• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Liara and Garrus is all you need. Garrus and Shepard, bros for life.

Liara is fucking boring and Garrus is a total asshole in the first ME. He also is supposed to be more like a human than a Turian in ME2, but in 3 he's like the 'ideal' Turian.

Grunt & Mordin are bros for life.

Achtius

Liara and Garrus is all you need. Garrus and Shepard, bros for life.

As much as I like having a dudebro team, I need Liara in my team, singularity too good. The only time I don't bring her is when the other character is mandatory. I always bring Kaidan tho :D

Dresden

I don't even remember why he is part of the crew. Because he happened to be there when Shepard boarded Normandy? I dunno.

That and I guess he guarded him for two years or something? It really did feel tacked on.

My main gripe with him was that he was occupying a spot that could've been taken by a Krogan.

LordCanti

Just got the game today. Booted it up... no ME2 files to import. Start up ME2 and no save files exist. W..T...F happened? Did uninstalling ME2 from my Xbox HDD also take my save files with it?

I'm beside myself right now, absolutely sick to my stomach.

It sucks, but I think you can edit a new save (picking which options you chose) on the PC, and import it onto the 360. It takes a couple of programs, none of which I can remember off the top of my head.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So now that the Shepard trilogy is done, can I get Mass Effect: Origins?

I wanna start as a Salarian Scientist or Task Force origin.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Grunt :)

I was almost afraid he was going to die during that awesome cut scene at the end of that mission.

Which ever Bioware employee decided it was a good idea to put those dog tags hard to see and randomly on the floor on Benning needs to be hit.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I use Liara for Stasis and I have the DLC guy for most every mission.

I sometimes wish I had a better tech person, but I manage. I have Reave tacked on because of Kaidan, his only redeamable feature.

I would have killed to have Samara though. :?

Also, one of my favorites from ME2.
THANNNNEEEEEEEEEE!! WHYYYY!
. :(

thetechkid

So now that the Shepard trilogy is done, can I get Mass Effect: Origins?

I wanna start as a Salarian Scientist or Task Force origin.

All I am expecting from what is next is a lot of alien racism and no one listening when you're right ALL OF THE DAM TIME.

I usually like to have overload an warp on my squadmates, so in 3 I've been mostly rolling with Garrus/Liara or
Sexbot/Liara
. Sometimes I sub out Liara for the DLC character though since I like his new move too.

Only other character I have so far is James, only used him a little. He whined he wanted to go to tuchanka so I brought him to one of the missions there and he added nothing. Jerk.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I want to play Aria's story, especially if they continue to get Trinity to voice her. (Yes, Carrie-Anne Moss.)

I'm so pissed that she didn't shine in this game.
Goddamn BioWare. :mad:

Dany

Banned
I take everything back. Everything about Thessia was fantastic. Favorite mission of the game. The despair in that mission was so great.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I liked this a lot, too.

Line:
. . . or maybe it's the Prothean standing here.

I don't even know how it would have gone on without him.
DLC is so dumb.

And is there a way to
defeat Leng in this section or what?

I had garrus with me for this part, and he says similar things to what Javik said.

Zeliard

Heh Conrad Verner.

I did not expect
that even a small decision like helping Jenna in Chora's Den back in ME1 would end up having such an impact. Saved that fool's life.

Which ever Bioware employee decided it was a good idea to put those dog tags hard to see and randomly on the floor on Benning needs to be hit.

If you miss stuff like that you can just purchase it from the Spectre's office.

JDSN

Banned
20 hour spoilers:
Legion:Good Luck.
Shepard:Acknowledged.

tear_of_joy_e.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just had my first (and hopefully last) crash-to-desktop.

I'm about 12 or 13 hours in at this point, and I'm currently working my way through
Horizon - the mission with Cerberus/Miranda's Dad.

Can anyone tell me how far I am into the game? I feel like I'm coming out of the middle and into the last third; but I honestly have no idea. I've basically skipped over all the sidequests, only so I can experience the end and go over to the Spoiler Thread. I definitely plan to replay it as soon as I'm done.

Anyway... absolutely loving this game so far. Honestly, I only have three complaints so far:

1) Spacebar does everything
2) The Citadel is kind of small
3)
Kai Lang's
character design

Otherwise, it's been an absolute blast. Sure, a little bit of the dilogue is a bit silly; but really, overall, it's better than 95% of games. I've been loving it. And that scene with Garrus on the Citadel when you
shoot the cans, and can purposefully miss; and Shep says something about never knowing when the cans will revolt...
, I literally lol'd.

And I absolutely love the sense of urgency. This game NAILS the feeling of the entire galaxy being at war and on the brink of extinction. Everything is pressing, everything is grand, and the sense of scale is just incredible.

Anyway... hopefully someone can let me know how far I am. If I happen to be within three hours or so of the end, I may just stay up REALLY late and finish it up...

Dany

Banned

I'm about 12 or 13 hours in at this point, and I'm currently working my way through

woah...what? Im 25 hours in and I don't have that yet....i'm still in the process of getting their...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
woah...what? Im 25 hours in and I don't have that yet....i'm still in the process of getting their...

Yeah, I honestly don't think I've done more than two or three side quests, outside of what was there my first time on the Citadel. I had a hard time importing my Shep Save, and so just started with a new character for now, while I'm all "hyped up." I plan to replay the trilogy all in "one block" over the next month to have that ultimate experience.

jgminto

Well the ending has killed any interest I had in replaying the game with my other characters. I'll probably return it now, which is a shame since up until the end it was the best of the trilogy.

Parham

Banned

You are near the end. The next mission is the point of no return.

Skel1ingt0n

You are near the end. The next mission is the point of no return.

