• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

kanugo

I don't have a Mass Effect 2 save in this console, so I'm starting a new game on ME 2 so I can import the save to Mass Effect 3.

I already did this but I didn't customize anything and ME3 couldn't find the save. Do I need to change anything in ME2 so ME3 can recognize the file?

Salaadin

So you really enjoyed the DLC?

The mission that comes with the DLC is dull and doesnt really add much. Its also very short.
The character that you get from the DLC is the complete opposite -- one of the more interesting characters in the game and one of the first people you run to after a mission just to hear what he has to say. His dialogue is cool and interesting and its especially fun to listen to him interacting with other characters and seeing how other characters feel about him.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'll probably take him and Liara on every missions in my 2nd playthrough. I'm sure the 2 of them often talk to each other outside of the Normandy instead of generic comments like "Watch out Cerberus troops incoming!". Now im mostly taking Kaidan(all my other Shepards have Ashley) and Garrus(LI for my current femshep).

So with ME2, either going Paragon or Renegade, it was possible to
save everyone during Suicide Mission

Is such a thing possible in ME3? Yes/No will do.

I find it interesting how the whole plot is some weird cross between World War II and The Seven Samurai.

Between the virtually inescapable complaints all over every site I visit regarding the ending and my own growing suspicions of how it's going to end, I'm fairly eager to finish it now.

Bisnic

Garrus never said the quote
"My name is Garrus Vakarian and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel"
when i went to "that" spot. Was it because my Shepard romanced him or was it because of some decisions i chose while i was there like not missing a sniper shot on the bottles he was throwing?

Jrmint

So what did you guys choose for the
curing the genophage quest? It was honestly one of the more difficult video game choices I have ever made. I ended up sabotaging it bc Eve died and I agreed with Mordin that Wreav couldn't be trusted on his own. Also I didn't want Mordin to die in the process. But I do honestly feel bad about it. I'll do the other choice for my next play through. What are the repercussions if you do cure it?

RTS83

I was a pretty vocal opponent of the demo, thought it was awful for some reason.

Now that I'm roughly...10 hours in (mostly derping around on sidequests/scanning) I can confidently say that this is what the series always should have been gameplay/graphics-wise.

I knew from the second I got to the Mars mission (from the demo) that, given context and playing with MY Shepard, that I was going to love this game.

Thus far, it has not disappointed me.

bigace33

OK, thanks. Does the DLC character have any use, kinda like how Zaeed was useful in ME2's final mission?
I took Javik on all but maybe 2 or 3 missions. His special grenade is incredible for crowd control. One explosion instantly kills any enemy in the area. Combine that with his very funny back history on all the different alien races, and I would say he was one of the many highlights of the game for me. He definitely added to my enjoyment.

Zeliard

So what did you guys choose for the
curing the genophage quest? It was honestly one of the more difficult video game choices I have ever made. I ended up sabotaging it bc Eve died and I agreed with Mordin that Wreav couldn't be trusted on his own. Also I didn't want Mordin to die in the process. But I do honestly feel bad about it. I'll do the other choice for my next play through. What are the repercussions if you do cure it?

In my game,
Mordin, Eve and Wreav all died. I think Eve died because I destroyed Maelon's data in ME2.

Garrus never said the quote
"My name is Garrus Vakarian and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel"
when i went to "that" spot. Was it because my Shepard romanced him or was it because of some decisions i chose while i was there like not missing a sniper shot on the bottles he was throwing?

You have to let him win

Eusis

So with ME2, either going Paragon or Renegade, it was possible to
save everyone during Suicide Mission

Is such a thing possible in ME3? Yes/No will do.
Yes/No is literally it, for party members of ME3 anyway.

A scene near the end SEEMINGLY killed one of my crew, only for her to pop back up in the ending sequence anyway. Similar has happened to a bunch of people actually.

How does purchasing DLC work on the PC version?

It's becoming apparent that I'll have to buy DLC at some point either From Ashes or some kind of alternate ending for a more fleshed out experience . I would prefer to play on PC but I'm unfamiliar with how it works in ME3. I think the ease of which its acquired might dictate my platform of choice.

bengraven

Fucking Allers. What did I do to get friend zoned like that? I want my trashy night of sex with you after that certain mission.

THAT'S IT GET OFF MY SHIP.

Bisnic

How does purchasing DLC work on the PC version?

It's becoming apparent that I'll have to buy DLC at some point either From Ashes or some kind of alternate ending for a more fleshed out experience . I would prefer to play on PC but I'm unfamiliar with how it works in ME3. I think the ease of which its acquired might dictate my platform of choice.

You click on Downloadable Content in the main menu of the game... the rest is easy to follow for payment, you'll need 10$ of Bioware points(which is 800? i forgot), after that you'll see the DLC downloading in Origin and it will tell you when its ready.

Najaf

If i tell one of my past romances (from ME1 or 2) that I am still interested, does this lock me out of future romance options in ME3? I am caught between wanting to see new content and being expected to make this call so early in the game. Any spoiler free feedback would be appreciated.

exYle

So what happens if Legion
was skipped in ME2 and/or not opened? Someone else replace him in the Geth server mission?

Supposedly, if you sell him to Cerberus, he appears as an enemy unit, similar to how Morinth and Jack can work out. If he dies, he gets replaced by a Legion look-a-like, but refuses to be called Legion.

Bisnic

Supposedly, if you sell him to Cerberus, he appears as an enemy unit, similar to how Morinth and Jack can work out. If he dies, he gets replaced by a Legion look-a-like, but refuses to be called Legion.

Jack? I heard about Morinth, but how can Jack appear as an enemy at all?

Samara

No. Just wrong. Spoilers people
He's become a geth V.I. with the blue grid inside of him. He's not an ennemy. Morinth only sends her sisters email. You don't even see her. Jack is dead. What are you talking about?!?!

Petrichor

No. Just wrong. Spoilers people
He's become a geth V.I. with the blue grid inside of him. He's not an ennemy. Morinth only sends her sisters email. You don't even see her. Jack is dead. What are you talking about?!?!

You can encounter a banshee called Morinth, and something similar for Jack if you don't do her side mission quickly enough

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Worst game ending of all time that ruins the entire trilogy my fucking arse.

The greatest joy of that ending was it not living up to the hyperbolic hate and anger I expected to feel.

Top Bottom