• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

have you had the chance to talk to the invisible man? lol

2345da.jpg

rozay

Banned
Lip syncing is off, im blown by how bad animations are, character models stand out as being ugly compared to the rest of the beauty surrouding them, my character looks nothing like my past two games have...

We're off to a very rough start :(
It got better as the game went on for me, I'd give it a chance!

- J - D -

Lip syncing is off, im blown by how bad animations are, character models stand out as being ugly compared to the rest of the beauty surrouding them, my character looks nothing like my past two games have...

We're off to a very rough start :(

Yeah, character animation has never been a strong suit of this series. The models look better in still pictures than when they are moving.

The environments though, in my opinion are far better than the ones found in ME1/2.

Zeliard

Sucks for you guys who couldn't get your ME3 character looking like the previous ones. Such a silly oversight from Bioware.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
it's kind of annoying to be constantly chided for working with Cerberus when I never even had the choice to agree to it in the first place. cut me some slack, dammit

Ronabo

Just thought I'd pop in to day that the Kinect Voice Commands are awesome.

Yeah they are. Really amazed at how quick they are.

Also got a laugh when after you first fight with
Liara
I said outloud to her to have my babies and she said "Will Do"

LOL

Serious

Wait, how did you get Stasis? Liara gave me Warp Ammo. Or was it someone else? I'm confused .. unless she gives you 2 bonus powers ..

Yeah, every squadmate can give two powers throughout the game. As far as I can tell, every squadmate has a passive, two abilities available to the classes normally, and two powers you can't obtain that they give as bonus powers. So Kaidan has a passive, Overload and Cryo Blast, and can give you Reave and Barrier. Liara has a passive, Warp and Singularity, and gives out Warp Ammo and Stasis. If a squadmate has a power you can't get from a base class, it'll be a bonus power.

Yaska

Just gonna post this here for later use:

Dark Horse digital is having a megabundle of Mass Effect. 33.33$ and includes the art of mass effect universe and all 13 comics.

ManeKast

So, after going back to EB and replacing DISC 1 twice.

My 360 (older arcade) will not load ME3 or INSTALL ME3 (all other games work fine).

Spoke to xbox support and they apologise and say that while my 360 can play gears 3 (something about a new ormat disc), I should play that instead and wait for a solution.

My ME1 and 2 saves are on the 360.

What a day.

Loam

So after reading the comic interpretation of Deception I am seriously having a hard time taking Kai Leng seriously.

Ronabo

Within about 2 seconds of meeting Miranda in this game, the scene cuts to an ass shot. Way to not beat around the bush, Bioware.

Yeah my girlfriend was sitting next to me when that came up and said "geezus! how far does it go up her ass!"

I told her the 2nd game wasn't nicknamed "Ass Effect" for nothing.

Yeah they are. Really amazed at how quick they are.

Also got a laugh when after you first fight with
Liara
I said outloud to her to have my babies and she said "Will Do"

LOL

Ha! I an wondering if they snuck any Easter eggs in for the voice commands-because if not its a massively missed opportunity.

playing through the game I can't imagine playing ME3 without having all the characters from ME2 alive. does the game just ignore certain missions if you don't have a specific member alive from ME2? or do they just replace the characters?

Zeliard

playing through the game I can't imagine playing ME3 without having all the characters from ME2 alive. does the game just ignore certain missions if you don't have a specific member alive from ME2? or do they just replace the characters?

Curious about this stuff as well. It's easy enough with Kaiden/Ashley since I assume they just replace one with the other and keep most of the other stuff, but with the other characters it becomes trickier.

Like if Garrus died in ME2, does he just never show up on
Palaven
?

Or even more than that, Jack. If she died in ME2 it's curious to imagine how a certain early mission plays out.

Curious about this stuff as well. It's easy enough with Kaiden/Ashley since I assume they just replace one with the other and keep most of the other stuff, but with the other characters it becomes trickier.

Palaven
?

Or even more than that, Jack. If she died in ME2 it's curious to imagine how a certain early mission plays out.

Reading the SomethingAwful forums, people are saying they're just replaced with stunt doubles with half as much dialogue lulz

thetechkid

About the old squad mates:
So far I've run into Jack, Thane, Miranda, and Kelly(she kinda counts) and all of them seems to be doing their own thing. Are they all just going to be small cameo appearances and is Garrus the only true friend a space marine can have?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Palaven
?

Well,
if Garrus DIED, how would he show up? :p

And yeah, I'm really curious about how this is going to be handled as well.

