• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Achtius

Store related question:

Anyone know where is the
Alliance Requisitions
, I am suppose to buy something from it but can't find it =_=;

Bowdz

Character spoilers ~15h in
Miranda appeared once on the citadel. Then I got an email from her asking me to meet on on the station. She's listed under "points of interest" in the Citadel Embassies but she's nowhere to be found.
Seems like it's a shitty bug.

Go to the Spectre intel room at the Embassies and connect with her through the comm. It is really poorly defined and took me forever to find.

Guesong

Character spoilers ~15h in
Miranda appeared once on the citadel. Then I got an email from her asking me to meet on on the station. She's listed under "points of interest" in the Citadel Embassies but she's nowhere to be found.
Seems like it's a shitty bug.

In the Spectre Office, right?

Check your terminals.

kai3345

Banned
God damn this game is just offing people left and right.

Also what happens if Thane died during ME2 when
Kai Leng shows up on the Citadel?
(4th? main mission spoiler)

Zeliard

"Can it wait? I'm in the middle of some calibrations."

The calibration jokes are fun. If you chat with Garrus during the early
"malfunction" on the ship
(very early, vague spoiler) before you do anything about it, Joker makes a crack over the intercom that perhaps something is miscalibrated, and Garrus goes "you do know who you're talking to, right?"

Derrick01

Banned
Figures as soon as I get that awesome sniper rifle I can finally afford the Spectre one. They seem similar stat wise but I'll see if the Widow can do as much damage without the charge effect. Hopefully it has the "full body explode" feature the other one has too ;)

I think I'm nearing the end game. Besides having a full EMS meter I also apparently ran out of collection quests. I only have 1 main story quest and 1 real side quest in my log right now.

I don't want this to end though :(

From what I've read,
Kai Leng succeeds in assassinating the councilor if Thane isn't there to stop him.

Guesong

Major Kirrahe takes the hit instead and dies, Councilor lives.

Now if both of them are die? No idea.

Can someone explain to me Fortification before I invest in it? I'm trying to spec a melee/close range Vanguard and Fortification seems like a good idea. I'm confused about the description in regards to "Purging the current sending it to charge gauntlets for increased melee damage."

If I activate Fortification I'm assuming it will give me a barrier of sorts that has increased armor. How do I purge it to grant me more melee damage?

Zeliard

Can someone explain to me Fortification before I invest in it? I'm trying to spec a melee/close range Vanguard and Fortification seems like a good idea. I'm confused about the description in regards to "Purging the current sending it to charge gauntlets for increased melee damage."

If I activate Fortification I'm assuming it will give me a barrier of sorts that has increased armor. How do I purge it to grant me more melee damage?

It does that automatically. Just look at the bottom right in the upgrade screen and you can see what it does.

They just wanted to offer an in-universe explanation for it.

Rocwell

Sooo I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on PC via Steam and I'd rather not mess with EA's Origin Malarkey so I'm thinking about picking up ME3 on PS3 and I have a couple of questions.

If I don't bother getting a copy of ME2 on PS3 can I still recreate all of the backstory from my "canon" save file? I read something about there being a checklist of choices for people who never played before so I'm kind of optimistic about that. Is there important stuff I'll miss out on if I don't import a save file?

Does the PS3 version run well enough? I played through the demo and it was looking a little iffy in the intro mission segments. Are things any better in the final game?

D23

im taking my sweet sweet time with this baby!!
10 hours in and i just got done doing that academy sidequest.. lol

Zeliard

im taking my sweet sweet time with this baby!!
10 hours in and i just got done doing that academy sidequest.. lol

Haha yeah, can't understand people who rush through games like this. Especially those nutters who are in the spoiler thread like a day after release, undoubtedly bitching after having spent every waking hour playing.

Where in the heck do you buy fuel in this game?

They've got fuel depots at various spots but you can also dock at the Citadel and re-fuel for free. You can also find some by scanning.

They've got fuel depots at various spots but you can also dock at the Citadel and re-fuel for free. You can also find some by scanning.
Okay, great, because I had no idea where the fuel depot was. Good to know citadel is free. I assumed it was, but wanted to make sure I wasn't completely blind.

