• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Zeliard

There's rarely a distinct neutral option anymore but it seems to me that the Paragon/Renegade options are less extreme than they used to be, generally-speaking (headbutting
annoying reporters notwithstanding
. It's like they took out the neutral option but then veered both Paragon and Renegade closer to neutral.

Oh my god, I just finished the From The Ashes DLC and I can't imagine how anyone who's into Mass Effect could skip it. It should not have been DLC. Fuck that. Now I'm pissed for those who have to buy it.

It's a particularly unfortunate thing to have made into DLC, no doubt. Seems pretty damn intrinsic to the Mass Effect universe. It sort of boggles the mind how they didn't think to include it from the start.

That's the reason (beyond EA shenanigans etc) I don't buy their notion that they didn't start working on the DLC until late and thus couldn't put it in the main game. I don't think even Bioware is silly enough to have not considered a story about
Protheans
as being somewhat important for the last part in the trilogy early in production.

Not to mention that Javik, the DLC character, shares plenty of dialogue with others and even in those pre-mission briefings on the Kodiak. Was he really not there from the start? Uh huh, Bioware. Seems like they were blatantly holding it back, especially since given the nature of this DLC, they've ensured that many fans will want to buy it.

wut

I've died like a total of 5 times on hardcore, over 25 hours in.

The leap between Hardcore and Insanity is significant, though. In the very early game, during the intro, I turned it down to Hardcore since I got tired of the ultra-linear low-level grind against Cerberus assholes, and the difference was huge.

Been playing on Insanity ever since, and I played through ME2 on Insanity right before. ME3 is definitely more difficult since enemies are much better about forcing you out of cover and are also much more aggressive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tuchanka: during the mission to the
shroud, which time is best to tell of the Salarian's sabotage? I thought to do it early, but doing so might throw wrex off. Is there a moment to do it when he's not aroud?
If you want the most paragon points and to
save Wrex
you do it the first time they give you the option. You get a second chance later, but that's it I believe.

RedSwirl

Oh my god, I just finished the From The Ashes DLC and I can't imagine how anyone who's into Mass Effect could skip it. It should not have been DLC. Fuck that. Now I'm pissed for those who have to buy it.

For some reason I completely missed initiating the mission and I'm already about to go to Rannoch. Too late?

- J - D -

So beautiful, this game can be. T_T

ib2afXSL3BgLDY.jpg

Sober

Actually, it really does not affect the plot at all.
Javik is just extremely awesome though and offers an interesting POV to the Reapers
as well as his interactions with the Normandy crew and apparently if you bring him to Thessia
, but the plot completely works without him ever existing.

Pollux

holy fucking shit...spoiler for tuchanka aftermath

I shot Mordin so he wouldn't be able to give the cure. Then all of the sudden Wrex shows up on the citadel and tries to kill me. Then Bailey shoots him, and I finally finish him off. holy shit. was there anyway to save him? or to get both Salarian and Krogan help without sabotaging the genophage?

I shot Mordin so he wouldn't be able to give the cure. Then all of the sudden Wrex shows up on the citadel and tries to kill me. Then Bailey shoots him, and I finally finish him off. holy shit. was there anyway to save him? or to get both Salarian and Krogan help without sabotaging the genophage?

You don't sabotage the genophage.

But that is awesome.

Zeliard

So does every piece of DLC. From Ashes doesn't do anything that Zaeed, Shale, or Kasumi didn't do. The only real issue I see is that
it's a Prothean
. Other than that, no real plot points are missed without the DLC.

Except Javik actually has dialogue with you after you complete his mission, while Zaeed and Kasumi shared repetitive monologues about various items stored around their area. It's very different. Javik is much closer to a full-fledged party member than those two ever were.

And Shale was fairly significant as well. He was probably the best character in Dragon Age.

I dont know how anyone could go through the game without the dlc character. He is essential for the experience, with his perspective, his conflicts and all the universe building he brings to the series.

it doesnt matter if he doesnt affect the plot,
because barely anyone does to begin with.

So does every piece of DLC. From Ashes doesn't do anything that Zaeed, Shale, or Kasumi didn't do. The only real issue I see is that
it's a Prothean

Disagree. There's a perspective provided with the DLC character during and in post-mission conversations that I'm finding extremely interesting. That missing from my experience and me having to pay $10 for it would've pissed me off. He adds a lot more weight and backstory to everything that happens. NO WAY he wasn't cut from the full game for DLC.

Derrick01

Banned
it's a Prothean

This is just completely incorrect. He's a far more important character to the ME universe than Zaeed and Kasumi and you can actually talk to him. Plus if you bring him to certain story missions he changes large portions of the dialog in them, revealing things that would not be revealed otherwise.

He is a massively important character to someone who loves the ME universe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, Javik looks and feels like a complete character from the main game, just like Garrus or Liara. He's nothing like Kasumi or Zaeed. I don't regret buying him since he is great and because... he feels like a real character, but i still feel like he should not have been DLC.

This is just completely incorrect. He's a far more important character to the ME universe than Zaeed and Kasumi and you can actually talk to him. Plus if you bring him to certain story missions he changes large portions of the dialog in them, revealing things that would not be revealed otherwise.

