• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
- Felt a lot like crysis 2 and halo towards the beginning and end in terms of the typical Space Marine military that has become trite and tiresome instead of trying to actually work on being a Space Oprah like it should be.

ONCAu.jpg

All this talk of the ending has me really worried. I kinda wish people would just shut the fuck up about it or take it to the spoiler threads. It's kind of sucky playing through what is maybe one of the most fun games I've ever played only to always have this niggling doubt at the back of my mind that none of it is really worth it.

Well done internet!

This. Seriously, just let people play the ending and make up their own minds instead of telling everyone how awful they're going to find it, and seemingly taking some sick glee in the fact that people currently enjoying the game may very well change their tune after witnessing the ending.

xtrasauce said:
Question: Is it normal that I can't find anything scanning non-Reaper-controlled systems?

Not every system has items to salvage, so yeah, it's normal.

LuchaShaq

Banned
It's very daring of Bioware to lock you out of certain solutions based on your story-choices in past games, but I feel that it's a necessary thing to maintain that feeling. Sucks to be entrants at ME3 though, I hear the default choices are completely balls.

The OTHER problem though is that I feel the 'payoff' for a lot of the choices, especially the more minor ones, are shunted into your "Galactic Readiness" bar which is basically just a glorified "You'll get a good ending if you get a high enough number" bar. The little bit of text you get is readable and somewhat entertaining... but not by much.

For some of the more minor ones like the colonists you saved from the Thorian (forgot if that's in ME1 or 2) belong there. It's just a few dozen guys who will fight for you so of course they barely matter but it's still nice to read the little email + war asset section and be like ohh nice glad they are helping. If something that small mattered as much as something like the geth it would be rather ridiculous.

Question: Is it normal that I can't find anything scanning non-Reaper-controlled systems?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...inding-hidden-credits-artifacts-and-upgrades/

I'm pretty sure it doesn't include fuel and doesn't include some of the non combat side quests but this saved me alot of time.

I had no interest in playing space pacman so I really liked using this.

Honestly unless this game ends with the equivalent of something as bad/worse than DA 2 I don't care. Enjoyed the rest of it and ME1/2 that I don't mind. If it's like DA2 and Garrus betrays me and decides to join the reapers and vaporize earth or something that stupid ok I'm with y'all.

Dany

Banned
I think had I not edited my max fuel to 10,000 from 1,000 I would have hated the game a hell of a lot more.

You never run out anyways, every system always has like 250 fuels or whatever.

As a person who enjoyed the ending of Lost to a great degree, I doubt I will find ME3's ending bad, the ending can't invalidate the entire series nor should it.

...this quote is going to come back and haunt me when I beat the game, isn't it?

LuchaShaq

Banned
You never run out anyways, every system always has like 250 fuels or whatever.

As a person who enjoyed the ending of Lost to a great degree, I doubt I will find ME3's ending bad, the ending can't invalidate the entire series nor should it.

...this quote is going to come back and haunt me when I beat the game, isn't it?

If you enjoyed the ending of lost mass effect 3 would have to make your console explode and send shrapnel murdering your pets+chopping off your genitals for you to not like it.

Dany

Banned
Warning DLC Character Spoiler/Unlock Guide (PC version of course)
This was posted in the Forbes ME3 thread. It shows that with just 1 change of code, you can unlock the "From Ashes" DLC Character.

Fucking bullshit if you ask me. He was in game all along...

Is his mission in the game, what did I download then?

Tess3ract

Banned
His mission is already on the disk, at least the CE version. You can literally get a cracked exe and it loads right up.

Or change the coalesced.bin file lollll That's even better.

You know you guys can get the preorder armor/weapons by also editing the coalesced.bin, right?

bengraven

There's already a thread on it.

Also, is there a point where I'm supposed to kick Allers out? I know, har har, "right away" but in reality I'm just keeping her around for extra dialogue and as a war asset, as little as she can be.

Part of me thinks there's going to be a part where I'm going to regret not kicking her off the ship. Like that every moment I keep her on, I'm getting closer to a moment I'll regret.

Like she fucking does a suicide bomb and kills half my crew or something if I don't kick her off before a certain point.

Another satisfied customer!

I find it ironic that someone called Psychoward is worried about needing therapy.

Tess3ract

Banned

Also, is there a point where I'm supposed to kick Allers out? I know, har har, "right away" but in reality I'm just keeping her around for extra dialogue and as a war asset, as little as she can be.

Part of me thinks there's going to be a part where I'm going to regret not kicking her off the ship. Like that every moment I keep her on, I'm getting closer to a moment I'll regret.

Like she fucking does a suicide bomb and kills half my crew or something if I don't kick her off before a certain point.

You can sleep with her. Fade to black.

