• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Marco1

Every single ground combat mission forces me to change discs. Every. single. one.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If side missions are to be all jumbled up on the two discs, the mission screen should list what disc each is on so you can clear them from disc 1 before going on to disc 2.

I agree, just started the intro and this news has really pissed me off.
If you install the 2nd Disc why must you still swap? They should have followed what Forza4 did.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I really don't like the
dream sequences
at all. I get what BioWare was trying to do, but they did an exceptionally shitty, half arsed job of it. It also sounds like Mansells work during, and it pisses me off they focused his talent and music here.

15 hours in, love basically everything except that. Doesn't fit in the slightest in either of my shepherd's actions to have that happen.

This game has caught me the same way the past 2 did. One more mission just one more convo oh god I gotta go sleep/workout/work/class etc im late

Also it's so over the top/poorly written that it seems like a drunken fan just jammed his fan fiction in randomly resulting in this awful shit.

Solo

If BioWare do another Mass Effect (or any game for that matter) with a one-button-does-all wonder they can take the game, shove it up their arse and fuck right off. The more they want to improve their shooting and encounters to feel like a top class third person shooter, the more obvious it becomes how goddamn, unbelievably stupid it is to control the game this way.

What is this in reference to?

Woorloog

Banned
Thinking about my playstyle and i've determined i need to change class. Good thing i haven't progressed far yet.
My choices: Vanguard or Sentinel as both have biotics but also others.
Currently leaning towards Vanguard... but i never was a fan of Charge in ME2. Even with ME3's enhanced melee (and Nova), not really a fan of close quarters combat in this game. Wondering i could play the game without Charge, or with very small reliance on it (finisher, to get away from groups), mostly using the mix of Pull, Shockwave, ammo powers and weapons.
Not exactly how the class is meant to be played... but it is closest to how i'd like to play. Not really a fan of class systems in RPGs and Action RPGs, i want to choose how i play, not choose from desinged playstyles. (Class system does not diminish my liking of Mass Effect though.)
Need to think of possible Sentinel builds before commiting on Vanguard though.

What is this in reference to?
Spacebar is use, roll, sprint and cover.

Thinking about my playstyle and i've determined i need to change class. Good thing i haven't progressed far yet.
Currently leaning towards Vanguard... but i never was a fan of Charge in ME2. Even with ME3's enhanced melee (and Nova), not really a fan of close quarters combat in this game. Wondering i could play the game without Charge, or with very small reliance on it (finisher, to get away from groups), mostly using the mix of Pull, Shockwave, ammo powers and weapons.
Not exactly how the class is meant to be played... but it is closest to how i'd like to play. Not really a fan of class systems in RPGs and Action RPGs, i want to choose how i play, not choose from desinged playstyles. (Class system does not diminish my liking of Mass Effect though.)
If you don't want to use Charge then play Adept/Sentinel so you can use Warp combos.

Zeliard

The beauty of ME3's new system is you can now tailor a class to your own playstyle.

Vanguard is classically a dominant close-range fighter, but now you can equip him with a sniper rifle if you want to take the hit to your recharge rate, and just sit back and own fools long-range.

Ahhh, I see. Can you not re-map the controls?

If not......lolololol Bioware

"Use/Cover/Storm" is all bound to the same button. You can change it from spacebar to something else, but it'll still all be tied to a button.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ahhh, I see. Can you not re-map the controls?

If not......lolololol Bioware

63B7n.png

Good luck with that.

Zeliard

These FOV changes are all terrible. I hate the default FOV and what Bioware did with the camera, but those FOV changes just fuck up the image. Look at the shape of the planet in the background.

Woorloog

Banned
The beauty of ME3's new system is you can now tailor a class to your own playstyle.

Vanguard is classically a dominant close-range fighter, but now you can equip him with a sniper rifle if you want to take the hit to your recharge rate, and just sit back and own fools long-range.
That is true and i really like that in ME3. I'd probably stick back, use Pull to draw enemies to my line of sight and then blast them with a shotgun or assault rifle. And use the other powers as needed. And of course i can always revert to CQC style if i get bored of hanging back.

On the other hand...
If you don't want to use Charge then play Adept/Sentinel so you can use Warp combos.

Considering this as Sentinel is extremly flexible. Playing as Adept currently but that class cannot deal with shields and there is too much overlap with Liara (romanced her) and the DLC character. Having either team mate to Pull enemies or trap the enemies in Singularity would allow me to detonate those or they could boost my Throws. All the while being able to get rid of shields with Overload. EDIT this one has issues with bonus power selection. Slam overlaps too much with Warp and Throw, unlike with Vanguard's powers (Pull+Slam combo is one of the best things in the whole Mass Effect series). What else i could use as bonus power? EDIT2 what about stacking Tech Armor and Fortification?

Both styles appeal to me.... How do you choose beetween two equally interesting things?

Dennis

Banned
These FOV changes are all terrible. I hate the default FOV and what Bioware did with the camera, but those FOV changes just fuck up the image. Look at the shape of the planet in the background.

A less extreme FOV leads to much less distortion but is still vastly superior to the default.

Middle Ground FOV

Wiggum2007

Is every N7 mission a reworked multiplayer arena/combat scenario? I'm tempted to skip more of them but I don't want to miss out on any story content by doing so.

Zeliard

You still get distortion either way, though, which sucks. I'm blaming Bioware, not people who try to fix the FOV, which is totally understandable.

Bioware doesn't seem to understand that when you're playing on PC, you're probably playing on a monitor, and if you're using a monitor, you're probably sitting pretty damn close to it.

