• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

To anyone that is finished with the game, is it really necessary to do all of these horrible shitty fetch sidequests you pick up walking around on the citadel?

I've done about 10 so far and I can't believe how many more are already piling up.

I want to get the best ending possible and it seems like my reputation is already pretty high.

Jintor

Shepard's habit of picking up quests by overhearing people's one-sided telephone conversations is getting kiiiiinda weird. Good thing I always played as personal-space-infiltrator Shepard.

People should seriously just stop before the endgame begins; it's not worth seeing what happens during it.

Haha, good luck convincing anyone to abandon their 20+ hour playthrough, along with 2 previously played games, that the end-game isn't worth it and they should stop playing. I don't think it's the most beautiful, well-wrapped up ending in the history of video games, not even close. But I think that the height of expectations that comes along with any franchise this huge is rarely, if ever, met or exceeded. I'll save the rest of my thoughts for the spoiler thread though, I wouldn't want anyone to accidentally wander in here and have it ruined for them.

To anyone that is finished with the game, is it really necessary to do all of these horrible shitty fetch sidequests you pick up walking around on the citadel?

I've done about 10 so far and I can't believe how many more are already piling up.

I want to get the best ending possible and it seems like my reputation is already pretty high.

Not really, I didn't do a bunch of them and was still able to fill my green bar.

The "best" ending is still pretty bad anyway

Dave_6

any one playing PS3 version.can anyone confirm the framerate drops?

Yes it does. Mine actually seems to be getting worse if that's possible and I'm playing on a new slim. I own ME1 and ME2 on the 360 but never completed either one (bought and finished ME2 on PS3 cause of the price and it came with ALL the DLC) so I'm more than likely going to get this on the 360 just for the better peformance. Disc swaps be damned!

Solo

Questions: have they done away with that mission complete dumbassery from ME2? And how is levelling handled this time?

Patryn

Just popping in to say that, wow, Kai Leng is a shitty character. Such a goddamn cliche. Doesn't help that Deception totally ruined him for me.

Guesong

Just popping in to say that, wow, Kai Leng is a shitty character. Such a goddamn cliche. Doesn't help that Deception totally ruined him for me.

For many Kai Leng will be a cool concept, badass character.

For those on NeoGAF, he is forever ruined in our eyes as a cereal-munching toothbrush killer.

kai3345

Banned

How long does it take to meet him in game? I'm ~7 hours in and ive only seen a short glimpse of him.

Kem0sabe

For many Kai Leng will be a cool concept, badass character.

For those on NeoGAF, he is forever ruined in our eyes as a cereal-munching toothbrush killer.

Also why does every ninja have to be Asian? Michael Dudikoff wasn't Asian and he was the best technicolor ninja in earth history...

Kai Leng was a poor concept from the start.

Can anyone explain the cereal thing to me? I keep reading this constantly and always baffled the fuck out of me...

Tag it as spoilers if you want.

Kem0sabe

Are Banshee´s this scary? for those who have reached them, not there yet myself. :D

1piT7.gif

delirium

Anyone think that the reveal in Thessia just makes the asari seems such assholes?

I mean they knew about a Prothean for thousands of years and they used it to make themselves the strongest race in the galaxy. Even when Shepard tells them about the Reapers in ME1 and ME2, they still don't believe him even when the VI had told them about it has been there since the dawn of asari civilization.

Patryn

Are Banshee´s this scary? for those who have reached them, not there yet myself. :D

Not really, though I've just fought them for the first time. Sentry Turret+Drone all firing rockets, cryo bullets and shocking them make them easy. In fact, the first one I saw died about 2 seconds after I noticed her.

Then again, everything is easy with Sentry Turret+Drone. I mean, I carry one gun, and I barely fire it.

God, I love being an Engineer.

delirium

The talk of them ending this badly has me so worried....
The ending just doesn't make sense at all. The original ending (I read somewhere) was suppose to be somewhat different and made a lot more sense because of ME1 and ME2. I guess they changed it because it was too intelligent of an ending and they need to dumb it down for the masses.

Kem0sabe

Not really, though I've just fought them for the first time. Sentry Turret+Drone all firing rockets, cryo bullets and shocking them make them easy. In fact, the first one I saw died about 2 seconds after I noticed her.

Then again, everything is easy with Sentry Turret+Drone. I mean, I carry one gun, and I barely fire it.

God, I love being an Engineer.

Hmm, wondering if we can start a new game + and change our class? probably not, but still...

This makes me want to play an Engineer, closest i´ve been was the sentinel i imported from ME2 to 3.

Kem0sabe

The ending just doesn't make sense at all. The original ending (I read somewhere) was suppose to be somewhat different and made a lot more sense because of ME1 and ME2. I guess they changed it because it was too intelligent of an ending and they need to dumb it down for the masses.

From what i´ve read it takes more to
Deus Ex
than anything else. So i actually like it.

Oh, but you should be.

All I can say is that one review was right by saying the ending was going to be controversial and subject of many debates.

I'm looking forward to it. I've heard some reviewers say some will hate it and some will love it. My body's ready. Of course I was still fine with ME2's ending even, so I'm ok with a lot of things.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm really curious to see what the ending is, but im still so far from being finished with the game.

I'm going to bet that no matter what happen, the Reapers win. If its such a "controversy" as people say.

No, i dont wanna know, even behind spoiler bars, even if im curious.

Guesong

I'm really curious to see what the ending is, but im still so far from being finished with the game.

