• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

While I haven't experimented enough with both, the raw stats has the Katana having more damage than the Scimitar and everything else is not noticeably different. What is it about the Scimitar do you prefer?

Also, regarding a pretty early Citadel part:
I helped Kasumi out, and I could have sworn that I convinced her to join the Normandy but she's not in my squad selection or on the ship from what I've seen. Did I actually just get her help for the Crucible or something, and not as an actual squad mate?

Yes, Kasumi joins the Crucible project if you complete that mission. If you check the Shadow Broker terminal in Liara's room, you should find a Kasumi related message.

Jintor

Just go around and hit the scan button in the vicinity of planets and such, and if you get a hit you'll know. A sound will ring out and the location will be circled in red. Then just go to that planet, scan and follow the white indicator, which takes like 2 seconds, and you get whatever item is there.

If you scan too much in Reaper-infested areas, they're gonna come a'rumblin', complete with War of the Worlds sound effect. If you wanna be cheap, when they come you can just let them get you and then reload, since it auto-saves wherever you are on the galaxy map. I don't do that though, it's weaksauce. :p

If they're alerted and you escape, you have to finish a mission before you can come back to that solar system.

Can I scan and find stuff in non-reaper space? Wanted to play around with that first before having to play Pacman with Reapers

Somnia

While I haven't experimented enough with both, the raw stats has the Katana having more damage than the Scimitar and everything else is not noticeably different. What is it about the Scimitar do you prefer?

I helped Kasumi out, and I could have sworn that I convinced her to join the Normandy but she's not in my squad selection or on the ship from what I've seen. Did I actually just get her help for the Crucible or something, and not as an actual squad mate?

How do you finish that quest? I went to the specter computer and enabled the tracking on the haadens or whatever they're called. I don't see what to do next, I see a terminal on the map and thought that was it, but its not clickable.

GorillaJu

best thing to do is find one object, scan it, and use the %s from the nebula and solar system to figure out how many more war assets are hidden there. Then just start spamming and taunting as you run away from the reapers, until you find what you're looking for. Remember its position, let the reapers have their way with your ship's asshole, then return to the solar system when it reloads and position yoursel to scan all the assets you memorized the positions of in as few scans as possible.

Crisis averted!

Thanks for the answers guys. One more question and I'll stop bothering everyone. Early Citadel acquired mission question:
Barla Von gives me the location of Shadow Broker forces trapped in the "Dranek system." I can not find the Dranek system anywhere on my galaxy map... is that an area that hasn't opened up yet?

How do you finish that quest? I went to the specter computer and enabled the tracking on the haadens or whatever they're called. I don't see what to do next, I see a terminal on the map and thought that was it, but its not clickable.

Regarding the early Citadel mission:
It's basically an annoying scavenger hunt from there, you have to just explore around different areas of the Citadel looking for terminals to interact with until you find enough evidence.

HenryHSH

Check terminal in docking, there are two there. I had trouble with that one too.

I hate how the journal doesn't update like in ME2. :(

Is anyone else using the Chakram Launcher you get from Kingdoms of Amalur? I've been using it as my main gun, seems to work nice short or long range, which is good for my vanguard Shepard.

pakkit

Banned
If BioWare do another Mass Effect (or any game for that matter) with a one-button-does-all wonder they can take the game, shove it up their arse and fuck right off. The more they want to improve their shooting and encounters to feel like a top class third person shooter, the more obvious it becomes how goddamn, unbelievably stupid it is to control the game this way.

This and the inability to holster your weapons, which previously was allowed, are the ONLY problems I have with the combat in ME3. They've already improved on a functional system, and now the only improvements I could see are more open arenas. This is the best combat in a Bioware game since MDK2, and MDK2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

rozay

Banned

firing rate. Slap a smart choke on and it gets deadly even when ranged. I never liked it in ME2 but I really began to like it in the MP beta. With shepards increased mobility it's a lot more fun for me to use. I'm expecting to find better guns though.

I hope it doesn't take too long to get the gun Cerberus guardians use. Seems like it'd be amazing for vanguards

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh pretty sure the 1 sidequest I had left just bugged on me.

Had to (later game spoiler)
go to Dekunna for the elcor ambassador to help evacuate their people
but I never got a mission prompt for the planet and couldn't land or scan it. Pretty sure I picked up some asset from it earlier but this seemed like a real mission.

Anyway I went back to the guy and talked to him and Shepard finished the quest, got xp and everything. So I think I missed out on going to a cool planet :(

Rocwell

Can someone please outline the differences between importing a save file versus not in ME3 or point me in the right direction to find out?

Read a synopsis of the default storyline choices based on starting without importing a save and it's pretty garbage. :|

PC version it is I suppose.

LuchaShaq

Banned
7hour spoilers:

Are the any stills of
Shepard waking up wasted next to Aria? Her expression is priceless. In fact, the humor of this game is amazing.