I'm not debating whether he is important to the ME universe or not.

Bowdz

So I am continuing my romance with Ashley from ME1 and just before heading off on one of the final missions I stumbled onto to something out of the blue:
Garrus and Tali in the weapon room cuddling. The following dialogue was awesome.
So many variations for the squad interactions. Bioware hit it out of the park with intersquad dialogue.

Antiochus

Does anyone know when the AT12 shotgun will be released? It was ostensibly be a pre-order bonus from Origin, but I have not received any emails regarding it yet...

So I am continuing my romance with Ashley from ME1 and just before heading off on one of the final missions I stumbled onto to something out of the blue:
Garrus and Tali in the weapon room cuddling. The following dialogue was awesome.
So many variations for the squad interactions. Bioware hit it out of the park with intersquad dialogue.

Agreed. That encounter was phenomenal, as is basically all of the Normandy crew dialogue.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a quick question - you can't "romance"
Garrus
if you didn't do it in ME2? Man, that seems like a crappy penalty for remaining faithful to whatever ME1 love interest you went for.

They REALLY need to release a character creator if they want this game to have any replayability.

GSR

Just a quick question - you can't "romance"
Garrus
if you didn't do it in ME2? Man, that seems like a crappy penalty for remaining faithful to whatever ME1 love interest you went for.

They REALLY need to release a character creator if they want this game to have any replayability.

As far as I know any ME2 squad members have to have a romance carried over, unlike the ME1 options who can be romanced even if you didn't in ME1.

Is there a guide yet on where to scan in solar systems to find resources? I'm getting tired of scanning a couple times, escaping, and having to try again after a mission.

Why would you do that? lol

REV 09

agreed, especially considering how few squad members you have in ME3.

Dany

Banned
Is there a guide yet on where to scan in solar systems to find resources? I'm getting tired of scanning a couple times, escaping, and having to try again after a mission.

If the reapers catch you, you load up in the map exactly where you are. I just scan the entire cluster to get 100% even if that means the reapers catching me 2-3 times. No real penalty.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Holy shit. It's going to be hard on my renegade playthrough to be such an asshole in a lot of these scenarios.

Is it possible to change the weapons your squadmates use? I know they're locked into using specific types of weapons, but can you give them a different weapon in the same class?

Jintor

That said I was still glad to see Zaeed pop up.

Only being able to take two other dudes with you in every game really shits me.

Einbroch

Banned
Hijacker achievement is fucking broken. Been trying for 30 minutes now. Break the glass, shoot the guy inside, Atlas instantly explodes.

Tess3ract

Banned
Finished ME3 at 28 hours.

That's about half the time it took me for ME2 and half the time it took me for ME1 first time around :\

Ending fucking sucked.

X-Frame

Holy shit. It's going to be hard on my renegade playthrough to be such an asshole in a lot of these scenarios.

I agree. Though just for the hell of it, I usually do 2 mirror-image playthroughs to see what is different.

The only 2 times in ME3 that I went renegade when I should've stayed paragon were
shooting that rat-bastard Udina and then breaking Kay Leng's sword and omni-stabbing him in the liver. I had to.

Zeliard

I love how everybody makes comments after every mission.

Haha yeah. I tend to check in with everyone after each mission, even side quests. Best part is how crewmates share dialogue with each other now, basically ignoring Shepard. Joker and EDI tend to share dialogue with each other when you go check on them post-mission. And sometimes Joker and Garrus, or Garrus and Liara, or Liara and Javik, or Joker and Mordin (that one, lol), etc.

- J - D -

I like how people actually move around the Normandy after missions. In ME2 and 1, most of the crew and squad just stood/sat in one place the whole time.

MechaX

It's kinda funny; Javik, in this single conversation with all of these investigate dialog options, probably has more dialog than either Kasumi or Zaeed ever did.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As far as I know any ME2 squad members have to have a romance carried over, unlike the ME1 options who can be romanced even if you didn't in ME1.
Jeez. Why would they do that? I guess I'll have to be happy with youtube.

So at this point, the only reason I would have to replay the game is to either grind kills for the achievement or choose the other ME1 character to be alive in order to get their bonus skills.

Does anyone know if ME2 PC saves can be converted to 360 saves? Or if the PC editor works on 360 saves? If BioWare won't create a tool for people, I don't mind going out of my way to do it myself.

Hijacker achievement is fucking broken. Been trying for 30 minutes now. Break the glass, shoot the guy inside, Atlas instantly explodes.
Yep. It took me 2 hours to realize that my guns were too "strong", even on Insanity. I had to load a save all the way back on Eden Prime... and even then, I had trouble not killing the Atlas before killing the pilot.

I would take off any weapon mods as well. Basically, you want to do as least damage as possible with your sniper rifle (or whatever you're using).

It's kinda funny; Javik, in this single conversation with all of these investigate dialog options, probably has more dialog than either Kasumi or Zaeed ever did.
He's much more better integrated. In fact, I was surprised that you get a special scene between him and
Liara
later on in the game.

Top Bottom