7 hours I have to say: This game is not an RPG. It's a shooter with dialogue. Sidequests are laughable.

Reminds me of "Rage". I will never play through this game again. I knew that after the first seven hours. It's too boring and too linear.

Good enough for one playthrough but that's it.

There's side quests, and then there's side tasks, you're just not doing the right stuff then.

Love interest minor spoilers a few hours in:

Both Miranda and Ashley seem to want to jump back into the sack with Shep
and I'm currently debating which way to go. I've spent way too much time thinking about this :/

Dresden

There have been some really great side missions, honestly.

For sure. It was a great fucking mission.

I don't think I could have beaten it without Sabotage on the turrets. Fucking Cerberus engineers.

Gryssom Academy:
Also manning the ATLAS mech at the end was fun. I knew there would be turret sequences in the game, but this was actually enjoyable.

Pollux

Love interest minor spoilers a few hours in:

Both Miranda and Ashley seem to want to jump back into the sack with Shep
and I'm currently debating which way to go. I've spent way too much time thinking about this :/

were there any consequences for cheating

were there any consequences for cheating

Not really. Ashley gives you a little attitude about her, says something like "Miranda Lawson, really?!? I wear armor and she goes into battle in a catsuit!" and then the convo switches right back to, "where do we stand" "let's take it slow" etc and I'm assuming the romance continues along the same lines as if it never happened.

Zeliard

The little tie-ins to past games are fun. I just met
Kelly Chambers
on the Citadel and
she still had my ME2 fish to give back to me
, lol.

Dennis

Banned
Its an RPG to me because I am real immersed in the character of Shepard and the universe.

It feels like I am playing the role of Shepard in a way that most games don't make me feel.

Megasoum

Banned
I just found that picture while doing a random google image search and I decided to share it with you...

It's real loco!! (ugh...)

232323232%7Ffp635%3B5%3Enu%3D5772%3E89%3A%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D348%3A6%3B443234%3Bnu0mrj

Reave

I don't know... I guess my tastes are just different from (mostly) everyone else, because I'm having a blast with this game. Definitely not perfect, but ME3 is still doing just about everything I wanted.

So much nitpicky negativity that I'm almost afraid to say I like it around here.

PS3 version have serious sound mixing issue. Some dialogue are insanely low during gameplay then shout out. Fire sounds are okay but sometimes biotics sounds are so fucking loud...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just found Grunt. Fuck yeah it feels awesome to reunite with the gang one by one. The scene at the end of his mission was great.

"Commander Shepard, we've been fighting for hours. I've probably lost over 1,000 calories." - Ensign Prangley

The f***? I wouldn't be worried about how much calories I'm losing if people are after my damn neck.

I'm about to start this up, problem being that my ME1/ME2 save files are on an old 360 I don't have anymore. Is it that big of a deal or should I really play through the first two again? I know you get to make some general choices but I overheard some people at Gamestop talking about how many choices that the game "assumes" you made in the first two.

Serious

Another question -- how do you get Bonus Powers from squad mates?

I only have Warp Ammo from Liara, Fortification from James, and I think one more. How do I get all my squad mates powers? For example (character spoiler),
I want Decoy from EDI.

Am I missing something?

Just talk with them when you get the chance on the Ship/Citadel, especially when you get a mail from them saying they want to talk. It does take a while for some squadmates to hand over the goodies though. I got Fortification and Carnage pretty quickly from Vega, but I didn't get Stasis until very late.

If anyone's wondering, once you've unlocked a power, you can select at the beginning of the game like you could in the first two games. Nice for my Manshep playthrough, who's an Adept and romancing Ashley, considering that Kaidan gives access to Reave and Barrier.

Solo

I'm about to start this up, problem being that my ME1/ME2 save files are on an old 360 I don't have anymore. Is it that big of a deal or should I really play through the first two again? I know you get to make some general choices but I overheard some people at Gamestop talking about how many choices that the game "assumes" you made in the first two.

PLAY ALL THREE IN ONE SITTING

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just talk with them when you get the chance on the Ship/Citadel, especially when you get a mail from them saying they want to talk. It does take a while for some squadmates to hand over the goodies though. I got Fortification and Carnage pretty quickly from Vega, but I didn't get Stasis until very late.

If anyone's wondering, once you've unlocked a power, you can select at the beginning of the game like you could in the first two games. Nice for my Manshep playthrough, who's an Adept and romancing Ashley, considering that Kaidan gives access to Reave and Barrier.

I can get Stasis?! My Adept FemShep is going to be a Biotic Goddess™.

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't know... I guess my tastes are just different from (mostly) everyone else, because I'm having a blast with this game. Definitely not perfect, but ME3 is still doing just about everything I wanted.

So much nitpicky negativity that I'm almost afraid to say I like it around here.

Eh, I'd say that this thread is VERY positive. Sure there are some nitpicks, and some good criticisms too, but by and large people are digging the game.

Serious

I can get Stasis?! My Adept FemShep is going to be a Biotic Goddess™.

Hopefully Adept isn't your first runthrough, because I'd say Liara didn't give me Stasis until about I was about 75% in. Again, just talk to your squadmates after major story events, when they say they want to talk (check your mail constantly), or when it just makes sense story-wise that they'd want to talk.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Hopefully Adept isn't your first runthrough, because I'd say Liara didn't give me Stasis until about I was about 75% in. Again, just talk to your squadmates after major story events, when they say they want to talk (check your mail constantly), or when it just makes sense story-wise that they'd want to talk.

Nope, next runthrough. I'm grabbing Stasis Bubble as soon as I can. That shit is broken with biotic explosions.

Anyone else notice that (and forgive me for saying / noticing)
EDI has a hardcore camel toe thing going on in her white outfit. So you're saying Joker has a chance!

Derrick01

Banned
Oh man shit's starting to get real now. I don't even want to give a hint to where I am storywise other than I'm pretty sure it's not near the end yet. It better not be at least lol.

But...damn.

rozay

Banned
I'm having a blast with this game. The only things that stand out to me as awful right now are that stupid sequence after leaving the citadel for the first time and all of the walking/running animations. You would think that in the middle of action they wouldn't bother you, but when your character takes up a good portion of the screen, it stands out to me :(

Not sure how I feel about the squadmate recruited after Garrus yet. I dislike how huge everyone's tits are though.

Serious

Has anyone bought the Spectre weapons yet? The Black Widow and the Paladin make the Widow and Carnifex look like toys.

I actually liked the Carnifex more than the Paladin, I like the larger magazine, and more importantly larger ammo capacity, more than the extra damage. Plus the Paladin didn't seem to hit that much harder.

Top Bottom