Fuck 20 hours in and have no god damn idea when/how that happens.

Spoiler about that character

I did the merc quests for her, how did that even happen to you.

Guesong

Ugh pretty sure the 1 sidequest I had left just bugged on me.

Had to (later game spoiler)
go to Dekunna for the elcor ambassador to help evacuate their people
but I never got a mission prompt for the planet and couldn't land or scan it. Pretty sure I picked up some asset from it earlier but this seemed like a real mission.

Anyway I went back to the guy and talked to him and Shepard finished the quest, got xp and everything. So I think I missed out on going to a cool planet :(

Nope, it is as it is.

You save the elcors by launching a probe on them. Great, isn't it?

Derrick01

Banned
I also have one system that's blinking and in the first area there's some planet with a green name on it that I don't recognize but I can't scan or land on it. But I don't have any quests for that place. Damn these late game bugs!

Guesong said:
Nope, it is as it is.

You save the elcors by launching a probe on them. Great, isn't it?

You're shitting me. Jesus Bioware that's beyond lazy :lol.

moop1167

How am I supposed to play the game if the "EA servers are not available at this time?" The fuck? Can't access DLC then.

Omg, now I'm on, but I can't load my savegame because the game can't access my DLC? WTF?

moop1167

Okay, seriously is anyone else having this problem? I can't load my save game, even though I am on the EA servers now, because it says From Ashes is "missing".

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question about the Benning N7 mission:
Is there an actual piece of evidence that you need to find about Bilal to give to his father or do you just have to finish the mission? I've killed all the Cerberus guys and have swept the area quite a few times over but can't seem to find anything related to him.

EDIT: NVM Got it

Guys, after playing 1/4 through of the PS3 version, I thought to myself, "WTF am I thinking?"

I seriously feel like I'm missing out on some things from ME1 and ME2. So I'm going back on a clean slate on the 360 versions. I got ME1 and ME2 on 360, but my saves were deleted - that's why I just went with the PS3 version. It still feels like a gimped experience to me, so I'm going to be doing a ME1 + ME2 marathon this weekend before I get back to ME3. And I'll be getting the 360 version from Best Buy since I got some credit to blow.

End rant.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guys, after playing 1/4 through of the PS3 version, I thought to myself, "WTF am I thinking?"

I seriously feel like I'm missing out on some things from ME1 and ME2. So I'm going back on a clean slate on the 360 versions. I got ME1 and ME2 on 360, but my saves were deleted - that's why I just went with the PS3 version. It still feels like a gimped experience to me, so I'm going to be doing a ME1 + ME2 marathon this weekend before I get back to ME3. And I'll be getting the 360 version from Best Buy since I got some credit to blow.

End rant.

Yeah, I'm on PS3 right now but I've played through ME1 quite a few times before. I'm glad I have. I feel bad for anyone on PS3 that doesn't have some of the context from that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just a warning regarding the quarian missions. I had to load a save that I made 8 hours ago so I can do it right >.>. I should have made an earlier save but they should have noted the suggested mission path for the best outcome.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...ween-GethQuarians-Here039s-how-9629045-1.html

Also. Does anyone know the soundtrack that plays during wrex portion (the last scene with him on his planet)

Addressing the non quarian mission spoilers.

Anyone who gets wrex killed in ME3 is a bad person in real life, fuck that shit.

Have done plenty of renegade stuff but that is just usually being an asshole or aggressive, not being more evil than basically anyone in the galaxy.

george_us

So...
EDI's a hot android now eh?
Also, is it me or does her voice sound...sluttier? Like she's trying to seduce me whenever she's talking to me.

Derrick01

Banned
Ok the Black Widow sniper rifle is definitely better than that plasma one I found even if people don't explode anymore :(

It does slightly less damage but it carries 3 shots before reloading. That instantly makes it the most valuable of the stronger 1 shot rifle type.

Ok the Black Widow sniper rifle is definitely better than that plasma one I found even if people don't explode anymore :(

It does slightly less damage but it carries 3 shots before reloading. That instantly makes it the most valuable of the stronger 1 shot rifle type.

Long fucking reload though.

GorillaJu

Quick question about the Benning N7 mission:
Is there an actual piece of evidence that you need to find about Bilal to give to his father or do you just have to finish the mission? I've killed all the Cerberus guys and have swept the area quite a few times over but can't seem to find anything related to him.

EDIT: NVM Got it

No. What you're looking for is in the citadel.

Spectre computer. You buy the info

GorillaJu

End rant.

You don't miss anything from ME1 if you import a save from ME2.

X-Frame

Good thing you posted this. I have more than enough credits to buy it but after I just picked up the Javelin I didn't see how the Widow would be worth all the money. 3 shots is definitely a huge plus.

