• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Pollux

The mission on Grissom Academy really has some cool throw backs to the past, hope the rest of the game is just like this or better.

put some fucking context in the post so people don't fucking click on it if they haven't fucking done the fucking mission.

And I've already done that quest, but that could have been an end game spoiler or a character spoiler. So stop it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So many Citadel sidequests to do... damn. Think i spent 2 hours there
(after Palaven moon)
and im still not finished. Can't wait to shoot more stuff though.

Also, i got some sidequest from
Eden Prime (Prothean DLC) talking about convincing people to stop working for Cerberus or something. I'm done with Eden Prime, but the quest still isnt complete.
Is that normal?

Yeah you can fail some quests but I'm assuming it's just some of the fetch ones. But like I said I haven't noticed anything missing from my log so it must be tied to doing main story missions and I don't go for those until I've done everything I can up to that point.

On a different topic I was liking how slow it was taking to fill my EMS bar up, made me feel like the game was going to go on forever. But after getting 1/3 of the bar filled in like 15 hours the second 1/3 was done in like 5 hours. I hope I still have a lot left, this game is too good.

Wait... you, of all people, is saying this? Thought you'd were on full Hater mode thanks to ME2. =p

LOL REALLY? Please don't tell me that's all Ashley was here for. Geez, I can't even visit her room again after that one cutscene.

I haven't gotten much further than you, so I don't know where it's going exactly,
but you get to visit Ashley again when she's awake.

Sober

Also, i got some sidequest from
Eden Prime (Prothean DLC) talking about convincing people to stop working for Cerberus or something. I'm done with Eden Prime, but the quest still isnt complete.
Is that normal?
If you miss some of it it won't clear, that's about it. You can't go back, unfortunately to look or use the Spectre shop to buy sidequest items you miss.

thetechkid

put some fucking context in the post so people don't fucking click on it if they haven't fucking done the fucking mission.

And I've already done that quest, but that could have been an end game spoiler or a character spoiler. So stop it.

Why are you so mad? I didn't spoil anything.

zeitgeist

I was just wondering what the consensus is on mission/sidequest order.

I know some quests are only available for a certain amount of time so should I always do all sidequests I have before doing 'priority' missions?

Pollux

Why are you so mad? I didn't spoil anything.

But you could have...I'm not really getting mad at you just at people who do it in general. I'm just trying to be emphatic since that kind of thing, long black boxes, can potentially ruin the entire game for people.

Sai

Uuugh. The
Grissom Academy assignment
is rough on Insanity. Seems like the waves of enemies just won't stop, and they're constantly trying to flank you, keeping you suppressed with turrets 'n the like.

Engineers're jerks. :I

LogicStep

So I'm having a bit of trouble with side missions. I have a bunch of missions that I have picked up from talking to people, for example in the Citadel, and my codex is full of these side missions but I can't seem to tell where I'm supposed to go to do these missions. The codex just says that I need to get this thing or that thing or figure out a way to do something but it doesn't tell me where I'm supposed to go or give me a clue. Neither do the characters when I talk to them. Will these things become apparent as I go on with the main story? I want to do all the side quests as soon as I get them but maybe I have to wait to be able to do some of them?

jimmy5150

So I'm having a bit of trouble with side missions. I have a bunch of missions that I have picked up from talking to people, for example in the Citadel, and my codex is full of these side missions but I can't seem to tell where I'm supposed to go to do these missions. The codex just says that I need to get this thing or that thing or figure out a way to do something but it doesn't tell me where I'm supposed to go or give me a clue. Neither do the characters when I talk to them. Will these things become apparent as I go on with the main story? I want to do all the side quests as soon as I get them but maybe I have to wait to be able to do some of them?

I'm about 5-6 hours in and having the same problem. I don't need a constantly updating marker a la Skyrim, but the journal in this game seems to lack a lot of direction.

Zeliard

Uuugh. The
Grissom Academy assignment
is rough on Insanity. Seems like the waves of enemies just won't stop, and they're constantly trying to flank you, keeping you suppressed with turrets 'n the like.

