• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Kem0sabe

Last night i managed to reach the salarian level from the demo, only got to explore the first stage to the quest where you just walk around and talk to a few of the fly eating toads (according to Javik), but there´s one salarian that's working on a console with a button, if you keep repeatedly touching the button the salarian goes nuts (reminds me of clicking on unit´s in blizzard´s rts´s)

Speaking of Javik... his exchanges with the crew and npc´s are hilarious, one with wrex leads to wrex looking at shep and pointing out that the Normandy resembles a flying freak show, on another he says to a salarian that in his cycle, salarian were considered "delicacies". :D

Sober

Seriously, anybody else getting blurry-ass textures? The game keeps having dramatic close-ups of armour and control panels and shit but all I see is a mess of pixels. I laughed when the camera did a dramatic close-up of the Normandy but I could barely see the goddamn name, it was so pixellated. What do I modify to fix this shit?

Might be an AMD Catalyst problem, running a Radeon HD 6900.
How low res? Screenshot? To be fair, the series has historically had good textured faces and then absolutely shit torsos.

Kem0sabe

Anyone else met Miranda yet? Noticed how poor her character model and animations look when compared to ME2? seriously, it´s jarring. :|

Zeliard

I hope people aren't forgetting to check the maps, which are actually useful this time. On the Citadel it tells you the location of every important NPC you've met or need to meet, including your squad mates.

Yeah, Garrus and EDI are hilarious in here. I'm glad that despite the reaper based plot they still crammed the game full of these moments constantly.

Yeah the humor works well. It tends to be dry humor so it's appropriate.

Just finished getting
Kasumi's help
. Wish there had been a longer quest,
Kasumi's always a pretty fun character
. I also sorta wanted a renegade interrupt option to
punch out the jellyfish...

Ummm.... I think my game glitched, and I don't know what to do... Can someone help? I can't progress because of too many enemies.

Early game spoilers - 1st planet that deals with Krogans. About four hours in...

Pretty spoiler-free picture:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/6817616098_a5e73706c1_b.jpg

So, I'm up against our first reaper, and I need to activate two "Hammers". One on either side of this arena. As I enter, I'm attacked by a Brute, and I take it down pretty easily. But afterward, if I move forward and toward either of the Hammers, FIVE more Brutes hit the ground and start rushing me. It's in an area about the size of a small room, and so there's no way to maneuver or win this. Impossible, unless I'm missing something... which granted, I might be.

After several tries, I decided to rush through the Brutes toward a Hammer, but then the reaper (I think) just starts smashing me with its legs and I insta-die.

So yeah... is there supposed to be five brutes attacking me at once, this early in the game, on normal difficulty?

And any recommendations? I don't have anything other than my autosave and another from like 3 hours back. No way do I want to repeat that. I'd love any recommendations. Or help if I'm missing something? Maybe I'm just stupid ;p
This part was so awesome on Insanity as a vanguard. Charged them all to death without dying once.

Brutes dont bother me. Now a bunch of cerberus engineers, fuck them hard with their dumbass torrents.

Kem0sabe

Does the writing get any better in the full version? The writing quality in the demo killed me.

From the little i have played, the writing is all over the place, the humor is mostly spot on, but whenever bioware tries a more serious approach it usually fails miserably.

Dresden

This part was so awesome on Insanity as a vanguard. Charged them all to death without dying once.

Brutes dont bother me. Now a bunch of cerberus engineers, fuck them hard with their dumbass torrents.

I just rolled around tossing Incinerate.

My routine with (enemy) engineers goes overload - cryo - kill, thankfully. One of the perks of being an engineer.

Rubezh

Anyone else met Miranda yet? Noticed how poor her character model and animations look when compared to ME2? seriously, it´s jarring. :|

While everyone else in the game looks increasingly gaunt, tired, and dirty due to the war, she does look pretty much identical. I didn't notice any weird looking animations but the voice acting did sound rather...subdued. I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hoooooooollllly shit! One of the few times I've truly felt a dilemma in making a choice, and have regret after making it, in a video game. About six hours in, on the Citadel:

After that fucking amazing car chase, rush through the Citadel, and that awesome elevator sequence, I managed my way to the top. There, Ashley thought I was with Cerberus. I try to explain myself, but she's not having it. Under the impression I'm being chased, I hesitantly choose the renegade option to shoot Ashley and save the council members. A bunch of shit happens, it turns out it wasn't Cerberus behind me, and Ashley hates me during her dying breaths. OUCH.

