• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Grisby

Arg, when the hell do I reunite with Tali? Want to stop tiptoeing around ash and get the romance on not to mention I roll with her and Garrus on my playthroughs.
Its an RPG to me because I am real immersed in the character of Shepard and the universe.

It feels like I am playing the role of Shepard in a way that most games don't make me feel.
Exactly. I'm having the biggest smiles when old characters are meeting each other. I even caught a convo between two of them when I wasn't exactly in the room. It's all about feeling in a place with characters that you've known for up to 3 games now, with maybe each experience lasting 30-50 hours. I (reaper air quote) 'exist' here in a weird way.

Shepard has been through the shit. My Shepard.

GSR

About 6 hours in now, just finished the
Palaven moon mission
, on my way to
Grissom Academy
. I find myself walking a bit of a tightrope with
Cortez
, since I'm trying to be nice to him without triggering a romance. Especially awkward was when I had a romance conversation with Ashley, then five minutes later was talking to
Cortez
and a Paragon interrupt I can only assume is a bit more than platonic popped up.

Kaizer

Banned
Bah gawd, DAT ACADEMY MISSION. Talk about some intense fights, second time I've had to rely on Medi-Gel so far in the game. Also it was nice to see (character spoiler)
Jack, especially since she was my love interest in ME2. I absolutely love her becoming a school teacher, definitely got a chuckle out of me.

moop1167

Arg, when the hell do I reunite with Tali? Want to stop tiptoeing around ash and get the romance on not to mention I roll with her and Garrus on my playthroughs.

Exactly. I'm having the biggest smiles when old characters are meeting each other. I even caught a convo between two of them when I wasn't exactly in the room. It's all about feeling in a place with characters that you've known for up to 3 games now, with maybe each experience lasting 30-50 hours. I (reaper air quote) 'exist' here in a weird way.

Shepard has been through the shit. My Shepard.

Dude I've almost teared up at some of the encounters with characters from the previous games. As sad as that sounds... lol.

rozay

Banned
Also, is it just me or did the (location name)
Palaven moon
mission's theme kind of sound like one of the old ME1 tracks that played on the planets you could explore?

Man, the difficulty just shot up considerably. These dumb Cerberus soldiers love lobbing their grenades. I'm at the
Grissom Academy
and I've been stuck at this firefight because I keep dying. They keep coming nonstop in waves. Sheesh...

Derrick01

Banned
Man, the difficulty just shot up considerably. These dumb Cerberus soldiers love lobbing their grenades. I'm at the
Grissom Academy
and I've been stuck at this firefight because I keep dying. They keep coming nonstop in waves. Sheesh...

first of all gotta spoiler that stuff. I'm past that part but when I got to it it was a nice surprise.

That place also seems to be the consensus for when the difficulty really picks up. There's lots of really well done fights in that place.

Oh man shit's starting to get real now. I don't even want to give a hint to where I am storywise other than I'm pretty sure it's not near the end yet. It better not be at least lol.

But...damn.

Glad to hear you gave the game a chance. About 10 hours in personally and it's fucking great.

Even though ME2 was too :p

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Okay so got to the end of the
Mars mission where you fight Miranda-bot, the mystery man with IM is Saren isn't it? I mean they rebuilt Shepard sooooo....
So it just dawned on me that the OT subtitle should have been (Don't) Fear the Reaper

I actually liked the Carnifex more than the Paladin, I like the larger magazine, and more importantly larger ammo capacity, more than the extra damage. Plus the Paladin didn't seem to hit that much harder.

Mine's equipped with a magazine upgrade, so I've never noticed. It does hit a lot harder though.

- J - D -

I'm toying around with the FOV, and it's so great. Too bad it messes up the cutscenes and dialogue scenes though. :/

Almost worth it when I can walk around like this. :)

Thanks, dennis4k and others for the tip-off.

mRp2l.jpg

exYle

Okay so got to the end of the
Mars mission where you fight Miranda-bot, the mystery man with IM is Saren isn't it? I mean they rebuilt Shepard sooooo....

Nope. That character is
a new Cerberus agent, named Kai Leng, who is basically Shepard's replacement for TIM. He's been surgically imbued with Reaper tech (especially his legs), so it's easy to assume he's Saren, but he's actually not.

This is easily the funniest entry in the series. Easily.

Agreed.

lol yep. it answers alot of the Prothean mystery.
Prothean guy is kinda scary though.
I like how hes a straight up
asshole to Shepard and Liara and thinks all the council races are jokes. Also love how the prothean were not this noble enlightened race, but just a bunch of bullies.

rozay

Banned
Random question about the import, was the Shadow Broker DLC supposed to qualify for a romance in ME2? It said I romanced liara in ME1 but said I didn't pursue a relationship in ME2. I recall hitting all the paragon checkpoints/conversation options possible and assumed the game would flag that I did.

Did anyone have their import say that they romanced Liara in ME2?

question about importing, if I have multiple ME2 saves does it give me the option of which one I want?
It first asks you to pick the character/career for and then you can pick any of the individual saves inside and it shows your decisions in each. It's great.

