• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Haha Conrad Verner
jumping in slow motion to "save" Shepard's life from a bullet
was funny.

Also, is
Samara/Morinth
even in the game? If so, its late in the game!

Tess3ract

Banned
I knew that months ahead of time, even before the script leak because people were saying the same thing about EDI. That combined with the obvious reveal in game after mars make it really obvious.

Maybe it was meant to be a surprise, but it wasn't a very good one for all intents and purposes.

Haha Conrad Verner
jumping in slow motion to "save" Shepard's life from a bullet
was funny.

Also, is
Samara/Morinth
even in the game?

Samara is, later on. Morinth isn't. She's a named Banshee...somewhere in the game that never gets a mention.

Maybe if you think things like "darth vader is luke's father" are spoilers in today's world.

I like how some people bitched and moaned that people talked about what character was going to be revealed in Xenoblade when the damn characters were printed on the box.

You can't please anyone.

Yay, a fucking idiot. I define spoiler as something you don't know of significant plot value. Doesn't matter if Bioware lazily hid it in a launch trailer 75% of us watched, it's still a spoiler to that 25%. Who actually like discovering things on their own.

Yay, a fucking idiot. I define spoiler as something you don't know of significant plot value. Doesn't matter if Bioware lazily hid it in a launch trailer 75% of us watched, it's still a spoiler to that 25%. Who actually like discovering things on their own.

Exactly. The guy even just types it out now without tagging it, wtf.

Tess3ract

Banned
I shouldn't have to protect you from yourself simply because you didn't watch a trailer. I don't consider it a spoiler.

Saying how the game ends is a spoiler. Saying that the big baddie ends up being Darth Vader who happens to be god or something, is a spoiler. What characters you play with isnt.

Dresden

I think the biggest shame about the ending is that there's a great stopping point (HUGE ENDING SPOILERS
where Andersonand Shepard sit together, dying
) where, if it had stopped there and had wrapped things up afterward, I think the ending would have been better received.

Instead that's when the bullshit begins.

I shouldn't have to protect you from yourself simply because you didn't watch a trailer. I don't consider it a spoiler.

Saying how the game ends is a spoiler. Saying that the big baddie ends up being Darth Vader who happens to be god or something, is a spoiler. What characters you play with isnt.

Who are you to define what's a spoiler and what isn't? What don't you understand about that concept

There are major spoilers, there are minor spoilers, there are ones in the middle. It's not just the ending and deaths that matter.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I really wish there was a way to kill every human squadmate in the earlier games so they don't appear in the newer ones. I don't think I've liked any of them besides Kasumi, and have liked basically all of the alien squadmates.

I still can't wrap my head around none of the reviews mentioning the ending.

Pretty sure the Giantbomb review mentioned not liking the resolution but avoided specifics for obvious reasons.

Skidd

Garrus and Joker telling jokes
was priceless.

Drunk Tali
is just adorable.

Getting ready for the final mission. How much does
The Galactic readiness affect the final outcome? My forces are almost to the max sitting at around 6000.

mxgt

Banned
I think the biggest shame about the ending is that there's a great stopping point (HUGE ENDING SPOILERS
where Andersonand Shepard sit together, dying
) where, if it had stopped there and had wrapped things up afterward, I think the ending would have been better received.

Instead that's when the bullshit begins.

I would've been content with this instead of what we got instead

Mikeside

I've started this game 3 times now

First time, started as male shep because I couldn't find my decent femshep save file
Then I found it, so I started again - except I accidentally picked the default appearance and went Adept, which I hated

Now I'm finally rockin' my proper Shep as a sentinel & we're kicking all kinds of intergalactic butt.

Tess3ract

Banned
Getting ready for the final mission. How much does
The Galactic readiness affect the final outcome? My forces are almost to the max sitting at around 6000.
That isn't really a spoiler to explain what readiness is, but you'll want around 4000+ Effective Military Strength if you want the
good ending
. 5000+ preferable.
Who are you to define what's a spoiler and what isn't? What don't you understand about that concept

There are major spoilers, there are minor spoilers, there are ones in the middle. It's not just the ending and deaths that matter.
"Oh my god Liara is in the game? GAME RUINED"
This is what people complaining about characters in the game sound like. It's silly.

That isn't really a spoiler to explain what readiness is, but you'll want around 4000+ Effective Military Strength if you want the
good ending
. 5000+ preferable.

This is what people complaining about characters in the game sound like. It's silly.

No, it's nothing like that.

Knowing Liara is in the game, is to use your earlier example, like knowing Darth Vader is in Empire.

Knowing what you spoiled is the Father twist.

Dresden

Man, the ending really was bad. Still think it could be salvaged with some cutting. Mod that latter half out. There's great imagery there and it feels conclusive . . . until they interrupt it and fill the game with a lot of bullshit.

