• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

It gets bested by the rest of the game rather quickly, and often, in my opinion.

Yeah... I would say the
EVE Rescue mission
has been my favorite so far, but then again, ive only done like 6 missions altogether out of the 21 or so I have in my log. So i expect it only to get better!

Out of curiosity, was anyone else surprised by the disc swapping on 360? I was expecting something similar to ME2, not Star Ocean 4... :(

I wish it told you which quests/clusters were on what disc so i could better organize how i wanted to do quests...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hows the soundtrack?

Loved the previous games.

What little I've heard sounds like they have more retro arppeggiated synth tracks and less Hollywood symphonic fodder than ME2, which is a good sign so far. We'll see when I play further.

Guesong

But Palaven.

Virmire.

Illos.

Battle for the Citadel

Suicide Mission

>>>>>>>

Palaven doesn't last long at all. View was nice though.

To be quite honest it's been too long since I played ME1, so the details might be muddy on those. I don't recall Virmire or Ilos being particularly impressive though. Virmire especially ; locales were meh. Lore and story development was nice though.

Battle for the Citadel might be a good contender, as well as Suicide Mission, but I didn't include the endgame missions when I said that. T'would have been cheating. Else I'd say Suicide Mission > Shadow Broker.

I'm not saying Shadow Broker brought me the best moment of the trilogy, but as a mission as whole, I really think it's the best one all around.

Yea, the soundtrack is amazing, much better than 2, and even 1.

And +1 to the squad not being as good as before, I feel almost no connection to about half of the squad, and 1 in particular can get shot out of an airlock.

Dennis

Banned
Someone post a screenshot of this skybox.

I am on that moon now and I don't see what the big deal is.

Halo has better skyboxes.....and they look higher res too?

Anyone else get their CE from Gamestop.com and have it come unwrapped? Mine isn't shrink wrapped and they slapped the tape right on the box (open end) so when I pull it off its probably going to rip the box. Argh! /OCD rage!

Truant

Regarding the endgame:

Does the bar need to be completely filled to get the best ending? Mine is now roughly 7/10 and I started the final battle. The cutscenes are brutal, and I feel I should go back to a save I did right before I went after the Cerberus base. Any tips on what I should do?

Can anyone answer this? I'm not gonna bother with the awful N7 missions unless I have to.

Guesong

Can anyone answer this? I'm not gonna bother with the awful N7 missions unless I have to.

I don't think so. I just think it has to be above the minimum marker.

If you get like 5000-6000 War Assets, you apparantly get an extra (20 seconds long) video at the end possibly, depending on which path you take.

Man that nightmare was embarrassing. Better not be a recurring thing.

About that.... :)

Arjen

Man, great tie in with the books.
Visiting Grissom Academy and finally meeting Kahlee, awesome
Good to see David from Overlord was doing fine to, he even helped me to some upgrades by unlcoking a door.

That theme will forever define Mass Effect 3 for me.

So maybe Mansell only has a couple tracks on the soundtrack, but he really sets the tone of the game beautifully.

Oh that one is Mansell?

It's so good and yeah, it sells you on everything instantly. Like "AAA GET ON THAT SHIP WE GOTTA GO FIX THIS!!!!"

Guesong

This part makes me think its going to happen again...

...but this part makes it seem like ts all going to be ok.

I don't know what to believe.

Well I did not want to make it obvious.

If you really want to know, here :

---------------------Shepard has 3 nightmares over the course of the game IIRC-------------------

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Good to see David from Overlord was doing fine to, he even helped me to some upgrades by unlcoking a door.

I'm so glad David was OK. I felt so bad for him in Overlord. I was also really pumped to see Jack as a teacher there. Ever since the academy was mentioned I thought it would be a good place for her. They also managed to mature her a lot while still keeping her badass. Definitely a huge improvement for her.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really don't like the
dream sequences
at all. I get what BioWare was trying to do, but they did an exceptionally shitty, half arsed job of it. It also sounds like Mansells work during, and it pisses me off they focused his talent and music here.

RedSwirl

So far it seems like the starting sniper rifle is the most accurate and powerful in the game except maybe the Widow. Kinda sucks for Infiltrators.

