• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Solo

They should have just used raw data all the way through. Or face codes. Not this switching systems half way through junk.

Patryn

Can I play the multiplayer and build the galaxy readiness without starting a save for the single player? Or, do you play as your Shepard in multiplayer? I'm not starting single player until they fix the face issue.

You play as random people, not Shepard. And, yeah, you can play multiplayer without doing single player.

EA doesn't do paper manuals anymore. If you notice, the top part of the pause menu is now MANUAL.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They should have just used raw data all the way through. Or face codes. Not this switching systems half way through junk.

I think I was a lot more annoyed about the whole thing before I was able to just recreate my Shep's face from ME1/2 in 5 minutes.

"you can't use your ME1 Shepard face"

Okay so I haven't booted the game up yet, but is it true that I can't play with my Shepard?

Or does it only apply to folks that didn't play ME2?

edit: nevermind, found the update in the OP. This is fucking ridiculous bullshit. I don't know why I keep giving money to EA.

Game is incredible so far. I experienced this weird issue last night (360 version) where the audio sounds scratchy and the framerate takes a huge dip. I'm about 10-12 hours in on
Sur'kesh (Salarian's homeworld).
Anyone else experience the same issues?

Tess3ract

Banned
I don't know how people are putting up such long playtimes. I did EVERYTHING in 1 and 2, my playtimes are around 18 and 22, respectively. ME3 took me about 30 hours to complete, and I missed a couple sidequests.
I'm not even at the geth/quarian and i've spent like 16 hours so far...

This is me taking my time though and not skipping text.

Has anyone been having problems with the PS3 version getting a black screen when loading at the Citadel? This happened to me three times now. When I go to a different location at the Citadel I get the loading screen then it goes to a black screen. I have to reset my PS3 every time that happens :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm at 18 hours and I'm just about to go to
Priority: Tuchanka
. I play slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Speaking of, what's the deal with the supposed timed quests? I've done a lot of side quests but nothing at all has run out on me, and I mean, look at my play time. It's not like I rush.

Yeah, i had to use the Mass Effect Wiki to help in some Citadel sidequest for finding terminals, since there is no hints, no indications at all after the 1st one...

Before I leave the Citadel, I go to every level and just open up the map. If there's someone you can turn a quest into or a terminal or whatever, it'll be listed.

RedSwirl

At Grissom Academy, the first time I encountered a
biotic kid holding up a barrier to keep away Cerberus agents, is it wrong if the first thing it reminded me of was Shikimaru holding up his shadow possession Jutsu during the Konoha invasion in Naruto
?

So it turns out I completely forgot that I preordered a copy of ME3 collector's edition from BB (instore pickup). Got the pc version and am happily playing already, should I just ebay it or cancel the order?

I'm at 18 hours and I'm just about to go to
Priority: Tuchanka
. I play slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Speaking of, what's the deal with the supposed timed quests? I've done a lot of side quests but nothing at all has run out on me, and I mean, look at my play time. It's not like I rush.

I don't think they are timed but if you are finishing Priority (main story) missions before you finish certain side quests, those side quests in question get removed from your list. That's my understanding of it.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
If you haven't been able to import an ME2 save to ME3, just load up ME2 again and do the Suicide mission again. Once done that will allow you to get your dude into ME3.

Hope that helps anyone who is sat there wondering why their saves won't import.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Before I leave the Citadel, I go to every level and just open up the map. If there's someone you can turn a quest into or a terminal or whatever, it'll be listed.

I know, but that particular quest showed nothing since i had to find multiple terminals. It was quite annoying.
It was the quest with Kasumi and the "indoctrinated" Hanar.

Her entire model in general just looks forced and totally weird.

Agreed. I can’t put my finger on it, her body seems to have some kind of contorted lizard-esque quality to it. Also Chobot comes off a little uncomfortable/nervous reading her lines and there’s a pretty jarring disconnect between male Shepard’s lines being professionally read and her.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't believe I've played for 11 hours and have only done one priority mission past the intro. I'm savoring this one and it's wonderful.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Is there a way to assign a power of my choice to the squad quick ability function (Q and E for PC)? For example, Liara has two offensive powers: Warp and Singularity. Can I just make it so Warp is always her quick ability? It usually defaults to Singularity for me, but I'd prefer it if it was Warp.