Minamu

Am I the only one with problems getting ME3 to recognize my ME2 dlc events? Or is that normal? I did all of the me2 dlc after the ending and (me2 dlc spoilers and early me3)
Liara have no clue I was with her at the Shadow Broker and neither does my Shepard.
Can I do something about this?

Dennis

Banned
You still get distortion either way, though, which sucks. I'm blaming Bioware, not people who try to fix the FOV, which is totally understandable.

Bioware doesn't seem to understand that when you're playing on PC, you're probably playing on a monitor, and if you're using a monitor, you're probably sitting pretty damn close to it.

Now you are nitpicking the modified FOV.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Getting ready to begin what I'm assuming is the final mission. (Late game spoilers)

The fight against Kai Leng in the Illusive Man's room looked so cool. I took the Renegade interrupt afterwards when he was sneaking up on me, so I'm wondering if missing it would have resulted in EDI saving me at the cost of her body. Finding out the Citadel is the Catalyst was okay. I was expecting something else, but it doesn't really surprise me. And now I'm headed to Earth to presumably take it back.

One more thing.
Drunk
Tali is funny as shit.

Woorloog

Banned
Gotta ask, do Tech Armor and Fortification stack. Now i don't think i'm going to use that combo, it'd penalize power use way too much, if they stack. But it would make a nice tank/melee character.

Samara

Ugh, anyone playing their genocide Shepard doing ok? I only have 3 squad members, the 3 mandatory ones. It doesn't suck but it's not what it should be. I thought I would have Garrus's twin sister, but you don't. You get no alternative. Argh! Oh man, and I sent spoiler!!!!!!! spoiler!!!!!!!

Ashley to Hackett. It was the renegade option
I feel so fucking dumb. I wanna finish this fast and get to my paragon FemShep, but the game is sooo good. Can't believe I haven't turned the difficulty down to easy.

And is the DLC companion on the disc or is it the online pass? thanks!

Bowdz

Does anyone know where to find
Kasumi
? I haven't bumped in into her and she definitely survived my ME2 save.

ezekial45

Banned
Did not all of anyone else's choices not seem to carry over? So far there have been two instances where things I clearly remember doing in ME2 didn't seem to carry over.
I clearly remember doing the Shadow Broker mission, but Liara told me about how she got a squad together and stormed the previous SB's fortress, and now I'm doing a quest at an Asari Colony related to Morinth, who should be dead when Samara killed her in ME2.

Is this related to the 360 import save issue? This is beyond frustrating.

Considering this as Sentinel is extremly flexible. Playing as Adept currently but that class cannot deal with shields and there is too much overlap with Liara (romanced her) and the DLC character. Having either team mate to Pull enemies or trap the enemies in Singularity would allow me to detonate those or they could boost my Throws. All the while being able to get rid of shields with Overload. EDIT this one has issues with bonus power selection. Slam overlaps too much with Warp and Throw, unlike with Vanguard's powers (Pull+Slam combo is one of the best things in the whole Mass Effect series). What else i could use as bonus power? EDIT2 what about stacking Tech Armor and Fortification?

Both styles appeal to me.... How do you choose beetween two equally interesting things?
You can respec so you can see what you prefer.

Woorloog

Banned
Did not all of anyone else's choices not seem to carry over? So far there have been two instances where things I clearly remember doing in ME2 didn't seem to carry over.
I clearly remember doing the Shadow Broker mission, but Liara told me about how she got a squad together and stormed the previous SB's fortress, and now I'm doing a quest at an Asari Colony related to Morinth, who should be dead when Samara killed her in ME2.

Is this related to the 360 import save issue? This is beyond frustrating.

My import has worked fine so far. The game has gotten an update, maybe it fixed issues like that? If it did and you imported the save before the game was patched...
Once again a game that could have used a few weeks more testing...

Trey

so have we discussed the incredible homophobic backlash to this game yet?

Is there any? I feel like the gay characters were rather believable and developed, as far as I've gotten. Traynor is easily one of the most interesting non-party members in the franchise.

ezekial45

Banned
My import has worked fine so far. The game has gotten an update, maybe it fixed issues like that? If it did and you imported the save before the game was patched...
Once again a game that could have used a few weeks more testing...

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. I hate to see what else has been affected. I'm already too far in to stop now.

So the saves transfer just fine now after the patch?

abundant

Does anyone know where to find
Kasumi
? I haven't bumped in into her and she definitely survived my ME2 save.

You meet a Salarian in the Embassy, then you'l bump into her afterwards. If you've done Priority: Tuchanka, then you'll be locked out of this side quest.

- J - D -

i guess not. it is usually easier to ignore awkward issues afterall.

Nothing awkward about it or surprising, though I do wonder about the scale of this backlash. Where is it coming from? BSN? Fox News?

There are gay people in ME3, and it's not even in your face about it, but there will always be homophobic reactions to this kind of inclusion. Not much to talk about, IMO.

Hylian7

Okay, quick question. I heard about an interesting deal for this game on Green Man Gaming, but there's one thing I should know first. Is Green Man Gaming one of those sites that sells keys (possibly stolen) that Evilore made a sticky about a few months back?

inky

Okay, quick question. I heard about an interesting deal for this game on Green Man Gaming, but there's one thing I should know first. Is Green Man Gaming one of those sites that sells keys (possibly stolen) that Evilore made a sticky about a few months back?

No. GMG is a proper store, don't fret.

Guesong

Nah GMG is legit, which is why there's a GMG thread open somewhere.

Top Bottom