Otherwise, had a lot of fun with the game.

derFeef

Seems like heavy use of quotation mark and upper case is the only way to talk to you.

"CHARACTERS IN THE GAME" and "CHARACTERS THAT END UP IN YOUR SQUAD" is not the same thing.

Do you understand now? It's not you to decide what's a spoiler, just be smart and use your brain.

Tess3ract

Banned
Seems like heavy use of quotation mark and upper case is the only way to talk to you.

"CHARACTERS IN THE GAME" and "CHARACTERS THAT END UP IN YOUR SQUAD" is not the same thing.

Do you understand now? It's not you to decide what's a spoiler, just be smart and use your brain.

If the characters are in the game, it's likely they are in your squad. This is what I was talking about "common sense". Some might not be, but are you really surprised that some are? Come on.

mxgt

Banned
Uhh...Tali
kills herself if I decide to let Legion upload the reaper code?

fuck my life, my game is screwed up.

Waaait.
Not necessarily, if you upload the code then select the paragon/renegade choice option you can persuade the quarians to stop attacking and peace will be formed between the geth and quarians

endgame spoiler:
and then you kill all the geth any way if you want to destroy the reapers lololololol

Dear Liara

You took way too long to give up the goods, So I smashed both Traynor and Allers. Don't hate me for it, I still <3 you.

Sincerely,
Femshep

derFeef

If the characters are in the game, it's likely they are in your squad. This is what I was talking about "common sense". Some might not be, but are you really surprised that some are? Come on.

Yes I was, that's why I said it's a spoiler pic - now I am expecting it, which is crap.
And "likely" ... really?

Denzar

So regarding the side missions on The Citadel you do for
Aria T'Loak and the Eclipse Mercenary group... It think it just glitched out. I convinced Sayn to take over Eclipse after talking to him...but nothing happened....Sayn said he would be talking to Aria.

Anybody else got this too? Solutions? Am I doing something wrong?

Einbroch

Banned
Dang people. If you're going to be upset about something like that, why are you even in a ME3 thread? You should be on complete blackout.

So regarding the side missions on The Citadel you do for
Aria T'Loak and the Eclipse Mercenary group... It think it just glitched out. I convinced Sayn to take over Eclipse after talking to him...but nothing happened....Sayn said he would be talking to Aria.

Anybody else got this too? Solutions? Am I doing something wrong?

That's it, you've finished the Eclipse portion.

Abylim

Any advice on Gold challenges Gaf?
I have a 20 vanguard, and a 20 soldier. Done a few silvers now.
Also, insanity.. Whats the best class? Vanguard seems obvious, but would like some input!

Minamu

Some questions about character deaths: Hopefully this isn't a spoiler, but that list you find early on with casualties? Who are they? I've only recognized three names so far. (Character name)
Mordin is now one of them
. Is that death avoidable? Is it possible to have a completely empty list?

Salaadin

Whats the deal with these weird fetch quests that you pick up from random conversation around the Citadel? I have so many.

I currently have 2 of them that want me to locate items in Hades Nexus but I already have Hades Nexus at 100%. Are these items included in that 100%? If so, why wont it let me complete these then?

Or do I have to scour 100% complete galaxies for more items?

Eric Hall

So I'm trying to decide if I should buy this now or not. I beat both previous ones on my old xbox, but it red-ringed. I then got anew X-Box but couldn't get the files off because of the new hard drive. So I'm wondering if I should just buy the game now and ignore my previous saved character or play through the first two again, then buy this one. Any thoughts?

Dilly

Banned
Yeah, I wasn't planning on dating Harbinger.

:lol

Also, about Joker
Worried he might break his bones with those moves

Carbonox

Whats the deal with these weird fetch quests that you pick up from random conversation around the Citadel? I have so many.

I currently have 2 of them that want me to locate items in Hades Nexus but I already have Hades Nexus at 100%. Are these items included in that 100%? If so, why wont it let me complete these then?

A bunch of them are proper annoying and I would like to know the question regarding already completed nebulas.

I also tried multiplayer for the first time today; 4 matches later and I got to level 10 and a new galactic readiness rating of 66%. Booya!

Dresden

So I'm trying to decide if I should buy this now or not. I beat both previous ones on my old xbox, but it red-ringed. I then got anew X-Box but couldn't get the files off because of the new hard drive. So I'm wondering if I should just buy the game now and ignore my previous saved character or play through the first two again, then buy this one. Any thoughts?

Just download a ME2 save that you like, and import from that.

DTKT

The issue is that you get Fetch quest you can't actually complete if you haven't progressed far enough into the story. For example, I have a fetch quest that requires me to speak to a Batarian into the Citadel refugee camp. The issue is that there is no refugee camp for now. :|

Top Bottom