• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

This game needed another month or two in the oven for QA, for sure. During missions, I've run into 4 different game-breaking bugs, countless disappearing models, and one glitch that muffled my sound to almost nothing until I restarted all the way from the dashboard--quitting to the main menu wouldn't even do it. I never had these issues with 1 or 2.
Strange, i completed the game without a single bug. Or wait, no, i got stuck in Jokers cockpit once.

Don't spoil it but is the ending really that god awful? Some people in the DLC thread are saying it's series ruiningly bad.

It's probably trademark GAF/Internet forum end-of-the-world hyperbole at work where everything is terrible and horrible and worst ever, at least that's what I hope it is.

Anyway, I don't see how any game this year will top ME3 for me. Half-way through and am completely obsessed and immersed into the universe. It feels like a combo of ME1's great story/atmosphere + ME2's superior combat and gameplay.

Sallokin

Romance question

If I "accidentally" banged Samantha, does that shut down any romance options I'd have left with Liara? I just went into Liara's quarters and she said something about us not having the time anyway etc.

rozay

Banned
It is. It made me lose interest in the series completely, it was shocking.

I followed the series for years and now have no interest in it. Sure, I'll still play the mp and maybe do another playthrough because the gameplay is fun.

But it was one of the worst endings to any game I've played, and it was at the end of a story heavy trilogy. Disgusting.
aw man

GSR

Does anyone know which sidequests disappear after finishing Tuchanka? I've still got a few Citadel quests that I can't seem to finish, and I'd rather not lose them if I'm just missing the wrong person to talk to.

Darklord

Banned
A warning to those playing online. You can get banned for other peoples hacks.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...of-credits-in-multiplayer-mode-9689886-1.html

I recieved a large amount of credits (millions) after a multiplayer
match. After checking it out it seems other people have had the same
thing, It's probably from when the host has modified their game files.

Any way, I made the mistake of spending said credits just to see what sort of stuff you get out of spectre boxes. I bought a lot, like, loads.

Anyway tried to play the game again today, 'this account is invalid'. Contacted EA support it turns out my account is banned because of 'suspected credit hacking'.

Now, I wouldn't mind if I can't play the multiplayer anymore, it's my own stupid fault for spending said credits.

However
this also means I can't access any of my single player DLC, I had
already recruited the DLC character, I was wearing DLC weapons. It's effectively screwed up my game.

It's so frustrating, I barely even play multiplayer games, to me mass effect is a single player series, I was only playing multiplayer to get galactic readiness to 100% so that I could feel my single player game was 'perfect'.

Anyway, consider yourselves warned.

Bioware said:
Hi guys, real quick: cheating is a top item under review/investigation by the live team. We'll have more info soon, but I'll pass along your situation (OP) to them to look at fixing you up. Please note that the intention is NOT to ban people who are "victims" of these kinds of hacks (ie got credits they didn't ask for). If this happens to you, I recommend not spending them :)

Did create Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save and put the save inside the folder but it still didn't read it :(

after \Save put: \Jane_31_Adept_120212 so it will be in Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save\Jane_31_Adept_120212

you can change name, level number, and class. don't think it matters, can be anything

And of course restart game if it's running.

Digishine

Banned
What ? I Don't even...

iHo6HVDHOPgvw.jpg

pic without the gray mark

http://i.minus.com/ibaQF3OKsRocon.jpg

Dilly

Banned
About that priority mission on the citadel

I'm more of a paragon guy, but I shot Udina the first chance I got. Goddamn bastard, it actually made me "upset"

Jhoan

* Spoilers are in the link*: Destructoid article about the ending

While I haven't played the game yet (it should get here within the next 2-3 days), I'm prepared to be disappointed. I also read a Gamasutra article about ME3's narrative decisions which you can read here (minor spoilers). He makes a couple of points such as that the
War Assets should have been a strategy mini game and that Shepard's a "galactic errand boy."

ME2 spoilers:I still haven't decided whether or not to
break up with Liara in order to stay with Tali in ME2 (I finished LotSB; haven't invited Liara to the Normandy); decisions, decisions.

Spoiler pic dude.

Yeah, pretty inconsiderate to just post a pic like that. Wonder what goes through someone's mind. A couple o pretty big character spoilers there.

JIPAN, I didn't read past the first few words of your post: USE SPOILER TAGS BRO jesus did you guys just start internet foruming today

This thread is a goddamn minefield.

EDIT WAIT, Sorry Jipan! I'm using the gaf night time skin which makes the backgrounds black and links don't show up as blue (gotta hover over them to see the word is a link) and just now saw your first sentence is a link so ignore what i just said. oops

Untracked

Game just crashed while loading on 360. I reboot to discover all my Achievement progress has been reset to zero and my Options are back to Default.
I still have my single player mission saves and multiplayer unlocks / purchases, but I'm very pissed off that this has happened after 24 hours of play.
Hopefully it won't happen again.

Cheech

Did create Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save and put the save inside the folder but it still didn't read it :(

Patch ME2 and re-play the ending. That's what I had to do to get my 360 version to import.

BTW, it's worth it. Do anything you need to do to get that save working.

Just finished Tuchanka. The story so far, combined with the multiplayer, it is going to be AWFULLY difficult to unseat this for my GOTY. This game is simply the best thing Bioware has ever done, and I played through all their Baldur's Gate stuff. The production values, the storytelling, the gameplay itself, is all off the charts spectacular.

