• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Anyone think the N7 weapons and the M55 rifle will be DLC at some point, or really anything from the CE?

the M55 is pre-order, I can't see the N7 weapons becoming DLC, but I can see the M55 and the Gamestop and Origin pre-order bonuses becoming dlc.

But the M55 sucks anyway, so it doesn't matter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The missions listed as "Priority" are storyline missions. For safety, always try to do all sidequests (minus the fetch sidequests) on the related planet before going into the main Priority Mission.

There is no "timed" mission per se, like the final ME2 segment if you wanted to save everyone. Take your time, do the sidequests, there's no penalty for it.

About 35-40 % I'd say.

Thanks, got super nervous because it seemed like a really shitty idea when people passingly mentioned it in this thread.

Patryn

I'm pretty sure I screwed up.

On Tuchanka,
Mordin died. I wanted to keep him alive, but I'm pretty sure I made a wrong choice somewhere. I have a feeling that it was the choice whether to tell them about the sabotage. I choice to wait on the second time it came up.

Was that the reason why it turned out like that?

My Mordin died, and I chose to tell them on both occasions.

Salih

to those, who already beat the game: How far am i right now?

I need to go to Thessia to find an Asari Artifact that could help me find the catalyst.

Is there still alot to come mainquest-wise or is this one of the last missions?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Question regarding ME2 character appearing in ME3 (a little ways into the game);
Is Grunt actually on my ship, and if so, where is he? The way people talk it seems like he's there, but I can't find him.

Also can't wait to see the ending people complain about. Have this gut feeling I'll like it.

Guesong

I need to go to Thessia to find an Asari Artifact that could help me find the catalyst.

It is one of the last missions...in fact it's the final one before the mission that is the point of no return IIRC

Question regarding ME2 character appearing in ME3 (a little ways into the game);
Is Grunt actually on my ship, and if so, where is he? The way people talk it seems like he's there, but I can't find him.

Also can't wait to see the ending people complain about. Have this gut feeling I'll like it.

Grunt never comes aboard. You may find him in a sidequest, however.

And no, you won't. I refuse to believe the big ME fan will like it.

Dave_6

the M55 is pre-order, I can't see the N7 weapons becoming DLC, but I can see the M55 and the Gamestop and Origin pre-order bonuses becoming dlc.

But the M55 sucks anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I was just wondering. I've only used the M55 at the shooting range and I didn't like the shit ton of recoil it has.

Going online will not change the ending AT ALL. So long as you do sidequests properly and don't rush thru the game with no war asset at all in the end, you'll get the best ending you can obtain.

Ah okay, so online is mainly a backup option for people that rush through the game.

Tacitus_

You're on the
last third
, approximately.

It is one of the last missions...in fact it's the final one before the mission that is the point of no return IIRC

You remember wrong, there's at least the
Sanctuary mission

delirium

I'd say you're about 75% there. The next main quest after that is the point of no return.

protonion

Major glitch on ps3. Right before going to Tuchanka for the first time, I was going around doing side quests. At that point I could not go in that Citadel area where Garrus is (docking area I think).
The screen goes blank at the loading screen. It is not random, I tried several times. No problems elsewhere. Is there supposed something to happen there?

I'll return later after doing some missions and see what happens.

Also an early side quest question

The one you have to free an asari for aria. I talked to her through a screen and decided not to let her out.I chose "I'll think something else" or something. What is the next step?

Guesong

The one you have to free an asari for aria. I talked to her through a screen and decided not to let her out.I chose "I'll think something else" or something. What is the next step?

Find the second-in-command in the Commons area, convince him to take the lead.

Tacitus ^^ : You are right, there's that one as well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Grunt never comes aboard. You may find him in a sidequest, however.

And no, you won't. I refuse to believe the big ME fan will like it.

Cool, thanks.

And I hope I do. The only ending I can think of that would piss me off is a sappy "Shepard flies off into the sunset and all the races hold hands singing kumbaya to ever lasting peace". Fuck that.

Major glitch on ps3. Right before going to Tuchanka for the first time, I was going around doing side quests. At that point I could not go in that Citadel area where Garrus is (docking area I think).
The screen goes blank at the loading screen. It is not random, I tried several times. No problems elsewhere. Is there supposed something to happen there?

Same thing happened to me. It froze every time I tried to go straight from the Normandy dock to the holding area, it worked if I went to another level (like the embassies) first.

Kem0sabe

My guess is Vega's there for players who had their Garrus get killed.

Having Wrex/Mordrin/Kasumi/Thane as a permanent companion instead of Vega would have been a much better option. Vega is a waste of space and a burden on EDI´s air recycling effort...

Finished, fucking amazing game, almost all was presented better than I expected.

I'm not sure how to feel about the ending, I will try some multiplayer to see if I can get the best one, but from Mars to the last mission, fucking great, without a doubt some of the best hours I've had in this console generation, a little behind ME1 in terms of the franchise.

Lakitu

st5fu
3 hours in and thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Early game spoilers.
I'm really liking all the interaction so far with my number 1 waifu Ashley, it's pretty touching to see my Shepard so concerned about her. I've just got aboard the Normandy.

I have to say, I loved the Mars mission. It was very well paced. Hopefully they only get better.

Taking a break now to clean and eat. Then back to it. It's lived up to my expectations so far and the auto-dialogue isn't as bad as I thought.

prwxv3

I hope there is DLC that makes Vega's casual cloths his combat armor or something like that. He looks so much better with the armor.

Solo

tumblr_lyzmapB7MR1qg7u91o1_250.gif

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Where do I (minor side quest spoiler)
find the evidence regarding the diplomats missing son? Journal is no help.

