• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Acidote

Hey guys, I'm about to start the game and I'm importing one of my characters and I have this question:

Before confirming the import, theres a recap of my decisions in previous games. The thing is, I played Shadow Broker and I
romanced Liara, but it shows as if I romanced nobody in ME2
, is that usual?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wait, am I missing something? Why can't I use my Shepard from ME1? Do I really need to rebuild the face? What the fuck?

[Mordin]Known bug. Bioware looking at it. Although no idea how long its going to take. You can check the OP for a way to "transfer" the face. Not perfect.[/Mordin]

Patryn

So is the Conrad Vernor stuff in this game just Bioware's way of thanking people for being completionists in ME1? I love it.

bigace33

So in regards to some Mass Effect 2 characters.

I heard that whether or not they were loyal to you in Mass Effect 2
could affect their fate in Mass Effect 3?

Is that true?
I was thinking this was a possibility.
Especially on the mission with Grunt, it seemed like he was supposed to had died on that mission with the Arachni.

Which is weird because they said when they revealed MP that you wouldn't have to play MP to get everything.

Then they re-iterated that when the game came out and people still didn't get it.

Oh, and they're right, but you need a really efficient walkthrough that I didn't achieve.

iavi

Wait, am I missing something? Why can't I use my Shepard from ME1? Do I really need to rebuild the face? What the fuck?

This actually pissed me off. I had the same guy throughout the whole series, and I couldn't even finish it with him, choices aside. Good Job, Bioware. I tried to make my new shep look as similar as I could, but the models just look altogether different so it got hard to pinpoint.

bigace33

Hey guys, I'm about to start the game and I'm importing one of my characters and I have this question:

Before confirming the import, theres a recap of my decisions in previous games. The thing is, I played Shadow Broker and I
romanced Liara, but it shows as if I romanced nobody in ME2
, is that usual?
"nobody" means you did not romance any female from your Normandy crew. The game takes all your Shadow Broker stuff into account.

Dilly

Banned
FINALLY, I have my collector's edition.

Looks awesome, having a PC version is definately a plus for the boxart.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If you select Tuchanka, you get something similar to the planet scanning thing. You'll see highlighted points for all the missions on Tuchanka. Just scan over the point for the mission you want, and choose land.

Ah, that's very helpful. Thanks! I was worried I'd have to navigate some hub and would go the "wrong" way and go to the main mission by mistake, locking myself out of the side stuff.

I don't even want to play the game if I can't play as my Shepard.

Can someone post a link to where Bioware said it was a bug and getting fixed? I'd rather wait than play with a bastardized version of my character.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Especially on the mission with Grunt, it seemed like he was supposed to had died on that mission with the Arachni.

Correct.
If you choose to aid the Rachni queen's escape, his squad is wiped out, and if he isn't loyal from ME2 so will he.

Also, did I imagine this, or is there a place to buy books? I swear when I first started playing the game one of the stores was selling a bunch of books or something. Now I cant find it.

Kem0sabe

Having done the loyalty missions successfully in ME2 means those characters can survive events in ME3.

iavi

Also, did I imagine this, or is there a place to buy books? I swear when I first started playing the game one of the stores was selling a bunch of books or something. Now I cant find it.

The Sirta kiosk in the Hospital on the Citidel. I was actually wondering what those were for.

Bisnic

Can someone post a link to where Bioware said it was a bug and getting fixed? I'd rather wait than play with a bastardized version of my character.

They said they were looking at the issue, no date given. Last time i checked, there was over 40 pages on the Bioware Social forums "official" thread. And that was on Day 1.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Sirta kiosk in the Hospital on the Citidel. I was actually wondering what those were for.

I never bought them and now they're all gone :(. The only thing that I can ever buy there are medi-gel supplies.

bigace33

Correct.
If you choose to aid the Rachni queen's escape, his squad is wiped out, and if he isn't loyal from ME2 so will he.

Wow!
my mind is blown because I really thought Grunt was going to die. lol I got pretty emotional when he was fighting and buckling under the Rachni attacks. So far that scene has been the highlight for me. Good to see my Paragon choices from ME 2 still paying off.
. I'm pretty sure there is a book store as the previous 2 ME games had one, I have not run across it though.

