• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

REV 09

His mission is already on the disk, at least the CE version. You can literally get a cracked exe and it loads right up.

Or change the coalesced.bin file lollll That's even better.

You know you guys can get the preorder armor/weapons by also editing the coalesced.bin, right?

I'm assuming that there is a downside to this? ...like losing your entire EA collection or EA dragging your pets behind the Normandy through a Mass Relay.

Naw, regardless of who you chose to be the councilor in ME1, it doesn't change anything. Anderson gives up his council seat, because as he says in ME2, he's not much of a politician, and Udina takes the seat.

Hey bud can you answer me one more thing about Liara romance:

When the hell can I scissor her (femshep)? The most I've got so far is she kissed my forehead. The save I downloaded had all Liara romancing from the previous 2 games and no cheating. And i know it's not a lie cause you can see the chemistry in some scenes. What's taking so long? There was this one time when she asked me to meet up in my captain's cabin and shep was feeling down adn she asked what was wrong and there were 2 options, top: i miss kaiden. bottom: I'll let them rest. This was after a mission where one of the crew died. I chose the top one because im paragon and i wonder if that's why we haven't gotten further

In the menu, the game gives you a rundown as soon as you import the save? You should see the list on the right as to your previous choices.

Ah you are right, i now remember it said everyone was saved. Since i didn't have an individual breakdown, i had forgotten about it. Thanks!

bigace33

Hey bud can you answer me one more thing about Liara romance:

When the hell can I scissor her (femshep)? The most I've got so far is she kissed my forehead. The save I downloaded had all Liara romancing from the previous 2 games and no cheating. And i know it's not a lie cause you can see the chemistry in some scenes. What's taking so long? There was this one time when she asked me to meet up in my captain's cabin and shep was feeling down adn she asked what was wrong and there were 2 options, top: i miss kaiden. bottom: I'll let them rest. This was after a mission where one of the crew died. I chose the top one because im paragon and i wonder if that's why we haven't gotten further
My male shep didn't have sex with her until right before the final mission, and I romanced her and only her since ME 1

Danj

I have a question about War Readiness, my green bar is all the way full, though my readiness percentage is only 61%, but the information text says my chances are only even, does it mean I need to get the readiness percentage to 100% by playing more MP?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What's the trick to getting a weapon to level 10? I can only go up to 5 before they're removed from the upgrade list. Does the option to keep going come up later on or after a sidequest?

My male shep didn't have sex with her until right before the final mission, and I romanced her and only her since ME 1

Thanks. Damn that's lame

Also:
in that same scene I mentioned, one of them called the other a "friend" (forgot which said it). Wtf? why can't they be together and in love and all that? this better change by end game. They should be more than friends by now

mxgt

Banned
No

I didn't ally with her, and he still died going up there even though I cured the genophage. :(

Yeah I didn't
ally either and that's what happened in my game

what I meant was
Shepard shooting him in cold blood

pmj

What's the trick to getting a weapon to level 10? I can only go up to 5 before they're removed from the upgrade list. Does the option to keep going come up later on or after a sidequest?

I never got past level 5 on my first playthrough, but then I started a NG+ and could upgrade weapons to 7 or 8. I hope this doesn't mean that you need to get all the way to NG++ to get this achievement.

Regarding Tuchanka,
You can convince Mordin to leave the shroud (and survive) with a paragon conversation option. But I think this might only be possible if you didn't tell Wrex/Wreav, Eve, and Mordin that the Salarians sabotaged the shroud.

omg, seriously?
so you can still cure the genophage if you dont tell them about the sabotage, and then save Mordin too? wtf man. I didn't see a paragon option to convince mordin to leave the shroud. When did that take place

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Do you get
Tali
in the Priority Perseus Veil mission? I'm wondering if i should do that before doing the dozen of sidequests i just got in the Citadel. I want
Tali
as soon as possible, but i dont want to miss any sidequests that could becore unavailable after Perseus Veil. =/

Dilly

Banned
omg, seriously?
so you can still cure the genophage if you dont tell them about the sabotage, and then save Mordin too? wtf man. I didn't see a paragon option to convince mordin to leave the shroud. When did that take place

No, he has to go up there to fix STG's sabotage. Apparently you can save him if you didn't keep Maelon's data or if Wrex died in ME1. It's on the Mass effect wiki page for Mordin. That's quite amazing in my opinion. In my game, the genophage is cured, Eve is alive and Mordin died

I just finished Tuchanka, how far in the game am I? Played for 18h now.

