• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dilly

Banned
It gets a lot easier when you remember Ashley is a high-maintenance space racist who will never fully trust you again and Miranda's only flaw is she's literally too perfect.

Yeah, all that whinging from Ashley because I took down the Reapers minions with Cerberus is annoying.

this guy

Sooooo can someone explain galactic readiness to me? It's my understanding that every match of multiplayer you play increases the galactic readiness level by a few percent. However, I've played a whole bunch of multiplayer matches and my readiness hasn't changed whatsoever. It's still sitting at 50%. I'm almost done with the story now and obviously I want to get the two achievements that are tied to this. Any help?

EDIT: if it helps, in the war room and in the multiplayer menu I'm always given the message, "System Offline: Unable to retrieve Galaxy at War status." Uhhh

It gets a lot easier when you remember Ashley is a high-maintenance space racist who will never fully trust you again and Miranda's only flaw is she's literally too perfect.

I am just at the beginning of the game and I seriously wonder why Ashley is so mad that Shep worked with Cerberus when they seem to represent her space racist ideals very well.

Dilly

Banned
Sooooo can someone explain galactic readiness to me? It's my understanding that every match of multiplayer you play increases the galactic readiness level by a few percent. However, I've played a whole bunch of multiplayer matches and my readiness hasn't changed whatsoever. It's still sitting at 50%. I'm almost done with the story now and obviously I want to get the two achievements that are tied to this. Any help?

EDIT: if it helps, in the war room and in the multiplayer menu I'm always given the message, "System Offline: Unable to retrieve Galaxy at War status." Uhhh

Weird, it gets boosted by 4 percent for every match I play.

CAVE343

Still annoyed that I can't holster my weapon, or even lower it. I mean all other npc's lower their weapons when not in combat and I'm stuck with this gun on the screen, pointing it everywhere. Booo

this guy

Yeah, I'm pretty sure something was wrong with my online pass then. I've tried logging out of the EA servers and logging back in, and that didn't help either. I'm on 360 too, so I guess I'm fucked.

I am just at the beginning of the game and I seriously wonder why Ashley is so mad that Shep worked with Cerberus when they seem to represent her space racist ideals very well.

In ME2 she basically says "I hate dem aliens too but da Cerberus is A TERRURIST!!!derp!!"

Still annoyed that I can't holster my weapon, or even lower it. I mean all other npc's lower their weapons when not in combat and I'm stuck with this gun on the screen, pointing it everywhere. Booo

Makes even less sense when I could lower my weapon any damn time in ME2 on PS3

MechaX

It's kinda funny how even the most minor ME2 quests have some closure in ME3.

Damn, I remember helping that asari get back with Poetry Krogan. Too bad he ended up dying. And his dying message was even more depressing.

this guy

Apparently there is a Bioware employee on the forums who is manually fixing the galaxy at war issue for people experiencing it. I shot him a PM, so hopefully he can help me.

It's great that he's willing to do it, but it's ridiculous that I now have to potentially wait days to finish this game to get the proper ending, and that all the multiplayer time I invested had no impact on my campaign. This is an origin account problem, so surely a lot of people are experiencing it. And yet it's getting no attention.

If you read Miranda's file is LotSB,
you'll find out that she's been trying to see if she's able to conceive a child. She isn't, too much genetic modification has made her infertile.
So perfect it hurts her.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hey guys,

I want to get ME3 on PS3, but I hear theres some frame rate issues.

Is it really bad or playable?

Thanks.

Only a couple cutscenes are kind of bad in regards to framerate and some areas with a lot of NPCs chug a bit but overall it's a pretty good port. It's never slowed down in combat for me and I'm 32 hours in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Apparently there is a Bioware employee on the forums who is manually fixing the galaxy at war issue for people experiencing it. I shot him a PM, so hopefully he can help me.

It's great that he's willing to do it, but it's ridiculous that I now have to potentially wait days to finish this game to get the proper ending, and that all the multiplayer time I invested had no impact on my campaign. This is an origin account problem, so surely a lot of people are experiencing it. And yet it's getting no attention.

Not to dismiss the issue, but you don't need the galaxy at war risen at all for the best ending.

Ha, I totally forgot about Ashley's casual racism. Not that it ultimately stopped me in the first one, though. And she's super hot in this game, while Miranda does look a bit weird. Man, decisions, decisions.

TheExodu5

Banned
Haven't tested it out in multiplayer yet, but there's a bit of an exploit with Infiltrator and Cloak. You can fire a sniper shot and immediately use a power before the cloak cooldown engages. Free power usage, basically.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Bioware needs to fix their engine. I've seen way too many graphical glitches, mainly during conversation scenes.

iavi

Bioware needs to fix their engine. I've seen way too many graphical glitches, mainly during conversation scenes.

This game needed another month or two in the oven for QA, for sure. During missions, I've run into 4 different game-breaking bugs, countless disappearing models, and one glitch that muffled my sound to almost nothing until I restarted all the way from the dashboard--quitting to the main menu wouldn't even do it. I never had these issues with 1 or 2.

Ha, I totally forgot about Ashley's casual racism. Not that it ultimately stopped me in the first one, though. And she's super hot in this game, while Miranda does look a bit weird. Man, decisions, decisions.

post-dreadnought: I might be forgetting her attitude in ME1, but Ash
is pretty blatant with the space-racism in this one, when you go talk to her between missions, surprisingly. Saying she feels better shooting an alien than a human, calling shep's allies weird, geth 'flashy' somethings--I forget. I chalk it up to stronger characterization in this one, as it actually reflects in the rest of the crew this time. They don't like her at all, Joker being the most vocal.

winstano

About 6 hours in so far, and there hasn't been a single mention of the choices I made at the end of ME2... Does that become more apparent through the game?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
. . . one glitch that muffled my sound to almost nothing until I restarted all the way from the dashboard--quitting to the main menu wouldn't even do it. I never had these issues with 1 or 2.
I encountered that sound glitch several times in ME2 and in ME3's demo. I'm not sure what causes it.

Don't spoil it but is the ending really that god awful? Some people in the DLC thread are saying it's series ruiningly bad.
I thought it was decent. It's not as awful as I was imagining.

Don't spoil it but is the ending really that god awful? Some people in the DLC thread are saying it's series ruiningly bad.

It is. It made me lose interest in the series completely, it was shocking.

I followed the series for years and now have no interest in it. Sure, I'll still play the mp and maybe do another playthrough because the gameplay is fun.

But it was one of the worst endings to any game I've played, and it was at the end of a story heavy trilogy. Disgusting.

Top Bottom