• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Ah, shit. I was on the verge of falling asleep last night so I forgot and it's not in the journal. Time to kill more time on the Citadel.

Just look through the maps of the Citidel, you can cycle through all the maps without actually moving to the different locations.

A few days ago a video leaked with Male Shepard and the Shuttle Pilot guy romance scenes. It was taken down from Youtube because of how many negative votes it got. Somebody even claimed they mailed it to Fox News.

We all know Kaiden is the way better option anyways. =P

I wondered if that guy was romanceable. :lol I didn't want to be too nice to him, because I still remember how everybody made you the center of their universe in DAII, regardless of their gender. God, that game had some awkward moments. The one moment I was ogling Isabella's cannons and the next Anders suddenly tries hitting on me.

At least it seems only Kaidan magically gets turned gay in this game if you're male, instead of every living being in the galaxy. Still kind of a shitty way to handle it, imo.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just look through the maps of the Citidel, you can cycle through all the maps without actually moving to the different locations.

Found him already using that. Thanks for the tip. I feel like an idiot. I guess that's what I get for playing for 6 hours straight.
KuGsj.gif

iavi

Early game citidel side mission: in the mission for
Aria, dealing with the Bailey and the Eclipse leader in jail, is there any way to complete the quest around that annoying powertrip?
She mentions her second in command and the game does give the option to look for another method, but I can't find him anywhere.

E: ^that map cycling tip actually did it. Found him. I've been playing without that all this time, lol.

Aria, dealing with the Bailey and the Eclipse leader in jail, is there any way to complete the quest around that annoying powertrip?
She mentions her second in command and the game does give the option to look for another method, but I can't find him anywhere.

Check the refugee camp, you'll find him near Garrus.

Do what I just told RoboPlato to do. You're doing the same quest. Look through the citidel maps for someone you haven't talked to.

GorillaJu

D2 Holding Bay, in a makeshift surgical zone

Guesong

I have a question for
Rannoch

How high
does my Paragon bar need to be so I can save both species?

It's not just related to Reputation Bar.

Basically, you have to obtain a minimum of 5 points. You can obtain these points by some events in ME2 and some in ME3.

I don't remember them all by heart, but if you did Tali's loyalty mission in ME2 and proved her innocence, that's 2 points. If you did Legion's loyalty mission and took the...destroy? option, I think (maybe it was rewrite), you get 2 points there as well. If you solved the Legion/Tali conflict, 1 point.

In ME3, if you go save Admiral Whathisname on the planet, and insist on rescuing him, that's 1 point. If you do Legion virtual reality mission, 1 point. And there's another event worth 2 point that I don't remember right now.

Here's the link for a handy flowchart of that, though it's missing some ME3 options. Pretty sure Legion's virtual reality also gives point.

Here it is

It's not just related to Reputation Bar.

Basically, you have to obtain a minimum of 5 points. You can obtain these points by some events in ME2 and some in ME3.

I don't remember them all by heart, but if you did Tali's loyalty mission in ME2 and proved her innocence, that's 2 points. If you did Legion's loyalty mission and took the...destroy? option, I think (maybe it was rewrite), you get 2 points there as well. If you solved the Legion/Tali conflict, 1 point.

In ME3, if you go save Admiral Whathisname on the planet, and insist on rescuing him, that's 1 point. If you do Legion virtual reality mission, 1 point. And there's another event worth 2 point that I don't remember right now.

Here's the link for a handy flowchart of that, though it's missing some ME3 options. Pretty sure Legion's virtual reality also gives point.

Here it is

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I have five points total, but it's not giving me the option. Hm. :/

Zeliard

Man I seriously can't imagine not having guys like Mordin and Wrex around during the post-Sur'Kesh stuff. It would feel so much different and just inferior. Wrex being dead is canon? Tsk tsk.

GorillaJu

All you people complaining about turrets need to play Infiltrator. They become a non-issue, in fact they give you an advantage in battle.

Derrick01

Banned
All you people complaining about turrets need to play Infiltrator. They become a non-issue, in fact they give you an advantage in battle.

Yup it's the first thing I do when I see one. It also works great with Atlas mechs and other large robotic things.

Man that last story mission I just did was pretty great too. Luckily I was able to solve it while avoiding disaster and the result of that was (mid to late story spoiler)
me gaining BOTH the geth fleet and the quarian fleet
. My readiness bar jumped the last 20-25% instantly because of that yet I still have a decent portion of game left I think. My chances are apparently even now it's telling me, with over 6300 strength.

Without spoiling anything major, could someone tell if the Mass Effect 2 DLC affects stuff that happens in ME3? My "first run" Shepard hasn't gone through Lair of the Shadow Broker or the Arrival, so I'm wondering if I should take the time to play through them with that character.