As I sit here typing this, I haven't showered since Friday AM. My wife is both disgusted and laughing at me, since it's been years since a game has grabbed me like this. I want to say it's been since I booted up WoW in 2004.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The bar is full? You're good to go.

I don't get it, what's the point of the galactic readiness thing if there's also a separate metric (the bar) for how prepared you are? What does the galactic readiness thing do different?

Answer without spoilers would be preferable, only about halfway through.

The recon helmet causes a freaky ass bug when it removes your helmet for cutscenes. Itremoves shepards eyelids for the duration of the missions in cutscenes.

0-30 hours of Mass Effect 3: FUCKING AWESOME
30 hours - 30 hours 10 minutes: What the fuck is this shit!?

There is actually a point earlier in the game where the ending can be foreseen.

on Thessia, choose the left dialogue option and observe. What is said indicates directly what the ending shows, unfortunately. More in the spoiler thread.

Lol like nobody knew those when demo came out anyhow I edit in spoiler free

I didn't play the demo and would have had no idea about
eeedddiiiiiii (made it longer so ppl cant guess lol
and would have been pissed. Thankfully I'm past that part and knew about it before your pic.

FINALLY GOT THE FUCKING GAME.

About 3-4 hours in. Not really past the "tutorial" section, want some time with mah ship <3

Thoughts so far...

- Rushing through the boring demo section I've played four times like a motherfucker
- Kaiden you shut your bitch mouth and show me some respect
- LIARA! <3
- Okay Vega, that was sort of cool.
- This is what you get for disrespecting me Kaiden
- No satisfying "Reapers" moment :(
- Convincing Al-Jilani that I'm doing everything I can feels a lot better than headbutting her
- Ohmygodthisgameissobig

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't get it, what's the point of the galactic readiness thing if there's also a separate metric (the bar) for how prepared you are? What does the galactic readiness thing do different?

Answer without spoilers would be preferable, only about halfway through.

Yeah, I'm pretty confused by it. I seem to have boosted some percentages by playing a few hours of multiplayer, but I'm not sure how it applies to my overall rating. I want to be sure I do everything I can to prepare.

DTKT

Yeah, I'm pretty confused by it. I seem to have boosted some percentages by playing a few hours of multiplayer, but I'm not sure how it applies to my overall rating. I want to be sure I do everything I can to prepare.

Pretty sure that the Galactic Readiness is just a percentage applied to War assets score. So, you if have 1500 War assets and 50% Galac.readiness, your effective score is 750, if you get it to 100%, you keep the 1500 War asset.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yeah, mine went up to 76% from playing multiplayer, but slowly decayed over time as I played single player. It's now at 73%. The game does an incredibly poor job of explaining this, or the purpose of it in the context of the single player.

Also, fuck Bioware for not implementing an eventuality for the ME1 import bug. What a stupid, stupid idea.

My Shepard's nose and hair are ALL WRONG. No impact on saving the galaxy clearly, but in a game centered around your own personal experience, not valuing people completely who've been playing since Eden Prime is just a load of bullhonkey. My Shepard looks... NORMAL now. I'm used to him having freaky vacant eyes and a big bulbous nose.

Tess3ract

Banned
Yeah, pretty inconsiderate to just post a pic like that. Wonder what goes through someone's mind. A couple o pretty big character spoilers there.

JIPAN, I didn't read past the first few words of your post: USE SPOILER TAGS BRO jesus did you guys just start internet foruming today

This thread is a goddamn minefield.

EDIT WAIT, Sorry Jipan! I'm using the gaf night time skin which makes the backgrounds black and links don't show up as blue (gotta hover over them to see the word is a link) and just now saw your first sentence is a link so ignore what i just said. oops

Spoiler pic dude.
SPOILERS PEOPLE ARE ALIVE IF THEY WERE ALIVE IN THE PREVIOUS GAME

This isn't a goddamn spoiler, this is common sense.

The way people are going on about the ending you'd swear Shepard gets hemorrhoids and has to stay in his quarters while Diana Allers teams up with that demented old lady at the Citadel Embassies to save the universe.

I'm not there yet, but I doubt it's going to be so bad. The guys at eurogamer and gameinformer didn't seem too bothered by it.

The readiness level determines how fast that bar will fill up, higher readiness = less assets needed to get the best ending. At least that's how I understand it.

so you can get the best ending by only playing SP, right? How much strength? I read someone said 5000 (not effective strength, but regular one without percentage reduction)

Tess3ract

Banned
No it isn't. Who says they are going to end up in your squad?
Common sense is lost here I guess.
Maybe if you think things like "darth vader is luke's father" are spoilers in today's world.

I like how some people bitched and moaned that people talked about what character was going to be revealed in Xenoblade when the damn characters were printed on the box.

You can't please anyone.

SPOILERS PEOPLE ARE ALIVE IF THEY WERE ALIVE IN THE PREVIOUS GAME

This isn't a goddamn spoiler, this is common sense.

Hey genius
EDI taking over that synthetic and becoming a humanoid party member was 100% a spoiler. I would've been pissed if I didn't know about it already as it was a really cool setup and reveal.
<- character spoiler

derFeef

Maybe if you think things like "darth vader is luke's father" are spoilers in today's world.

I like how some people bitched and moaned that people talked about what character was going to be revealed in Xenoblade when the damn characters were printed on the box.

You can't please anyone.

Well you really don't get it I guess.

Top Bottom