The ambassador wondering about his son Bilal who's a soldier? If so, you need to go to the planet mentioned in the journal, and find a clue there on the ground, i think that planet opened up for me after a certain point, i had to go there for something else and got it done

Kem0sabe

Possibly dead/possibly dead/possibly dead/possibly dead.

Then don´t have him or anyone else at all, or don´t sideline
Ashley
to make up the squad lineup. Javik is a good example of how to add a new companion in a third game of a long running series without marginalizing the character.

To add another human who is a walking cliche just to make up some arbitrary squad number is ridiculous.

GSR

Logged about 8 hours into it now. I've been really enjoying it, but if I had to pick two problems they would be:
  • The neutered conversation system. There's a huge increase in automatic conversations, and actual conversations more often than not wind up giving Shepard two choices. What's more, I've seen one Charm/Intimidate prompt and one just-Charm prompt thus far - and the latter was setup for a romance I wasn't going to pursue. It's sort of jarring to constantly get reputation/Paragon/Renegade points when you never get to actually use them.
  • The new journal system. Lumping everything into one column and then removing any sort of progress indicator besides "done" and "not done" is just a mess, especially considering how many sidequests the game throws at you.

Guesong

Finished, fucking amazing game, almost all was presented better than I expected.

I'm not sure how to feel about the ending, I will try some multiplayer to see if I can get the best one, but from Mars to the last mission, fucking great, without a doubt some of the best hours I've had in this console generation, a little behind ME1 in terms of the franchise.

You got the best one. You don't need multiplayer for it.

Gosh BioWare really created a clusterstorm of a myth about that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
[*]The new journal system. Lumping everything into one column and then removing any sort of progress indicator besides "done" and "not done" is just a mess, especially considering how many sidequests the game throws at you.

Yeah, i had to use the Mass Effect Wiki to help in some Citadel sidequest for finding terminals, since there is no hints, no indications at all after the 1st one...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The missions listed as "Priority" are storyline missions. For safety, always try to do all sidequests (minus the fetch sidequests) on the related planet before going into the main Priority Mission.

I'm about to go to Tuchanka (I'm at work right now, so I don't have the game in front of me). I have a bunch of side quests to do before I go do the main quest. How is Tuchanka set up? Is it easy to miss where I go for the side quests? Are they on the way to the main quest?

I just really don't want to fuck this up. :p

Patryn

I'm about to go to Tuchanka (I'm at work right now, so I don't have the game in front of me). I have a bunch of side quests to do before I go do the main quest. How is Tuchanka set up? Is it easy to miss where I go for the side quests? Are they on the way to the main quest?

If you select Tuchanka, you get something similar to the planet scanning thing. You'll see highlighted points for all the missions on Tuchanka. Just scan over the point for the mission you want, and choose land.

Guesong

The main mission on each story planet has the objective listed as being very obvious that it is the main one.

For instance, Tuchanka IIRC :
I had 2 missions on Tuchanka that were not obvious "keel cerberus base" nonrelated quest. Primarch Victus gives you one, Wrex or Wreav gives you one (but that one is on another planet entirely). The main mission is "Cure the krogan genophage", while the Victus sidequest is something about rescuing a turian squad. Obviously, the genophage one is the main one.

Do I lose sidequests if I do the
quests for Wrex looking for his scout team and the Primarch's team? Or only after completing the Tuchanka quest?

About the ending
I couldn't get the peace between the Quarians and Geth and finished the game with 3000-something War Assets, from what I know there's a Shepard alive ending if you finish the game with 4000 War Assets and certain criteria, or 5000 War Assets

Guesong

Do I lose sidequests if I do the
quests for Wrex looking for his scout team and the Primarch's team? Or only after completing the Tuchanka quest?

You don't lose any.

I do not know if completing the main quest in that one would lead to the other ones being unavailable. But just do them beforehand anyways, you don't lose anything whatsoever.

Kem0sabe

About the ending
I couldn't get the peace between the Quarians and Geth and finished the game with 3000-something War Assets, from what I know there's a Shepard alive ending if you finish the game with 4000 War Assets and certain criteria, or 5000 War Assets

If im not mistaken, having over 5000 War Assets is no easy task without MP...

prwxv3

You don't lose any.

I do not know if completing the main quest in that one would lead to the other ones being unavailable. But just do them beforehand anyways, you don't lose anything whatsoever.

so its like in two where you should do all of the side quests before getting the reaper IFF.

Where do I (minor side quest spoiler)
find the evidence regarding the diplomats missing son? Journal is no help.

I think it's the N7 mission on benning. I must have missed the body, but I was able to purchase the information from the spectre terminal in the embassy district on the citadel after I did the mission. I assume it's some sort of failsafe built into the questing system.

Guesong

About the ending

Hmm, all I see is some vague video of youtube with no sound.

Meh, whatever. If it is true, I guess that's something.
But really, a small and vague video of his armor breathing, if true, does not save anything from the trainwreck that is the ending. I have my doubts. The man got turned into ashes, his skin melted away, and the Child clearly listed him as disappearing in at least 2/3 of the options. Which leads me to believe the video can only be obtained if you choose the Renegade option, since it's the only that leads into him not going Neo on us.

Derrick01

Banned

Which is weird because they said when they revealed MP that you wouldn't have to play MP to get everything.

Then they re-iterated that when the game came out and people still didn't get it.

kai3345

Banned
So in regards to some Mass Effect 2 characters.

I heard that whether or not they were loyal to you in Mass Effect 2
could affect their fate in Mass Effect 3?

Is that true?

prwxv3

Which is weird because they said when they revealed MP that you wouldn't have to play MP to get everything.

Then they re-iterated that when the game came out and people still didn't get it.

If anything the MP contributing to the SP is a good thing. If you screw up during the game and there is no way to get any more assets you can play the MP and still get the perfect ending.

Top Bottom