• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Raxus

Non spoiler question for anyone that has beat the game.

I played through the intro mission and then set the difficulty to Insanity at the moon. Did I change it too late or should I have changed the difficulty at Earth?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ummm.... I think my game glitched, and I don't know what to do... Can someone help? I can't progress because of too many enemies.

Early game spoilers - 1st planet that deals with Krogans. About four hours in...

Pretty spoiler-free picture:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/6817616098_a5e73706c1_b.jpg

So, I'm up against our first reaper, and I need to activate two "Hammers". One on either side of this arena. As I enter, I'm attacked by a Brute, and I take it down pretty easily. But afterward, if I move forward and toward either of the Hammers, FIVE more Brutes hit the ground and start rushing me. It's in an area about the size of a small room, and so there's no way to maneuver or win this. Impossible, unless I'm missing something... which granted, I might be.

After several tries, I decided to rush through the Brutes toward a Hammer, but then the reaper (I think) just starts smashing me with its legs and I insta-die.

So yeah... is there supposed to be five brutes attacking me at once, this early in the game, on normal difficulty?

And any recommendations? I don't have anything other than my autosave and another from like 3 hours back. No way do I want to repeat that. I'd love any recommendations. Or help if I'm missing something? Maybe I'm just stupid ;p

Pollux

Ummm.... I think my game glitched, and I don't know what to do... Can someone help? I can't progress because of too many enemies.

Early game spoilers - 1st planet that deals with Krogans. About four hours in...

So, I'm up against our first reaper, and I need to activate two "Hammers". One on either side of this arena. As I enter, I'm attacked by a Brute, and I take it down pretty easily. But afterward, if I move forward and toward either of the Hammers, FIVE more Brutes hit the ground and start rushing me. It's in an area about the size of a small room, and so there's no way to maneuver or win this. Impossible, unless I'm missing something... which granted, I might be.

After several tries, I decided to rush through the Brutes toward a Hammer, but then the reaper (I think) just starts smashing me with its legs and I insta-die.

So yeah... is there supposed to be five brutes attacking me at once, this early in the game, on normal difficulty?

And any recommendations? I don't have anything other than my autosave and another from like 3 hours back. No way do I want to repeat that. I'd love any recommendations. Or help if I'm missing something? Maybe I'm just stupid ;p

Nope, no glitch. Kill them all. I'm being serious.

MattDoza

Are you playing on Insanity or Hardcore? I had no problems just running to each objective on Normal. I did barely make it, though. I had just a single bar of health left.

Also,
that Krogan shotgun that was on the ground(belongs to Reever, I think his name was) in the early stages of the mission where we couldn't advance because of the road being destroyed. Anyway, that shotgun works great against the brutes.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Nope, no glitch. Kill them all. I'm being serious.

Really? Wow, I must suck at this game. I'm dying in like ten seconds. If I roll, I roll into a wall and the next guy kills me. And if I move around, I don't have enough ammo. Any tips?

In any case, though, thanks for letting me know quickly. I'd rather know I suck rather than to have to re-do from an old save. I guess this is a lesson I should save more often just in case, though!

Thanks.

Bowdz

I didn't kill any of them in mine. Just rush the two Hammers. The Reaper leg injured me, but didn't kill me on the first hammer and didn't even hit me on the second. Just keep trying and you will get it.

Are you playing on Insanity or Hardcore? I had no problems just running to each objective on Normal. I did barely make it, though. I had just a single bar of health left.

I'm playing on Insanity and had no problems with it.
Just dodge and weave and run like there's no tomorrow.

Ew. Who the fuck is this Wrex clone with the ugly color swap and non-existent personality? Why would they make Wrex's death canon? Whyyy? I don't have an ME1 save to import.

I really hope this guy leaves and never shows again after this mission. If he becomes a squad member I'll only be more disappointed.

Skel1ingt0n

I'm playing on normal. But if I sprint toward the objectives on either side,
the reaper smashes me with its legs
and I insta-die.

Skel1ingt0n

I didn't kill any of them in mine. Just rush the two Hammers. The Reaper leg injured me, but didn't kill me on the first hammer and didn't even hit me on the second. Just keep trying and you will get it.

Okay, thank you!