Just finished the
Attican traverse mission and met the Rachni queen again. Loved it! Scared the shit out of me though with Grunt! Damn, genuinely got emotional

Without spoiling anything major, could someone tell if the Mass Effect 2 DLC affects stuff that happens in ME3? My "first run" Shepard hasn't gone through Lair of the Shadow Broker or the Arrival, so I'm wondering if I should take the time to play through them with that character.

They do, at least in the sense that it is brought up a handful of times.

CrazyDude

Both are not that long, but if you short on time I would play shadow broker.

Raxus

Yeah Infiltrator is the EZ mode class in this game. You can counter turrets which makes engineers a non issue, you have freezing bullets which works with so many powers, and incinerate which does tons of damage to a frozen enemy and is super effective on armor. All you need to do is make sure your partners have Warp and Overload to help you fight shields and barriers. If you ever get into a tight spot you just have to use cloak. I have went through chunks of the game without firing a single shot.

Awesome! I've played through both on a different character, but that was ages ago, so it'll be a pretty fresh experience.

Thanks, guys!

Clegg

I played ME 1 and 2 on 360 but I'll be getting ME 3 for PS3. Will the lack of save data from 1 and 2 change the way the game progresses for me?

One of the high points of ME3 is just how much the ME1 and ME2 DLC add to the experience in ME3 (except Pinnacle Station).

There's even a scene that takes a character from ME1 DLC and he references things you did in ME2 DLC. It's all really awesome.

iavi

Early game: Seeing all the old faces is a trip. Really makes me realize how into this series I've become. I just ran into
Kelly, and I'm on the side-mission with Kasumi. Kasumi mentions that Jacob could have gotten her back on the Normandy,
there's no truth to that is there?

Simo

Stupid question but where is the Krogan DMZ on the Galaxy Map? I'm doing one of the early Citadel missions where
you have to rescue some mercs from a Reaper invasion in a system located in the Krogan DMZ but I can't seem to find it anywhere
....the mission sounds like a timed mission as well.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid question but where is the Krogan DMZ on the Galaxy Map? I'm doing one of the early Citadel missions where
you have to rescue some mercs from a Reaper invasion in a system located in the Krogan DMZ but I can't seem to find it anywhere
....the mission sounds like a timed mission as well.

It'll show up on the map later.

Early game: Seeing all the old faces is a trip. Really makes me realize how into this series I've become. I just ran into
Kelly, and I'm on the side-mission with Kasumi. Kasumi mentions that Jacob could have gotten her back on the Normandy,
there's no truth to that is there?

It's just a reference to her "monitoring" him in ME2.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Oh really? Hm, that won't effect the side mission then will it?

I was looking for it myself last night and couldn't find it so I just carried on with the story and it showed up after my next story mission. Worked just fine.

Basch

wow, I'm surprised some people have managed to finish this already. I've spent over 25 hours with the game and only got maybe a fourth of the war resources meter thing full. Not going to say what I think about the game because I don't want to jinx it.

Post, post tuchunka mission spoilers

The worst storyline in Mass Effect by far (squadmate oriented)

EDI's body, talking to Joker right now, and it's just, why?! It was funny in ME2 when they were joking but..... what the hell BioWare?

I definitely agree. It's one of the main reasons why I'm loving ME3 so much. I can already think of at least three main missions that are going to be vastly different for my Renegade Shepard all because of a few character deaths.

Mordin and Wrex are dead, so that affects the Krogan arc. Thane died and I didn't save the Council in ME1, so the Citadel invasion may have a different outcome. Tali is dead and Legion was never activated, so that affects the Quarian/Geth war.

I read that if (major mid-game Citadel spoilers)
Thane died in Mass Effect 2, then Kai Leng successfully assassinates the councilor.
Also, Kelly Chambers isn't showing up for me. :( I even tried reverting to an earlier save to see if I just missed her, but apparently I must have done something wrong in Mass Effect 2.

Bowdz

Post, post tuchunka mission spoilers

The worst storyline in Mass Effect by far (squadmate oriented)

EDI's body, talking to Joker right now, and it's just, why?! It was funny in ME2 when they were joking but..... what the hell BioWare?

It definitely comes off as Bioware trying to appease the dark side of the BSN, but I did like the line of dialogue about
EDI's overly sexualized body when she said "Jeff tried to insist that I didn't need to conform to a feminine ideal..."
It was a nice way to acknowledge the general consensus about the ever growing feminine proportions in Bioware's games.

Let me in

Character spoilers ~15h in
Miranda appeared once on the citadel. Then I got an email from her asking me to meet on on the station. She's listed under "points of interest" in the Citadel Embassies but she's nowhere to be found.
Seems like it's a shitty bug.

Dead

well not really...yet
Character spoilers ~15h in
Miranda appeared once on the citadel. Then I got an email from her asking me to meet on on the station. She's listed under "points of interest" in the Citadel Embassies but she's nowhere to be found.
Seems like it's a shitty bug.
Right in front of the Normandy exit door

broke up with her and made her cry

Top Bottom