• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

JustinBB7

Hey, I just wanna know how far I am so if anybody can give me a ROUGH estimate of how close I am. I would appreciate that.

Rigth now I finished all side missions and
I just visited the Asari homeworld and the Cerberus assassin stole the information I needed. Now my next mission is to find Cerberus on Horizon.

So I wanna know how close I am to the end,

Still a way to go
Nearing it
Almost there
Very close

Use one of those :p

I'm really liking it so far, and I want to finish it, but also not since I know it's the last game for Shepard in the series. Think I might wanna end it tonight though.. I guess..

Patryn

Hey, I just wanna know how far I am so if anybody can give me a ROUGH estimate of how close I am. I would appreciate that.

I just visited the Asari homeworld and the Cerberus assassin stole the information I needed. Now my next mission is to find Cerberus on Horizon.

Still a way to go
Nearing it
Almost there
Very close

I'm really liking it so far, and I want to finish it, but also not since I know it's the last game for Shepard in the series. Think I might wanna end it tonight though.. I guess..

Somewhere between Almost There and Very Close.

bigace33

Don't know where else to post this, but apparently those of us who bought ME3 from amazon get the free EA game download even if we did not have problems installing the game. I got a code today for a free EA game of my choice (Dragon Age, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, and some other games) I owned all the rest so I chose Dragon Age. Just a heads up, you guys may want to check your email accounts for the code.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, I've just finished it. I... uh... don't know what to say. I've tried to ignore all the hyperbolic crap surrounding it but I am speechless... and not in a good way.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

Still a way to go
Nearing it
Almost there
Very close

Almost there. The mission after Horizon begins the point of no return.

Sai

Companion weapon proficiency is pre-determined, only Shep can use all weapon types. Garus for example can only use sniper + assault rifle, Liara is only pistol + SMG.
Ah, ok. I could be sure they could equip whatever we wanted. thanks for answering it was driving me crazy
Yeah, I forgot to bring this up earlier. I'm almost certain Bioware said that you could equip your squad with any weapon of your choice, but they'd be limited to carrying two at a time, and that Shepard(as a Soldier) would be the only character capable of equipping all five at once.

Raxus

I don't think MP is worth it. Of course Bioware in their infinite wisdom made it so you'll need to do some MP for the "better" endings.

If you look at the variations it actually matters very little if you get the 'best ending' or not.
Ending spoilers:
Even getting the best ending you are only given the same 3 options except you aren't forced to choose one.

Dresden

If you look at the variations it actually matters very little if you get the 'best ending' or not.
Ending spoilers:
Even getting the best ending you are only given the same 3 options except you aren't forced to choose one.

Yeah, hence the quote marks. Still, some people may care about that, and it's still a dumb move by EAware.

Arjen

Worst game ending of all time that ruins the entire trilogy my fucking arse.

The greatest joy of that ending was it not living up to the hyperbolic hate and anger I expected to feel.
In eatchildren we trust. Nu but seriously, glad its not as bad as everyone is saying

mxgt

Banned
In eatchildren we trust. Nu but seriously, glad its not as bad as everyone is saying

Because his opinion is a fact, right?

EatChildren is clearly right, the many people in these threads saying how shit is are obviously just haters

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

It kinda is though, for the people who feel that way. As said, I can appreciate people disliking it immensely and see their perspective. I just didn't feel that way, quite probably because my standard had been set so low from all the complaining, and because I don't really care enough to get into a huge debate about it.

My advise is to just play the game, enjoy the journey, and try not to listen to what other people are saying. Don't try to derive the plot from their vague, spoiler free opinions, myself included. Just play it, have fun, and see how you feel at the end.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Because his opinion is a fact, right?

EatChildren is clearly right, the many people in these threads saying how shit is are obviously just haters

EC never said the ending was good. He said it wasn't astronomically bad to the point of ruining 3 entire games and stopping him from ever replaying Mass Effect games like some people seem to say here.

PBalfredo

One gameplay addition to ME3 which I love is the variety and customization of your weapons. And how certain weapons subvert the traditional role of the weapon type. Like sniper rifles that act like assault rifle hybrid, the super accurate spike launcher shotgun, or the particle beam assault rifle filling out the heavy weapon role. I loved running around with my scoped Carnifax sniper pistol.

Sai

Um, I hated it, and I didn't—and still don't—have any anti-ME/Bioware agenda goin' on.

I loved almost everything about the game, except for the ending.

Bisnic

One gameplay addition to ME3 which I love is the variety and customization of your weapons. And how certain weapons subvert the traditional role of the weapon type. Like sniper rifles that act like assault rifle hybrid, the super accurate spike launcher shotgun, or the particle beam assault rifle filling out the heavy weapon role. I loved running around with my scoped Carnifax sniper pistol.

I'm kinda disappointed in the pistol i bought for 200,000 fucking credits. It's way too slow to be worth it. I would rather use another much faster, but weaker pistol. Is the 225,000 credits sniper at least worth it for when i'll play my Infiltrator Shepard?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
EC never said the ending was good. He said it wasn't astronomically bad to the point of ruining 3 entire games and stopping him from ever replaying Mass Effect games like some people seem to say here.
It's just the denial phase, he'll soon enter the deep, dark depression and go on BSN to complain and reclaim the series through a new ending DLC. It's just a matter of hours.