I'm going to bet that no matter what happen, the Reapers win. If its such a "controversy" as people say.

No, i dont wanna know, even behind spoiler bars, even if im curious.

You know you will be tempted.

I'll just answer with a simple yes or no to your concern, in case others are curious in that regard.

----------------------------No, it's not that--------------------------

Bowdz

Also, Casey Hudson can go suck it for saying BS like "DLC is optional". I bought it, played it - LIKE HELL IT'S OPTIONAL! It's part of the damn game, very integral part of it, FFS!

I have to admit, I hated the way the voice sounded from the demo audio file rip, but Javik is AWESOME in game. I loved the mission, I loved the dialogue scene with him on the Normandy (the music was amazing), and I loved the backstory they gave. It really helped to flesh out and connect ME1 to ME2/ME3. Great "DLC" all around.

Mayyhem

I watched a few video reviews and read the OP but I still can't figure this out. I haven't looked into ME3 too much because I don't have enough time, and I plan on getting it in May, but I have one question to those of you who have the game.

My favorite part of Mass Effect 1 and 2 by FAR was the exploration involved, including flying to tons of different cool looking planets, each with their own feel. Traversing galaxies and coming back to "home base" on the main ship, was just an amazing feeling.

I've noticed that ME3 is centrally focused on a battle at home (earth), and I'm worried that because of this the main game-play time will revolve around just the planet earth (Only played the demo), and less about the things I loved in the previous games, mainly planet/galaxy exploration.

So I ask you GAF, will I be disappointed?

Shit.. I wasn't planning on getting this anytime soon, because I lost my ME2 save and didn't want to haven't had time to play it again, but there's a 20% off deal at GMG that is tempting me.
Does the Digital Deluxe edition include the Prothean DLC? Is the Prothean DLC even good?

Tritroid

Uhhhhhhh

I just got
Mordin and Wrex out alive with the female Krogan, but now that Mordin is on my ship in the medical bay, Chaukwas (or however you spell her name) is gone?

Did she move somewhere else on the ship? She's just like completely vanished!

Tacitus_

The talk of them ending this badly has me so worried....

The info dump before the ending choice makes absolutely no sense at all and the 'choices', while actually making you think, don't have any follow through whatsoever and are all nasty gutpunches. (YMMV, of course)

To expand a bit more (no actual spoilers on the endings):
pretty much the only differences of the endings are the color of an energy wave and what characters appear - and from what I've gathered, only the military bar size matters for the endings and not a single one of your choices during the game

The reapers were right when they said that we couldn't understand their designs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I watched a few video reviews and read the OP but I still can't figure this out. I haven't looked into ME3 too much because I don't have enough time, and I plan on getting it in May, but I have one question to those of you who have the game.

My favorite part of Mass Effect 1 and 2 by FAR was the exploration involved, including flying to tons of different cool looking planets, each with their own feel. Traversing galaxies and coming back to "home base" on the main ship, was just an amazing feeling.

I've noticed that ME3 is centrally focused on a battle at home (earth), and I'm worried that because of this the main game-play time will revolve around just the planet earth (Only played the demo), and less about the things I loved in the previous games, mainly planet/galaxy exploration.

I've played around 10 hours so far, i was on Earth for like 30 mins(the beginning). Don't worry, there's plenty of alien stuff to see.

ultron87

So I'm about 5 hours in. I'm just saying this:

*early game spoilers*
If Shepard is the Catalyst for the Prothean weapon contraption I will instantly quit this game.

Yes it does. Mine actually seems to be getting worse if that's possible and I'm playing on a new slim. I own ME1 and ME2 on the 360 but never completed either one (bought and finished ME2 on PS3 cause of the price and it came with ALL the DLC) so I'm more than likely going to get this on the 360 just for the better peformance. Disc swaps be damned!

anyone else with same issues?

delirium

From what i´ve read it takes more to
Deus Ex
than anything else. So i actually like it.
I read this on a random forum, it makes sense but it could be BS. It comes from someone who worked on the games. The original motivation of the Reaper that was planned out for the trilogy was:
The Reapers in the game now was organics vs synthetics which doesn't make sense because they use the geth and they themselves are basically synthetics.

The ORIGINAL ending was that they were created to stop the spread of dark energy that would eventually tear the universe apart. That's why there so much foreshadowing in ME1 and ME2 about dark energy. The Reapers where nations of people who has become what they were to stop the spread of dark energy.

The original choice for the game was Paragon: Kill the Reapers and hope that the races of the galaxy find a way stop this or Renegade: Sacrifice humanity in hopes that the end justify the means.

I found that to be much better than the motivation in ME3.

Patryn

I'm about 16 hours in, and I've been on Earth for maybe a half hour.

You'll be on other planets, but it doesn't really have that same sense of exploration that ME1 had. I think I could somewhat compare it to ME2's exploration. Kind of?

Guesong

So I'm about 5 hours in. I'm just saying this:

*early game spoilers*
If Shepard is the Catalyst for the Prothean weapon contraption I will instantly quit this game.

But you would only know that if you reach the end of the game, in which case you'd have played the entirety of the game anyways!

...that'd have been cool and probably would have saved my opinion of this.

I'm about 16 hours in, and I've been on Earth for maybe a half hour.

You'll be on other planets, but it doesn't really have that same sense of exploration that ME1 had. I think I could somewhat compare it to ME2's exploration. Kind of?

which platform are you playing on?

Top Bottom