Engineers're jerks. :I

Yeah I just finished that one a while ago. It was rough indeed.

Insanity feels a lot harder than it did in ME2, but also funner due to the style of the enemies and the fact that so many at least earlier on have solely red health bars and are vulnerable to biotic attacks. It's much more frantic and tactical.

Not a real spoiler-

Oh, one thing I actually really liked was the line
from the Kelly replacement about her toothbrush. It was so ridiculous, I loved it. : )

Zeliard

I don't mind searching for things, as long as I have a general idea of where to go searching. Here, we get nothing =\

They always tell you the location before the colon in the mission name (and the description), i.e. Shrike Abyssal: Prothean Obelisk, or Citadel: Improved Power Grid, etc.

Shrike Abyssal is a system, you go there and scan the planets and find the item. And so forth.

I dig it.

- J - D -

Here's Lt. Traynor with her special Biotic typing ability.

7m8ea.png

:/

The very first mission after the Citadel made me change to disc 2.

The second mission after the Citadel made me change to disc 1.

WTF

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Traynor is hot.

LowParry

The very first mission after the Citadel made me change to disc 2.

The second mission after the Citadel made me change to disc 1.

WTF

Yeah. There's a lot of that disc swapping going on. A little annoyance but overall, the game's been really fun. And I made a woman cry today. Way to go Shep.

For the small number of Gaffers with Japanese speaking members of the household, you'll be glad to know that the US version of ME3 has Japanese language support comparable to the Japanese versions of 1 and 2 (menus and subtitles), at least when played in a Japanese Xbox. Yay for near simultaneous releases (ME3 is out next week in Japan, so simultaneous translations)!

I was investigating through the NPC in the Normandy and in the Armory Bay there's a Lieutenant Cortez. Hes a guy, when I asked about his family he said he was an only child and his parent had died on Earth. He also mentioned he had a Husband. Is this a first in the series?

Sai

Traynor reminds me of Parminder Nagra, who I used to crush on a bit.

Yeah I just finished that one a while ago. It was rough indeed.

Insanity feels a lot harder than it did in ME2, but also funner due to the style of the enemies and the fact that so many at least earlier on have solely red health bars and are vulnerable to biotic attacks. It's much more frantic and tactical.
Agreed. ME3's about as much of a step up from ME2 as ME2 was from ME—when it comes to combat, anyways.

Just wrapped up that assignment, by the way. Had tons of fun in the Atlas. XD

I'm still relatively early in the game, and I really like what I've seen thus far. They've struck a nice balance between ME and ME2. I've noticed a severe lack of Charm/Intimidate, and neutral dialogue options though, and I'm wondering if that's just the way the game is by default, or if it's a result of some of the decisions I've made in past games... Whatever the case, I'm hoping that changes later on in the game.

EDI - "That was a joke."

always gets me :)
XD That was amazing! Has anybody gif'd Shepard's reaction yet?

Agreed. ME3's about as much of a step up from ME2 as ME2 was from ME—when it comes to combat, anyways.

Just wrapped up that assignment, by the way. Had tons of fun in the Atlas. XD

I'm still relatively early in the game, and I really like what I've seen thus far. They've struck a nice balance between ME and ME2. I've noticed a severe lack of Charm/Intimidate, and neutral dialogue options though... I'm hoping that changes later on in the game.

Hate to be a downer but there are maybe 7 or 8 Charm/Intimidates in the game

That scene Ashley's teeth glitched out on me, they were similar in color as her lips, so it looked like she lost them all. Unless she actually did and Shepard was just too polite to bring it up...

Glitched for me as well, but everything behind her teeth was white. It looked like teeth all the way back. Also Miranda seems to have been to the dentist and Joker really should.

Cheska

Has the limit on the amount of medi gels you could bring to a mission always been 3? I can't remember, and I barely used them in ME2.

Top Bottom