Derrick01

Banned
Put up or shut up.

Skybox pic nao

I didn't take any pictures when I was there. You said you're there now,
you weren't impressed by the Reapers moving around in the distance blowing shit up with like half the planet burning in the background?
It was more beautiful than the static ME1 skyboxes.

kai3345

Banned
O cool my game froze

Oh, that's who that was? :lol I was like who the fuck is this dude

bigace33

Shadow Broker is the best mission in the trilogy.
lol no way. Shadow Broker was good, but it is nowhere near the best. I did love the character design of the Broker (looked really intimidating) and the graphics were phenomenal. I think Overlord had a better overall story and payoff than SB.

Arjen

I'm so glad David was OK. I felt so bad for him in Overlord. I was also really pumped to see Jack as a teacher there. Ever since the academy was mentioned I thought it would be a good place for her. They also managed to mature her a lot while still keeping her badass. Definitely a huge improvement for her.

I agree, really wel done.

Disc 1 = Main (Priority) Missions
Disc 2 = Side Missions

At least, that's how it is so far (7 Hours in)

Is that how it works? I figured it was cluster specific
when i did the priority quest on tuchanka i didn't have to put disc one back in since i was already there for a side quest
unless im missing something... or maybe it wasn't a priority quest...

Synless

I can't help but notice that there is more texture loading in this game than there was in ME2 (PS3 version). Planets have texture pop-in, even the skyboxes have pop-in (I've seen this only once). This wasn't an issue in ME2, at least, not as severe. The framerate is surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. Still not a stable 30fps like 360, but not terrible either.

Tucah

you speak so well
Anyone else get their CE from Gamestop.com and have it come unwrapped? Mine isn't shrink wrapped and they slapped the tape right on the box (open end) so when I pull it off its probably going to rip the box. Argh! /OCD rage!

That's just how it's packaged, I got my copy from Best Buy and my sister got hers through Amazon and both were just closed via some stickers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I really don't like the
dream sequences
at all. I get what BioWare was trying to do, but they did an exceptionally shitty, half arsed job of it. It also sounds like Mansells work during, and it pisses me off they focused his talent and music here.

I feel the same way. They're something I'm gonna dread doing in replays.

Woorloog

Banned
Just did the first part of "From Ashes" (well, i assume it was the first part). Cool stuff, fun stuff.
The game feels great.
The weapons are a bit weak though... the weight is highly restrictive for an Adept, i really need that 100% bonus recharge speed. Limits a lot of my choice of weapons, if i want to use anything else than SMGs and pistols, i cannot take more than one weapon in practice. And we all know how limiting one weapon is.
My main bane are shields, unsurprisingly, being an Adept. Is any particular weapon extremly effective against those? If not, i probably could stick with assault rifles due their versatility They're generally effective against shields like in ME2, are they not?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just did the first part of "From Ashes" (well, i assume it was the first part). Cool stuff, fun stuff.
The game feels great.
The weapons are a bit weak though... the weight is highly restrictive for an Adept, i really need that 100% bonus recharge speed. Limits a lot of my choice of weapons, if i want to use anything else than SMGs and pistols, i cannot take more than one weapon in practice. And we all know how limiting one weapon is.
My main bane are shields, unsurprisingly, being an Adept. Is any particular weapon extremly effective against those? If not, i probably could stick with assault rifles due their versatility They're generally effective against shields like in ME2, are they not?

No guns are effective against shields without disrupter ammo.

I didn't take any pictures when I was there. You said you're there now,
you weren't impressed by the Reapers moving around in the distance blowing shit up with like half the planet burning in the background?
It was more beautiful than the static ME1 skyboxes.

Yeah I was totally floored by that. Never felt so much like I was actually on the surface of a moon before.

Trey

Shadow Broker is the pinnacle of the Mass Effect franchise until ME3 hits its stride. Then it just consistently destroys that threshold over and over.

Dresden

The game feels great.

SMGs.

That said the one you start with sucks and isn't going to do much good. Either take someone with Overload or get used to warp-throw detonations to rip off shields.

Top Bottom