I guess maybe I was just getting unlucky. I was getting insta-killed every time for about seven tries. I'll give it another shot in a few minutes after I eat my 2am snack ;p

Jintor

Okay duders, where do I put my ME2 saves from my previous computer to import into ME3? I've had them on a HDD for years.

Nice to see what I'm up for after work! I'm playing on Insanity, needed to repeat
Primarch final battle
only 10 times, and that had 2 of those. Might think about going Infiltrator instead of Soldier so I can sneak and sprint to the other side of the area.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm playing on normal. But if I sprint toward the objectives on either side,
the reaper smashes me with its legs
and I insta-die.

That mission was pretty insane, but I loved every second of it.
I just booked it to the second hammer with no regard to the enemies around me. I do remember using a ton of medi-gel.

Help, please!

I bought ME3 on PC, despite having the first two on 360. I went through the trouble of converting my 360 saves from ME2 to PC, but ME3 will not detect the saves. I never had ME2 installed, so I created the directory that the saves WOULD have been in had I owned the game (my documents/Bioware/Mass Effect 2/Save), but the game still won't acknowledge that anything is there.

Now I'm worried because there are 1 million things I could have done wrong. Did I grab the career ending save file from the games? How do I do that? Did I need to lift a specific save file from the 360 (there were usually 3 available to choose from, and I chose the one made on the latest date), and if so, what is it called?

I'm really pissed because I have very limited time to play the game, and now I'm wasting it all fucking around with save files.

KorrZ

10 hours in and one thing I'm noticing is there is a severe lack of Renegade/Paragon dialogue options, in fact I think there has only been one so far near the very beginning on Mars. I'm doing every side mission I get too, it's not a major issue but still kind of weird. One example where I was like really? Why is there no Renegade option here?

Early Citadel side quest:
Trying to get General Oraka to lay off the Blue Suns, you go talk to a black arms dealer and he basically says he's not dealing with you go get him an artifact. My ME2 shep would have renegaded the shit out of this worm.

Also, Casey Hudson can go suck it for saying BS like "DLC is optional". I bought it, played it - LIKE HELL IT'S OPTIONAL! It's part of the damn game, very integral part of it, FFS!

Raxus

Non spoiler question for anyone that has beat the game.

I played through the intro mission and then set the difficulty to Insanity at the moon. Did I change it too late or should I have changed the difficulty at Earth?

Anyone?

BTW I am currently finding insanity SO much easier than the last game now that I switched to infiltrator. My powers come up so fast I rarely have to spend ammo.

Pollux

10 hours in and one thing I'm noticing is there is a severe lack of Renegade/Paragon dialogue options, in fact I think there has only been one so far near the very beginning on Mars. I'm doing every side mission I get too, it's not a major issue but still kind of weird. One example where I was like really? Why is there no Renegade option here?

Early Citadel side quest:
Trying to get General Oraka to lay off the Blue Suns, you go talk to a black arms dealer and he basically says he's not dealing with you go get him an artifact. My ME2 shep would have renegaded the shit out of this worm.

spoiler for that side quest:
You can Renegade the shit out of him. Kill Oraka

-Stranger-

Got the game today, i'm around 2 hours through it so far.
It's really impressive.

I'm annoyed about the import save face glitch. I imported my character from ME1/ME2 and she looks like shit.
Anyone know when the fix will be coming out?
Since i've already started playing will it just apply the correct face onto that?

Dresden

Anyone?

BTW I am currently finding insanity SO much easier than the last game now that I switched to infiltrator. My powers come up so fast I rarely have to spend ammo.

Pretty sure that as long as you switched it while on Earth you're good to go for the achievement.

Very slight spoilerish question.

In the demo Mordin confronts you on the solarian research base. Mordin definitely survived in my save file but some other guy is in his spot. What's the dealio?

Lakitu

st5fu
Hey guys about spoilers,

JUST PUT IT ALL IN BLACK.

Thanks.

Also, they need to fix Shepard head during conversation. When I speak with Liara, I'm never actually looking at her. :|

Maybe Shepard's socially awkward and wants to avoid eye contact?

KorrZ

spoiler for that side quest:
You can Renegade the shit out of him. Kill Oraka

I was thinking more a long the lines of
Putting that black market gun runner in his place with a renegade option, instead of having to go get him an artifact. I didn't want to kill Oraka.