Plissken

Sucks to hear people having issues with their imported Shepard. I guess I was lucky that mine exported fine, been having a blast with the game so far.

The From Ashes DLC really feels like it should have been in the main game, if you're a lore fan it's got a lot of info you'd want to know.

I love Joker, he keeps getting better with each game. I couldn't imagine anyone else except Seth Green playing him.

First thing I did when I got onto the Normandy was talk to Joker. I wasn't disappointed, loved his "Let me know if you want to call the council so you can hang up on them, you know, for old times sake".

Melchiah

Fuck. I had to go and buy another (more expensive) copy, and have to return my preordered copy tomorrow, as the post office had once again screwed up. Well, at least I get to start the game tonight.

Dany

Banned
Master and Commander
Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.

How much is most? How much multiplayer to get it up to 100%

Anyone, I'm curious, I like the MP but I dunno how much investment I should place on it when playing the SP...

"you can't use your ME1 Shepard face"

Okay so I haven't booted the game up yet, but is it true that I can't play with my Shepard?

Or does it only apply to folks that didn't play ME2?

edit: nevermind, found the update in the OP. This is fucking ridiculous bullshit. I don't know why I keep giving money to EA.

Yeah so dumb. I've played ME1 and ME 2 about 6 times using the same shepard, and ME2's colors are pretty de-saturated, so my ME1 imported Shepard's eyes stood out really well, and I liked that alot. But the face code thing forces me to use the only shade of green ME2 has. Disappointing.

Denzar

Hi guys, a question. My class is adept, and in Mass Effect 2 I could pull guys towards me, and then throw them and they'd fly away nice and far. That is thanks to the low cooldown times, so basically I was combining powers really really fast-like.

During the opening of ME3, with my imported character, everything seemed to work like it did in ME2. I was pulling and throwing guys like never before, and it felt GREAT. Now, I've leveled up (lvl. 31) and the cooldown on my Pull and Throw powers is gigantic...Meaning I can't combine those powers anymore. I haven't upgraded my powers at all...

Do you guys have the same thing? 'Cause man, is it frustrating! It takes the fun out of playing as an adpet... Why BioWare?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hi guys, a question. My class is adept, and in Mass Effect 2 I could pull guys towards me, and then throw them and they'd fly away nice and far. That is thanks to the low cooldown times, so basically I was combining powers really really fast-like.

During the opening of ME3, with my imported character, everything seemed to work like it did in ME2. I was pulling and throwing guys like never before, and it felt GREAT. Now, I've leveled up (lvl. 31) and the cooldown on my Pull and Throw powers is gigantic...Meaning I can't combine those powers anymore. I haven't upgraded my powers at all...

Do you guys have the same thing? 'Cause man, is it frustrating! It takes the fun out of playing as an adpet... Why BioWare?

Cool downs are related to encumberance from weapon weight. The more guns, the longer the recharge time. Try using just a pistol or an SMG. That will boost recharge times a ton.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

You're using too many weapons. Just use a pistol and SMG.

Reduce the # of guns you bring. I either just use 1 assault rifle or 1 pistol

Denzar

Haha, man! How stupid of me! 'cause I use my powers most of the time, I don't really need guns.

Thanks dudes, you never disappoint.

Finished it. Great game. I still liked ME2 better in so ways. I much prefer the interactions in that game. Your ship feels.. empty in ME3 compared to ME2 and I didn't care for the characters that are in your squad compared to who they left out.

So yeah, just for a break in the spoilers and in honor of ME3, I'm going to share one of my all time favorite photos of the surface of Mars, showing the trails that dust devils have left across the dunes.

Click for super duper version.

X-Frame

OMG, can't get over how unorganized the Journal is now. I don't know which ones I need to hold on to before I can even attempt to finish them and which ones I can do now. Even worse, is when you obtain the means to finish a quest, the Journal gives NO indication of such.

ME2's Journal >>>>>>>>>>>> ME3's Journal

Top Bottom