• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Eusis

Right, it's all MS' fault. :lol
More likely just MS inflaming a bad trend. I don't doubt paid DLC would've risen even if every platform holder operated like Steam, but maybe the sense of value would've been better.

Anyways if you got it on consoles you can just wait on a sale, likely get it for $5 or at least $7.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
OK, thanks. Does the DLC character have any use, kinda like how Zaeed was useful in ME2's final mission?

If you mean gameplay wise, his assault rifle is really good and can be used by any squadmates. His unique power is kinda nice too.

.GqueB.

Banned
Question about the post shroud mission at the Citadel:

I didn't finish all the fetch sidequest on the Citadel and when I tried to go back you know what happened. Are all those side missions gone or will everything go back to normal afterwards.

Eusis

Question about the post shroud mission at the Citadel:

I didn't finish all the fetch sidequest on the Citadel and when I tried to go back you know what happened. Are all those side missions gone or will everything go back to normal afterwards.
Some will, some won't I believe. I saw
some characters from before, and some characters outright vanished.

Eusis

It really is
It's bad, but there is a significant degree of overreacting. At worst I think it may just invalidate this game alone to an extent, the first is standalone and you can feasibly pretend the other two (or at least this one) didn't happen because it should've taken forever for Reapers to come back from dark space anyway, and the second was basically a series of vignettes with some plot giving an excuse to seek these out.

Basch

I really can't focus on my classes right now. I'm so close to the ending. It's distracting. I can't play it again until Friday either. Okay, maybe I'm not that close. I probably have 10 hours left, but still... :'(

Moaradin

I really hope the ending doesn't make me end up hating the rest of the game. The first 95% of the game is by far the best stuff in the series. I'm right at the point of no return and I'm scared of even beating it.

protonion

I'm near the end now.
I like it but not as much as ME2 (haven't played 1). ME2 was a more interesting experience.
I have yet to see something as exciting and memorable as the royalty missions.

Another thing that bothers me is the Reapers.
One is killed by a giant worm and another by a few missiles guided by a single person on foot. Those pathetic machines are going to wipe out the galaxy? They don't feel like a threat at all.

mxgt

Banned
I really hope the ending doesn't make me end up hating the rest of the game. The first 95% of the game is by far the best stuff in the series. I'm right at the point of no return and I'm scared of even beating it.
I said when I finished it that I was ready to name it my favourite ME game

Then I witnessed the ending and what has been seen can never be forgotten

A true fucking shame because besides a few other issues I have, I loved the game until the final 10 mins

Moaradin

I said when I finished it that I was ready to name it my favourite ME game

Then I witnessed the ending and what has been seen can never be forgotten

A true fucking shame because besides a few other issues I have, I loved the game until the final 10 mins

Wow. It's only 10 minutes? Not even the last couple hours? How easy would it be to dismiss it even happened?

Lol I'm that desperate.

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing if the ending is another example of people going crazy over the replication of a stock internet image, or genuinely awful.

Wonder what it could be outside of Shepard sticking his finger up his butt and singing a song about how the Reapers are bad.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm near the end now.
I like it but not as much as ME2 (haven't played 1). ME2 was a more interesting experience.
I have yet to see something as exciting and memorable as the royalty missions.

Another thing that bothers me is the Reapers.
One is killed by a giant worm and another by a few missiles guided by a single person on foot. Those pathetic machines are going to wipe out the galaxy? They don't feel like a threat at all.

The big thing about the Reapers is their numbers. If you're able to single one out without a geth fleet or fleet of other Reapers it doesn't take a ton of ships to take them down. But yeah there's like a million of those fuckers so it's impossible to take them down normally.

I wonder how many of these ending haters got the "good" "secret" ending or even if it's a big difference big picture. I don't think I'll care much because I've always hated this story with the reapers.

Dennis

Banned
Jesus Christ GAF, I just had a virus scare. I was looking at having to restore Win7 to a previous time AND THAT WOULD MEAN LOSING MASS EFFECT 3 PROGRESS!

I got it removed otherwise, thank god.