Damn, I was with Ashley in the first one and Miranda in the second. Now it looks like I'm going to have to choose? This may be the toughest decision in the Mass Effect series yet.

Serious

I also went with adept for my insanity playthrough and I found that lift works even better than singularity, and recharges faster too. Double lift followed by double throw was my bread and butter combo. With one team mate that has something against shields, you're unstoppable.

That's pretty much what I've been doing so far. Myself with max Stasis, Pull, Throw and Warp, working on Grenades, then Liara provides Singularity and Ammo and Garrus brings the Overload. I'm almost up the Quarian levels, so we'll see how Tali's Energy Drain performs, and while the other tech based squadmate would probably be better than Garrus at providing Overload, I used that squadmate almost the entire game on my Engineer already.

Double Pull/Throw is just such a fun power to use.

mxgt

Banned
Damn, I was with Ashley in the first one and Miranda in the second. Now it looks like I'm going to have to choose? This may be the toughest decision in the Mass Effect series yet.

I had the same thing, I went with Miranda because Ashley looks fucking weird in ME3

rozay

Banned
omg, seriously?
I don't think that's the case,
the cure sounds like it isn't dispersed properly if the temperature malfunction isn't fixed (and mordin seems like he will always die if you let him go up the elevator to fix it), so everyone will live but the genophage isn't cured and you're basically using the krogan to fight a war without fulfilling your end of the bargain.
This is him living, eve dying and Wreav being the only one in control. You can convince him to stop by telling him Wreav will lead the krogan to kill the turians and salarians after the war: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nguicTLV8iQ
^video is a tuchanka shroud mission spoiler

ShaneB

Progress question, looks like I'm nearing the end...

Cerberus Headquarters, from the description, looks like this starts the end game and point of no return. Correct?

Just wondering, will take a break and finish it off tonight I think.

omg, seriously?

No, you can't cure the genophage if Mordin survives.

Same boat, went with Ashley. No regrets. If it means anything to you I've read that for LI's Shepard has much more interactions with those on his crew and than those who aren't.

MechaX

Okay, I have a romance question.

I just got the scene where Liara comes up to your cabin and discusses the project on how you would like to be remembered. Does this always happen or did I somehow accidentially trigger a romance with Liara? Because I really wanted to keep FemShep's relationship with Garrus.

Quick

Banned
So, does Allers say anything else, or are there any more conversation options other than "Did you want to speak with me, Shepard?" and Get off my ship/Nothing to talk about?

mxgt

Banned

I just got the scene where Liara comes up to your cabin and discusses the project on how you would like to be remembered. Does this always happen or did I somehow accidentially trigger a romance with Liara? Because I really wanted to keep FemShep's relationship with Garrus.

pretty sure it happens regardless, I had a romance with ashley throughout 1 and 2 and I got the scene

Shepard

Always happens, I think. Further in the game the option will appear quite clearly;

Parham

Banned

The project scene will always occur, regardless of your relationship with Liara or any of the other characters.

Dilly

Banned
Oh wow, I only just finished Act 1? Thought I was at least halfway. :lol

That took me 18 hours, It's going to be next year before I'm finished.

MechaX

pretty sure it happens regardless, I had a romance with ashley throughout 1 and 2 and I got the scene

Good and thanks. I was worried because it seems like almost every conversation with a love interest so far has been either extremely sexually awkward or Shepard has the option of giving very mean statements with no in-between.

It gets a lot easier when you remember Ashley is a high-maintenance space racist who will never fully trust you again and Miranda's only flaw is she's literally too perfect.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I finished the game, and now feel like I lost a part of me.

Someone hold me! I don't want to live in a world without Mass Effect.

Edit: As for the ending, I didn't mind it.

Top Bottom