K' Dash

Fucking Aeropost are taking forever to deliver my fucking ME3, FUCK!

JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Correct.

Now that's interesting. I'm glad I did that in ME2, then.

bigace33

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, but mine got detected pretty good. They got everything pretty much right when I imported. I had to tweak the nose, eyes and skin color a bit. Took me literally less than a minute.

Solo

They said it was a bug....and then linked to a fanmade program. lolz. That shit is never getting fixed.

They said they were looking at the issue, no date given. Last time i checked, there was over 40 pages on the Bioware Social forums "official" thread. And that was on Day 1.

What a freaking bummer. I burned through ME2 in 2 days, 100% the damn thing to get my ME1 Shepard ready for 3. I put of playing 3 when I had time just to get through ME2. (Stolen xbox made me lose the ME2 save). Luckily, I had pictures of the ME1 character setup screens so I can get it fairly, close, but the new changes make it look nothing like my character. The eyes aren't the same, the hair texture isn't the same, the nose is slightly different.

Hmm.

Bisnic

They said it was a bug....and then linked to a fanmade program. lolz. That shit is never getting fixed.

I think the issue is too big for them to ignore this forever. It's not a simple bug like a fetch quest that can't be completed due to certain events, it's your freaking ME1 face.

Patryn

I think the issue is too big for them to ignore this forever. It's not a simple bug like a fetch quest that can't be completed due to certain events, it's your freaking ME1 face.

I'm just really amazed that it got past them. You'd think importing would be one of the features that they'd most heavily test, given the figures they got from ME2.

DTKT

I'm just really amazed that it got past them. You'd think importing would be one of the features that they'd most heavily test, given the figures they got from ME2.

It didn't get "past" them. It was probably found but deemed not be a "serious" issue, marked as a "we can still ship this game bug".

Welcome to QA.

EatChildren

If BioWare ever do something, the best we'll see out of it is a face exporting tool or something. The problem is ME3 doesn't take raw face data from ME2, like ME2 does from ME1. It only takes the face code. ME1 faces don't have codes, thus there's nothing to import from a ME2 save using a ME1 character. They'd have to write in some new code into the game itself that analyses the faces and I just don't see that happening.

Then again, a separate face exporting tool might not be possible on the 360. I mean, the data is there, and a tool can be written. It's a matter of integrating it into the game, and this is "patching Garrus' low res face in ME1 PC would be too big of a file size" BioWare. ME2 had bugged quests that were never fixed regardless of fan complaints.

I refuse to believe it got past them. Like DTKT said, they likely knew and didn't give a shit about prioritising it. Fans figured it out ages ago and were asking BioWare for an official stance on the matter. Priestly's big "Maybe you guys should try not importing a character for your first playthough! Wouldn't that be so much fun!" blog post on the forum reeked of trying to cover BioWare's arse.

According to the thread on the bioware site that I quickly scanned (to avoid possible spoilers), they've know about this bug for a while and their official response was something akin to "just remake the face".

Trey

Traynor/Kelly:
When Traynor rejected my Shepard's advances with "I'm a lesbian", I could just imagine him wishing Cerberus ain't pop Kelly between the eyes.

Can I play the multiplayer and build the galaxy readiness without starting a save for the single player? Or, do you play as your Shepard in multiplayer? I'm not starting single player until they fix the face issue.

thetrin

yeah how?!

Back button on 360. F5 on PC (as always). I assume it's select on PS3.

Can I play the multiplayer and build the galaxy readiness without starting a save for the single player? Or, do you play as your Shepard in multiplayer? I'm not starting single player until they fix the face issue.

I guess you didn't play the multiplayer demo? You play as a faceless soldier in multiplayer.

Readiness, as far as I know, is global to your origin account. So even if you start a game after playing multiplayer, your readiness level in multi is stored, and then applied to every character you create in single player.

So yeah, it's totally beneficial to play multi until you're ready to play single player.

Top Bottom