But if I say anything offensive to the mods or do anything wrong DON'T BAN ME MODS, ITS THE VIRUS TALKING.

Eusis

I wonder how many of these ending haters got the "good" "secret" ending or even if it's a big difference big picture. I don't think I'll care much because I've always hated this story with the reapers.
I'm actually even more put off seeing all the endings are
essentially the same. If they at least quickly showed different consequences to each it'd be weak, but only about as weak as KotOR's ending. Instead, it pretty much IS "choose your favorite colored explosions! Oh, and if Reapers fall or fly off, and if everything gets circuit lines or not.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it,
that kind of makes galactic readiness bullshit too. If it affected the state of Earth, your team, and whether Shepard lived in a more dramatic manner it'd be fine, but at best it LOOSELY does those. Destroy blows away the Earth's surface rather than just killing Synthetics while leaving the fate of the Normandy ambiguous (maybe only EDI survived and is peeking out?), and the extreme good gives a HINT Shepard lived. Instead it seems more to serve to enable these options for some arbitrary reason, maybe dependent on how well built the Crucible is and if it was defended well enough? But you still see those options but blocked off so... gah.

Salaadin

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing if the ending is another example of people going crazy over the replication of a stock internet image, or genuinely awful.

Wonder what it could be outside of Shepard sticking his finger up his butt and singing a song about how the Reapers are bad.

Ive never been so tempted to spoil and ending for myself before. Im obviously holding out until I beat it for myself but seeing all this hate has me so curious.
On the bright side, I guess my expectations have been lowered so maybe it wont seem as bad to me.

mxgt

Banned
Wow. It's only 10 minutes? Not even the last couple hours? How easy would it be to dismiss it even happened?

Lol I'm that desperate.
The last mission is a blast until it reaches the very end which is when Bioware decided to go fucking insane for no reason whatsoever.

I'll just say that if they had cut the actual ending out and ended it with the scene just before it
with the addition of the crucible actually working
a lot of us would be much more content.

Ive never been so tempted to spoil and ending for myself before. Im obviously holding out until I beat it for myself but seeing all this hate has me so curious.
On the bright side, I guess my expectations have been lowered so maybe it wont seem as bad to me.

Yeah, I really am regretting my constant checking of this thread. It has done nothing but un-hype the ending for me. Regardless, I am loving the game so far, and will continue to do so until the end.

I don't know what they could do exactly to piss me off. Only thing that annoys me is when you don't see the impact of the ending.

Like, say if Shepard succeeded, I'd want to see a Link to the Past epilogue of everyone being happy and awesome.

LosDaddie

Banned
More likely just MS inflaming a bad trend. I don't doubt paid DLC would've risen even if every platform holder operated like Steam, but maybe the sense of value would've been better.

Anyways if you got it on consoles you can just wait on a sale, likely get it for $5 or at least $7.

True, but I think the DLC would've been there regardless of MS, or not. There's nothing stopping Sony from making the DLC free for PS3 gamers.

Sign of the times.

There is a mission towards the end that he has very important story significance. You don't "need" to bring him, but it would be stupid not to.

Does this mission make it pretty clear that having the DLC character along is useful? I don't want to miss out on this.

If you mean gameplay wise, his assault rifle is really good and can be used by any squadmates. His unique power is kinda nice too.

eh, I doubt I'd use the DLC much, except for a few special missions. My typical crew is Garrus and my female love interest.

Overpriced compared to all ME2 DLC.

damn...

Tacitus_

Lol I'm that desperate.

It's quite easy to dismiss the last 10 minutes as a dream sequence. Though it would be such a cop out from Bioware if they made it official >_>

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Jesus Christ GAF, I just had a virus scare. I was looking at having to restore Win7 to a previous time AND THAT WOULD MEAN LOSING MASS EFFECT 3 PROGRESS!

I got it removed otherwise, thank god.

But if I say anything offensive to the mods or do anything wrong DON'T BAN ME MODS, ITS THE VIRUS TALKING.