KuroNeeko

Just curious, but can anyone confirm or deny that DLC from the US, 360 Marketplace will work with the Asian version of this game? <.<;;

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, it's really cool to see that what I did in
Overlord
(me2 dlc) is reflected in ME3. Glad I helped
the dude who shares my name, David.
(character in me2 dlc mission) Really cool moment.

How do yo get Warp Ammo? Talking with Garrus and Vega gave me armor piercing ammo and fortification, but talking with Liara did nothing.

Oh, and is Kaidan the only one with Reave? Because I miss my Reave, and I don't think a pile of ash can teach you biotic abilities.

Bowdz

Thus far, my favorite aspect of this game BY FAR is the increased inter-squad dialogue and the numerous personal dialogues that Shepard can have with the crew. It is amazing what having two or more of your squad acknowledge each other and their past history does for immersion and the draw of the characters. Also, the scene
with Garrus on the Citadel and the shooting contest was awesome. Bros until the end.

Parham

Banned
Kelly isn't in the refugee camp on the Citadel (pre-Cerberus Invasion).
I know for a fact that she survived in my Mass Effect 2 save. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Raxus

I made my first difficult decision
Choosing the Rachni Queen over Grunt's squad
is there any negative repercussions over this?

Serious

How do yo get Warp Ammo? Talking with Garrus and Vega gave me armor piercing ammo and fortification, but talking with Liara did nothing.

Oh, and is Kaidan the only one with Reave? Because I miss my Reave, and I don't think a pile of ash can teach you biotic abilities.

Liara gave it to me at some point, don't remember when. It's different for each squadmate, when you get their bonus powers.

Kaidan's the only one with Reave, yes.

Bowdz

I know for a fact that she survived in my Mass Effect 2 save. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I'm curious as well. She survived my save as well, but I have yet to bump into her 20 hours into the game.

pakkit

Banned
I don't mind searching for things, as long as I have a general idea of where to go searching. Here, we get nothing =\

I had this problem for a bit too. Go to "Map" instead of "Journal" and tab through the levels of the Citadel to see where each contact is.

Yeah it's really irritating. I feel like the faces in ME2 were more believable in how they moved.

At the same time, I've noticed there's a lot more lip synching in this game than in other Mass Effect games. For example, even when the characters are talking mid mission in gameplay, they'll lip-synch. Sometimes it's convincing, sometimes it's not, but still, the amount of facial animations is pretty staggering.

exYle

A different in war assets. If I had to guess,
the Rachni went to help build the Crucible, and may possibly offer warships in the battle. Aralakh squad probably offers more ground troops, similar to what the Krogans offer after the Tuchanka Shroud mission.

pakkit

Banned
Yeah it's really irritating. I feel like the faces in ME2 were more believable in how they moved.

At the same time, I've noticed there's a lot more lip synching in this game than in other Mass Effect games. For example, even when the characters are talking mid mission in gameplay, they'll lip-synch. Sometimes it's convincing, sometimes it's not, but still, the amount of facial animations is pretty staggering.

Bowdz

I'm a little irritated by this choice.
I chose Grunt over the Rachni Queen because: A) Regardless of the war, I'm not going to purposefully sacrifice my friends without their consent and B) The Rachni Queen already got caught by the Reapers, so it seems unlikely that they could help much more. Well apparently, if Grunt is loyal from ME2, he will survive either way, so my choice to save Grunt was pointless.

Feature

Banned
Guys, can I create a face in ME3 and extract the face code for that face somewhere? That way I can edit a ME2 save game and past my own ME3 created face in there!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
(Mid-late game spoilers)

Fuck Cerberus
and fuck Kai Leng and fuck TIM
. The shit they pulled on
Thessia
was rotten to the core.

Such a beautiful planet may now lie in ruins. The Asari may have kept some dirty secrets (using a Prothean beacon to give their race a technological edge), but they didn't deserve what they got. The revelations about Asari history and how the Protheans were actually the ones they revered as gods was pretty damn interesting. Liara was in constant denial the whole time. Shows how much it was ingrained into their culture.

Mystic654

Allot of people are having this issue, It looks like a bug.
You might be required to have dinner with her during ME2.

No one knows for sure whats going on with Kelly.

DTKT

Hey guys about spoilers,

JUST PUT IT ALL IN BLACK.

Thanks.

Also, they need to fix Shepard head during conversation. When I speak with Liara, I'm never actually looking at her. :|

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Allot of people are having this issue, It looks like a bug.
You might be required to have dinner with her during ME2.

No one knows for sure whats going on with Kelly.

I was wondering about that. I'm pretty damn sure the whole crew survived in my Paragon file.

Whatever, Traynor is way hotter anyway.
Damn her lesbian ways.

Top Bottom