Dresden

I'm kinda disappointed in the pistol i bought for 200,000 fucking credits. It's way too slow to be worth it. I would rather use another much faster, but weaker pistol. Is the 225,000 credits sniper at least for worth it for when i'll play my Infiltrator Shepard?

The Paladin is awesome, yo. It's like a mini sniper, use it accordingly.

Sai

I'm kinda disappointed in the pistol i bought for 200,000 fucking credits. It's way too slow to be worth it. I would rather use another much faster, but weaker pistol. Is the 225,000 credits sniper at least for worth it for when i'll play my Infiltrator Shepard?
How'd you buy that thing anyways? Do your Credits carry over from New Game + like in ME?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's just the denial phase, he'll soon enter the deep, dark depression and go on BSN to complain and reclaim the series through a new ending DLC. It's just a matter of hours.

I'm already writing my own fanfic.

mxgt

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed in the pistol i bought for 200,000 fucking credits. It's way too slow to be worth it. I would rather use another much faster, but weaker pistol. Is the 225,000 credits sniper at least worth it for when i'll play my Infiltrator Shepard?

That pistol is insanely powerful.

1.5 sec recharge cryo blast + that pistol = fun times

Raxus

How'd you buy that thing anyways? Do your Credits carry over from New Game + like in ME?

Yes. It is the only way (outside of multiplayer) to get level 10 weapons.

Mods only go to level 5.

Also all the specter weapons are horrible in single player if you are power focused. If you aren't then I can see people using them.

Except you can only change your weapon (and armor) in the freaking ship!

Want to change to a different load out, try experimenting or to change to a weapon better suited to a situation? LOL fuck you, go restart the mission to get that option instead. You can't even change/pick up guns from fallen like with every single other 3D shooter ever made!

This was a piece of shit in Mass Effect 2 & it's a bigger piece of shit in ME3, since they gave a lot more options for guns.

Dresden

Also all the specter weapons are horrible in single player if you are power focused. If you aren't then I can see people using them.

Nah, the pistol is perfect for engies or adepts. Sometimes you just gotta zoom in and blow someone's head off. It hits hard and is very light.

Bisnic

Nope, i just did as many sidequests as i could and didnt buy every single upgrades i come across to waste credits for nothing. I could get 200k credits fast enough that way.

And i know its very powerful, but im an Adept, my abilities are already stronger than every pistols in this game, i just use one to quickly finish my targets. I dont need a slow and powerful pistol in these cases.

Moaradin

Except you can only change your weapon (and armor) in the freaking ship!

Want to change to a different load out, try experimenting or to change to a weapon better suited to a situation? LOL fuck you, go restart the mission to get that option instead. You can't even change/pick up guns from fallen like with every single other 3D shooter ever made!

This was a piece of shit in Mass Effect 2 & it's a bigger piece of shit in ME3, since they gave a lot more options for guns.

Umm no. Missions have weapon benches that let you change your weapon and mod them. Also every weapon you find on a level lets you change as well, and there are multiple weapons you can find per level.

Sai

Yes. It is the only way (outside of multiplayer) to get level 10 weapons.

Mods only go to level 5.

Ahh, thanks. Didn't know.

Raxus

Nah, the pistol is perfect for engies or adepts. Sometimes you just gotta zoom in and blow someone's head off. It hits hard and is very light.

That is why I carry my mantis :D. It is just hard to drop the sniper (as an infiltrator) since it is so light, works well with my skill set, and it SLOWS DOWN TIME making headshots super easy. I do hand the Paladin to my friends though since it makes them 10x more effective squad mates and I can see engies and adepts pulling it off as well.

PBalfredo

Umm no. Missions have weapon benches that like you change your weapon and mod them. Also every weapon you find on a level lets you change as well, and there are multiple weapons you can find per level.

Also, the firing range on the citadel is great for trying out new weapons and determining your loadout

Patryn

I was buyin' armor pieces 'n mods though.

I'm assuming that was unnecessary, and that I would've found all that crap on Missions anyways. ._.

Yeah, I pretty much found everything I needed.

The one thing I spent money on was upgrading my favored weapons.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Isn't the Wraith just a suped up Eviscerator? I could see myself using that, since the weight isn't a huge burden.

Raxus

Isn't the Wraith just a suped up Eviscerator? I could see myself using that, since the weight isn't a huge burden.

Sadly the shotgun was the one gun I couldn't afford (nor did it fit my class) so I haven't bought it yet. I am certain vanguards, engies and soldiers could find a use for it though. Just be sure to have all the good shotgun mods to make it effective.

Patryn

If you're power focused, you probably should only be carrying a single gun anyways, and not really using it that much.

I was controlling the battlefield without firing a shot with my sentry turret, combat drone and defense drone. I was a squad by myself.

Seriously, sentry turret with cryo bullets and missiles alongside combat drone with missiles is just unfair.

So the only way to get the level 10 weapon trophy is buy one of the Spectre weapons?

No, NG+ or multiplayer.

So I have played ME3 on the 360 and gotten my Galactic Readiness up to 95%. I just installed ME3 for the PC and logged in with the same EA account and my Readiness rating is at 95%, so I guess that your Readiness rating is tied to your EA account, and platform doesn't really matter. Kinda awesome.

Umm no. Missions have weapon benches that let you change your weapon and mod them. Also every weapon you find on a level lets you change as well, and there are multiple weapons you can find per level.

You just named the only two ways to get them.
Also half of the missions don't even have a weapons bench or a new weapon to pick up. It's a garbage system!

Top Bottom