I seriously just sat there looking at my screen, regretting my decision. But it was a decision I felt I had to make. And as badly as I wanted to just load up an earlier save and choose the other option, I convinced myself that's really what I would have done in such a situation, and so I should force myself to live with the consequence. Sucks. :-( But boy is that powerful.

Overall, I'm absolutely fucking loving this game. I gave the reviewers a hard time; but so far, this really is an incredible title. The art direction is insane, the attention to detail is unrivaled, and the story is firing on all cylinders and I'm just six or seven hours in.

Plus, DAT GAMEPLAY/ENVIRONMENT VARIETY. Ships/cars/chases/guns/turrets/dialogue/ship/exploring/etc. The game just feels like it's keeping me on my toes and showering me with variety.

Question about possibly recruiting Miranda... not *really* a spoiler, but just in case:
Early in the game, I saw a journal entry for me to meet her on the Citadel. But now, after all the shit hit the fan upon my return, I can't seem to find that journal entry, nor can I find her anywhere. Did I miss my only opportunity to recruit her? :-( Or will I get another chance?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Do we know if there is a timer/limit on main quests progression ? Or can you do all the side quests without worrying about getting screwed later because you took too long when you do main quests.

Kem0sabe

Do we know if there is a timer/limit on main quests progression ? Or can you do all the side quests without worrying about getting screwed later because you took too long when you do main quests.

What im doing so far is doing all the sidequests before the obvious main quest, haven´t "timed out" any quests this way, as they are no "timed" but linked to main quest progression.

The main quest itself is not timed at all.

Question about possibly recruiting Miranda... not *really* a spoiler, but just in case:
Early in the game, I saw a journal entry for me to meet her on the Citadel. But now, after all the shit hit the fan upon my return, I can't seem to find that journal entry, nor can I find her anywhere. Did I miss my only opportunity to recruit her? :-( Or will I get another chance?

Nope, at least at that stage of the quest, you just end up meeting her and nothing much comes of it.

While everyone else in the game looks increasingly gaunt, tired, and dirty due to the war, she does look pretty much identical. I didn't notice any weird looking animations but the voice acting did sound rather...subdued. I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for.

I reloaded that scene just to make sure, her walking animations, her mannerisms, everything seems off. Also... did bioware inject some silicone into her but? it seems larger... :D

Regarding oversized body parts... WTF is it with bioware hyper sexualizing every female in the game by upping their breast cups? almost afraid to see what they did with Tali.

If I focus on the priority missions, will some of the other ones go away since I hear some are time sensitive? I want to ensure 100% completion

Carbonox

M1Qiil.jpg

THANK YOU BASED AMAZON.

Kem0sabe

Haha did anyone keep touching the Salarian keyboard on
Sur'Kesh
? :p

I think I caused a diplomatic incident. :<

The Salarian Union formally requests that you stop touching that BUTTON!!!

Fine, keep touching the feces machine, i don´t care...

Dresden

Wow, just finished [early game, post Tuchanka)
the Citadel invasion--watched Thane die. Met the cereal killer.

Just loving the game right now. Also Garrus with the Revenant just rips shit up.

pringles

It's a nice package. Steelbook, N7 patch, comic, artbook, some picture, in-game content (new mission and other stuff), etc.
I sort of hate when they put exclusive in-game content in collector's editions.. well, it seems to be a pretty good package so I'll get it, but been trying to buy less of these CEs.

Zeliard

Voice actor for Mordin is new right? He does deliver lines a bit slower than the previous guy but it's a pretty good imitation.

I saw some Collector's Editions on the shelf when I picked up the game today (Australia). They were $50 more than I paid for the standard edition. I'd have had to be a moron to buy it.

I sort of hate when they put exclusive in-game content in collector's editions.. well, it seems to be a pretty good package so I'll get it, but been trying to buy less of these CEs.