Harbinger: Assuming Direct Control

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Freaking Hanar Diplomat sidequest bugged for me... I just am about to go to
Tuchanka
and I hear that after that quest, a lot of the incomplete Citadel quests become unwinnable. So now I am sitting around hoping for a patch to fix the quest (basically, if you leave the Citadel when engaged in the Hanar Diplomat quest, you are unable to access the terminals needed to complete it)...

do you guys think Bioware will release a patch soon? Or should I just say "screw it"... I'm one of those OCD gamers who likes to complete every quest.

Salaadin

I don't know what they could do exactly to piss me off. Only thing that annoys me is when you don't see the impact of the ending.

Like, say if Shepard succeeded, I'd want to see a Link to the Past epilogue of everyone being happy and awesome.

Id prefer Ocarina of Time style where Shepard and everyone else dances around a campfire.

.GqueB.

Banned
Tuchanka
and I hear that after that quest, a lot of the incomplete Citadel quests become unwinnable. So now I am sitting around hoping for a patch to fix the quest (basically, if you leave the Citadel when engaged in the Hanar Diplomat quest, you are unable to access the terminals needed to complete it)...

do you guys think Bioware will release a patch soon? Or should I just say "screw it"... I'm one of those OCD gamers who likes to complete every quest.

oh so thats what happened.

Hmmm.... regarding the 'Memorial Wall' on the Normandy:

Zaeed was the only playable character of mine that died in ME2, but he's not listed on the memorial. Kelly Chambers (poor gal) is, but no sign of Zaeed. Poor bastard. Gets no respect. :p

Moaradin

Zaeed was the only playable character of mine that died in ME2, but he's not listed on the memorial. Kelly Chambers (poor gal) is, but no sign of Zaeed. Poor bastard. Gets no respect. :p

Zaeed was just a gun for hire. I don't think he was part of the team so he doesn't deserve a memorial on the Normandy :p

.GqueB.

Banned
Another question:

Do the effects of your decision regarding the genophage cure become apparent in this game? It's killing me thinking about whether or not this is a good decision.

There's a memorial wall on the Normandy? Where?

Another weird memorial wall thing,
some of the characters are listed even though they died when they no longer are part of the Normandy crew, like Thane (who died a non combat death too) and Mordin (who pretty much killed himself)...yet Kelly who was shot in the head by Cerberus is not listed. Wtf

I'm knee deep into the game and did not play "From Ashes" even though I have it from my CE.

Question: has someone played the DLC after starting the game?

Q2: If so, do the char(s) transfer to the already ongoing safe file?

Zeliard

Another question:

Do the effects of your decision regarding the genophage cure become apparent in this game? It's killing me thinking about whether or not this is a good decision.

There's a memorial wall on the Normandy? Where?

Right in front of the elevator on the 3rd floor.

I spotted
Thane Krios
on there while chatting with Garrus around that spot. Not cool yo. They add names as the game goes along.

Meier

Tuchanka

Ahh bummer, I have a few Citadel side quests that I was wondering about..
I figured they'd fix everything back up at some point after the attack
and then I'd get to finish some of them but I guess not huh. I just finished that part of the game so I am hoping I end up getting a few more party member choices -- I'm surprised I still only have 4 people to choose from. Just been using Liara and James.. Liara or any sort of biotic is a must IMO. I was hoping that after the one side quest at the Grissom School, I'd get to
have Jack in my party again.. and hopefully press her up against the wall as she reminded me

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
.......why?

That squadmate is one of the more fleshed out ones and adds a lot to the lore of the game. He's one of the best parts.

How do you access it? Does it just appear as you go through the story? I'm still pretty early on, I think... just finished that second part in the demo featuring Wrex.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm about 30 hours into the game so I don't recall 100%, but pretty sure you get it as soon as you get the Normandy...

It's on
Eden Prime

Yes

Aww, I see. I was deliberate avoiding that one because I think it's listed as "Priority" in the Journal, and I remember reading that those can shift time forward and expire some sidequests. Then I did a few of the other "Priority" missions instead.

Top Bottom