His mission is already on the disk, at least the CE version. You can literally get a cracked exe and it loads right up.

You know you guys can get the preorder armor/weapons by also editing the coalesced.bin, right?

that unlocks the character, but not the Eden Prime mission. That mission is probably what was downloaded.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Will tomorrow be the day I finish Mass Effect 3? Will the ending break my story rules and leave me a broken mess of a man?

Tune in to find out.

AppleMIX

There is a fairly significant download (500 mb) for non-CE users.

Zomba13

So, if my bar is fully green I'll get the best ending? Do I need 100% galactic readiness too? Do you get anything for 100%? I think I need to win around 5 more games (at + 4% readiness each) to max it out.

Tess3ract

Banned
There is a fairly significant download (500 mb) for non-CE users.
Ah ok, that makes more sense
that unlocks the character, but not the Eden Prime mission. That mission is probably what was downloaded.
Okay well It's still on the disk (at least) for CE users because you can replace your exe with a cracked one and it simply "becomes enabled" with all the cutscenes and voice work and missions and everything. Google around if you don't believe me.

pakkit

Banned
You can sleep with her. Fade to black.

Remember, she's the content Bioware's upper echelon decided needed to be on-disc content for all players, whereas the DLC Character and all his story was reserved for those who wished to put down money.

She is seriously an awful character, ignoring her real-life counterpart. Badly acted, written, and almost non-interactive as a character.

Meier

If I hooked up with someone in 2 and want to get with her again, can I sleep with anyone else? Or does Shep have to be monogomous? I feel like I got with Jack as well as one other more serious relationship in 2.

Zomba13

Traynor: You've got new messages, Commander.

*Shepard checks messages.
Message from Traynor.

lol

Speaking of messages. I still get messages (well have been) and been able to read them and complete events the speak about but whenever I check the top most message is one from Liara about a project she's working on and my more recent messages are no where to be found. Anyone else get this bug too?

Is that the news woman from right near the start of the game? I didn't let her on at all. She looked like she'd be annoying and my Shep made the brilliant observation that the Normandy was a stealth ship running stealth missions and having a reporter broadcast it all from the ship would be pretty damn stupid.

I saw people circle jerking about the ending, now I'm reading so much hatred for it. Oh god, I'm scared to continue on, but I must see how this all turns out!

Morts

20 hours in, I'm confused about the
Quarian missions. Why was Legion helping us? Why did uploading the Reaper code mean the Quarians had to die? I thought I was going to be able to get both upgraded Geth and the Quarians on my side, but Legion said something about "We regret the death of the Creators", so I panicked, told him to stop, and Tali killed him.

Also, do I have to
romance Tali to see her face?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Diana is simply more evidence, on top of the web layout, that IGN didn't review the game, but instead market it. She doesn't need to be in the game at all. And, despite actually quite liking Chobot, she did a terrible job at the voice acting. Arguably the most throw away character in the game.

Tess3ract

Banned
20 hours in, I'm confused about the
Quarian missions. Why was Legion helping us? Why did uploading the Reaper code mean the Quarians had to die? I thought I was going to be able to get both upgraded Geth and the Quarians on my side, but Legion said something about "We regret the death of the Creators", so I panicked, told him to stop, and Tali killed him.

Also, do I have to
romance Tali to see her face?
No. You had to have romanced her in ME2.

Also you can save
the geth and tali
but only if you make specific choices in me2 and do both of them in ME3.

Dany

Banned
Diana is simply more evidence, on top of the web layout, that IGN didn't review the game, but instead market it. She doesn't need to be in the game at all. And, despite actually quite liking Chobot, she did a terrible job at the voice acting. Arguably the most throw away character in the game.

Yeah, so needless and very unnecessary, felt forced in in the last second.

derFeef

I kicked her off after the first incident. Bioware did a terrible job at her likeness, as she somehow looks like her, but then not really. The voiceover is quite bad too, which is weird because Chobot is alright.

I think Jessica Chobat just REALLY wanted to fuck Commander Shepard

And hey, can't blame her. He's a sexy beast

128198097754.jpg

Can someone please tell me how much story I have left or how far through I am?

Just been told by the Asari Councillor to go to her home world and find something to help with the crusible

That web layout thing they did for the ME3 review is truly shameless. IGN is not even trying to be taken seriously as gaming journalists anymore. They probably don't even need to $$$

mxgt

Banned
Finished it, took me 26 hours.

Was about ready to say it's the best ME game, then I got to the ending. I was hoping I wouldn't find it terrible like a lot of people here do, but I did. It was awful.

Riposte

Haha, the Garrus vs Vega conversation. Don't know why people hate Vega.

The conversations among the crew was really what ME2 needed.

Top Bottom