• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Tess3ract

Banned
The issue is that you get Fetch quest you can't actually complete if you haven't progressed far enough into the story. For example, I have a fetch quest that requires me to speak to a Batarian into the Citadel refugee camp. The issue is that there is no refugee camp for now. :|
Later on in the story you get a floor on the citadel called D2 Holding Area or something. That's it.

Uhh...Tali
kills herself if I decide to let Legion upload the reaper code?

fuck my life, my game is screwed up.

It depends on how you do it...
if you can convince the migrant fleet to withdraw you get the geth and quarians skipping off into the sunset hand and hand outcome even if you let legion upload the code....legion sacrifices himself though with an awesome ending though. None of the character deaths have pissed me off yet except
Kelly Chambers

Whats the deal with these weird fetch quests that you pick up from random conversation around the Citadel? I have so many.

I currently have 2 of them that want me to locate items in Hades Nexus but I already have Hades Nexus at 100%. Are these items included in that 100%? If so, why wont it let me complete these then?

Or do I have to scour 100% complete galaxies for more items?

Some of them you need to get the items during missions on certain planets. You don't get them all from scanning.

Dany

Banned
50% of the time I stumble into the wrong Mass Effect 3. Luckily I back out quickly enough for the spoilers ones but still...there are a lot of threads talking mass effect :p

Also, after a certain priority mission, you will be unable to complete certain side mission because the NPC is no longer there.

the mission is
citadel when the dalatras wants to speak to you

froliq

Some questions about character deaths: Hopefully this isn't a spoiler, but that list you find early on with casualties? Who are they? I've only recognized three names so far. (Character name)
Mordin is now one of them
. Is that death avoidable? Is it possible to have a completely empty list?

If you mean the list that's on the 3rd floor of the Normany then it's the deaths of the people who served on the Normandy. So you're ME1 crew will be on there for sure and possibly ME2 depending on your save and whoever from ME3.

So this has probably been asked before, but I'm trying to stay away from ME-related threads right now (20 hours in).

It's about the galaxy map (spoiler tag just in case):
Do you lose anything when captured by reapers? Or is the only setback that I have to start over? If that's so, then nothing is stopping me to just randomly scan around, memorize the locations of the war assets, possibly get captured, restart, and then just scan again at the memorized locations without alerting reapers?

Not excellently phrased but I hope you get what I mean.

On romancing (earlyish in the game): In ME1 I romanced Ashley. IN ME2 I romanced Miranda. In ME3 I just ran into
Miranda on the Citadel docks, right after talking to Ashley in the hospital after she accepted Spectre status. After some chit chat she cuts to the chase.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I went into the game intending on going with Ashley for sure. But I feel like I've been through more with Miranda since character development in ME1 was not as robust. And I tried both options and shooting her down just makes me sad. Her reaction is heart breaking. It sucks that there isn't a middle of the road answer that allows you to still converse with her afterwards. I'm assuming she just kind of disappears the rest of the game if you choose that option, but when I reloaded and chose the other option I was able to converse with her and find out about her sister and shit, making it seem like it might lead to a mission or something later in the game.

I'm guessing she isn't going to be part of the crew, so it almost seems weird romancing essentially a "cameo" character instead of a main character, but I just hate that the options to answer her question are so black and white. :/ Damn you Bioware.

MechaX

Yeah, I wasn't planning on dating Harbinger.

Speaking of Harbinger, (early game spoilers)
I'm doing the Tuchanka stuff now and... where in the hell is Harbinger? I'm ten hours into the game and I haven't heard any of his "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL THIS HURTS YOU I AM UNSTOPPABLE" shenanigans yet. Given his fascination with Shepard, you would think he would be the first to stalk him/her across the galaxy.

Dresden

I'm doing the Tuchanka stuff now and... where in the hell is Harbinger? I'm ten hours into the game and I haven't heard any of his "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL THIS HURTS YOU I AM UNSTOPPABLE" shenanigans yet. Given his fascination with Shepard, you would think he would be the first to stalk him/her across the galaxy.

Bioware's writers probably just forgot.

He doesn't talk. Not even once. lol

Dany

Banned
So this has probably been asked before, but I'm trying to stay away from ME-related threads right now (20 hours in).

It's about the galaxy map (spoiler tag just in case):
Do you lose anything when captured by reapers? Or is the only setback that I have to start over? If that's so, then nothing is stopping me to just randomly scan around, memorize the locations of the war assets, possibly get captured, restart, and then just scan again at the memorized locations without alerting reapers?

Not excellently phrased but I hope you get what I mean.

Just scan around the entire star system and the entire cluster. If they manage to catch you, the game restarts right where you are. So the plan should be to enter a cluster and 100% it. The penalty of being caught is so small, it doesn't even matter.