Salih

read so much hate for the endings and i ended up LOVING them - especially the good one. left me completely speechless. also dat credits music.

finished after 30hrs+ and did everything i could. After all these years - being there since day1 with Mass Effect 1 it has been an amazing journey. Never have i seen or played a game with characters that i really got attached to. AT the very end i friggin cared for them Oo The Mass Effect Universe is too amazing to let it end with this trilogy. I demand more.

Derrick01

Banned
Has anyone used this character in combat?

A couple of times here and there. It's kind of redundant from a powers perspective because I have Sabotage and Incinerate and Garrus has overload, so she's not very useful unless we're chaining Sabotages together.

She does have interesting comments sometimes before the mission starts and during the mission though. It's another area Bioware improved in because obviously it would be someone else commenting differently if she wasn't there.

kai3345

Banned
I like that the squadmates are actually actively involved in the side missions now. As opposed to ME2 where theyd have maybe one line

Zeliard

A couple of times here and there. It's kind of redundant from a powers perspective because I have Sabotage and Incinerate and Garrus has overload, so she's not very useful unless we're chaining Sabotages together.

She does have interesting comments sometimes before the mission starts and during the mission though. It's another area Bioware improved in because obviously it would be someone else commenting differently if she wasn't there.

Yeah I'd use her for her commentary rather than battle effectiveness. But with Garrus, Jarik and hopefully soon Tali, I don't think she has much room on my team. :p

Though in combat she would be damn useful to hack turrets, but I may as well just wait for Tali for that.

X-Frame

Can someone who's finished the game tell me how far I am into it?

I am about to
destroy the Geth reaper base. I just finished the Geth mind-connection mission.

Is there an issue with this game installing on a 360 hard drive and being played from it? I've got it installed but it seems like it's still reading from the disc as it's spinning while I play most of the time. But sometimes when I have to change discs it doesn't and reads from the drive, lol.

Replicant

Fucking Garrus and his calibrations.

jnacr.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Who's your favorite squad mate to bring around due to comments?

EDI. Someone said that she's now a sexbot instead of a sextoy. Kasumi iirc. That one dude you saved from Cerberus (always counted numbers) looks down at her synthetic boobs while talking then apologizes. LOL

No one has said a word about the MOTHERFUCKING PROTHEAN I have with me though

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just finished the game.

Wow. Bravo. Holy shit. Goddamn. This game.

I won't say much else in this thread, but I freaking love the ending I got. It's going to take something damn amazing for me to not vote for this as GOTY. Yeah it's early 2012 and I'm coming off the high of beating ME3, but this game felt almost perfect to me.

Now to the spoiler thread! And to start my next run with my Renegade FemShep.

EDIT: Make sure you watch the credits. There's something to see after they finish. It also has good music to boot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just landed on
Surkesh, man, Wrex has never looked so good.
Kinda pissed off he still isnt a squadmate.

I'm currently using Javik and Garrus, but im wondering if i shouldnt just use Liara instead instead of Javik, i bet Liara + Garrus has some nice banter. Or even Javik and Liara... Bah! I'll need multiple playthroughs.

JDSN

Banned
7hour spoilers:

Are the any stills of
Shepard waking up wasted next to Aria? Her expression is priceless. In fact, the humor of this game is amazing.

Moaradin

Just finished the game.

Wow. Bravo. Holy shit. Goddamn. This game.

I won't say much else in this thread, but I freaking love the ending I got. It's going to take something damn amazing for me to not vote for this as GOTY. Yeah it's early 2012 and I'm coming off the high of beating ME3, but this game felt almost perfect to me.

Now to the spoiler thread! And to start my next run with my Renegade FemShep.

EDIT: Make sure you watch the credits. There's something to see after they finish. It also has good music to boot.

Not to get anywhere spoilery, but did you get the best ending? The one that takes the most war assets. I'd like to do as much as possible but it would suck if the best ending isn't the one that you get from being a completionist.

Ostinatto

helppp, can you guys post the values of your female shepard faces? i need good looking girls guys :D . for the lesbian/alien cut-scenes :eek:hhhyeah:

Zeliard

Yeah, so hard you couldn't spell his name right, :p

Eh, one letter

I like his interactions with Liara.
Her expectations
are shattered, lol.

Guy's a hardass. He gets upset that
you choose to bring Eve in to cure the genophage instead of just killing Krogan until they do your bidding, heh.

Top Bottom