The worst thing? It's not a DLC. I finished it yesterday, I can tell you it 100% belongs into the main game.

Dresden

The worst thing? It's not a DLC. I finished it yesterday, I can tell you it 100% belongs into the main game.

Yeah, that's how I felt. He's a complete enough character, and grants enough insight into the lore of the universe, that it really should've been included with every new copy of the game. There's going to be a lot of people who miss out on him, and that's sad.

Zeliard

Yeah, that's how I felt. He's a complete enough character, and grants enough insight into the lore of the universe, that it really should've been included with every new copy of the game. There's going to be a lot of people who miss out on him, and that's sad.

His commentary in certain places is pretty interesting too, since he has a fresh perspective to offer on things.

Sojgat

I get a weird bug when I zoom in and out with a weapon. The entire screen seems to tear and go out of focus for a couple frames. Only in singleplayer, playing on 360. Anybody else getting this?

Kem0sabe

His commentary in certain places is pretty interesting too, since he has a fresh perspective to offer on things.

Mostly it amounts too: "in my cycle shit was different". ;)

I think his best interactions so far are from when Shep tries to explain to other´s who the freaky looking alien is.

NPC: Who´s 4 eyes?
Shep: He´s a protean
NPC: Lolz wut?
Javik: In my cycle we used to eat your people. You were expensive but tasty.
Shep: *glare at Javik*

madmackem

So worth a buy should you only get the standard edition of the game.

Hoooooooollllly shit! One of the few times I've truly felt a dilemma in making a choice, and have regret after making it, in a video game. About six hours in, on the Citadel:

After that fucking amazing car chase, rush through the Citadel, and that awesome elevator sequence, I managed my way to the top. There, Ashley thought I was with Cerberus. I try to explain myself, but she's not having it. Under the impression I'm being chased, I hesitantly choose the renegade option to shoot Ashley and save the council members. A bunch of shit happens, it turns out it wasn't Cerberus behind me, and Ashley hates me during her dying breaths. OUCH.

I seriously just sat there looking at my screen, regretting my decision. But it was a decision I felt I had to make. And as badly as I wanted to just load up an earlier save and choose the other option, I convinced myself that's really what I would have done in such a situation, and so I should force myself to live with the consequence. Sucks. :-( But boy is that powerful.

WAT

Damn dude, that sucks.
I also chose the renegade option, but my shepherd didn't shoot Ashley. We just ended up shooting Udina and going on about our business. She's now on my squad
The replay value in this game is going to be crazy

And I'm currently about 15 hours in, and (spoilers)
just finished that Tron-like level with Legion
. I made a huge(ish) mistake by cheating on Liara with
that British chick. What the hell was i supposed to do: she was using my shower, so as a good hostess i helped her clean up!
After being faithful in ME2, I don't plan on screwing this up now, so I'm going to hope that the game didn't autosave after it all happened

So worth a buy should you only get the standard edition of the game.

I think so, yeah. His mission and bonus power are good, and he made me laugh.

(From Ashes)
When Liara explains that the salarians are also an important part of galactic culture, the Prothean seems amazed. "The lizard people evolved?"
Liara tells him "I think they're amphibian", but the Prothean just stares at her dumbfounded.

"In my time, they ate flies."

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I get a weird bug when I zoom in and out with a weapon. The entire screen seems to tear and go out of focus for a couple frames. Only in singleplayer, playing on 360. Anybody else getting this?

I get a bug similar to that on PC. Whenever I zoom, a 'bar' of weird blur tearing flickers across the screen. Happens sometimes whenever motion blur is active too. It's not all that noticable, especially when I zone out and just play the mission, but it's there.

Finished the From Ashes DLC. I really enjoyed it. The character's writing and voice work is great, and the extra lore he provides is excellent. The mission itself was pretty fun too, though I would have liked it to go
into the Prothean ruins, or maybe meet some survivors

For those worried about cheating on your LI: I cheated on Liara with Thane in ME2, AND (mid game spoiler)
Hooked up with Thane before he died.
Liara was pissed, but you can "re-romance" her. I assume it would work similarly with other LIs.

Top Bottom