Pollux

I was thinking more a long the lines of
Putting that black market gun runner in his place with a renegade option, instead of having to go get him an artifact. I didn't want to kill Oraka.

Yea I was trying to be witty...I failed.

Finally got this game today (shitty Australian delay be damned) and it crashes right after
you watch the Prothean video on Eden Prime
, EVERY time (PC version). At this point I can't progress, anyone found a fix for this?

I'd ask it in the ME3 PC performance thread but that one has spoiler images.

EDIT: I believe it is part of the DLC questline, in case people without it were wondering what I'm talking about.

Prologue

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during (very early mission)

The song that plays during the conversation between Wrex and his lady friend? The scene before you leave the planet.

I'd listen to all of them to find out, but I rather hear the in the game for the first time.

anyone?

Quick

Banned
So, EDI. It's like the writers read a shit ton of ME fanfiction, but I'm not actually complaining. :lol

I was also looking for Kelly at the Citadel. I'm going on a new Shepard created in ME3.

Encountered Miranda, that was cool. A bit disappointed they didn't change her appearance a bit. New outfit, maybe, or hair, or something. Dat ass remains firm, though.

I wonder where Jack is.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I just finished a fucking 12 hour session of ME3. Only took breaks to eat and one hour to workout.

I'm pretty sure I've never done that in my life, but I loved every second of it.

At the beginning you are constantly teased of what's going to happen, and yep, shit is starting to get real......

Mordin, you'll be remembered

Jintor

Why are the body textures so shit? God, I can't remember if ME2's faces looked this bad. Did I miss an external graphics option config screen?

I'm pretty sure when you import a ME2 save it doesn't work properly. On mine, Shepard was Earthborn and Ruthless but when the game started he was a Spacer and a War Hero. Possibly a few other things got changed as well, but not too sure. Still, I do like the way some loose ends are wrapped up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The (early, major side quest spoiler)
Grissom Academy
mission was excellent. Great call back to the books, ME2, and the DLC.

Hmm, damn, got another tiny bit spoiled accidentally when I thought it was safe to highlight something.

So people, if you hide something under spoiler tags, can you make sure to mark it appropriately? Something like early game, mid-game and endgame would work nicely. I don't want to find out Shepard is really a christmas tree by clicking spoilers, I want to experience it.

Cheska

I just got through this part, and I'm so thankful I read your post first so I didn't start thinking my game was glitched too heh. My strategy was trying to get
about three of them together and throw a grenade, then make a straight run towards one of the hammers. You can see the shadow oh the Reaper right before he hits so just dodge if it gets close. Once you get one hammer up it seems waay easier to get to the second.

At the beginning you are constantly teased of what's going to happen, and yep, shit is starting to get real......

Mordin, you'll be remembered

That death made me really sad :(

Just got the text message that I can pick the game up :D

Already downloaded a ME2 save that has most of the choices I made in the previous games.

Dresden

Early priority Krogan quest spoiler:

Trying to activate the Maw Hammers but I get bumrushed by seven, eight Brutes . . . ugh.
People online say there should only be like five total, but oh well.

The entire chain of missions has been badass, though.

e: fuck yeah.

Early priority Krogan quest spoiler:

Trying to activate the Maw Hammers but I get bumrushed by seven, eight Brutes . . . ugh.
People online say there should only be like five total, but oh well.

The entire chain of missions has been badass, though.

I just started running past them.

Zeliard

lol @ Garrus

He's fantastic in this game, even more than before. They've given him some fun one-liners and the voice actor knocks them out of the fucking park.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
lol @ Garrus

He's fantastic in this game, even more than before. They've given him some fun one-liners and the voice actor knocks them out of the fucking park.

Yeah, Garrus and EDI are hilarious in here. I'm glad that despite the reaper based plot they still crammed the game full of these moments constantly.

Doing some missions early on in the citidel.

Nice to see some "friendly"
vorcha
with speaking roles instead of just as
stupid merc fodder

Jintor

Seriously, anybody else getting blurry-ass textures? The game keeps having dramatic close-ups of armour and control panels and shit but all I see is a mess of pixels. I laughed when the camera did a dramatic close-up of the Normandy but I could barely see the goddamn name, it was so pixellated. What do I modify to fix this shit?

Might be an AMD Catalyst problem, running a Radeon HD 6900.

Top Bottom