• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Just found a sweet deal for ME3 for PC, GMG has a one time use code

GMG has a 20% off code that works both on normal digital download, and digital Deluxe (Redeemed via origin)

Mass Effect 3 (PC Digital Download) for $60 - $12 w/ voucher code TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20 = $48
Mass Effect 3 (PC Digital Deluxe) for $80 - $16 w/ voucher code TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20 = $64

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/rpgs/mass-effect-3-row/

Thanks SD,
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/70504/green-man-gaming-mass-effect-3-pc-digital-download?#comments

Carbonox

Alright, how the fuck does this online pass work? I go to the screen, put in the code, it downloads, installs then goes back to the screen where you first clicked download on the pass. Now what? I press O to back out cos it's the only thing I can do and it just takes me back to the main menu saying that I need to put the pass in. I go back, repeat the process, and the same shit happens.

It takes the code, it just won't do anything else? What am I supposed to do? Fuck this online pass cunt fucks.

Trey

On the topic of timed missions: before I went to Tuchanka
for its primary mission, I did the mission Primarch Victus gives you about his son. He tells you about a Cerberus bomb. I did some sidequests after that mission (didn't do the follow-up bomb defusing mission right away) and got an email from Wrex saying the bomb blew up and that many people were dead. But when I went to Tuchanka, the mission was still available and I completed it (epic ending to it, by the way). The email led me to believe that the mission was "time" sensitive like the Omega-4 was in ME, but it turned out not to be the case. Don't know if it was a glitch or not.

Shepard

[early game spoiler]
Mars
has to be the best single mission in the trilogy. Started the game today, and Damn it's good.

JaCy

OMG, can't get over how unorganized the Journal is now. I don't know which ones I need to hold on to before I can even attempt to finish them and which ones I can do now. Even worse, is when you obtain the means to finish a quest, the Journal gives NO indication of such.

ME2's Journal >>>>>>>>>>>> ME3's Journal

Tell me about it, I didn't even know I had one of the medi gel upgrades for one of the quests. Talk about poor design.

Dave_6

Well I caved and bought a standard copy for the 360. The PS3 versions framerate issues are bugging the shit out of me. I'm going to go ahead and finish it on the PS3 cause I need to finish my ME2 360 playthrough so I can carry it over.

Should I install both discs to the HD?

KorrZ

Man the "Missing Squad" mission...
Was so damn epic, I chose to buy the Rachni Queen some time so she could help the war effort. Grunt told me to run while he held off the husked-out Rachni. The cutscene of him fighting them off and the music was just so perfect, I thought for sure he was going to die :( and then he triumphantly emerges.
Just such an epic moment and a perfect example of why I love this game, and the Mass Effect trilogy in general.

X-Frame

Man the "Missing Squad" mission...
Was so damn epic, I chose to buy the Rachni Queen some time so she could help the war effort. Grunt told me to run while he held off the husked-out Rachni. The cutscene of him fighting them off and the music was just so perfect, I thought for sure he was going to die :( and then he triumphantly emerges.
Just such an epic moment and a perfect example of why I love this game, and the Mass Effect trilogy in general.

He is the
Perfect Krogan
after all!!

Lakitu

st5fu
So... uh, where's the Shrike Abyssal system to get
that artifact that would help in the war effort?
It's not anywhere.

Dany

Banned
It's not anywhere.

Did you 100% the cluster? If you did then you have the asset.

The way I play now is when a new system opens up even if it has reapers. I just 100% it to get assets and everything out of it then go to the citadel and see if anyone wants it.

Truant

Regarding the endgame:

Does the bar need to be completely filled to get the best ending? Mine is now roughly 7/10 and I started the final battle. The cutscenes are brutal, and I feel I should go back to a save I did right before I went after the Cerberus base. Any tips on what I should do?

RedSwirl

On the topic of timed missions: before I went to Tuchanka
for its primary mission, I did the mission Primarch Victus gives you about his son. He tells you about a Cerberus bomb. I did some sidequests after that mission (didn't do the follow-up bomb defusing mission right away) and got an email from Wrex saying the bomb blew up and that many people were dead. But when I went to Tuchanka, the mission was still available and I completed it (epic ending to it, by the way). The email led me to believe that the mission was "time" sensitive like the Omega-4 was in ME, but it turned out not to be the case. Don't know if it was a glitch or not.

If one planet has multiple missions, how do you choose!

It's not anywhere.

Do the Palaven mission first. I don't recall if it's after that one or not. If not then it's definitely available after the Sur'Kesh mission.

Derrick01

Banned
It gets bested by the rest of the game rather quickly, and often, in my opinion.

Yeah I did 2 relatively early missions, one main and one sidequest, that were better than that place IMO.

Actually I'm finding that pretty much all of the main story and real sidequests that I've done have been well done in some area or another. Whether the focus is on the combat or a subplot, they're executed much better than in ME2 and even 1.