Cool. Thank you!

Guess I'm loading my game back up! With day light savings time, I'm gonna be going to bed at 6 am ;p

I just arrived at
the citadel
(two hours in).
I normally buckle up and take all decisions in the game without looking up anywhere their eventual effects on the story, but I feel like I have to ask this:

The character played by Chobot looks SUPER obnoxious. If i tell her to fuck off,
a) does she actually fuck off
b) do i miss anything important in the rest of the game
c) please please tell me she is not actual a team member

I just arrived at
the citadel
(two hours in).
I normally buckle up and take all decisions in the game without looking up anywhere their eventual effects on the story, but I feel like I have to ask this:

The character played by Chobot looks SUPER obnoxious. If i tell her to fuck off,

shes not lol

Parham

Banned
I just arrived at
the citadel
(two hours in).

A. Yes
B. Allers adds ten points to your war assets.
C. Allers is not a squad member. However, she does reside in the Normandy's Starboard Cargo Area (Zaeed's old quarters) and will occasionally ask for an interview.

LordCanti

I just arrived at
the citadel
(two hours in).

A:
Pretty sure she does
B:
I took her along, and gave numerous interviews. I don't think anything ever came of them at all. I never received any war assets or anything. If you tell her to fuck off, maybe you lose assets, who knows
c: She isn't

I just arrived at
the citadel
(two hours in).

yes
war points
no

edit: lol

I just arrived at
the citadel
(two hours in).

She stays on your ship down in the cargo area by engineering and you can talk to her sometimes, watch her do reports, get interviewed, and yell at her for her stupid opinion pieces. Eventually I guess you can do her too...

No harm in having her around other than her wooden voice.

A:
Pretty sure she does
B:
I took her along, and gave numerous interviews. I don't think anything ever came of them at all. I never received any war assets or anything. If you tell her to fuck off, maybe you lose assets, who knows
c: She isn't

Her interviews effect your war assets. The one she does about your cure of the genophage can bolster your krogan support if you handle it tactfully. It adds an "UPDATE" to the existing asset saying that more krogan are supporting you now.

MBison

Anyone have any issues with the Citadel fetch quests borking out? After the first story mission I got a handful of them. One was in Ismar Frontier or whatever. I 100% the area got the item but the Citadel guy who wants it won't activate

annoying.

iavi

Dreadnought: My party's been all Liara and Garrus, but
Tali's
back and the banter between her, a love puppied shep, and third-wheeled Garrus was hilarious. She might have to take Liara's spot if it keeps up, as the banter involving her has been good, but dry. My tactics would suffer a bit though.

LordCanti

Her interviews effect your war assets. The one she does about your cure of the genophage can bolster your krogan support if you handle it tactfully. It adds an "UPDATE" to the existing asset saying that more krogan are supporting you now.

Hmm, maybe I got points from her and didn't realize it. Honestly, her voice and face was so off-putting that I tried to get those segments done as quickly as possible.

bigace33

Uhh, what did I just finish? This has to be one of the worst game endings of all time. Hopefully I can replay it with a bit more galactic readiness, but this ending has left such a horrible taste that I don't even want to replay this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, if you romance Jack in ME2 and meet up with her later on

You take her to dance at AfterLife and she says, 'Shepard, everyone knows you can't dance.' and starts doing his dance from Omega
24l5xxf2qjam.gif

Lots of thoughts about the game. I liked it. Mass Effect 3 was a great game. Spent my entire weekend on it, and I don't regret it. But I think this is the end for Mass Effect.
I hope the team will do new things now. I also think they should abandon Dragon Age franchise. Both got a bit watered down by the end.

I wonder whats next for Mr. Hudson and his team!? I think they need to look at all their characters and stories through their games, and try to get their writers to do new things regardless of what game they make next.

I thought the Romance (as male shepard) was well done in this one. At least it was tasteful somewhat, but I'm emotionally broken, so smeh.

I think it was weird with Cerberus. In Mass Effect 2, the organization and the illusive man kept me guessing. I don't get why they just become the bad guys in ME3. I really liked the Illusive Man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lots of thoughts about the game. I liked it. Mass Effect 3 was a great game. Spent my entire weekend on it, and I don't regret it. But I think this is the end for Mass Effect.
I hope the team will do new things now. I also think they should abandon Dragon Age franchise. Both got a bit watered down by the end.

I don't know if I necessarily want them to leave them, but I'd love to see more of the Mass Effect universe outside of Shepard. I'd love to see an Obsidian take on it or something. Despite all its faults, the Mass Effect world is really cool, and so is the Dragon Age world(though I'd still say for that kind of fantasy that Witcher's more interesting)

Zeliard

Dreadnought: My party's been all Liara and Garrus, but
Tali's
back and the banter between her, a love puppied shep, and third-wheeled Garrus was hilarious. She might have to take Liara's spot if it keeps up, as the banter involving her has been good, but dry. My tactics would suffer a bit though.

I was going to use Javik and her for the rest of the game when I got her, replacing Garrus, but I've been strongly considering going with her and Garrus for the banter between them.

Sobriquet

So, if you romance Jack in ME2 and meet up with her later on

You take her to dance at AfterLife and she says, 'Shepard, everyone knows you can't dance.' and starts doing his dance from Omega
24l5xxf2qjam.gif

Same thing happened to my female Shepard, so it has nothing to do with romancing her in 2.

Why does Bioware have to screw you over so badly for not importing a save? Turns out Thane, Jack, Samara, Legion and Grunt are all dead in my game. And FUCKING JABOB IS ALIVE. Just finished watching all their scenes on Youtube, and they're all far better than the crap that replaced them in my playthrough.

So annoying.

Top Bottom