• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

nyong

Banned
I hate it when prior characters make "epic" comeback appearances. They never work...not in books, not in movies, and not in videogames. It always comes off so forced and awkward.

I'm pretty torn by the ME3 so far too. ME1 had a better story and voice work, ME2 had better gameplay, but ME3 has a better balance of the two. Still loving it, though...and I haven't even touched the MP yet.

GorillaJu

I hate it when prior characters make "epic" comeback appearances. They never work...not in books, not in movies, and not in videogames. It always comes off so forced and awkward.

I'm pretty torn by the ME3 so far too. ME1 had a better story and voice work, ME2 had better gameplay, but ME3 has a better balance of the two. Still loving it, though...and I haven't even touched the MP yet.

A sequel largely oriented toward fan service is always going to have those "epic comebacks."

Guesong

Quick question about Miranda.
After you meet her on the Citadel, do you ever see her again pertaining to Orianna? Without going into detail, I don't want to be spoiled, just want to know if we actually go on a mission with her or something.

---------------------YES, you do see her again. She never becomes a squadmate though------------------------

So why were people freaking out about how many disc changes we had to do for the first ten hour or so of the campaign? I'm up to eleven hours and I've only had to switch discs once.

Maybe it's the order in which you do things.

Dresden

So why were people freaking out about how many disc changes we had to do for the first ten hour or so of the campaign? I'm up to eleven hours and I've only had to switch discs once.

Maybe it's the order in which you do things.

I think I swapped four or so times in five hours, or something like that. If you do sidequests as they come you're going to be swapping a lot. Grissom and the Cerberus base were on disc 2, while the first missions are on the other.

I don't mind too much, but it's just one of inconvenient things that I wish they'd bothered to take care of before release.

zethren

Banned
For me it said Liara was my romance in ME1 and that I had no romance in ME2 (even though I hooked back up with Liara).

I don't think the game recognizes you rekindling your relationship with Liara in Lair of the Shadow Broker as actually hooking back up with her, nor does it recognize the kiss you can give her in her office on the Citadel. If you don't get the relationship achievement/trophy in the game then it doesn't recognize you as having engaged in a relationship.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Love Shepard's reaction when EDI say that particular comment soon after "that" event happen in the Normandy.

jcPRo.png

I'm sure it looks better on the official (male) Shepard though. That's Dresden avatar right?

rozay

Banned
I don't think the game recognizes you rekindling your relationship with Liara in Lair of the Shadow Broker as actually hooking back up with her, nor does it recognize the kiss you can give her in her office on the Citadel. If you don't get the relationship achievement/trophy in the game then it doesn't recognize you as having engaged in a relationship.
Okay good. I was just worried because there were some interactions that seemed a little off in the beginning after romancing her again in LOTSB.

Dany

Banned
I like Cortez. :p

Also, It was VERY apparent that my femshep is with Liara after Mars. I did play through Shadow broker and didn't romance anyone for ME2.

Also, old-woman and the embassy clerk is so damn sad :(

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wow, that academy mission is fucking brutal.

I played a couple more like that. Some of the scenarios are a bit hit or miss. Nothing like having an intense fire fight with 8 dudes while one of them somehow jetpacks or sneaks past everyone and empty's a clip point blank at the back of your skull.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
I'm about 6 hours in, doing lots of the side quests so not very far into the story, but im liking this game very much.
I don't remember if they mentioned it, but exactly how long after the events of ME2 does ME3 take place? I'm confused on that part..

Guesong

Is it just me or the enemy variety is really boring?

And yet I KNOW there was even less types of enemies in the first two games...but...damn me if I was not tired of seeing the same troops everywhere. (and yes, I've finished the game so I've seen them all >_>)

(not really a spoiler)
Speaking of which if Shepard could have recruited Cerberus it'd have been the only War Asset he'd need. Goddamn how many of them are there!? SO MANY!

^^ it happens 6 months after ME2.

kurahador

I'm about 6 hours in, doing lots of the side quests so not very far into the story, but im liking this game very much.
I don't remember if they mentioned it, but exactly how long after the events of ME2 does ME3 take place? I'm confused on that part..
6 months i think.

edit: beaten

Are they throughout or at specific points? I usually just try to do whatever side missions appear and then do a quick run through each citadel area before doing each main mission.

I think they're throughout. The mission that I ran out of time to do was side mission so I'm not sure if it happens with main missions.

X-Frame

Just talk with them when you get the chance on the Ship/Citadel, especially when you get a mail from them saying they want to talk. It does take a while for some squadmates to hand over the goodies though. I got Fortification and Carnage pretty quickly from Vega, but I didn't get Stasis until very late.

If anyone's wondering, once you've unlocked a power, you can select at the beginning of the game like you could in the first two games. Nice for my Manshep playthrough, who's an Adept and romancing Ashley, considering that Kaidan gives access to Reave and Barrier.

Wait, how did you get Stasis? Liara gave me Warp Ammo. Or was it someone else? I'm confused .. unless she gives you 2 bonus powers ..

So I am at the endgame, and I feel a bit stressed out about all of my assets.

I think I have around three main-missions left, and yet I only have 7000 war assets, and according to Bioware, you need 8000 to be able to get the perfect ending.

The thing is, I have done all sidequests and explored all galaxies and gathered everything, have I missed something?

Pollux

I think I have around three main-missions left, and yet I only have 7000 war assets, and according to Bioware, you need 8000 to be able to get the perfect ending.

The thing is, I have done all sidequests and explored all galaxies and gathered everything, have I missed something?
Go play multiplayer.

Finished. The ending...well, let's just say it hurt my opinion of the game. See you in the spoiler thread.
That bad? With everyone saying they were disappointed I'm actually starting to get worried

To be clear, regarding scanning:

If I'm in a system that has no percentage number, there is no need to scan, correct? I should only be scanning if it has a percentage indicator?

Quick question about Miranda.
After you meet her on the Citadel, do you ever see her again pertaining to Orianna? Without going into detail, I don't want to be spoiled, just want to know if we actually go on a mission with her or something.

You meet her several times. Lets just leave it at that.

GBONZZZZ

I've been playing for 5 hours straight. I love this game.
How far is everybody atm?

I just got to the Salarian area to pick up the female krogan

Sober

Where did you get 8000 from? I have like 6700, I have the achievement for gathering most of the war assets and I doubt the few fetch quests I missed would bring it up that much. At that point, 8000 would be sheer perfection or something.

Petrie

Banned
so im nearing the end and lost Thane, Legion, and Miranda during the story. Curious is any of these can be avoided.

Dresden

I'm fully prepared for a trainwreck of an ending. I don't think Bioware can pull off a satisfying conclusion regarding the kind of scenario they set up.

As long as the going is fun, though, I don't mind.

It's probably gonna be
The Crucible is finished, but depending on your war assets, more people on Earth will die or whatever, and the Crucible might wipe out Earth and/or kill Shepard. ta-da, where's my check?

Not a spoiler, just my speculation on what the ending will be from about 7 hours played (after sur kesh), but tagged just in case.

Top Bottom