Jhoan

I still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation email from gohastings.:(

I have a question that I've been itching to ask (well two). I'll tag it just in case anyone's never played the ME series.
Do the decisions that were made in Bring Down the Sky the sky get resolved in some way? For example, I think in at least 2 runs that I did, I let Balak and his friend go. Also do you ever go back to the apartment that you got for beating all the Pinnacle Station missions?

bengraven

Either Mordin or Wrex/Wreav has to die

That's why I sent
Mordin
. I knew it was going to be one or the other and I couldn't let the other die, no matter how creeped out I was starting to get.

I was still pretty heart-broken. What a way to go out.

Trey

If one planet has multiple missions, how do you choose!

Planet scanning, move the crosshair over the mission you want to do.

The way I play now is when a new system opens up even if it has reapers. I just 100% it to get assets and everything out of it then go to the citadel and see if anyone wants it.

Smart stuff.

Actually I'm finding that pretty much all of the main story and real sidequests that I've done have been well done in some area or another.

I agree. Aside from some of the N7 missions which are basically a truncated bronze multiplayer run, they're really well done in production at least. I get tired of fighting Cerberus so damn much though (those fuckin' engineers especially). It's really ridiculous how ubiquitous they are. All over the damn galaxy doing shit. ME3 went through great strides to make you dislike them again, in case you warmed up to them in ME2 considering they were the only group "right" in that game.

Antiochus

Some 40-50 posts ago there was a link to a ME1/ME2 saved games editor which one can use to artificially create a saved game for ME3 whatever way they want, especially for those who did not own ME1/ME2. Does anyone still have that link?

Antiochus

Finished it. Great game. I still liked ME2 better in so ways. I much prefer the interactions in that game. Your ship feels.. empty in ME3 compared to ME2 and I didn't care for the characters that are in your squad compared to who they left out.

Was the end story as dreadful as many feared 3-4 months back?

Derrick01

Banned
I agree. Aside from some of the N7 missions which are basically a truncated bronze multiplayer run, they're really well done in production at least. I get tired of fighting Cerberus so damn much though (those fuckin' engineers especially). It's really ridiculous how ubiquitous they are. All over the damn galaxy doing shit. ME3 went through great strides to make you dislike them again, in case you warmed up to them in ME2 considering they were the only group "right" in that game.

I even like the N7 missions more than 2's. The combat areas are smaller and more arena like but they do tend to have multiple ways for flanking opportunities but more importantly to me they at least feel like they belong to the story. It feels like I'm helping the war effort even if it's just a little by doing them, whereas in ME2 you'd find like some random trade ship that was attacked and it served pretty much no purpose to anything really.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh, I really hate how my import code didn't work properly. Tried to get as close as possible but I had black lips, matching eye liner and deep purple eyes. None of those things are selectable now so my character feels off. Just started but I get the feeling this is gonna bug me quite a lot.

REV 09

[early game spoiler]
Mars
has to be the best single mission in the trilogy. Started the game today, and Damn it's good.

really? it was fairly standard ME stuff imo, except the final bit. Overlord and Shadow Broker are easily better.

george_us

Finally got it last night and played it for 4 hours without even realizing it.

Can't wait until this weekend so I can hook it directly into my veins!

kai3345

Banned
I think my game is bugged. I'm on the Tuchanka side mission that the Turian diplomat sent me on, to rescue the team from the crashed ship, and im in this room that looks like its obviously set up for a firefight, but nothings happening and then ping is set to a wall that I can't advance past, ive looked everywhere.

Anyone else had this problem?

kai3345

Banned
Wow, I think you are realllly overrating Shadow Broker. It was nice and all, but best in the trilogy?

Ive played about 8 hours of 3 and I cant safely say that at least as of how far im into the game, Shadow Broker is without a doubt the best mission in the trilogy.

REV 09

i actually wasn't impressed by Palaven. The backdrop was cool, but the mission wasn't edited very well. the intro to a certain character is also handled rather poorly.

I still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation email from gohastings.:(

I have a question that I've been itching to ask (well two). I'll tag it just in case anyone's never played the ME series.
Do the decisions that were made in Bring Down the Sky the sky get resolved in some way? For example, I think in at least 2 runs that I did, I let Balak and his friend go. Also do you ever go back to the apartment that you got for beating all the Pinnacle Station missions?

Balak shows up briefly if he's alive. No apartment.

Derrick01

Banned
Shadow Broker is such an overrated mission.

Yeah it was pretty standard ME2 fare as far as combat went, it just threw some fancy side attractions in at times like the car chase and the outside part of the Broker's ship. The boss battles were kind of cool I suppose.

Mifune

Mehmber
Guys, NOTHING outdoes the battle for the Citadel at the end of ME1. Nothing.

I would agree with this.

In general, the missions in ME1 did the best job of making you feel part of a cohesive universe. And returning to your "safe" zone to do battle was definitely awesome.

O.DOGG

I finished it today. It was very, very good but I think ME2 was better. I think maybe it was the party characters. They were... I don't know. They were not as interesting this time around. That said, it's a great game. I'll probably play it again at some point.
Still not sure about that ending, though...

Top Bottom