Jswanko

So I really want to just grab this game from my bro's 360 and start playing. Besides multiplayer how much do they hold back for "Used" game players?

bengraven

Something bothers me about EDI (early spoiler):
Wasn't Dr. Eva basically a Miranda-like enhanced human clone? With actual human skin and hair? I thought she was just another genetically altered psi user but was mostly human.

Then EDI comes out wearing her body and she's all metal face and skin with a metal hair cap and everything.

Maybe I need to replay the mission on mars and pay more attention...though I was staring at evil chick's body pretty closely and paying quite a bit of attention...ifyouknowwhati'msaying.

Edit: nvm, according to the wiki
Dr. Eva was a cyborg, she just looked human. She was still all robot.

I really need to read the codexes and learn more about this universe and it's people. I love this shit, but I'm confused.

Pollux

Good lord, 11 hours in an still only just beaten the level from the demo. Best entry of the series so far, and based on the way this year looks, quite possibly my GOTY.

Also...[DLC squad mate related]
I'm with the guy above, I love how the Protheans turned out to be complete assholes. I think it's hilarious when he's giving tidbits of information about the Council races from 50,000 years ago. Like how Salarians used to eat flys and lick their own eyes. lol

rozay

Banned
Something bothers me about EDI (early spoiler):
Wasn't the chick you were chasing basically a Miranda-like enhanced human clone? With actual human skin and hair? I thought she was just another genetically altered psi user.

Then EDI comes out wearing her body and she's all metal face and skin with a metal hair cap and everything.

Maybe I need to replay the mission on mars and pay more attention...though I was staring at evil chick's body pretty closely and paying quite a bit of attention...ifyouknowwhati'msaying.
I think after she came out of the shuttle crash her appearance got fucked and she looked this form. Was hoping for more explanation on what the fuck she actually is (before EDI took her over) so hopefully there is one later.

What does "power damage" and "force" refer to? I'm assuming power damage = damage from biotic powers/abilities, while force is...knockback or something? How much does it cost to respec after the first free one? (I think I remember seeing that the first respecs were free in the med bay...maybe I'm wrong)

bengraven

I think after she came out of the shuttle crash her appearance got fucked and she looked this form. Was hoping for more explanation on what the fuck she actually is (before EDI took her over) so hopefully there is one later.

That's right.

I think it was a Terminator like moment.
The skin is a prosthetic. After Vega slammed into her shuttle she came out pure robot...just really charred so we she wasn't as smooth as EDI eventually becomes.

Now that I rewatch this scene I can see where she's basically EDI already...just charred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARU5WYIs6VE&list=UU7y3hngDjzQfIQ877iAKeiQ&feature=plcp

rozay

Banned
What does "power damage" and "force" refer to? I'm assuming power damage = damage from biotic powers/abilities, while force is...knockback or something? How much does it cost to respec after the first free one? (I think I remember seeing that the first respecs were free in the med bay...maybe I'm wrong)
Power damage is the raw damage value a power will inflict, and force matters when the target hits the ground/walls/falls from a distance as they'll take more damage.

Charging in hardcore actually does a decent amount of damage to grunts, whereas in ME2 they just went flying but didn't take much impact damage if I recall correctly.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Did anyone else change the difficulty? I thought the Game was pretty easy so far, so I changed it to hardcore. Now we are talking; the harder the difficulty, the more you appreciate ME's combat. I had a blast doing the mission where you had to find the son of a certain Turian, even though I died like ten times.

Quick question about Miranda.
After you meet her on the Citadel, do you ever see her again pertaining to Orianna? Without going into detail, I don't want to be spoiled, just want to know if we actually go on a mission with her or something.

Synless

Damnit, I altered my Shepard's looks from ME2 and didn't like it so I tried to import again and the damn file won't show up to let me import anymore (PS3 version).

Lunchbox

Banned
all the new squad members are shit, most of the returning ones are shit

the best ones are left behind or have their own thing :(

rozay

Banned
Anyone have an answer to my question about Liara and whether or not the import screen can list her as your romance in ME2?

Synless

Anyone have an answer to my question about Liara and whether or not the import screen can list her as your romance in ME2?

For me it said Liara was my romance in ME1 and that I had no romance in ME2 (even though I hooked back up with Liara).

GorillaJu

EDI (no story spoilers):

People complained so much that they loved the campy Star Trek or Lost in Space aspects of ME 1, well that's exactly what EDI is.

It's all tongue in cheek - all the references to her being super sexy (I loved Jack's "Now you look like a sexbot instead of a sex toy") is a parody of the old school scifi movie conventions of a self-aware AI that falls in love with a human also happens "incidentally" to have incredible tits.

I can't believe people would complain about this of all things. If aesthetics bother you, the lets discuss Ashley who is a fucking gunnery sargeant (or was) who now has stickly skeleton arms and yet ginormous tits.

This game is intended to be campy. If it weren't it'd be intolerable.

Top Bottom