Carbonox

Why's it so hard for me to get my dick wet in this game?

Below is just covering my ass but it's about the gals in the game.

Trayner or whatever her name is wants to get down with EDI, and Diana seemed a bit vague after I invited her to my room for an interview. As for Miranda, she disappeared after the Citadel and Liara is such a tight ass in this game apart from a measly kiss or two. :p

Grisby

Question about side missions and such. I'm just starting act 2 I believe and want to know how to proceed.

I picked up 3 side missions that seem to actually be side missions. I'm also tasked with speaking to the quarians for the first time. I want Tali on my squad as soon as possible but I don't want to fail those 3 side missions. Will it be a while before she joins and I should probably do the side stuff first now? Or is it cool to go meet with them?

Just scan around the entire star system and the entire cluster. If they manage to catch you, the game restarts right where you are. So the plan should be to enter a cluster and 100% it. The penalty of being caught is so small, it doesn't even matter.

Alright. Thanks! Makes the whole matter a lot less tedious.

Why's it so hard for me to get my dick wet in this game?

Below is just covering my ass but it's about the gals in the game.

Trayner or whatever her name is wants to get down with EDI, and Diana seemed a bit vague after I invited her to my room for an interview. As for Miranda, she disappeared after the Citadel and Liara is such a tight ass in this game apart from a measly kiss or two. :p

Traynor is the first to go ''wet'' on you

zychi

Banned
I'm on disc 2 now about 6 hours of gametime I think. I just
saved the school of kids, met miranda and found cebereus' lab with the medi gel.

How far into the game am i? This one hooked me unlike the others.

Salaadin

What the hell. My level just reset. I started a new mission and couldnt use any squad powers. I check the menu and theyre all locked and its listing me at level 1 with only 3 points to dump into powers.

My closest manual save is from 2 hours ago when I was level 46. How the hell did this happen?

EDIT: Seems to be happening to others too :\

Sai

The ending... Uhm...

WHAT? o_o

And I didn't make Level 60... Didn't they say you could reach it if you imported? I got did everything, man.

Kem0sabe

Is it even possible to get the EMS score to 5000 without MP? I´m almost to the end of the game, done every single fucking quest, side quest, bullshit assignment and im nowhere near 5000...

It seems you can only get the satisfactory post credits ending if your over 5000 EMS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it even possible to get the EMS score to 5000 without MP? I´m almost to the end of the game, done every single fucking quest, side quest, bullshit assignment and im nowhere near 5000...

It seems you can only get the satisfactory post credits ending if your over 5000 EMS.

Yes, it's possible.

I'm confused, does that mean you need a cumulative War Asset score of 10 000? (x 50% Galaxy At War readiness = 5 000 EMS)

pmj

Level 60 in a single playthrough is likely doable, but tough. I got to level 58 or 59 during my playthrough with an imported ME2 character, starting at level 30. I reached level 60 in the second area of NG+. You can earn a lot of extra XP by using as little omni gel as possible, as omni gel dispensers give you XP instead of omni gel if your inventory is full.

After you kill that small Reaper with a orbital strike, he talks to you & mentions Harbinger talking about Shepard to the other Reapers.

I could imagine it going down like they were all sitting at a poker table when he starts talking about Shepard lol.

Tess3ract

Banned
I used one omnigel the whole game, and I'd always get 90-100% of every pickup on every level unless I overlooked something, imported at 30, I couldn't do the kasumi/hanar/conrad quests because they bugged out, and I dont think I missed anything else.

Not sure how you can get four more levels out of that...

Sai

I imported, but yes. I thought people were saying even with an imported character you couldn't get 60. I got it easy.
Well, it seemed like I was well on my way until I was like an inch from the finishing line and still stuck at 58.

I don't know why it's different, I took care of every side mission I could.

Level 60 in a single playthrough is likely doable, but tough. I got to level 58 or 59 during my playthrough with an imported ME2 character, starting at level 30. I reached level 60 in the second area of NG+. You can earn a lot of extra XP by using as little omni gel as possible, as omni gel dispensers give you XP instead of omni gel if your inventory is full.
... That may have played a part, I guess. Though I don't see how it could've made enough of a difference to clear a level 'n some change.

Kem0sabe

Yes, it's possible.

I'm confused, does that mean you need a cumulative War Asset score of 10 000? (x 50% Galaxy At War readiness = 5 000 EMS)

Yep, you need to reach 10000 or more war effort resources. Guess ill have to hit MP, because even with all the systems explored, side quests,
even making peace with geth and quarians
and an imported save, i dont even have 7000 resources.

Guess Bioware lied when they said it was possible to get the full endgame experience without mp?

Maybe if the new game plus gives you extra resources it would be doable, still sucks to replay this again.

Top Bottom