What is the ammo capacity like? The Javelin only holds 10 rounds.

I'm 7 hours in, now.

First line of spoilers says my current "location"
I just finished the first round of available side missions up to the "SAVE THE TURIAN" mission. I also finished that one, and have talked to my crew.

Why is there so much dumb in this game? And not the good kind of dumb, like the mass effect field tooth brush comment was. I mean the dumb like the EDI in a robot-lady body thing, Joker drooling all over her, tiny Reapers chasing you on the map, every single character trying to convince me I need a reason outside of impending doom on the universe to fight because they have a family to talk about, Shepard being so effected by the random kid thing that it has apparently touched him deeper than any other event in his life, and so on and so forth.
I don't hate the game, by any means, but seriously?

Combat finally got a little more enjoyable after some enemies with shields and armor were introduced. It's pretty fun using charge->shotgun->strong melee. Unfortunately, it's so effective, I can pretty much just keep doing that over and over without repercussion. The only thing that's an actual challenge, thus far, are turrets.

Good to have Garrus on board. I can finally drop Vega like a sack of potatoes. Now, to find Tali and have my dream team back together.

Did the (I think it was collector's edition or maybe just DLC) for the squadmate on Eden Prime. Yup. Okay. Sure. A living Prothean. I should probably be more upset than I am because just one single Prothean managed to survive up to this point, despite the rather optimal conditions on Ilos not saving a single one, but whatever. Bummer I can't even use him on any of the missions I've had so far.

Derrick01

Banned
Long fucking reload though.

Doesn't seem to be any longer than the slower but more powerful 1 shot snipers.

Good thing you posted this. I have more than enough credits to buy it but after I just picked up the Javelin I didn't see how the Widow would be worth all the money. 3 shots is definitely a huge plus.

What is the ammo capacity like? The Javelin only holds 10 rounds.

Hard to say because I already have it upgraded to level 6 and I have a mod to give it like 60% more capacity. It looks pretty low without the mod but it holds more ammo though because of the 3 shot thing and at full ammo I have 3 bullets loaded and 35 left over.

Also it's been said in the last page or two but I'm re-iterating it. You're going to want to take the DLC character to a certain late game story mission. It's been very...enlightening so far to say the least. I'm still doing the mission though.

Zeliard

Just did the Grunt mission. That was pretty hectic. What did you guys choose at the end?
I chose to save the fake Reaper queen, heh. Thought poor Grunt was a goner there for a moment too.

I have three missions in my journal all of which tell me to go to Tuchanka. Which one would it trigger when I land? I'd rather not do the Priority one just yet.

I'm 7 hours in, now.

First line of spoilers says my current "location"
Did the (I think it was collector's edition or maybe just DLC) for the squadmate on Eden Prime. Yup. Okay. Sure. A living Prothean. I should probably be more upset than I am because just one single Prothean managed to survive up to this point, despite the rather optimal conditions on Ilos not saving a single one, but whatever. Bummer I can't even use him on any of the missions I've had so far.

In the flashback things they said that he was going to be the one in charge whenever their pods were discovered (and that they couldn't just set timers to auto open like they wanted), and they set it up so that over time pods would get shut off to conserve energy so his pod could survive longest.

They did a similar thing in Ilos. The VI in charge of monitoring their stasis chambers turned off most of them to conserve energy as centuries passed. It eventually woke up a dozen of them.

exYle

best thing to do is find one object, scan it, and use the %s from the nebula and solar system to figure out how many more war assets are hidden there. Then just start spamming and taunting as you run away from the reapers, until you find what you're looking for. Remember its position, let the reapers have their way with your ship's asshole, then return to the solar system when it reloads and position yoursel to scan all the assets you memorized the positions of in as few scans as possible.

Crisis averted!

Agreed. I was going to post this, but you got to it first. This makes side quests much, much less unenjoyable.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I finally got around to exploring the Presidium. Man, this is awesome. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most iconic location of Mass Effect. I love the theme so much, shit is majestic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know anything about the "Master and Commander" achievement? Do you have to play the multiplayer and get everything up to 100%? I can't really find any definitive information, other than the fact that people with their bar filled to the max didn't get the achievement.

In the flashback things they said that he was going to be the one in charge whenever their pods were discovered (and that they couldn't just set timers to auto open like they wanted), and they set it up so that over time pods would get shut off to conserve energy so his pod could survive longest.

They did a similar thing in Ilos. The VI in charge of monitoring their stasis chambers turned off most of them to conserve energy as centuries passed. It eventually woke up a dozen of them.
The odds are still against him, though. I don't mind him being there, but it's like "yeah, the place he was at was directly under attack, it was 50,000 years later, and everything worked out for him." It's just a little too convenient for my liking, but I digress. At least they put a lot of effort into animating his eyes and stuff. When he woke up, that looked pretty great.

Top Bottom